It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

That's got to be embarrassing after an all night stand-off with spotlights tear gas and shots fired into the home only to find nobody there???
wonder if he did manage to escape or was just never there and now needs a new parrot?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So, without even locating their suspect, they have determined that he is guilty, wounded, and now dead. Hmmm.... Or he is the super suspect, coolly maneuvering into position, displaying incredible shooting abilities, and then evading the dragnet, all the while raving about how he is Jesus.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

lol the last part about the parrot is funny, and I love your sig. Not making light of this situation.

PS I have very good friends who are leo,but I also know a few leo who should be beat with in an inch or two of there lives,notice I didn't say killed. Peace

[edit on 11/30/2009 by dirtydog]

[edit on 11/30/2009 by dirtydog]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No good will come of the murders. Whoever benefited from the act of shooting four people in the head in cold blood is the very defintion of evil. The thought that such evil walks freely is sickening. They needed killing. Yeah, so will the next poor slob who is murdered. An evil person can justify anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Cops have the least loved job on Earth. Everyone loves it when the fire department shows up, very few want the police at the door. They have what is to me an impossible job. Between being shot or being sued, I wouldent have the balls to do their job. I have called 911 for medical issues a couple of times. The cops were always the first here and were always very professional. I don't like getting a ticket any more then the next guy, but few people are more polite then a cop who pulls you over.

I don't know what your gripe is, but it seems you have more "issues" then just cops. I have a friend who was a cop who left the job because of office politics. He also got tired of the verbal abuse from the public. And no, he never fired his weapon in 21yrs of being on the force. Sure, like any one else some cops are crooks. But I have met enough to most are not, and don't murder any one. You might change your point of view if you need their help.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

I don't know what Seattle is like but here in Albuquerque the cops have a fancy new Helicopter complete with FLIR Thermal Imaging... From the air hovering above a house they can see (In most cases) if anyone is inside. Maybe that kind of tech isn't available to them>>> either way its got to be embarrassing ya know

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

The really sad part of this, and don't get me wrong what happened to these 4 cops was wrong, but they have shown themselves to be no better than the man they are accusing of doing it.

They have already declared him guilty, they have shown no regard for the public safety. And before anyone asks shooting at an empty house is not safe nor responsible behavior.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just wonder if Mike Huckabee will take some air time on Fox News to sing a song to the little girl and her family and the families of the murdered police officers.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
How would people feel if four diners were shot in public? People would be screaming "where were the cops"? No matter what cops do, it seems they can never win...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.mikehuckabee.com...

""The senseless and savage execution of police officers in Washington State has saddened the nation, and early reports indicate that a person of interest is a repeat offender who once lived in Arkansas and was wanted on outstanding warrants here and Washington State. The murder of any individual is profound tragedy, but the murder of a police officer is the worst of all murders in that it is an assault on every citizen and the laws we live within.

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

I guess he forgot he was the one who let the guy go on a 95 year sentence. And the following day he says this.

www.mikehuckabee.com...

Those faces I saw when I looked across a table to sign a book gave me confidence that we're a nation that might be traveling uphill, but still a nation that knows how to climb uphill. I met people who believe that God still hears the prayers of His people when they repent, pray and seek Him. You might not know their names because they aren't famous to you, but God knows them and hears them. And I'm thankful for them. And believe in them. And because of them, I still believe in America and its future.

So was he blinded by a crimnal who found God supposedly after he got sentenced for 95 years and then released him because he felt the guy repented his sins?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I assure you the cops would not be taking it anywhere near this seriously. There would be no 100,000 dollar reward for his capture and they most certainly would not have been shooting at an empty house over it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

The truth is, EVERY one of you who talks about the cops "harassing" you or pulling you over or writing you a ticket or getting arrested and complaining about it, did exactly what you were accused of doing. You are just not a big enough person to admit it

i am *NOT* a "cop-hater", but i strongly resent that remark and intimation that EVERY person an officer stops or questions is GUILTY of a crime or somehow deserves to be pulled over... 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law' is still in the Constitution i believe, or did the Patriot Act erase that? some leo can and do make errors and can and do uphold the police state violations of human rights... last time i checked- covering one's hair in oregon was only illegal in a public school office or classroom.

