It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters, this thread is for you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Finally someone says it!

Andy what exactly do they do to you? Frankly I am gonna personally say I don't believe anyone has murdered your life.

As to OP...There are gonna be bad cops...every day we get several stories of police abuse but how many hundreds of stories go unmentioned where these boys in blue save a cat or help turn a child straight on life's path or take another gun off the street?

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

No.

I told you that people need to start to get their heads out of their butts.

Most people in here that are crying about how bad the cops behave, are the same that pick up their phone the second they hear something inside the house. Which, to me, is pathetic.

People look so brave when talking trash about someone. But when sh** hits the fan... "who you gonna call?"...

The US police force isn't inapt, and isn't incompetent. Neither are the airliner pilots.

People hear some stories, and they make it general, apply them to every professional. And besides not being fair to those who actually do their job, its not correct.

EDIT:

This reminds me of those stories about some employe playing with his jewelry bag in the sauce container in McDonalds (sorry about the pub), and people start to being afraid of eating in ANY McDonalds... lol

Its the same thing.

[edit on 30/11/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My ex was a cop (UK). He was just an average person. The only jobs going in his area when he was young were either police or armed forces.
I knew for a fact one or two of his colleagues were 'bent' - perhaps to be expected in a large station.
Others join up because it's 'in the family', some might have some altruistic notion and a few are on a power trip. Those are the ones who are dangerous IMO. But I have never had any bad experiences personally. The last contact was a few weeks ago when I reported something. The cop who came out was great. There are bad apples everywhere. Doesn't mean the whole pile is rotten.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
part 2

corrupt police force taking advantage of the populace oftentimes ruining peoples lives just for the sport of it

I don't know how I missed this pearl.

Are you serious? Police ruining peoples lifes?

No. The police doesn't ruin peoples life. If you are not convicted, you are innocent. Period.

If someone is convicted and is innocent (which happens a lot more than what people would like to think so) its because of the whole system. From the people to the judge. And yes, there are disgusting cases...but again, like in any other part of society.

If people actually blame you for a crime that you are proven to be innocent of in court, then its the fault of the same people that point fingers to the police, who still think you are guilty. Its the people fault, not the police. You don't trust them, but you support the accusations of those who are corrupt?

Secondly...

People don't need an excuse to ruin their lifes. You see that happen everyday, without the aid from the police. Actually, the police sometimes has to put their foot down in some homes where the husband beats the s*** out of his wife, because he ruined their life with drugs and alcohol.

Funny, ain't it?

[edit on 30/11/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Get this the police are inept, they are incompetent when the minimum educational qualification for the job is a high school diploma what would you expect?

Spend any time talking to these useless dregs of society, you will realize that they are in fact useless, or better yet personalities that were bullies in high school who managed to go out and find a job that allowed them to continue their bulling and get paid for it.

I have yet to meet a single detective that was smart enough or capable enough to detect their own backside seated in a chair.

Pull your head out of your backside because the corruption runs deep in the police departments.

Every time they let someone out of a traffic ticket for having a booster sticker in the window of their car, or are handed a courtesy card that is corruption it is effectively a bribe. Not to mention anytime they let another officer out of a ticket just because they are an officer.

Every time they are sitting at a traffic light and decide to turn their lights on just to get out of waiting they have effectively abused their authority.

Every time they go down a street faster than the posted speed limit with no actual pursuit going on they have abused their authority.

Every time they accept food/drink from any establishment without paying for it they have accepted a bribe.

Every time they stand silent when one of their own has done something criminal they have made themselves just as guilty as the one who did it.

Not to mention the harassment they tend to dish out to anyone who dare dates their ex husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend. Or little brother/sisters undesirable significant other for that matter.

How many willingly and unlawfully bend the rules for their own friends and family?

But these are the stellar and brave people that we are supposed to bow down to and respect. The majority have abused their office in one form or another. Yet you will get the morons who cry this is ok because they are the police. If there were half as many good ones that respected their office as there were bad ones people would have no complaints because the good ones would not tolerate the bad.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by EyesII

I'm an airline pilot.

You would be amazed with some of the stories I could tell you.

...still, airplane travel is the safest way of getting around the world.

Get my point..?

T:

I sure do.

