It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
EDIT: To correct details of the news story.

Condolences to the families affected by this tragedy. Our thoughts and wishes are with you during this difficult time.

I wonder what the reaction would be if a white male shot 3 black male cops and 1 black female cop? Street justice? Standing up to the man? Making a statement against police corruption? It is mind-boggling how some members can condone the cold-blooded murder of 4 police officers (all of whom have a spouse and kids) on the basis that Police as a whole are corrupt criminals.

Unless it can be proven that these particular policemen did something truly horrifying and illegal to the perpetrator and his family, nothing can justify this type of behaviour. And even if some incriminating information does come to light, how does punishing the victim's spouse and children for the rest of their lives help the situation?

[edit on 30/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'd say 4 cops is a good start.
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

If your heart was as big as your mouth you'd be real...........And this is your signature ?? Maybe im interpreting it wrong ?......

[edit on 29-11-2009 by femmefreud]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
I wonder why Huckabee granted this scumbag clemency.

Huckabee is planning on running for President. This could be the end of that idea.

Maybe Huckabee granted him clemency so he would be available when the govt needed a reasonably bad patsy for a heinous crime.. I'm not saying that that happened it's just a possibility.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
UPFRONT Personal Disclosure: I have a passionate dislike for L.E.O's and the state sanctioned protection racket that they thuggishly enforce by proxy for TPTB!

Explanation:
look at the "guilt by association" slanging of mud that has taken place instead of the denying of ignorance! :shk:

I thought the thread for that was over here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EMPIRE! Your stalwart defence of the FACTS [off topic as they are IMO] is most admirable and you have earned a handfull of stars from me to that end!

ON TOPIC UPDATE: The reward has gone from $10,000 US to $100,000 US after the F.B.I. made a financial contribution. [SOURCE:- www.thenewstribune.com... ]

And some pespective on Law Enforcement Officers Feloniously Killed in the US.

www.bls.gov... What the job entails.

www.fbi.gov... Macro POV of LEO deaths in the line of duty.

www.fbi.gov... Macro POV summarized.

And here are some more links that those who have the passion for research.

www.fbi.gov... Uniform Crime Reports.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov... Bureau of Justice Statistics Publications.

www.prisonandjail.org... Law Enforcement Statistics.

Personal Disclosure: IMO the LEO's who died knew exactly what the risks were when they signed up and they were as equiped as one can get with both body armour and firearms. Diddums for them and theirs!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cormac MacArt

Well..another genius opens his mouth to let more of the air between his ears escape. Yes, if you call and say my baby's mama's 300 lb boyfriend is on his way here to whip my ass, we WILL try to get there and stop it before it happens. I might add that before you grab your .40 cal make sure you know the law and that you are in the right. Some states have retreat laws and some do not. Please, don't give such advice if you don't know what you are talking about.
You are right about one thing. Most the time our response is after the fact of the crime. We haven't figured it out yet, but for some reason the bank is not robbed when we are standing in lobby. Damn, these crooks are a cleaver bunch. Last but not least, again, if you don't like the way we do our jobs, earn the badge and show us how it's done.
Sarge

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The only person that can be determined to be innocent is one's own self. Polygraphs prove nothing. The suspect is begging for the chair. God will judge him after that.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Some of you watch too much damn t.v. or have seen too many "bad cop" movies. All of these "assumptions" these 4 officers have done something to deserve this makes me sick. Just because a cop doesn't show up to your house in 2 minutes after you call them you assume they are worthless or not doing their job? Maybe you should call the Governor's office and demand more officers for patrol, then they might get to your house in less than 5 minutes.
This person of interest they are searching for has mental issues and I am shocked he was actually released to walk the streets..

Maurice Clemmons (sorry if link was already posted)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
Maybe there was something in their "crowd control" instructions that they were objecting to. ....
Maybe these four resisted or mentioned the constitution too many times. ...

uh oh... what if they were vocal ''oath keepers?''

---------

www.thenewstribune.com...
All were in uniform and were wearing bulletproof vests.

Were the fatal wounds head shots? That would imply an even higher level of abilities on the part of the shooter.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It seems to be three men and a woman.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Mark Renninger and Officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold and Greg Richards were identified as the Lakewood Police officers killed this morning in the coffee shop in Parkland.

Renninger, 39, with 13 years of law-enforcement experience, is survived by his wife and three children.

Owens, 37, who spent 12 years in law enforcement, is survived by a former wife and a daughter.

Griswold, 40, a 14-year veteran officer, is survived by her husband and two children.

Richards, 42, who had eight years of law-enforcement experience, is survived by his wife and three children.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Well..another genius opens his mouth to let more of the air between his ears escape. Yes, if you call and say my baby's mama's 300 lb boyfriend is on his way here to whip my ass, we WILL try to get there and stop it before it happens. I might add that before you grab your .40 cal make sure you know the law and that you are in the right. Some states have retreat laws and some do not. Please, don't give such advice if you don't know what you are talking about.
You are right about one thing. Most the time our response is after the fact of the crime. We haven't figured it out yet, but for some reason the bank is not robbed when we are standing in lobby. Damn, these crooks are a cleaver bunch. Last but not least, again, if you don't like the way we do our jobs, earn the badge and show us how it's done.
Sarge

No you won't try to get anywhere on the claim someone is coming to do harm. AINT GONNA HAPPEN. How do I know? I've seen it firsthand. I've grabbed the phone off a girl and asked the dispatcher if she was insane, but she insisted unless the threat is THERE and imminent, aint # the cops can do. Know why, genius? because he might not really show up! Imagine all the extra work they'd have if they were told they had to respond to every THREAT made over the phone about a jealous ex coming over or whatnot...this is why it doesn't happen.

