It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

Ouch, a bit harsh no? These men probably had families. Who knows, these men could've been the best non crooked cops around.

But that won't change some minds, now would it..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

UPDATE:Arkansas Man Named Person of Interest in Shooting of 4 Police Officers

This will be my last update for tonight play nice while I'm gone

Parkland, WA - Police in Washington have named an Arkansas man as a person of interest in the fatal shooting of four Lakewood police officers at a Parkland coffee shop on Sunday, November 29, 2009.

39-year-old Sgt. Mark Renninger, 37-year-old Ronald Owens, 40-year-old Tina Griswald and 42-year-old Greg Richards were all killed when a gunman opened fire in the coffee shop. Investigators say the officers were working on their laptops, when the gunman came in and fired, in what police are calling an ambush. Authorities say the shooter may have been wounded when one of the officers returned fire.

Investigators want to question 37-year-old Maurice Clemmons. They say can't be called a suspect at this point. Clemmons is under the supervision of the Washington Department of Corrections. Spokesman Chad Lewis says he transferred from Arkansas where he had a record of robbery and theft. Investigators say Clemmons had recently been arrested and charged in Pierce County, WA, with child rape and assault on a police officer.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Likewise, I refuse to live in the company of violent men. As a result I do not live in fear. I am also likely to live a little longer than my counterparts who chose to ignore the damage evil companions cause.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks again DaddyBare and my apologies if I got a little to passionate during the course of this thread.
Great coverage.

edit to fix DaddyBare

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Clemmons' own sister said he's not in his "right mind". He threatened his wife and kids to get naked at 4am in the morning because God said so. Yeah, I think the "cops deserved" it people have their champion.

I'd suggest you guys go to the Seattle Times and read the articles instead of trying to write a fictional story that fits your views on how these cops deserved to die because some OTHER COP ticked you off at some point in your life. I've got cops that I'd love to say some words to or even take a swing at, but no way would I want them to have their brains blown out in a coffee shop. I guess cops can now go out and shoot people that look like or act like someone that ticked them off at some point in their life??? There is some irrational thinking going on this board.

Huckabee...yeah I don't know how you could have a more ironic day that would probably rattle an ex-preacher. Not a fan of his, and I'd love to hear what he has to say for himself on this one.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

I've alot of friends that are cops. Have NEVER shot anyone. Next time one of these guys stops to help you, remember your statement.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Look, I know a ton of cops. A lot of my old high school pals are cops. I was taught by cops in college. I can say with 100% certainty that they are not in it to be the good guy. They are in it because it was a simple job to get, and it pays decent. They will protect even rogue criminal cops even though they know they are guilty. They will steal evidence and money from crime scenes, and plant false evidence to build their cases. We all know this. Let's put the 'one bad apple' theory to rest for good...half the orchard is bad.

What makes a cop's life more important than mine? Why the automatic death penalty? A person chooses to become a cop, he isn't drafted or forced and he goes in knowing the risks and how dangerous the job is. How is the cop a hero? Heroes don't get paid to save people- they do it for free. Heroes don't get free perks like gas and coffee and meals wherever they go. heroes don't abuse and kill the citizens then get acquitted even though they were caught on camera doing it. Heroes don't target certain races for harassment.

It's the very very VERY rare person that goes into street-level law enforcement to make a difference. Usually it's nothing but bad attitudes and buzz cuts just discharged from the military and either suffering from some undiagnosed mental condition or someone who is just a straight cold blooded killer as bad as any gangbanger (you all know the stories of that some soldiers did over in Iraq). This individual now has a legal right to kill you if you twitch the wrong way. Then they wonder why they get targeted and look for all this sympathy with bagpipes playing in the background when one of them gets killed in the course of doing a job he knew he might not come home from some day anyway.

Even for the scummiest piece of filth cop there will be a turn out of a few hundred from various departments as a show of solidarity. Afterwards, it's business as usual but this time with numerous revanchists with itchy trigger fingers looking to avenge their fallen brother. Hey, gotta find some use for that untraceable .22 you been carrying around in your waistband for the past 5 years, and what better use than to plant on some dead perp whose initial lack of a weapon might complicate your story and career.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Suspect seems like a disturbed person. Here is an incident from a neighbors view

[edit on 29-11-2009 by jam321]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

I had the parking brake fail on my truck at the worst possible moment in Tacoma. To keep it short my trucks left front tire was on my kneecap then got rolled down to my calf. EMS then police showed up and and helped my co-worker get me out from under the tire. Nothing in my leg was ruptured or broken so I didn't want to go to the hospital but they held me down on the gurney strapped me down and put me into the ambulance.

