It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters, this thread is for you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
forced to take all sorts of classes in psychology, sociology, cultural studies, victimology, and related subjects they will need to understand because that's what they will be using every day on the street. Lacking these skills, no cop is particularly effective. A LPN gets more training and they don't carry a gun and don't make life and death decisions.

Oh, and to the asshat who said this thread is no different than a 'jew haters, asian haters, or retard haters thread.', you're not really worth a reply because you're hopelessly lame, but you DO realize that being a cop is a career choice and not an unalterable condition of birth? LOL for the love of christ....hilarious. See the difference yet?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Cormac MacArt]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Thank you brother. Very well said and I feel the same way. I knew when I came to ATS tonight exactly what I was going to find. Free speech is what makes this country great and I will fight to keep it that way even if it means the idiots have to be heard. God bless America.
seeashrink, aka Sarge

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
[edit on 30-11-2009 by seeashrink]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
almost every day there is a new story of police abuse... its hard to keep up with them all.

True. But every single day, without fail, there are millions of acts of bravery, kindness, and helpfulness performed by police. It's *impossible* to keep uo with them all. These just never make it into the news, because they're not exciting enough. If the news had to publish all the good deeds, as well as the bad, you'd be overwhelmed by the good stuff. The bad stuff would be lost in all the text.

There are what? Hundreds of thousands of police in the US? Some are going to be bad. Many others are going to be accused of misconduct, but actually were within the guidelines. That leaves most of these hundreds of thousands of police doing a great job against serious obstructions - one of which is the attitude that all cops are bad.

Pulling people over is hard work??

Busting a couple of pot-heads is hard work??

Investigating cold cases matters??

Driving around town is hard work??

Hitting on girls whenever you get the chance is hard work??

Getting shot at once in a lifetime on average...yeah, I'd say we all have that risk. Most cops don't EVER get shot at and a few will shoot their own guns. Welcome to the real world, without the movies.

The news DOES broadcast the acts of bravery -- hello? Very rarely do I see the MSM making cops look bad.

Maybe if you live in a MAJOR CITY, then you won't hear of every little thing that went on. And yeah, let's not downplay the importance of the job an officer does. But let's certainly not upgrade it to godlike, hero standards.

When people put their life on the line, FOR REAL, and for the RIGHT CAUSE, then yes, it is a good thing. But just becoming a police officer does not necessarily make you more of a target than other people on this planet. What kind of insanity is it about people that makes them believe that? People do realize that police officers get -paid- for the -JOB- they -chose-. Right?

If you people think that police officers are as worth as much as you say, then PETITION TO GET THESE GUYS BETTER PAY. Maybe there will be less crime in general if the cops get more money because less of them will resort to crime to get more money and they will also be happier which will help them to not take out all their aggressions on the law-breakers in the first place. IN fact, these officers might go to these POOR NEIGHBORHOODS and instead of always CRACKIN A STICK, they could make some food for these kids on the streets. IF Cops are really good people like you ---insane--- people say, then why aren't these cops using their OWN personal time to go and investigate and interact with these thugs and lawbreakers to get to the root of the problems and try to solve the problems instead of always trying to THROW PEOPLE IN JAIL where PEOPLE ARE USELESS? I can tell you, yes, that prison is required for a FEW people. But I can tell you that prison is overpopulated and most of the people in PRISON are not guilty of a PRISON-worthy crime!!!

Anyone in Law Enforcement who feels good about "putting people away" AT ALL in this age is Screwed up in the head.

Rapists and Killers and Governmental or Corporate frauds are the only people who should be going to prison. That - is - it.

Drug dealers should stay in their LOCAL JAIL. The longer a drug dealer stays in the local jail the more information and the more heart-to-heart there is between the drug dealer and the officers. The law will have a better opportunity to attack the problems in their area.

(Of course, I'm assuming right now that Cops are intelligent, good, and extremely above average human beings like everyone thinks they must all be.)

Thieves should owe service to whomever they attempted to steal from. Jail won't teach crap to a thief.