That is one reason why I avoid flying. I haven't been on a plane in over 15 years.

Every profession has a story or two to tell. I completely get that. I too have some fun times with people's heads. Why? Because I can, and because it breaks up the boredom. (reasons are in priority order.)

Back on topic. I just know that more than half the antics cops perpetrate are for their own personal enjoyment. They bust chops for fun. They also have a quota to full-fill.

As an airplane pilot, I'm sure you had fun at someone else's expense in some shape, form or manner.

Cops do it legally everyday. AND get paid for it.

-EII

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

it is attitudes such as yours which already put you on the path of being a pig. Right away you're overly sensitive about your position in life and I'd bet in short order, you'd be one of those pigs that wants to 'teach them uppity intellectuals a lesson' to assuage your own ego or hide your sub par penis size. From the get go, you're showing yourself to be a jar headed pre programmed and package wrapped 'officer' who think he's somehow better or above the rest of 'those people'

It appears that never in your brainwashed rant did you ever really question yourself as to if some of these people might have a point.

Do us all a favor and get a job that doesn't allow you to be armed.

Wow coffinfeeder I read the whole post and didn't see anything that suggested an arrogant attitude from bushido. I don't get why you are so bitter at him! And the whole penis size comment probably could have been left out too.

edit to correct quotation

[edit on 30-11-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by Jovi1

Most people in here that are crying about how bad the cops behave, are the same that pick up their phone the second they hear something inside the house. Which, to me, is pathetic.

T:

The phone would be used to call the ambulance to pick up the deceased who have invaded my home.

We don't fool around here.

BTW - if you want to get the cops over to your home immediately. Dial 911 and report that you are experiencing a home invasion IN PROGRESS.

If you report a crime in progress, they won't come as fast.

-EII

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I can't say exactly how many abuses of power there are, although I am sure there are many. I am also sure that those who are either directly or indirectly a victim of police abuse, real or perceived, think the abuse is more than it really is. There are bandwagon jumpers on both ends. That being said, all of our institutions are brimming with corruption, as it is a corrosive and contagious downward spiral.

The problem is. in my view, mindless animal retribution. This is encouraged by the Devil in power, whoever might assume that role on the stage in which we are all actors. The problem is, many think the role is the self.

Police are trained to view others as evil if they break a law, even though more ridiculous laws get introduced everyday. Many are trained monkeys, trained to see all "others" as potential killers, although some can see more beyond the lens of training than others. Now I am not merely picking on police. Many citizens are trained monkeys, trained to see the police as another, an enemy to usurp their inherent human dignity. When one sees the other in these sorts of lights, then the other, if not looking at the whole picture, and merely seeing things through an angle, merely sees the one in the same light. This is a vicious feedback loop. The only way to get out of the loop is to see the chicken and egg occurring simultaneously, if you catch my drift. This sort of feedback loop is the fall of humanity. We must forgive, both self and other. This unravels it all. BTW, one can see the gender war and all other wars in the same light, wink, wink. We will wake up soon enough. Some already have.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

The problem is, these two sorts are mirror images of each other. The one necessitates the other. This world loves angles, and hates people who see the whole picture, because this world, quite frankly, loves to hate. These are its essential magnetics at this point in time. One persons reaction is another person's problem. The REAL problem is, both are reacting, continuing the order of domination and manipulation, divide and conquer, master and slave. Sure, a revolution causes the roles to reverse, but it merely continues the same drama. Hate hate hate hate hate. I am right. You are wrong. Too bad we are all interconnected, whether or not we like it. Love is the only way. This lust for freeDOM is killing us. The right to ruthlessly exploit and dominate the other as if it is a virtue, and as if it is free, having no consequences. This is the perspective of a mere mindless beast thinking it is divine. A monkey's perspective. This beast, whore and ruthless dominator, kills itself however. The whore and ruthless active dominator kill each other simultaneously.

