It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Cops are a gang! Just like prison guards are a gang. They're one of the biggest gangs in America and a lot of them are criminals no different than the criminals on the street or in prison. How many police brutality videos do you have to watch to realize that they're not out there to serve and protect. Police and Highway Patrol are a form of taxation and are part of a for profit system known as the judicial system. The violence will escalate as long as cops keep abusing their power. I know all cops aren't bad but I know for a fact there is a large portion that are. Until these people stop the abuse of power, violence against them will not stop, it will only escalate. Cops don't turn each other in because just like in a gang your considered a rat if you talk...that's a fact!!! I feel bad for their families but that is the risk they took when they become part of the gang known as the cops. If any good cops are still out there I would ask you to turn in the bad apples. They're the ones giving you guys a bad name. Learn to think for yourself and don't just blindly follow orders but I'm not so sure that's the kind of cops they want out there in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
This was likely a death squad hit. The minute you see the 'lone gunman' line being pushed, the red flags ought to be going off. Keep in mind early reports said a black male and a white male. Maybe the dead cops saw something that they weren't supposed to see, or maybe someone is trying to start a war.

This too is possible, but the alleged shooter of the four officers in Oakland was actually one person. However, the early reports could be accurate.

Have there been any reports coming in from hospitals about a black male with a gunshot wound?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

More lies, and now you're tossing in personal insults because you can't accept or address the fact that you lied, and your claims aren't supported by truth. If the shoe was on the other foot I would defend you. I don't stand for hypocrisy and lying. Anyone who's had the pleasure of engaging me on ATS will see this. People may not agree with each other, that is fine, but to lie on someone and falsely accuse them is something none of us should do, so yes I'll be the champion of his cause and speak up, regardless of WHO has been wronged, what color they are, sexuality they are, etc.
reply to post by EMPIRE

Poor thing it's clear your upset. Perhaps some chocolate?

It's been addressed to the hilt.

That's just power of perception.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Probably posted but here is the man of interest. Pic on website.

Spokesman Ed Troyer identified the man as Maurice Clemmons. He has been living in the Parkland area recently and has been been convicted for numerous crimes in both Arkansas and in Pierce County.

tacoma.komonews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're trolling now bud, completely off topic, constantly lying and will no longer recieve a response from me. I wish you well in life, and thanks for the chocolates.

Empire

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The have just identified the person of interest in this matter.

www.thenewstribune.com...

A Mr. Maurice Clemmons. This is a fine gent. Did time for the rape of a child and armed robbery.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lay off, he was making a point of how ironic and hypocritical you and most other users are.

You cry for the loss of a few cops and thats fine but because I'm happy for the death of some cops you call me sick.

But when I practice freedom of speech you want to point fingers and say I'm committing a crime by saying dead cops are a good thing?

believe it or not there once was a time not that long ago when cops were not needed, and the world was a better place.

nothing wrong expressing what I think about cops on the internet.

Anyways,

about Cops, kill them all, let god sort them out, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So a black man killed these cops(from what I understand).
Could be a gang initiation. Could be revenge. Could be another terrorist act. Could be hate. Could be a numerous amount of things. Until I know exactly why these cops were killed, I will be reserved in some of my statements.
With that said, I think that more than likely(IMO) that it was indeed street justice. People just dont go out and pick 4 cops to assasinate just for the hell of it, there has got to be a bigger story to all of this. Sad thing is, I dont think we will ever hear the true story. I think that they will use this for some future propaganda commercial. I hope I am wrong.
Something is definately strange with this case.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Hey Red, the problem here is that we will not be shown that these guys were involved in anything. Even if they were, the code of silence int he PD will ensure that we hear nothing. This also contributes to the complete mistrust of the PD.

I understand your position, and as I indicated, I have not always had good experiences with the police myself. I actually tend to stiffen somewhat when I see a uniform, a habit I try continually to break.

But let's be honest: we're not talking about someone being thrown out of their job, nor someone being unable to find work due to their record, nor even someone being tossed in prison. Those are perhaps appropriate actions for someone who has broken both the law and a public trust. But murder?