They started getting mean when I didn't want to go, I know I would have racked up a bill I couldn't pay. Don't get me wrong It hurt ALOT but I figured paying off the hospital bill would have been much more painful. This happened within a month give or take of the guy that got tazered, makes me wish I would have fought back a little more lol! I apologise if this doesn't make since.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good cops , Bad cops... Good people , Bad people.... There is GOOD and BAD in most everyone and everything . Too many people take things personally these days , get all butt hurt over things that are really not about them, or directed at them, But this guy was just plain crazy, I just feel sorry for their families .....they didnt see them as just cops.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me think of the TV Series "The Shield", I wonder what these guys were into and who they pissed off..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cormac MacArt

I disagree the buzz cuts out of the military tend to be pretty professional. However they are also more likely to win fist fights and win shoot outs. If I were a criminal I might not like them. Criminal cops tend to look like criminals judging by their mugshots. However you feel about cops it is just wrong to trash talk them after they have been brutally murdered.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'd say 4 cops is a good start.

Jus tlike the cops like to point out, everyone is guilty of something, and if you're acop for any length of time, you're likely guilty of something as well.

You don't need to shoot someone as a cop to make an enemy, you just need to wrong someone. plant evidence, give false testimony, rough someone up who didn' tneed to be and yeah, you might just start becoming a target.

'd like to see much more of this kind of behavior. its a sad time in our history when we have to start taking our streets back, from our own police forces.

it used to be 'To serve and protect" but it went to serving and protecting 'we the people' to 'them the government'

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You'll have to forgive me,but waking up just this past year, to the situation our country is in has been traumatic and left me totally paranoid, but I just hope that if any one in the government did it, that they get caught. and exposed and it doesn't get covered up by the media.

I have very bad feelings about the police I have run into, mostly because my name is Khan and I am scared to death of yahoo gung ho police that think everyone with the last name khan is a terrorist and a threat to the country and is fair game for physical violence or murder or what have you. Everytime, every single time, my kids go out the door I get a sickening nausious feeling and wish my last name wasn't khan. So I am not crazy about police.

and I certainly am not crazy about army of any nationality. I lived through a situation where the army went door to door killing residents, women children babies everybody in 1971 in East Pakistan so I can tell you I deeply hate army and I am not partial to Pakistanis. although I know a lot of nice people who are Pakistani and are decent and well behaved. The CIA had to have put the Pakistani Generals up to it. Only the SS and Gestapo-saturated CIA is capable of the unlimited heinousness.we have seen around the world these past years. And I'm not saying terrorists are not heinous monsters, but I firmly believe that ALL terrorists these past few years were started, controlled and funded by the same heinous CIA.

But concerning these police officers who were murdered, and so soon after Ft Hood.it is possible that it is part of the globalist plot to destroy America. Maybe there was something in their "crowd control" instructions that they were objecting to. [ In that above mentioned East Pakistan experience, the army went after the police first, and murdered them in their barracks because they were armed and could possibly defend the people from being gunned down]

The cog plans are for destroying state and local government in the event of a government takeover so the nwo won't have any resistance. The sherrifs and their families were supposed to take the swineflu vaccine first, but the dhs (read ss and gestapo) trained police being trained for "crowd control" were not.

Maybe these four resisted or mentioned the constitution too many times. Considering that we have no free press we should be vigilant about what is happening to our policemen.

I know people are going to be annoyed with the hate and bitterness and anger coming out of my reply. But you sit around (with a family and small child) waiting to die for a couple of weeks and with people dying on all sides of you and then find out the your .own.... country covered the whole thing up and got away with it not to mention other heinous crimes and you have to realize that some resentment is going to get internalized and will seep out now and then. Not to mention that our country has been taken over by globalist monsters and anything criminal and heinous is possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sure there are some bad cops, and there are some cop bashers (especially on ATS). What is funny is that if the SHTF for these people first thing they would do is call 911

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
To those who are giving knee-jerk defenses and assuming a mantle of righteousness for these men, do you do the same for their victims?

Do you assume the guy the cops shot was a good person with family and a nice pet who will miss them? Or do you assume he was a scumbag who got what he deserved because they shot him?

Seems to me cop defenders always assume every kill by cops is a just deed protecting society, and every cop killing a tragic loss. It works boths ways guys, some cops are scumbags and some people they kill are. No big loss either way.