Edit: It appeared Bushido was far less angular in his view, but still, one with an angular view always projects the inverse angle onto his enemy.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Please, can you add anything constructive. The tricks of the mindless wearing the Jezebel archetype are pretty much done. That mentality will last a year or two more at best. Yes, there are ruthlessly dominating males out there, but, as you convey so easily, there are also ruthlessly manipulative women out there as well. They are both beasts, and they are both the real problem in society. Down with animal alphas, and up with spiritual alphas. As I said in another thread, we are killing the whore. Don't worry, we are not killing you, we are merely liberating you from being the whore's puppet. The character is not the self.

quote of redmage: "First you ask how may abuses people "think" are perpetrated, then you make the claim that you'd like to avoid speculation, and deal in "FACTS". Sorry, but that kind of "logic", along with the thread itself, seems flawed from the start."

Again, you choose not to see the author behind the drama, as you are the only author that exists. You pick apart thinks like some sort of sociopathic lawyer, not even trying to see the big picture. Any paragraph can be picked apart. I repeat, any paragraph can be torn asunder. It is our purpose to see the meaning the author intended, not to critique the way in which they delivered their message. If one wants to be super anal, "facts" are impossible. Ironically, and the joke is on you, I believe he anticipated anal, self-loathing nihilists entering this thread, so he went ahead and referenced what one thinks. After all, it all comes down to what we think. The thought is the model. The fact is the territory. The model can only hope to further approach the territory.

I noticed you put "logic" in quotations. The joke is, your liberation from HONEST logic and initiation into whoredom is one half of the reason the entirety of Western civilization is spiraling into oblivion. Dishonest logic, even though that logic might be keen, and emotional manipulation are the dualities that form the singularity of some sort of androgynous goat, the "Devil," if you will. Oh well, at least it is darkest before the dawn. I have faith that a sufficient amount of infrastructure will be left to rebuild society once the dawn finally comes.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I believe it would be like any other company who has a lot of employees. Some will do whatever they have to do to climb the ladder to success. Some will be very good at their job and automatically be one of the leaders. It does depend on the man or woman's driving force. If true justice is to be upheld, then it's not just the police who need to change. Its everyone.

Personally speaking from my own experience, I have found the police to be very helpful.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
reply to post by blupblup

Finally someone says it!

Andy what exactly do they do to you? Frankly I am gonna personally say I don't believe anyone has murdered your life.

I've called our friend Andy out on this several times.... but he never replies and usually runs away.

I am gonna personally say that he's either deluded or in a facility somewhere and isn't all there.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wow, so much hate in this thread! Personally, I feel awful for those four innocent police who were gunned down in cold blood, for no apparent reason. It will be a small comfort to the families of the victims that the coward who did that will get what's coming to him shortly.

Personally, I like cops. Most of them are great people, who do what they do out of a genuine interest in helping people. It's a dangerous, mostly thankless job that they do, and this country would be a much, much worse place if they weren't around.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have no beef with law enforcement who actually do their job in an effort to better society. To Protect & Serve. It's a civil servant position and the sooner a police officer figures this out, the better relationship with EVERYONE he will have.

It's those arrogant meat-heads that I despise. The ones who look at the job as just that. A job. Maybe they couldn't graduate college. Maybe they flunked out of truck driving school. Who knows how they came into their career? Maybe it's just the rush they get from running their cruiser through red lights with siren screaming and lights flashing. I don't know, but these idiots out there calling themselves cops who grab their gun first and ask questions later - the ones who would rather taser a person who is being disorderly, than to use that massive gut they're packing around to try to restrain the perpetrator with their own strength - they're the ones I have a beef with.

I think these guys need to re-take their Aptitude and Physical Fitness tests. As a matter of fact, it probably wouldn't hurt to monitor ALL police officers with moral evaluations every couple of years.

I have friends who serve in a local Metro department. They signed up because they grew up on the rough side of town. They saw, first hand, the kind of things that go on in the ghetto. They signed up to make a difference and try to create a better neighborhood for their family and friends. Even they admit that there is massive corruption (more in the form of cover-ups), if not massive incompetence (in the form of investigations) in their own department – of course, they can't speak for other departments.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn
The Kernel has seen it all over the board. Something involving cops and it's automatically their fault. Here's a good example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

4 cops get killed and some say it's because they are dirty. That's a pretty bold claim. There's no info about why yet. Oh, but wait!!! even if we get the info it's probably tarnished by the Thin Blue Line.

So the Kernel asks you, how many abuses of power do you think are perpetrated by police in a given year?