What is even more disconcerting is that we bemoan a society that has gotten away from the concept of "innocent until proven guilty", and yet we ourselves happily pronounce guilt on those who have received not so much as an indictment of improper action? These people were gunned down in cold blood, in a planned and well-executed 'hit'.

And think for one moment, what if the cops were *gasp* clean? That means there is now a cold-blooded killer roaming the streets, free, with the courage to simply gun down four uniformed, armed police with no warning. Could someone not in uniform be next? What chance would they have? Could you, your parents, your children, your siblings, your friends be the next victim of this vigilante?

Yes, police should have to conduct themselves to a higher level than an ordinary citizen. Yes, there are too many cases of police abuse. Yes, investigation of police wrongdoing should be more thoroughly investigated and better presented to the public. But NO, that is not an excuse to delight in the death of another human.

I wonder how many of those who are applauding this senseless and inhumane act are also happy to protest the execution of criminals?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Originally posted by eradown

The only thing keeping many thug cops in line is the blue wall/code of silence and public perception.

The thugs are freelance sadists why the heck should they be valued? They don't value their accidental victims.

The street thugs do intimidate me. See them walking down the street you had better cross to the other side.

No. I don't live in fear and walk where I please.

Then you must be a big, tough guy. Even so ,you probably do not expect all your loved ones to take the same devil may care attitude toward thugs.

If they move into your neighborhood you will need to sell your house fast.

Why? Because they're going to break into my home, rape everything including the kitchen sink and use my garage as a place to manufacture crack?

I put nothing past violent, evil people.

So you know the mind of all thugs and are an expertise when it comes to the many theories of deviance?

I do not pretend anything. I refuse to have any familiarity with men prone to violence. They are repulsive. The early Christians were a forgiving lot ,but they knew to bar all killers for ten years from taking part in any Christian community gatherings. This was ten years after the killers repented. Ten years of practising Christianity in solitude.

Actually, for the thugs and gangs that do have an "honor" or "code" that is exactly what will happen if they harm "civillians."

Yes, here is one of their codes "Three can keep a secret if two are dead." Most criminals are sociopaths they stab each other in the back often. Sometimes to save their ownnecks other times just for personal gain.

See above ans stop speaking in and living in fear.

I call a spade a spade. I live in reality not in some good fella fantasy.

This is not to say I do not realize that I am in mortal danger when I have been pulled over by a cop. Cops are the centurions of our modern Caesars. Just do not make the mistake of assuming Barabas is more merciful than Caesar and his centurions.

The thug on the corner can break into your home, take you for your posessions, and you have someone you can call on for help. The government can take your home, take your money, keep you in bondage for however long they want, and aside from a lawyer, there is no one you can call for help.

This is one point I will concede. Still a lawyer is better than nothing which is your only recourse in places where lawless thugs hold dominion.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Someone doesn't walk up and shoot four cops because they don't like current politics or the economy. You walk up and shoot four cops because they beat you up, ripped you off or raped your wife. This looks like street justice to me.

Sad thing is that if these were bad cops who deserved it, the "good" cops will never acknowledge it, but will cover up any crimes they committed to spark it.

Until I hear more, I'll withhold judgment, but street justice is my #1 suspect here.

From the Seattle Times:

"Maurice Clemmons, the 37-year-old Tacoma man being sought for questioning in the killing of four Lakewood police officers this morning, has a long criminal record punctuated by violence, erratic behavior and concerns about his mental health.

Nine years ago, then-Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee granted clemency to Clemmons, commuting his lengthy prison sentence over the protests of prosecutors.

"This is the day I've been dreading for a long time," Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas' Pulaski County said Sunday night when informed that Clemmons was being sought in connection to the killings.

Clemmons' criminal history includes at least five felony convictions in Arkansas and at least eight felony charges in Washington. The record also stands out for the number of times he has been released from custody despite questions about the danger he posed.

Clemmons had been in jail in Pierce County for the past several months on a pending charge of second-degree rape of a child."

Much, much More at seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Does not sound like street justice to me, sounds like too lax of justice.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Deleted-Sorry-Double Post

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

about Cops, kill them all, let god sort them out, in my opinion.
reply to post by buds84

In my opinion it wuold be better to start your practicality with those who
hate with a prejudice.

Gang members should not have pcs or guns.