hmmm things i or more recently my caregiver have been stopped for by police/sheriffs: stopping too long at stop signs, having rear windshield wiper taped down (motor broken and it does complete circle thing- not good)- stopped 3 times for this and all three times the officer tried to tell me or caregiver it was illegal and we could be ticketed with Big Fine (NOT. it's an accessory and not required equipment)."hesitating" at green lights, having the lining of car door off and in back of van- "looked suspicious"- )we were in process of repairing wiring and did not know that not having the door lining on the door was illegal, as two of the 5 individual officers stopping us on different occasions informed us...), 'mistakenly' thought my registration sticker was invalid and needed a closer look. one guy just happened to be by my apartment complex as i was pulling out one morning to go to work and followed me all the way from one small town through rural areas waaaay out of his jurisdiction to another small town all the way into the parking lot of my place of employment where he parked beside me and when i got out of car- he never put on lights or siren until i exited car- then jumped out and yelled hold it right there ma'am! and frisked me and asked/demanded to see id and search car. reason for suspicion? "visible exhaust" and "blankets piled in back window" and it being 3.30 am (my shift was 4am to 10am- duh.) made him "suspicious" - of ??? he never said. and yes. i DID file a complaint and report. [edit: by the way- thiis commute was over 20 miles...]

and the one ticket i did get? waaaaay before i wore hijab and before 09/11/2001. and i paid and didn't argue or fight. i said yes sir and no sir, and smiled and drove off after. went to court only to ask the judge if i could make payments, instead of all at once, not to fight.

i'm not a saint, but i'm not a criminal either. i grew up around criminals. no desire to follow in family business, lol. in fact at gatherings, *I* am the one who is the "black sheep" because i DON'T drink/drug and ppl actually take OFFENSE... lol. so, yes, some cops DO make "errors", even some.... INTENTIONALLY *gasp* to paint anyone who admits this with the label of "criminal". we get enough of that from MSM and the government, and everyday life pretty much, tyvm!

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ExParrot]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That is not entirely true. Most police departments don't have have the technology that can be blocked by numerous buildings, the material used, if designed to refract or block certain materials will prevent you seeing persons in a building. One way involves creating back ground heat that can cause the body heat of said persons to be "washed out". But you will perspire to death, or just be very uncomfortable. There are certain materials that are far more effective, in addition to technology that use methods such as IR,
and very specific EM spectrums. You can "tune" using certain technologies systems that home in on movement, and works well, if you assume no one moves, and they don't know some one is "peeking ".

It's much harder even under the ideal situations to use the kind of systems most police forces can afford. Access to some technologies are classified. Even "conventional" technology is expensive, and most police forces are on a tight budget. They also don't have access to the most advanced technology, which is usualy multi-spectrum. They can't buy it, or don't have the budget.

Having a SIMPLE IR system, can at least be purched by a county, usually. police departments rarely have the cash, although specialized crews of larger forces may have the budget. Selective soft-ware would if it sees through walls that is not classified may be an option. A large PD that may have several helicopters may have the budget, but I have to ask do you spend the money on kevlar plus armour vests (kevlar alone provides low caliber protection given the major leage power so many have these days. Even low power rounds, if configured will go through kevlar).

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Gun control and drug control is also about CONTROL. A stoned population, such a population is hard to control. Some people have their own private arsenal. I support people owning guns, as were not talking about a cannon. People under the influence are a greater danger because they are unpredictictable. Said population scare the establishment no end.

As long as you don't affect others such as driving bombed, or hurting others UTI, they should be left the hell alone. What people do to their own bodies is their bloody business.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Investigators say they know of no reason that Clemmons or anyone else might have had to open fire on the four as they sat working on their laptops Sunday. Court documents indicate that Clemmons is delusional and mentally unstable.