The Kernel would like to deal in FACTS, not speculation.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Kernel Korn]

your sympathy for the police is attributed to what expert will call the Stockholm Syndrome.
you've been their prisoner for too long. they already conditioned you to think in their favor.

you who defend the biggest organized crime ring in the US, would fall victim to their wrath just like any of us here. a little taser here to calm you down, a little pummeling there to keep you from resisting 'arrest'; and if you're a minority, they'll videotape it just for fun and be celebs on youtube.
and oh yes, the occasional 'good cop' story to feed to the gullible masses every now and then....

Fork The Police.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I guess you can expect that on a conspiracy site. There are people who feel we don't need cops, which always makes me laugh, whenever I see a scene in the world where there is a crowd but no cops present. Mass people + no law enforcement, and we become savage, chaotic animals. No respect for other humans, unless they are your direct kin or your spouse or best buddy. But some actually laughably feel we don't need any sort of enforcement. I'd guess many of the real "haters" are those folks.

Then you have people who are unable to discern between stories they read for the most part, on the Internet, and what a typical policeman does on a typical day. One story about how a policeman tazed someone, and suddenly, 100% of all cops are evil, murdering pigs. So goes their bizarre thought-process.

You are not going to convince these people that police are needed or decent, don't even bother trying. You'll have as much success as with those who insist crop circles are super-secret alien messages, or who think a giant brown sun is going to blow our planet up in a few years. I feel pity for the most part, for those who think that police are a blight. They have no real grip on reality. They don't understand that the vast majority of police get up, work a hard day, risk their lives, and then get ridiculed for it. There is nothing they do that doesn't get scorned by someone.

What I find ironic is this. Military folks used to get this level of hate when in Vietnam. Now, they are revered heroes. Police on an average 1 to 1 ratio, have a MUCH more dangerous job than military. Aside from your 11 series combat types, and your jarheads and whatnot, most military even overseas have a pretty sweet job. I know, I had one myself.

Police risk every day, coming across a drug deal, and getting shot in the head from trying to stop some dealer from giving little Susie a bag of weed. And so few give a crap. Instead, they get hated for the position they hold. Even though, we would self-destruct without that law in place. If you feel that isn't true.. YOU ARE WRONG! Just saying.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
One creates the other. All of those hard labeling cops as ruthless dominators send "The Word" out, and, lo and behold, they exist. All cops hard labeling criminals as impossible to redeem thugs and lowlifes send "The Word" out, and, lo and behold, they exist. Each needs the other for existence. The pharmaceutical companies need sick people. Egocentric spiritual "leaders" need people to be spiritually blind We are all "guilty as charged." We are charged with a spirit or label and act that out in the world.

When we see how the wheel turns, then we can actually find a solution to THE problem, rather than perpetually revolving and reacting. Master dominates slave. Slave subverts master. Slave becomes master. Master becomes slave. People fear something because they hope for something else. People hope for something because they fear something else. When oh when will we find a central FAITH, a singularity emerging from the duality of hope and fear. When will we become aware that perfect love reconciles all hate; it cures the split of humanity into angular dominators and angular manipulators. It ends the devil's drama. I know I have been harsh in some of my posts, but I make an attempt to be careful to point out that I am against an ideology, and not the person wearing that ideology. I do not desire to interfere with anyone's life an any way beyond one thing; I want to get my "Word" out.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Police on an average 1 to 1 ratio, have a MUCH more dangerous job than military.

Maybe.

But being a pig isn't that dangerous. They just use that excuse to try and get some respect and make people THINK they are in constant danger. Big brave pigs. Right.

The 10 most dangerous jobs
Occupation Fatalities per 100,000
Timber cutters 117.8
Fishers 71.1
Pilots and navigators 69.8
Structural metal workers 58.2
Drivers-sales workers 37.9
Roofers 37
Electrical power installers 32.5
Farm occupations 28
Construction laborers 27.7
Truck drivers 25

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics; survey of occupations with minimum 30 fatalities and 45,000 workers in 2002

money.msn.com...

Pigs arent even on the top 10
My job was more dangerous.

Mass people + no law enforcement, and we become savage, chaotic animals.

Is that how you act? Do you go hog wild when there are no pigs around?

Then what makes you think others do?

[edit on 30/11/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Get this the police are inept, they are incompetent when the minimum educational qualification for the job is a high school diploma what would you expect?