Anarchy? total logic.

Why would they take the post down?
That would be destruction of evidence.

I 'm going to quit because I don't want any little red tats on me avatar

for total hypocrasy and prejudiced statements .

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
In my opinion it wuold be better to start your practicality with those who
hate with a prejudice.

Gang members should not have pcs or guns.

Neither should they be running the government, media, making the laws and patrolling the streets but it happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I wonder why Huckabee granted this scumbag clemency.

Huckabee is planning on running for President. This could be the end of that idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

The thugs are freelance sadists why the heck should they be valued? They don't value their accidental victims.

If I lived in a state of fear, I'd fear organized crime (the government) moreso then the "freelance sadist." Why should they be valued? They're humans just as yourself. Why should you be valued? Because you pray to God, donate to charities, mind your own business and work to fill your 401k?

Then you must be a big, tough guy.

No, I simply have command presence and people don't bother me.

Even so ,you probably do not expect all your loved ones to take the same devil may care attitude toward thugs.

Actually I do, but when it comes to law enforcement I don't. I tell them to be kind, courteous, place their hands on the steering wheel at all times, and if in trouble, say NOTHING until myself or someone else in the family has arranged counsel. The reason I tell them this is because if they are in a situation with them against law enforcement, the trier of fact will usually rule that law enforcement was in the right, I.A. will usually rule they were in the right, and public perception will usually say they were in the right, but lately the last one has been changing. So it's a knowing of which battle to choose and knowing what you can handle in the long run.

I put nothing past violent, evil people.

I put nothing past people.

I do not pretend anything. I refuse to have any familiarity with men prone to violence. They are repulsive. The early Christians were a forgiving lot ,but they knew to bar all killers for ten years from taking part in any Christian community gatherings. This was ten years after the killers repented. Ten years of practising Christianity in solitude.

Christianity has a lot of blood on it's hands. I'm not even talking about hundreds of years ago either.

Yes, here is one of their codes "Three can keep a secret if two are dead."

Heres another one: "Don't harm civillians."

Most criminals are sociopaths they stab each other in the back often. Sometimes to save their ownnecks other times just for personal gain.

You base this on what? You've studied the many forms of deviance? You've spoken to most criminals?

I call a spade a spade. I live in reality not in some good fella fantasy.

No you're living in fear.

This is not to say I do not realize that I am in mortal danger when I have been pulled over by a cop. Cops are the centurions of our modern Caesars. Just do not make the mistake of assuming Barabas is more merciful than Caesar and his centurions.

This is one point I will concede. Still a lawyer is better than nothing which is your only recourse in places where lawless thugs hold dominion.

Yes a lawyer is better then nothing, but if they want you, how long can the lawyer hold the machine off? The average Joe has a limited amount of resources while they have an unlimited amount (in terms of technology, money and laws to help them achieve their goal.)

[edit on 29-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Yeah, you're right, there are never random shootings of police officers. Oh wait, here's one.

Link

Link

Yeah, you guys are right, had to be "street justice". The incident referred to in my links took place a couple years ago about fifteen minutes from where i live. There was no "street justice" involved. It was a lone gunman (gasp, it must've been a conspiracy!) who wanted to commit suicide-by-cop. But he was probably mind controlled or something, right? Or maybe Vicky Armel was all G'ed up. I mean just look at her portrait, can't you tell she was hustlin' rock and taking bribes from ms-13?

Juvenile antics in this thread, guys.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
I wonder why Huckabee granted this scumbag clemency.

Huckabee is planning on running for President. This could be the end of that idea.

It is being reported that Huckabee said today he would not be running in 2012. He let the assh8le out of prison because Maurice was young when he was sentenced.

So now one less RINO trying to become President.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I don't expect you to concede I am right ,but it certanly appears Maurice Clemmons did not follow even the most twisted code of honor. Not fearing people like him is unsound. What you label fear I call good sense. You live your way; I will live my way.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I don't know if Maurice Clemons did any crime he was accussed or convicted of. For all I know he could have been 100% innocent and rail roaded like many young black men wrongfully convicted in our system. In addition, he has yet to be charged with anything, and he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, the police say he is presumed armed and dangerous.

Fear, I can't live my life like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join