It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:
Yahoo News

TACOMA, Wash. – A sheriff's official in Washington state says four police officers have been shot dead in ambush at a coffee house.

Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told The News Tribune in Tacoma that the officers were sitting in the coffee shop with their computers when the shooter came in Sunday morning.

He says investigators believe the officers were targeted, and it was not a robbery.

Troyer tells the newspaper "it was just a flat out ambush."

He could not immediately say what agency the officers were from.

Ambush of four officers, this might be one story to track. was it something personal, a revenge thing, right of passage, or was this the first shoot in something much larger...

I for one will be watching to see how it unfolds

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

An extremely sad day. Yes, other officers have been shot. For me though this hits a bit close to home. Literally. I moved my family from Tacoma only 26 months ago for this very reason. It's a crime ridden heap of crap. Well, like with most fair sized cities it does have its own nice areas. But overall it is not the place to raise a family. I got this message loud and clear when my sons best friend had his house shot up one night when my wife and I were watching TV. The house right across from ours. And we lived in one of these 'fairly nice areas'.

So, revenge, most likely. The sign of something bigger to come? Not starting in Tacoma. Sorry. L.A.? New York City? Philly? Maybe. But definitely not in Tacoma.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

A little more from the AP Story

male suspect and interviewing witnesses. The coffee shop is near McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma.

"We hopefully will have answers, but there is nothing more we can tell you," Troyer told KING-TV. "That's as cold-hearted as it is."

If anyone gets any updates on this, could they please post it here?

I would like to follow this closely if possible.

Good find

Thank you

Semper

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

Prove it. Better yet prove that these four were mostly murderers.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I thought this type of stuff went down every day in the US, maybe I've been watching too much of The Wire and Die Hard movies

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

A fairly ignorant statement. I knew many officers when I lived in Tacoma. Granted, being that it is a good size city there are the typical pockets of 'bad' cops. However, the good majority of the sherrif's department (if it turns out these officers were from there) are decent people. They take their jobs seriously like the MAJORITY of officers do.

They truly try to protect and serve.

Granted, quite a few of the newer 'fresh from the military' bunch seem to be a bit pumped up on steroids and have a short fuse. I am seeing that more and more lately but overall, I will still tip my hat to the average officer that does indeed put their life on the line for the likes of my family and I and YES, even the likes of YOU.

link   
reply to post by jam321

Please don't feed the Trolls...

Let's keep this on track for the news we all know we need in instances like this...

I appreciate your effort, but it's better to ignore stuff like that.

Semper

+21 more 
link   
reply to post by jam321

Your not living in the real world if you think police are nice people. My life has been totally ruined by them under precrime rubbish where they can take away lifes of any innocent person, because they want.

People do not go upto a gang of police and murder them, for them doing nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

To be honest when I read where it happened my mind flew back to 1984 and the Rajneeshee bioterror attack ... the first successful 'Bio-Attack' on US soil... so I ask why not Washington state for a something big to start?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks Semper

My prayers to the family of those cops.

I expect stricter gun laws and more people in favor of gun laws due to incidents like these.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This sounds like something Los Zetas would do in Mexico. None of the employees or any other patrons were targeted.

Mark my words, until we seal off that border permanently and completely incidents like this will become common occurrences.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I thought this type of stuff went down every day in the US, maybe I've been watching too much of The Wire and Die Hard movies

Oh no in real life being a cop killer gets you hunted down... if they don't just shoot you on sight being a cop killer is one of those few automatic death sentences deals

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Someone doesn't walk up and shoot four cops because they don't like current politics or the economy. You walk up and shoot four cops because they beat you up, ripped you off or raped your wife. This looks like street justice to me.

Sad thing is that if these were bad cops who deserved it, the "good" cops will never acknowledge it, but will cover up any crimes they committed to spark it.

Until I hear more, I'll withhold judgment, but street justice is my #1 suspect here.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

10,000 reward.

I think it should be higher.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

To be honest when I read where it happened my mind flew back to 1984 and the Rajneeshee bioterror attack ... the first successful 'Bio-Attack' on US soil... so I ask why not Washington state for a something big to start?

If I remember correctly that was in Oregon State. Quite a ways from Tacoma actually. Though, we do have Fort Lewis and McChord Air Base just south of Tacoma. However, this does NOT have the feel of something big. A big and important story, yes. But not the start of something big.

I am still looking for any real updates as they come in. I have friends in the department. Friends that I went to school with at GRCC to become officers. Due to family and my wife's wishes I went the business route.

For anyone to automatically think the worse without any evidence coming forth is just sad. I understand that we have become embittered with authority in this country. But it does not mean that every bad thing to happen to the police is deserved.

Who knows what they did. They could have arrested a gang member or a couple gang members. Destroyed an operation that would have made those kids/men/people rich. And I ask, what's wrong with that if it is the case? Because after all it's upholding the law. Something that I'm still thankful for in this country.

So until we actually get some real information on this I just want people to think about these men and their families. The loss they must be feeling right now. Take out any weird justifications you may want to conjur up in your minds and look at it from a human perspective.

It's just a sad day. Just like any other day when something dies in a car crash or when a kid commits suicide. The problem with that comparison is that one is an accident and the other is self inflicted. These officers were shot down in cold blood. Which makes it a bit different than the many other tragedies that take place every day in this country and in this world.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Pure opinion and I would ask you to NOT denigrate LEO's. You hardly know these officers and we have members that are involved in LE. OK?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This sounds like something Los Zetas would do in Mexico. None of the employees or any other patrons were targeted.

Mark my words, until we seal off that border permanently and completely incidents like this will become common occurrences.

And they have a pretty heavy presence in Tacoma and WA state. I wouldn't put it past this.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe I should clarify, when I said something big I was eluding to the predicted spill over of the Mexican drug war... Since we already have that spill over New Mexico Texas and AZ. I was wondering when it would move deeper into the country... that is the something big I' m waiting to hear about... not civil war part 2

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Does los zetas have black members?

Troyer said the suspect is a black male, 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-10, 20s to 30s, scruffy appearance, wearing a black coat, blue jeans.

www.king5.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join