I would expect them to know the law, and how to keep it. I would expect that they were able to defend me when I'm in need for rescue. I would expect them to do their job. That is what training is for. That argument about education is ridiculous.

I can tell you that I was terrible in high school, because I hated all the stuff around it. But when I got to the pilot course, I finished with 98%.

If a cop is bad in school (and I'm assuming the worst scenario), but is very well fitted to be a cop, why does that matter? You're judging people on very wrong standards.

Spend any time talking to these useless dregs of society, you will realize that they are in fact useless, or better yet personalities that were bullies in high school who managed to go out and find a job that allowed them to continue their bulling and get paid for it.

Wrong. I know 6 people that are police officers, 2 of them were in the GOE (special forces (or SWAT in the US)). None of them were bullies or something like that.

I know that is true in some cases, but you are picking the bad and applying it to every cop. Which is false.

I have yet to meet a single detective that was smart enough or capable enough to detect their own backside seated in a chair.

Yet, the US police department trains professionals all over the world.

(and its not because of their beautiful blue eyes)

Every time they let someone out of a traffic ticket for having a booster sticker in the window of their car, or are handed a courtesy card that is corruption it is effectively a bribe. Not to mention anytime they let another officer out of a ticket just because they are an officer.

No, it isn't. A good cop isn't a cop that goes after every single "crime" or illegal activity. A good cop is the one who is able to judge the situation accordingly.

If you pass the radar at 10mph more than the legal limit, and you talk nicely to the cop, and say that you were distracted or something like that (and if you're being honest), there is nothing bad about letting him go.

But if you do the same thing, but you are arrogante with the cop, saying that he sucks and has no authority, is that a surprise that you get a ticket?

People use ridiculous arguments when talking about this things. In some situations the cop MUST LET GO! It's an asshole if he isn't nice... But depending on the discussion, if the cop does that, he is corrupted. Seriously...

Every time they are sitting at a traffic light and decide to turn their lights on just to get out of waiting they have effectively abused their authority.

So? I would do the exact same thing. Provably I would even put them on to mess around some drivers. Does that mean I'm the devil in uniform?

How many of us haven't played around in some situations in our work?

If a cop does that and has an accident, he must face the consequences. If he doesn't (and you're talking like they can't judge situations), whats the harm?

(and no, I'm not saying that the more serious stuff "is okay")

Every time they go down a street faster than the posted speed limit with no actual pursuit going on they have abused their authority.

No. They are not abusing authority. They are commiting a crime. And if they get caught, they also pay a fine (I have seen that happen).

Every time they accept food/drink from any establishment without paying for it they have accepted a bribe.

No. Its a nice gesture from the community. Its the same thing that the community saying "we like you. We like your job. Here is some gratitude".

You can trace that to the old templars that had where to stay and food just because they were the defences of the citadel.

Every time they stand silent when one of their own has done something criminal they have made themselves just as guilty as the one who did it.

That happens in EVERY job. Pointing the finger to the cops just because that happens is unfair.

I have seen nurses shutting up when the doctor screwed up and killed the patient.

That happens, and is appliable to every single profession in the world.

Not to mention the harassment they tend to dish out to anyone who dare dates their ex husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend. Or little brother/sisters undesirable significant other for that matter.

If they brake the law, they are criminals, like everybody else. If the other person brakes the law, and that cop is on top of him, that cop is being a b*tch, not corrupted.

How many willingly and unlawfully bend the rules for their own friends and family?

How many of you wouldn't give your life for your family?

But these are the stellar and brave people that we are supposed to bow down to and respect. The majority have abused their office in one form or another. Yet you will get the morons who cry this is ok because they are the police. If there were half as many good ones that respected their office as there were bad ones people would have no complaints because the good ones would not tolerate the bad.

The problem is that the bad ones are all the way up to the governament. Things can't change if people don't act, and EVERYONE is guilty of that.

Its not only the cops who have to complain about the other cops. The people must also complain, and must give credit to the cop who is trying to make a difference.

Almost everyone in here is complaining about the cops in a forum. How many have actually acted when something wrong happened? Legally?

Don't come here and try to feed me some bs about legal system. My country has a sh*tty legal system, not the US, and here we can get things done (and we have a lot more corruption).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join