It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major water find on the Moon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Cydonia2012

They detected the spectrographic signature of water. It may have been ice particles or water vapor.

Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of the Moon.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Phage]

How would you know that?
Have you been there to do a personal inspection?

Has anyone read the book "Moongate".
It tlaks about, atmosphere and clouds.
It also gives figures on the amount of fuel it would take to get there and the size the tank would have to be. Suggestion is that if we did indeed get to the Moon, we didn't use the Hardware that they told us they used.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
so, at a cost of tens of millions of dollars, they have found water on the moon. Well there is oceans of the stuff right here on earth! What a load of bloody nonsense. As far as "oh we might be able to colonise the moon now" is concerned, well once we have learned to live peacefully on this planet, maybe then think about elsewhere.We can't even get it right on
earth.
Just as in the sixties, at a cost of billions, they brought back...... some moon dust. Great.

Yeah, just like the Wright brothers, what the point of trying to fly when there is so many problems down here. Spending all this money and time just to fly a few hundred ft? They should have waited until there is no more violence on earth before even trying right?

Oh, did I mention I was being sarcastic?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Have you read the book Magnificent Desolation?
Have you read the book Moonshot?
Have you read the book Rocket Men?
Have you read the book Carrying the Fire?

There is no atmosphere worth talking about on the Moon. There can be no liquid water on the Moon. I don't have to go there, I can see it with my own eyes and with a telescope. No clouds, no atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Won't be long now before some giant corporation starts selling bottled "Moon Water"..

Slogan> "Purist Form Of Water Known To Mankind". "Non Carbonated, Non Flurodated, Non Chloronated, No additives whatsoever, Just Pure Moon Water".

(Coka Moona Cola?)

Then, of course, it won't be long before the Moons Water will be Polluted...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My point being that India prompted the admission by NASA. I do not believe they would have released that info if it did not share knowledge with India, who would have talked anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm tired of them saying Water, when they really mean ICE.

Hey Nasa! Water and Ice ....Two Different frigging things ok!

When they say a significant amount of water I'm thinking a decent sized lake or something. They are talking about frozen ice mixed in with dirt and junk.

Nasa really pisses me off

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"The scientists hinted that other surprises may be coming in the next few months."
www.latimes.com...

disclosure is beginning to become a possibility now it's gome from like 5% chance to around 25% in my book. If they reveal artifical structures it's jumping to 95%

It can't be coincidence that they announce this a few months before predicted disclosure...enough time for it to sink in..

as another scientist says..

"The moon is alive," declared Anthony Colaprete-
biggest hint of all.

MBF

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have a little problem with this. Don't rockets have hydrogen and oxygen as fuel? I wonder if what they detected may have been the residual fuel combining to form water on impact.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
WAY TO GO NASA!!!!! exploit and take credit for what India told us 5 or 6 weeks ago... douche bags.

Oh and by the by, yes, they are already talking sustainability and colonisation for exploitation... rather exploration, by 2020.. NPR confirmed this already... an hour ago lol
cheers all

[edit on 13-11-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

So, now that NASA knows that there is water on the moon, can you or someone please explain to me why they are in talks of building a space station on the moon now that they know there is a significant amount of water??
_javascript:icon('
')

Oh and the weird thing is that on Yahoo this morning the "water on the moon" article mentions: ...

"The rocket was followed four minutes later by a spacecraft equipped with cameras to record the impact which sent a huge plume of material billowing up from the bottom of the crater, untouched by sunlight for billions of years."

Well, that's bull!! From what I recall there wasn't a "huge plume"

Oh NASA..!!!_javascript:icon('
')

news.yahoo.com...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Nov 14 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Google promoting.. water on moon "checkout their logo today", click on it and you'll see this....

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I can't understand the hype either.

In Fred Steckling' book "We Discovered Alien Bases on the Moon", which was first published in 1981, there are very clear photo's of lakes and rivers.

In the movie "Moon Risng", there are very clear photo's of lakes and rivers. Also I love the quote in the same movie about a guy who worked in conjunction with NASA who said......

"WE LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING"

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I really cant believe it took them this long to find it. After having man on the moon during the 60's and 70's now its 2009 and theyve just found this out???

How about they already knew it and never said anything
Now with Chandrayan situation they were forced to admit something that whistle blowers have been saying for years. Moon has water and NASA always knew about it. Mars next !!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl

So, now that NASA knows that there is water on the moon, can you or someone please explain to me why they are in talks of building a space station on the moon now that they know there is a significant amount of water??
the significance is with GW Bush saying he wants us back on the moon. THere have always been talks of moon colonisation, atleast since the early 50's. THe only way to make a sustainable base is by having at the very least water for both drink, and rocket fuel. Water being in the craters means we can in fact achieve a rudimentary base camp for permanent stay. What else we do up there is, I guess, not our business?

Anyway thats the answer you were looking for
cheers,
Stan

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Of course there's water on the moon or any other place as long as you barter for it. What's the point of having a planet exist in the first place. Stupid Earthlings...

Don't knock me for not distinguishing between a moon and a planet, that is a touchy subject on Pluto right now. Still it's fun to watch "Man" pick his butt and then turn around and find everything needed to grow. Then it's even funnier to watch him take credit for his "discovery"

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Plastered]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have a question.... For a place that supposedly contains no atmosphere or ever did, how is it even possible in the first place for the moon to even be able to sustain water or water ice? Wouldn't it be impossible for water to even form on its surface? Unless of course it once contained atmosphere or currently does now. I could be wrong, so any physics or astronomy buffs out there, could you explain how this is even possible?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Thank you for this. I have a feeling disclosure is getting close.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kleverone

You understand that the instrument on the Indian spacecraft, the one that detected evidence of water, was provided and operated by NASA. Right?

Yeah because no space agency can go in Space without Nasa / USA /russian authorisation and in order to do that they put stuff in foreign satellites...Guess why...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ray Amuro

Yeah because they know the truth about our moon, space, and life on other planets......
I tried to keep out my beliefs in my last post, but its too much to resist.... lol..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join