It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Minaret Ban Controversy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
The other thing I'd like to see .. first priority .. would be for muslims to be clambering aboard planes and heading back from whence they came

They call me Islamo-xeno-phobic-fundie-nazi in this thread because they think I think like you. But I dont. Defintely not.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
because I don't remember ANY referendums asking if I would like millions of muslims in my land.

And which land is it that you own?
Which land are you talking about?

Why should you have a say in any immigration policy of whichever country you are a citizen of?

In fact, I don't know anyone who invited muslims to their lands.

I don't think that's generally how immigration works.
I don't think invitations are sent out to religious groups, inviting them to come and live in "your" country.

You seem to have some strange views on immigration policies?

Is your name Nick?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

They call me Islamo-xeno-phobic-fundie-nazi in this thread because they think I think like you. But I dont. Defintely not.

You may not think like this guy but you love starting baiting threads and making them your little experiments huh?

Great thread again i must say.

Because we didn't have enough thread on Minarets already

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They can call me whatever they like. The only opinions I respect or give a damn about are those of people I respect. And I respect those who defend their rights and their children's futures

Islam is not a religion. It's a culture

I'm perfectly content with my own culture and I do not particularly like most aspects of Islamic culture

Were I to move to a tradtionally Islamic land, then certainly I would respect my hosts' culture, laws, etc.

I expect the same preparedness to conform from muslims when they migrate to other's lands

Shame they don't have better manners

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's interesting to see Americans claim they're unaware of any minarets within the US

Maybe that accounts for the self-righteous attitudes

Travel to Australia, to the UK, to the EU and you'll see minarets

You'll see muslim women wrapped head to toe

You'll see police forces stretched beyond capacity, trying to deal with muslim 'honour killings' and their isolationist policies within host nations, aimed at preventing assimilation .. forbidding muslim young people to conform with their hosts, etc.

Sounds as if the zionists were cunning as usual, and sent educated, genuine muslim refugees to the US --- for the moment, perhaps ?

But, the US is not an island. Surely Americans have some idea of the dominant muslim culture/religion and its effects upon host nations, host populations ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And I am not being a red neck Christian, because I rant endlessly about Christians and their intolerance as well.

They always draw the "Christian-Fundie" card although we are everything but Christian.

This is your leftist-atheist type who is incapable of thinking in more than two dimensions.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
You may not think like this guy but you love starting baiting threads and making them your little experiments huh?

I opened this thread for the purpose of rational discussion of that are of importance to the future of humanity.

How can you call this subject "a baiting thread"?

Why do you not address any of the points brought up in the OP but instead respond to the most racist post in the entire thread?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The threads that you listed that were "related" to this thread, the one at the bottom... your "Fanatical muslims vs the free world"... that's the main one i was referring to when i said "baiting threads"

I mean this is just jumping on the bandwagon... there are plenty of these Minaret threads already... but no, yours is different right?

What points would you like me to address?

Shall i join in with the other idiots in saying "why can't i build a church in saudi arabia" or whatever?

What was the point.... what do you want me to say?

Edit: spelling

[edit on 7/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The subject of the OP is that of stereo-system-boosted-Minaret-chants in western countries will being relevant in the future, the next 50 years.

It will spark much controversy. This subject is of relevance not to Millions but to Billions of people.

It is important that it get resolved in a sane manner, without force from either side.

Thats the subject of the thread, not the racist post YOU responded to.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The most overused word in the world right now is that foolish, means-nothing, 'racist' nonsense

I know for a fact that the dictionary definition of 'racist' has been posted umpteen times on ATS

yet still people try to use it as a gag

Intelligent people just ignore it. It's meaningless. Particularly when used willy-nilly against people with a different opinion or who've stated an opinion which someone doesn't like

The 'racists' are muslim. And until you've sat and listened to muslim parents telling (not suggesting) to their children that the host nation's populace are prostitutes and criminals ... then you haven't a clue as to 'racism'

But give it a try, huh ? Would you deem it 'racist', this '77 white blonde virgins' nonsense unique to muslims ? Is that 'racist' ?

LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Shall i join in with the other idiots in saying "why can't i build a church in saudi arabia" or whatever?

Thats misrepresenting what this thread is about. Then you go over to another thread and say

I see so much hatred and propaganda spouted on these boards and elsewhere, and it's just sad. I've been trying not to involve myself in arguments with the Anti-Muslim brigade on here... but it's difficult...increasingly more difficult. I'm glad that there are quite a few sensible and objective members on here anyway.

So lets see you "involve yourself in arguments" proper.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Why do you keep editing your post?

You just said you thought it was "funny" how i responded to the most racist post in the thread.... why delete that?
How is it funny?

Strange comment that?

I did respond to that post because i found it offensive and i usually respond to posts that catch my attention or piss me off.
As the person can't be bothered to address my points, then it's kind of pointless to engage them.

I asked you what is the point of your thread... and you've changed it around several times?

So you are opposed, and rightly so i guess, to Prayer/Chants being blasted out of loud-speakers 5 times a day?

I'm not disagreeing with that.

There are noise pollution laws between certain hours in my country... not sure about your, so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Then you go over to another thread and say

And what do my comments on that, or any other thread have to do with this?
What's your point?

Look through my posting history.... look through the BNP threads...look through Homophobic, Sexist, Racist, Xenophobic threads.... you'll notice a trend... I'll be on them arguing with ignorant bigots... who spout hate.

What is your point?

Edit for clarity

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What is your point?

Its been insinuated that we who question the intentions of some muslims are bigots, racists, xenophobes and fundamentalist christians spreading hate-propaganda.

You are just on the verge of implying the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Its been insinuated that we who question the intentions of some muslims are bigots, racists, xenophobes and fundamentalist christians spreading hate-propagnda.

Well that's not what I've said...and not what my posts are talking about?
Why don't you respond to my points?

You are just on the verge of implying the same.

Excuse me?

And where am i "on the verge" of implying this?

I see you're up to your usual tricks.
I'm not here to play games.

Either respond to my points and actually have a discussion... or get back to the pointlessness and ignorance that is your thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

the pointless and ignorance that is your thread.

Lest keep it simple and on-topic: Which part of the OP displays ignorance? I´ll be glad to defend that.

Im not interested in adressing your other points as not to derail the talking points of the OP.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm not saying the OP... I'm talking about the comments within your thread.

I've already stated with this post.....

So you are opposed, and rightly so i guess, to Prayer/Chants being blasted out of loud-speakers 5 times a day?

I'm not disagreeing with that.

There are noise pollution laws between certain hours in my country... not sure about yours, so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

.....What my views are on the OP.

But as you are ignoring me and just picking one word or line and asking me silly questions, we're not really getting anywhere huh?

Go back through my last couple of posts and highlight some points and we'll discuss them, isn't that how this all works?
Or is it just a game where we ignore each other but choose one sentence out of context and argue about that?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm not saying the OP...

I apologize. I actually thought you came to this thread to talk about the thread topic outlined in the OP.

If thats not the case, nevermind.

Im glad you managed to agree that the OP is a valid point for discussion rather than a "bait thread" as you originally said.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You are clearly being ignorant and obtuse and not even reading my posts.
I've stated TWICE what my views are on the OP.

But you ignore it... you are unwilling to have a discussion and your conduct is pathetic, obtuse and ignorant.

I'll leave you to the intellectual delights of your thread.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

This is what you said:

you love starting baiting threads and making them your little experiments huh? Great thread again i must say.

the pointless ignorance that your thread is

When called out on it, you say "Oh, I dont mean the OP"

Give me a break

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join