Driving without a license? Whatever???? Licenses are a SCAM! Driving is pathetically easy, but people are useless and careless. A license (which is stupidly easy to get anyhow) does not a good driver make! A license is a way to get taxes and more importantly keep TRACK OF YOU. Driving without a license is not dangerous to other people -- only to yourself! Because big daddy gotta know where you are and what you doin. If you don't have a license, you're going to jail! What-ever. So, what if you're a run-away inmate and you're claiming you're John Johnson and they don't believe you. Easy... the same way the rest of Corporate America does it -- Social Security #, date of birth, etc. Start rattling it off. Oh, but John Johnson, who we think might be America's Most Wanted, is very smart and can remember these things. But, what John Johnson won't be able to tell you that the government will is what is the last thing that John Johnson used his Social Security # for? Hmm. So, why are we wasting money taking people to jail again?

Oh, me, oh, my... I could keep going, once again, but Let's get our heads out our butts and start realizing that POLITICS is the only reason anyone on this planet likes cops. Family or friends -- but everyone else can see the difference. I've met ONE good officer in my entire life, and he quit because he said it was bull. NO kidding.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

ITT: trolls trolling trolls trolling moralfags trolling trolls honestly i come from the chans so it takes more than this to "upset" me try harder you failure.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
As screwed up as the police can and have been, I've honestly been let go more times than I've been harassed in my life. Times when I should have gone to jail, or at least gotten a giant ticket, I was told to have a nice day.

made nicer by the relief that I dodged a different kind of bullet.

Also, aside from their jobs, people died. those people had a family, I'm sure. People who care about them. Being numb to that seems kind of inhuman, no?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cannibalman

HUMANS, not cops, that are corrupt.

This is the gospel for anyone who points there finger and says look,
look at him he's the bad guy. If you really want see one up close
you need only look into mirror.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Also, aside from their jobs, people died. those people had a family, I'm sure. People who care

Eight kids in all are minus a parent now. That's just messed up.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Everybody has a family...nobody created themselves. How about that weird sentencing difference between crack and powder coc aine when they are EXACTLY THE SAME DRUG. We already know it's due to crack's prevalence among minorities that it carries with it a much stiffer mandatory prison sentence. It's built in racism/slavery designed to destroy communities , families, and make sure neighborhoods stay fractured. Cops understand the discrepancy but enforce immoral and heinous laws without giving a #, so why should anybody care when cops get greased? They are largely a paramilitary tool of oppression.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Shut Up - we have been lied to our whole lives. Do you think we'll ever trust you again?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cormac MacArt
Everybody has a family...nobody created themselves. How about that weird sentencing difference between crack and powder coc aine when they are EXACTLY THE SAME DRUG. We already know it's due to crack's prevalence among minorities that it carries with it a much stiffer mandatory prison sentence. It's built in racism/slavery designed to destroy communities , families, and make sure neighborhoods stay fractured. Cops understand the discrepancy but enforce immoral and heinous laws without giving a #, so why should anybody care when cops get greased? They are largely a paramilitary tool of oppression.

crack is way more addictive (not from firsthand experience, I knew people on it and they are completely different people than those who snort coke) thus it carries a heavier sentence. The process itself only involves a small amount of coc aine, making it easier to make and sell.

however, I have always believed the government created it

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

Originally posted by Cormac MacArt

crack is way more addictive (not from firsthand experience, I knew people on it and they are completely different people than those who snort coke) thus it carries a heavier sentence. The process itself only involves a small amount of coc aine, making it easier to make and sell.

however, I have always believed the government created it

The Gov did create Meth. It was given to soldiers & pilots. That is a fact for anyone wishing to look into it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
also, OP, I know you'll appreciate but feel kind bad for this:

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The problem isnt the police, its the system. Its the system that allows police to be corrupt and it is also the system which stops them from doing their jobs properly. I have no problems with police being heavy handed with a violent thug in the streets because some people need a good hiding. But at the same time police need to have good morals and a sense of duty to uphold the law which is lacking in many officers today. Here in the UK police cant do their jobs properly because theyre so tied up with massess of paper work and theres so many things they cant do and this is one of the reasons why crimes so bad. Theres a fine line between good policing and bad policing and the system makes sure that the latter is always practiced. Im sick of these "liberals" saying "police shouldnt do this or that". Take a look at the rough areas where kids terrorise the streets and the police just stand there and watch because theyve got their hands tied behind their backs with rules and regulations by the government to make sure crimes as bad as ever.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The reason people don't like cops is because the majority of them were the kids in high school who knew how to throw a football and beat up kids who were different.

