It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters, this thread is for you.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not to get off topic on the OP but Law Enforcement officers are to protect and defend the people and ARE PAID by the local businesses taxes. THEY KEEP THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY SAFE. If someone breaks into my home, they are dead, if they try and assault me, they are dead, I can protect my own as should everyone, the police have no business stopping us for ANY traffic situation other than an accident and the have no political jurisdiction. They are to KEEP THE PEACE, traffic tickets are colonial taxes on us and illegal and unconstitutional. Where is the Police Academy any more? There aren't any because it taught them to respect the public and not to hassle us. Now they go to night "Law School" and are taught corporate law and how to subvert our rights without us questioning it.

It is time we woke up and smelled the coffee and put a stop to this crap. Many of us are working on it. Stop police brutality by educating them on the real and true COMMON LAW.

Thou shalt NEVER infringe upon anothers rights, life, liberty or property, EVER.

That's the only law, why would you need to go to a "Law School" to learn that?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

I just love this story!! Youtube is a freakin' treasure trove of criminal intel.

No surprise they went quietly. Everyone is a tough guy on the Net. Kudos for everyone taking it seriously. Stupid should hurt. Or as a friend said, "Stupid games should award stupid prizes".

Not mentioned in the report is that the pistol which was prominately displayed in the video was also recovered during a search warrant. Of course it turned out to be.....drum roll.....an airsoft gun - NOW THAT'S GANGSTA!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Man I have been saying almost the exact same thing to people for years. It always falls on deaf ears though. Doesn't matter though. There's not much of the 4th amendment left, is there.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What I do not like about the police is their tendency to cover up for each other. Another thing I don't like is when they get on a power trip and think they can do as they please. And the problem has more to do with the person than the office of a policeman or woman. It's only as good as the person wearing the uniform. There are many good cops out there protecting us everyday. But those few that are bad make them all look like criminals, especially when the good ones cover up for them just because they are comrades.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by EyesII

I'm an airline pilot.

You would be amazed with some of the stories I could tell you.

...still, airplane travel is the safest way of getting around the world.

Get my point..?

You would think an airline pilot would be smarter.

The safest way of getting around is walking.

And at that, because you are the one in complete control, it is up to you to determine who the idiots are that are around you so that you know where you are going.

As far as moving automobiles, cars are second, because yet again, why would I put my life in the hands of an airline pilot that I know -nothing- about instead of drive my own car that I work on all by myself; and on top of that, I assume all others around me are complete idiots and/or liars, so I never assume any direction anyone is going. I am always in the clear by my very own will. The only possible accident that I can be in because of my ability to -care- about my surroundings (unlike most of you dumb drivers) is one where I am at an intersection with heavy traffic and I'm sitting at a red light and someone is coming up on me at an insane speed which I am incapable of avoiding. Even then, I know how to get the hell outta my soon-to-be-useless chunk-of-change and dart.

Point being, useless argument. The best way to not deal with cops is not to break the law, and if you're going to, be flawless about it. (I do not condone the breaking of the law, mind you, but rather make a common-sense point about how not to deal with cops).

However, even then, you will still have to answer to some pigs in your day. Try having the name "Tarzan" when they come around. A previous poster mentioned the average officer's simpleton-like attitude...

Let's just say that no matter what city, county, or state I've been in, it's the same unoriginal jokes - while they're wasting my time, my taxpayer money, and letting other people get away with things like getting drunk and driving.

Pigs. The lot of em. And airline pilots, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by six
reply to post by truthquest

Each time the police PROFIT from crime by issuing a speeding ticket that counts as one abuse. I'd say that accounts for 95% or more of police abuse of power. Anyone who either is involved in crime for profit needs at least a year in prison from a reasonable standpoint. These thugs in uniform must understand what they are doing is extortion.

Lets see....Speed LIMIT....and you were exceeding the speed LIMIT...Therefore you were breaking the law and got caught. Its called crime and punishment. What would you have the punishment for speeding be?

You need to be more informed about your local government. For the most part speeding fines go into a general fund not to the police department.

ETA- I have seen alot of people on here griping about speeding tickets. There is a simple solution..DONT SPEED. If you dont speed, then you are not breaking the law. Not speeding=No fine. Speed limits are laws. Cops enforce laws.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by six]

There are so many things wrong with profiting from crime I don't even know where to start.

Let me start with the most disgusting factor... THE POOR ARE PUNISHED WITH FINES WHILE THE RICH ARE NOT. A $100 punishment to a lawyer is 1/2 hour of government slave labor (involuntary servitude) which is nothing. A $100 to a minimum wage earner is roughly 20 hours of slave labor. There is nothing more offensive to me than punishing someone for being poor. But that gets lost on you with all of your bloodthirsty revenge lusts.

I don't care if the money technically goes into a charity fund to feed the poor. Its not the right way to punish anyone for anything. They could still pull accounting tricks to get the money and even if they didn't its still illegal by the constitution because the constitution makes it clear involuntary servitude is not acceptable. And even if they use no accounting tricks at all, the fact that their general fund expands by $100 means they can expand the police funding by $100 at any time.