Yeah I'll worry about if I'm right once I shoot the guy who's breaking in to rape my girlfriend and he's out of commission. Once he's dealt with and the threat is no more I can discuss my rights of self defense under the castle rule where I am not required to retreat from a threat in MY OWN HOUSE! Did they teach you nothing at the academy, dork?

Yes, after the fact is no good. Cops, to be of any real value must be proactive. There should be an increased physical presence everywhere as a deterrent if they plan on making any difference. And don't give me any garbage about cops wanting to do the right thing- look to the Katrina debacle for prime evidence of this. Man, they guarded the homes of the wealthy and let the poor be victimized by criminals and the some cops themselves broke into homes, confiscated weapons, then sold them!!! Not to mention the cops that shot at any dark face they saw and claimed they were looters. Some of the cops were also caught looting...so, spare me.

Once you give any man power over another, he will abuse it and use it to brutalize and victimize those beneath them. As soon as the Taser came out, for example, it was used on 65 yr old women, guys in wheelchairs, the retarded, and kids.

Get real, scrub. Earn the badge? $4200 and 6 mos is all it takes, and grants cover most of it. How do I know? I applied but never went because I preferred a Bachelor's degree to the Act 120 which is only good if you want to be a cop forever. A cop who was my teacher asked me why I'm even wasting my time taking criminal justice because I'm too smart. He was like, "The rest of these guys, sure, I understand that but you...nah...you're in the wrong major. Find something that challenges your mind." Then, after the 2nd state trooper I got as an instructor told the class NOT TO go on and finish up our B.S. degrees in CJ, I got out of it with an Associate's and forgot about it. It doesn't take a lot to be a cop. I had cops in my classes who were dumb as bricks...couldn't even tell us what various crimes codes were when asked- they just made a joke of it and played it off like they forgot; yeah right, they had no clue...and these are the people deciding whether or not to shoot me during a routine traffic stop because they get crazy, somehow managing ,however, to slip through the psych screening.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Cormac MacArt]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Cormac MacArt]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So, you spoke to a dispatcher and now you are an authority on the subject. I do this for a living and I have responded to such threats on numerous occasions. Again, put on the badge son.
I'm beginning to feel that I am lowering myself down to your level so this will be my last response regardless.
Sarge

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Listen, dummy, cops don't respond to 3rd hand hearsay over the phone. If jack says he's coming over to slap jill, cop can't do # until jack actually shows up and tries to. You're talking out of your ass again.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
some more details--

www.komonews.com...
Troyer said investigators have learned that the gunman stood in line the Forza Coffee Co. outlet at 11401 Steele St. South as if he were there to buy some coffee. When he reached the counter, the barista saw him pull a gun out of his coat. She fled, thinking the gunman was about to target her. Instead, he turned and fired point-blank at the four uniformed officers as they were working on their laptop computers.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
For those like myself who live in the Seattle area (I actually live fifteen minutes from the coffee shop), here is a link to the Seattle PD police scanner they are using right now as they believe they have the suspect cornered just two blocks from where the other Seattle PD officer a month ago. Swat is on scene and the story is developing.

KOMO4 Police Scanner

[edit on 30-11-2009 by amongus]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh My - He doesn't LOOK like a criminal? (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by EMPIRE

More cops dying. Doesn't have to be murder, do you see the difference? I'm sure he or she would not complain if a bus carrying 20 LEO's went off a cliff, crashed and burned

What a pathetic attempt this is. G let me stretch my imagination.

Stay in context .
Like I said .

You might want to find out when you two can visit.

The this of the statement implies the gunning down of cops .
Felony when called for in an open forum .as in I need ,We need, they need
you need the country need s the world needs my god needs.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

You can say you want to kill whomever you want as long as it's not the President. You can say all cops should be machine gunned and good riddance it is not a felony by any stretch. Before you start telling us what offenses people have committed and what they are punishable by, go back to school junior.

If a man says they should kill more cops more often, it's not a crime. Go to any number of internet forums and you'll see calls to kill minorities, gov't officials (not by name of course, just in general), and a lot more. Free speech, pal...still exists here, but maybe you're from the EU or some such hell hole where there are no more rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I wonder what the reaction would be if a white male shot 3 black male cops and 1 black female cop? Street justice? Standing up to the man? Making a statement against police corruption? It is mind-boggling how some members can condone the cold-blooded murder of 4 police officers (all of whom have a spouse and kids) on the basis that Police as a whole are corrupt criminals.