But far more good people are shot by cops than good cops are shot by people.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by apacheman]

First and foremost may God bless the families of my brothers and sister in blue who died today. My brothers have finished the fight and have signed off shift one last time.
Secondly Apacheman I saw where one poster labeled you a keyboard coward and I found that very approiate. I figure you for the type of person that when anything goes wrong in your life, its always someone eles's fault and never yours. Probably you broke the law somewhere along the way and a cop busted you and put you in your place. Perhaps you resisted and got your feelings hurt I don't know.
Let me say this to you and all the other cop bashers on here. The next time you need an officer for something like a break in, or your baby's mama's 300 lb boyfriend is on his way over to beat the child support out of you, I suggest you call the local protitute, the crackhead, crack dealer, or your mama, but don't call a cop. The second thing I'd like to suggest is that you get off your butt, find out what the requirements are in your state to become an officer and then get out there a be one. Obviously, you would be the best, better than any of us who do the job. So, get out there and show us the right way to do it. OH...I have one more suggestion...if you don't like the first two, then...just shut the hell up and change your panties, they're starting to stink.
To those of you on ATS that either support us, or give us the benefit of the doubt as you would any other human....thank you.
Please pray for the families of the brave woman and three men who gave their lives today to protect the innocent.
Sincerely,
Sgt. M. D. Clack

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The first reports are usually right--

msnbc.com news services
PARKLAND, Wash. -
The officers were in the cafe at a strip mall in the Lakewood area with their laptop computers, preparing for their day shifts, when one or two gunmen walked in and opened fire, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Officials at the scene said two suspects had opened fire, KOMO-TV reported.

www.cnn.com...
Police are looking for one man and possibly a second person in the attack, which occurred about 8 a.m., Troyer said.

www.komonews.com...
Officials at the scene said two gunmen burst into the Forza Coffee Co. outlet at 11401 Steele St. South, shot the four uniformed officers as they were working on their laptop computers, then fled the scene.

cbs2.com...
Officials at the scene told The News Tribune in Tacoma two gunmen burst into the Forza Coffee Co. and shot the four uniformed officers... Police were searching for two suspect and interviewing witnesses.

news.bbc.co.uk...
First reports said there had been two gunmen but Mr Troyer told the BBC he now believed there was only one, although the situation was still unclear.

www.9and10news.com...
The officers were reportedly sitting in a Tacoma coffee shop working on laptop computers when two gunmen burst in, opened fire, then fled.

sify.com...
The uniformed officers were sitting at a coffee shop in Tacoma, near the McChord Air Force Base, when two men stormed in and opened fire Sunday, broadcaster KING-TV reported.

-------------

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What is funny is that if the SHTF for these people first thing they would do is call 911
reply to post by reasonable

You know.. Im afraid your absolutely right .... I believe they would.
Just as people still go to church even after whats happend with the priests and molestation, People still go to the doctors after many bad reports of malpractice of insurance frauds and other allegations made against them, As I said there is bad and good in everyone , Even the people here on ATS, And maybe people are not Bad or Good, Maybe all people can be both .. When the occasion arises...

[edit on 29-11-2009 by femmefreud]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Some ridiculous quotes from ridiculous members:

"Sure there are some bad cops, and there are some cop bashers (especially on ATS). What is funny is that if the SHTF for these people first thing they would do is call 911."

"The next time you need an officer for something like a break in, or your baby's mama's 300 lb boyfriend is on his way over to beat the child support out of you, I suggest you call the local protitute, the crackhead, crack dealer, or your mama, but don't call a cop."

LOL...please. These guys must know nothing of the law or just are LEO cheerleaders cuz some family member went thru the academy. Listen...police cant respond to a call from someone claiming some big 300lb guy is on his way over to beat someone's ass. The guy has to actually show up first, then threaten to or actually beat your ass before cops will do anything. If there's a guy breaking in your house, you shouldn't have to worry because you already have your 40 cal glock in your hand as the idiot fumbles with the deadbolt. Arm yourselves and don't think the police will save you because 99% of the time they arrive after you're already robbed, raped, or dead. Your self - defense is your own responsibility. Police are a reactive force that does some patrols to make it look like they are on the prowl fighting crime. Early studies proved that crime statistics did not change in areas patrolled by cops vs. those where no patrol was ever seen- same level of crime.

If the SHTF, be prepared to handle it. Always be on yellow alert for possible danger and they won't get the drop on you like they will some unsuspecting fool waiting for the dispatcher to take him off hold while she finishes her big mac.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Wow, what a sad sad little whatever you are.
line 2

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join