You ask me what the correct punishment is for speeding. Well rather than mentioning a punishment I'd rather mention that I could think of one way of punishment someone that does not involve money every day for the rest of my life if I so desired. Jailtime is the obvious alternative.

You state that I "broke the law and got caught". Yeah. And why was the law there to be broken? To keep me safe? Hell no. It is there to collect money for the local police. Or perhaps the mayor as you suggest demands it from his police department so he can better populate his general fund. whatever the reason, the reason I "broke the law and got caught" is because my locality chose to create a for-profit law.

Its very common for police to be patrolling for speeders very far outside their jurisdictions virtually everywhere across the country! Oh they care so much for our safety they go all that far out of the way. Umm... no... they are care about $$$.

There are four things wrong with crime for police profit that I know of:
1. Involuntary Servitude
2. Strong Incentives for Corruption
3. Extortion... if you don't pay you are punished further.
4. The poor are screwed while the rich get off the hook... gross!!!

You so kindly noted how cops enforce laws and you only get in trouble for breaking them. Well... not quite really but on some level sure that is what cops do. And the reason those laws are so draconian and insane is because those in power are money-thirsty madmen who can use laws to collect money for themselves!

Or are you someone who believes government workers are paid so much because they work the hardest?

Much of my problem with the police would be eliminated if the default punishments were jailtime instead of corporate welfare for the rich via involuntary servitude aka slavery.

six

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

THE POOR ARE PUNISHED WITH FINES WHILE THE RICH ARE NOT

And just where is your proof of this? For the most part, everyone is treated the same. You speed, you get fined. Again...if you cant pay the fine, dont do the crime. Simple. Even if you believe that these laws are just for engorgement of the governments coffers, the easiest way to deny them of your funds is to not speed.

But that gets lost on you with all of your bloodthirsty revenge lusts.

Show me where I have demonstrated "blood thirsty revenge lusts". Wait I'll save you the time in looking..You can't. You are speaking from your back side. A weak attempt at an insult.

Its not the right way to punish anyone for anything.

Then just what is? Jail time? Community service? What? Jail time does not fit the severity of the crime. Community service...well....that just gets into your involuntary servitude doesnt it??

And why was the law there to be broken? To keep me safe? Hell no. It is there to collect money for the local police.

Contrary to your belief, yes it is for your safety. To protect your from others , and they from you. There are several factors that come into play here. One..The roads are only designed for a certain speed. Did you know that? There is a maximum designed speed limit built into the design of roads.
Two...People have differing driving skills. Example. Your driving skills are better than those of someone that is 75 years old. Do you want them driving as fast as they want to while you are on the road? I would hope not. Same goes for a 16 y.o. Do you want them driving as fast as they want to while your on the road with your family? Just as someone who is a proffesional race car driver would not want you in any race they were driving in. Speeding infringes on other peoples right to safety.

whatever the reason, the reason I "broke the law and got caught" is because my locality chose to create a for-profit law.

No. It is because you were breaking a law. A law that you knew was there. A law created for, not only yours, but other peoples safety.

Its very common for police to be patrolling for speeders very far outside their jurisdictions virtually everywhere across the country!

If this were true, then these fine would be thrown out in a court of law. What is your proof of this? Is this just your opinion?

Or are you someone who believes government workers are paid so much because they work the hardest?

Paid so much??? Really??? I work for the government. This doesnt show in my pay check.

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-12-2009 by six]

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It would appear this discussion has lost its momentum, the last comment I see is dated 2009. Does anyone out in ATS Land wish to continue posting to this discussion?
Please let me know.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
the wierdest thing is that it suddenly appeared in my fav threads. Never even saw it before.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

Well considering you only get to hear about a fraction of them it's impossible to say.
Cops protect each other.

I'm trying to find a video. I know it exists because I saw it on one of those wildest police video shows a few years ago. It was a cop pulling over a truck and it turns out the guy in the truck is a drunk off duty cop. The arresting officer is all torn up and goes to the other cop and says stuff like "I just can't do it" and they eventually let him go. I don't know why they think civilians are so different can they only relate on the cop level and not the human level?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I think they are becoming more and more rare though. The mentality of cops are changing.

The other day I was driving to work and I was cutting it close. I passed a cop going the other way. He did a Uturn in the middle of the highway and got behind me, waited at a light with me and then when it changed turned on his lights and pulled me over. I was completely confused as I wasn't speeding or anything. He came up and I gave him my papers and i.d. and told him that I was going to be late for work and where I worked. He said he pulled me over because he saw I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. Admittedly I wasn't but I usually do, I was just in a huge rush.

He made me 10 minutes late for work and gave me a 25 dollar ticket. Why? For my protection? Was it really necessary for him to do a Uturn in the highway and waste my time and take my money, and risk my job? Back in the day the cop wouldm't have bothered, but if for some reason they did, they would have just said put your seat belt on and let you go so they wouldn't make you late for work.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

So you're mad that you got caught speeding and not wearing a seat belt?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join