Delusional and mentally unstable but stable enough to dispatch 4 cops in cold blood, in very short order and yet leave witness there? I mean come on... All 4 were wearing vests.

This guy is so unstable that he was able to mortally wound each one. He must have know where to hit these cops that were all wearing vests right?

I also find it strange that they say he is a suspect but none of the witnesses thus far has been publicly interviewed and stated that this is indeed the guy. Anyone see any reports as such?

My speculation still stands... These 4 cops were eaten by their own and this guy is the fall guy. If they kill him before he is captured I will know for sure that it is all a lie.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
reply to post by v3_exceed

This male bovine excrement about "police turning a blind eye is ridiculous". Yes, I'm sure there have been circumstances where some officers have looked the other way. But I can tell you from first hand experiences that most cops will not tolerate a corrupt officer!

And the general feeling on most police departments is pretty cosy to those that turn in wrongdoers. Some times to a fault.

Good Morning,

I have to disagree, only because my personal experience proves other wise.
When I was 12, i was in the company of others who commited a simple theft. Prior to the theft, I told the others that I wasn't going to be involved and I was leaving, at this time one of the others grabbed a package in a Greyhound station and shoved it under his jacket. Within a few seconds a police officer was running toward the group and brought us all into an office.

Shortly after, 2 uniform police officers showed up to arrest us all, and take us to the police station. The larger male apparently didn't like me, so he punched me, knocking the wind out of me. Now there was no resistance from any of us, we were scared crap-less. The other officer took no action, nor even cared to notice my gasping. Once at the police station, one officer passing by did mention it was illegal to have the cuffs on us as they were. (young offender thing at the time) but no other office took any action, nor even mentioned the assault on my person.

When it went to court, it came to light that I was not involved, and that I was already leaving prior to this theft. Charges were dropped, and I was let go. Now at what point does any of this warrent my being assaulted by a cop twice my size? I assure you, that if a police man were to assault me like this today, my litigation lawyers would ensure my retirement on that policemans head.

You can say what you will, but this is a circumstance that happens DAILY to others. I have also seen the videos of a news station trying to get complaint forms from local police stations. You would do well to watch this, as it clearly illustrates how deep the blue brotherhood is.

..Ex

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cormac MacArt
Let's put the 'one bad apple' theory to rest for good...half the orchard is bad.

Everything is like this from politicians, to teachers, too shop clerks, too businessmen. The tools of the trades are just different. So the harms done take different forms. I could tell you stories about cops, about teachers, about politicians, about business people, and every day poor people of every color and every religion that are nuts.

I lived in Leshi/Central District which is where the shooter is holed up. The gangs are ill there and the fruit is falling rotten from the trees.

www.king5.com...

I taught at the local high school near Leshi. I moved away last summer. It was already bad kids killing kids regularly and with the economy and everything going down. 34.5% of black males unemployed. And the drug soup the kids were doing on a regular basis there is a sure fire recipe for psychosis.

I left knowing it was getting ready to get a lot worse.
My heart and prayer go out to the families of the slain in suffering, the slain, the slayer and the many in that area who too will suffer with this. The irony is there are a lot of apples out there with just a few bad spots and they are all trying so hard just to made a descent life...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

This guy is so unstable that he was able to mortally wound each one. He must have know where to hit these cops that were all wearing vests right?

The head?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DChenO

Originally posted by northof8

The head?

So one of the cops gets shot in the head but has time to go out and shoot at the guy before dieing?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Seattle, Washington (CNN) -- Nearly 10 years ago, Maurice Clemmons pledged to make a fresh start.

"I come from a very good Christian family and I was raised much better than my actions speak," Clemmons said in a clemency application brief to then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000. "I'm still ashamed to this day for the shame my stupid involvement in these crimes brought upon my family's name."

Clemmons was 27. He'd spent the past 11 years in an Arkansas prison, convicted of offenses including robbery, burglary, theft and taking a gun to school. He was facing a 95-year sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join