I was wondering when some turd would play the reverse race card. Well, I don't need to wonder anymore. Good god man...are you playing dumb or actually dumb? These 4 just happened to BE white, and most likely 75%+ of the entire police force in that town is WHITE. Let's call them victims of being in the majority. Many more white cops than non-white cops get gunned down annually. Should we chalk it up to a new wave of anti-white hate crimes? Give me a break moron. It's just statistics in action. I bet you there were ZERO black officers in that coffee shop. I'd bet my life on it.

So, put the racist crap to sleep already, it's tired...let it take a nap. You should go back to sleep too because it looks like you're dreaming again.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm pretty sickened by these huge sweeping statements that people seem to think you MUST be a cop hater, or a cop lover. I'm neither. Most of the time I am grateful for the police and the service they do. Sometimes I am not.

But EACH CASE MUST be looked at individually.

This poster Apache. Getting 15+stars for saying good they got what they deserved? With ZERO knowledge on the background of these officers, makes me sick to my stomach.

It's obvious apache has had some bad run ins with the law, and in my experience, haveing spent time in prison, that usually means you've done something wrong most of the time. So it's obvious this guy hates all cops period.

I just wonder how a humans brain can say Good these officers got what they deserved, while haveing ZERO knowledge to the background or facts concerning the reasons this mass killing went down.

Being a cop is not an easy job. All you cop haters would probably be the first to lift a kilo of evidence if you were a cop and had the chance.

There are more good cops out there than bad, that is a fact. Quit listening to the MSM, and watching movies like "Bad Leuitenant" (great movie but pure fiction).

As far as them standing up for one another, thats a normal reaction EVERY human being has when they belong to a group, club, team,military force. There's no way to stop it from happening.

That's why there is Internal Affairs officers, and trust me, they don't follow the police code of silence. Cops for the most part hate them.

You wanna do something about police corruption? Go to the Acadamy, and become an Officer, and do like Frank Serpico did, if you got the balls.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by apacheman

Pure opinion and I would ask you to NOT denigrate LEO's. You hardly know these officers and we have members that are involved in LE. OK?

People are also allowed to have "opinions" about Christians even though there are Christian members.

Let's not get all gung-ho over law enforcement. If you've read the law lately, you realize that law enforcement is stupidly out-of-hand.

Law enforcement officers may not all be bad people, but there are enough bad ones to mess them up real good.

Oh..wait...sounds an AWFUL LOT like Christianity! HUH!

I guess those opinions are dangerous.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I'm pretty sickened by these huge sweeping statements that people seem to think you MUST be a cop hater, or a cop lover. I'm neither. Most of the time I am grateful for the police and the service they do. Sometimes I am not.

But EACH CASE MUST be looked at individually.

This poster Apache. Getting 15+stars for saying good they got what they deserved? With ZERO knowledge on the background of these officers, makes me sick to my stomach.

It's obvious apache has had some bad run ins with the law, and in my experience, haveing spent time in prison, that usually means you've done something wrong most of the time. So it's obvious this guy hates all cops period.

I just wonder how a humans brain can say Good these officers got what they deserved, while haveing ZERO knowledge to the background or facts concerning the reasons this mass killing went down.

Being a cop is not an easy job. All you cop haters would probably be the first to lift a kilo of evidence if you were a cop and had the chance.

There are more good cops out there than bad, that is a fact. Quit listening to the MSM, and watching movies like "Bad Leuitenant" (great movie but pure fiction).

As far as them standing up for one another, thats a normal reaction EVERY human being has when they belong to a group, club, team,military force. There's no way to stop it from happening.

That's why there is Internal Affairs officers, and trust me, they don't follow the police code of silence. Cops for the most part hate them.

You wanna do something about police corruption? Go to the Acadamy, and become an Officer, and do like Frank Serpico did, if you got the balls.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Nola213]

All people can be okay people. I mean, I think for the most part that all people, when they are comfortable and have little power, are easy to get along with. Of course, being easy to get along with makes it easier for people to believe that you are a good person.

Of course... if you give a person a little bit of power and raise them slightly above the law, you've just ensured the insecurity of those below the law. The point exactly, I know. Of course, if you get a bunch of these guys together, who have a little power, they are all about equal. But they are all above YOU, the civilian.

A VERY FEW cops are ACTUALLY good people. Most are neutral/selfish people that are decent at their job, and the rest are just bad people.

Of course, that isn't to say that every district is this exact recipe, but it's true. I've worked with plenty of law enforcement, worked for them, hung out with them, and over-heard them. They have very BASIC and limited understanding of the law - generally - just enough to help them to get by (meaning, put you in cuffs, and if they can't do that, make sure you get a hefty fine).

As far as the posters who were intelligent enough to understand that four cops would not be ambushed FOR NO REASON, kudos to you guys. Sorry that everyone is bringing you down for -getting it-. No gang would start an all out war like this and bring hell down upon them for no reason. If law enforcement stuck to actual law enforcement instead of playing games and doing recon missions and tempting people to break the law in order to bust them, then LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD ACTUALLY GET SOMEWHERE.

Caniving system will burn to the ground and real law will be set in place anyway -- one without any stumbling blocks in the middle of the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join