Most are the lowest common denominator, they could barely comprehend simple history or science but got a job with an incredible pension that we pay for.

I'm supposed to trust them? Most are corrupt simpletons who abuse the power that we give them.

There are good cops but the majority are plain bad.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
As some people have said there are some good cops and some bad cops around, yes there are some acts of bravery and helpfulness and doing a good deed, possibly MORE than there are instances of abuse of power...there is however something I would point out... doing good deeds and being helpful are things they SHOULD be doing, not just as a fellow human being but as part of their JOB... they get paid to be helpful and stop crimes the do not get paid to commit crimes theirselves.

This brings alot of things into light such as why do people tip people or give medals for people doing their job it makes a mockery of those who DESERVE recognition for their actions that are ABOVE AND BEYOND their job.

sorry for the rant, I utterly hate the police (personal experiences not media based), but even I have to admit the media play a large part in highlighting the bad compared to the good!

Some police = Good
Some Police = bad
Most police = just doing their job
Media = EVIL

(sorry for the rant)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Oh... then it must be ok to kill cops.

I mean, how many civil crimes are there? Less than the cases of cop abuse? Because, from what you said, it seems it works that way.

I find it amazing that when some youtube video pops up with cops in it, the retarded folks that can't see past "the law" keep spitting accusations.

...Some nutjob goes around in a chase, hurts a couple of innocent people along the way, maybe kills someone (and imagine that it is a familiar car, with children and all) and then its stopped by the cops...

...mind you, that one of the cops actually hits the bastard, and uses some agression on him.

There are people capable of thinking in this type of situations something like this: "That stupid cop is abusing of his power! He is hurting that poor man!".

There is no point in debating something like this. Some people like to have police around, some people don't.

Mainly because the first type doesn't have nothing to hide, and the second does some illegal behaviour now and then...

They got ambushed, and people immediatly think it's because they are dirty. Well, what if they are the opposite? What if they were killed because they were honest and didn't want to participate in some sort of crime?

Like we say in my country, "you're never happy with what you have".

Thats a gigantic true in the USA regarding the police force.

I've said this in another cop-related thread, but I'll say it again:

Americans don't know how lucky they are for having the police force that they have.

I would love to drop 80% of the people posting in this thread in Brazil. I would love to see you last ONE WEEK in a favela, where the patrols are made by THE MILITARY and not by the regular police.

Or in Columbia, where the police actually helps to kidnap and steal money from families.

After that, go back to the US and try to have the balls, and self-respect, of talking this kind of trash about your police force.

Yes, the police departement has issues. LIKE ANY OTHER PART OF SOCIETY.

From the people that I know that never committed a crime or something illegal, NONE are against the police.

From the people that I know that have committed some type of crime or are connected to some sort of illegal activity, almost all of them are against the police.

I wonder WHY....

And then there is the third group. That group of people that are simply too spoiled in their average/perfect/danger-free life, and since they never lived in a situation where they had to cover their windows because they might get shot, they think its ok to talk trash about the cops.

The only people to which I grant the "right" to talk this sort of stuff about cops, are the ones who had serious problems with the police, and the police acted in a wrong way. And that's it.

Some people need to get their heads out of their a** really FAST.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

The Kernel would like to deal in FACTS, not speculation.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Kernel Korn]

Fact 1 - The cops are ALWAYS around when you don't need them.

Fact 2 - The cops are NEVER around when you DO need them.

I know a lot of cops and I am ashamed of the stories that they tell me. Abuse is a mild description.

-EII

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

I'm an airline pilot.

You would be amazed with some of the stories I could tell you.

...still, airplane travel is the safest way of getting around the world.

Get my point..?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

So basically you have just told us that in addition to an inept corrupt police force taking advantage of the populace oftentimes ruining peoples lives just for the sport of it.

We now have to worry the inept corrupt pilots who willingly endanger the lives of their passengers who seem to think it is ok to slack off on their job because statistically they can proudly say it is the safest form of travel?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join