It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Christ failed his mission?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

No your completely right. I try refrain from using the word "Us" or "everyone". Not everyone on ATS believe in a God. Best not to offend them.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

thx for the clarification GitM

to better answer your question.. it wouldn't have failed.. because he had already planed it out perfectally for a millinea before hand..

Thus the reason he gave Satan his due at the garden.. when he said.. "her seed will crush your head" meaning.. you'll have no power to stop what is coming your way..

Jesus saw the whole thing with the Father during the time of the Garden of Eden..

so their can not be any what if.. IMO.. couldn't happen.. the Father loved/loves his creation to this day as he did back then but realized that flesh and bone with free will w/out his endwelling spirit fully in flesh and bone could never withstand Satan's skeems .. thus.. it had to be to deal with him...personally .. without failure..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, if Jesus was god or not, I think is completely subjective.

I believe that he was a teacher like Muhammad, Gandhi, and Buddha, but that's it. He said some interesting things and some not so interesting, imo.

But I don't thing he wanted to be worshiped like a god, as for his mission, he did bring some enlightenment to our world(billions of people), so I would count that as mission accomplished.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by vjr1113]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
maybe it was humanity that failed, and the sacrifice was the backup plan??

ya know, maybe he found that humanity just wasn't ready for what he had to offer?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Well I think people overlook his message and focus too much on the whole sacrifice bit.

Look at it from outside the box is all I'm saying with all due respect.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just random thoughts on the matter, But I think alot of what Christ had to do was because of what occured in the Garden of Eden... Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by dawnstar

Well I think people overlook his message and focus too much on the whole sacrifice bit.

Look at it from outside the box is all I'm saying with all due respect.

we still aren't ready for his true message yet??

I think the masses overlooked what he was saying back then also, just focused on the parts that they liked hearing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

s914.photobucket.com... What if Jesus have to remain dead for 2000 years to expiate our sins then had to be resurrected by a christian who followed his instructions? See the video of the resurrection.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I dont see how this is relevant. All I see is pictures of blurs. Nothing special.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
In addition to the above question. If Christ had not died, Then would that mean there is no way back to heaven?

if Jesus had not been resurrected, then there would have been no way back.
death was just half of a round-trip fare

I think we can all agree that God's plans do not always play out as they should. (Take Adam for example, and we all know how that went
).

i can agree with that.
i also feel certain that GOD knows this, too, and has several contingency plans for every possible mission glitch.

And for the record I am Christian.

and i, for the record, am NOT.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
reply to post by platipus

Im referring more to the sense of God having a backup plan. Was christ the correction of the mistake in God's first plan? The one in which Adam disobeys and eats the fruit anyways.

And what if Christ had failed at his mission? Then what?

Well, I would wager to say that IF there is a god and IF jesus was his son and IF god sent jesus here on a mission and IF god is infallible (as the bible contends), THEN there would be no way that jesus failed; afterall, he was "perfect".

However, that's a lot of IF's

BTW, IF there is a god and he made mistakes; THEN he's not a god at all.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He didnt and cannot so dont blasphemy, please.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Just my 2-cents

failed plans do not necessarily imply that GOD makes mistakes
especially when you factor in FREE WILL

you see?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Just my 2-cents

you see?

No, I don't see. God is suppose to be omnipotent, no? If it is, then there is no free will, as we are all a part of it's divine plan. You see?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Just my 2-cents

you see?

No, I don't see. God is suppose to be omnipotent, no? If it is, then there is no free will, as we are all a part of it's divine plan. You see?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

His divine plan may be to seek out the strong and let the weak genetic codes parish in the "hot winds" with the TOOL OF FREE WILL. You know believers and non believers. Believers can follow true god anywhere w/o his phisical presence non believers feel god better prove to me he is real or else I wont believe in him.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The messiahs mission is to bring about peace on earth, if christ was the messiah he failed, thats why christians wait for a second coming, and jews wait for a first.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
His divine plan may be to seek out the strong and let the weak genetic codes parish in the "hot winds" with the TOOL OF FREE WILL. You know believers and non believers. Believers can follow true god anywhere w/o his phisical presence non believers feel god better prove to me he is real or else I wont believe in him.

OK.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
The messiahs mission is to bring about peace on earth, if christ was the messiah he failed, thats why christians wait for a second coming, and jews wait for a first.

How did he fail when he came in peace. See this is why when he returnes this time its fire storm time people on earth are to errogant to see he didnt have to die here he could of turned earth to the sun for the UNIVERSE IS ALL HIS. He could of turned ROme into a swamp but instead figured I will give these nuckle heads some time to RIPEN AND MATURE.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

OK.

Yes it must be for your are questioning my post content and seeing where you fit in the whole picture AS A BELIEVER OR A NON , COOL.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

How did he fail ? Well the world is not at peace, and he's not here nor has he been seen for the last 2000 years. So IF as the christians claim Christ was the Messiah, that christ probably did fail, its quite safe to say hes dead or at least "on hold in heaven" which may as well be the same thing. If he comes back and finishes the job fair enough that would indeed make him the Messiah.

But I mean anyone can see that the Messiah (whether its christ or anyone else) clearly hasnt done their job yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join