It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major water find on the Moon!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Going with the drift off topic: why do so many people hate NASA so?

This is an agency with a purely scientific mission. Its object is to add to the human store of knowledge. Despite numerous failures and blunders, it has, on the whole, been stunningly successful in this. And we, the general public, enjoy most of the benefits. If the military-industrial complex benefits disproportionately, well, that is how it is with the world--he who pays the piper, etc. I don't see Woods Hole or the National Geophysical Survey getting the same level of hate. Why NASA?

There is, as far as I know, absolutely no evidence to support any claim of NASA lies or cover-ups. No doubt there is a certain amount of military-related activity (such as the use of the space shuttle to launch military satellites) whose details are kept from the public, but that is only to be expected. From the scientific and exploratory side, talk of NASA cover-ups and lies is just that: talk.

And frankly, I am getting quite tired watching the anti-NASA booing squad disrupting serious discussion of science with their ugly cavortings. As long as they stick to the idiot threads about moon landing hoaxes and faces on Mars and Nbiru, who cares. But when they appear in serious threads in the science forum, they irritate and annoy.

If anyone has any solid evidence of NASA concealing the truth about any result from any mission (except those undertaken specifically for the military), I challenge them to present the evidence in a thread on ATS. The same goes for any other example of bad faith shown by NASA.

Better still, people with such evidence should institute court proceedings against the agency, or go to the media with it, or write a book. Put up or shut up.

They won't do it, of course, because they can't. There is not a shred of evidence that NASA lies or covers things up. All that exists is the kind of conspiracy-theory rubbish that comes up when I google nasa lies cover ups. There's plenty of that: some 406,000 hits in all. Tosh and twaddle, every single one of them.

In the absence of such evidence, I can only conclude that the haters hate NASA for not supporting their pathetic, childish little fantasies about aliens, UFOs, secret military bases on the moon, faked lunar landings and good old Nbiru.

Well, sorry, guys, those things aren't true. They never were. Get over it.

Or show us your evidence. Start a thread.

(Oh, and by the way, no need to point me to existing threads. None of them is in the least convincing. We're talking about enough evidence to present a prima facie case, not some farrago of speculation and misunderstanding. Thanks.)

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm just going to say that me and 2 other people witnessed a craft emitting a bright white light and then changing colors ,and then disappeared right before our eyes above a lake...SO, unless you can legitimately show me something that looks like what i saw and can do the things I saw and just disappear in front of you; if you can awesome I'm pumped to figure out what it was, but if you cant; YOU don't know what you're talking about, sorry. That's as far as I'm going with the UFO argument as it's irrelevant, on the other hand I'm no hater of NASA and only imagine that they hate NASA, because someone told them to or they know something we don't lol(not likely the latter)...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The sublimation temperature of water ice in a vacuum is 152K. The temperature in the shadowed areas of Cabeus crater is well below that (45-50K), that is one reason it was chosen as the impact site. Water ice would not sublimate there.

Cool! Makes sense.

One more factor: Earth has had several pole changes. If the moon ever had a pole change that exposed this area, basin, crater to warmer conditions then the water should have sublimed or even evaporated.

I would guess that tidal lock on the moon was early and permanent otherwise the poles would have wondered?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Glad more people gets onto these lies, everything is just plain wrong.
The Illuminati infiltrated the American History Assosiation (? Correct name?) like 100 years ago and started re-writing history.

So, like Lloyd Pye said : 'everything you know is wrong'..

And the reason is simple too : To hide the truth about the human heritage..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
If anyone has any solid evidence of NASA concealing the truth about any result from any mission (except those undertaken specifically for the military), I challenge them to present the evidence in a thread on ATS. The same goes for any other example of bad faith shown by NASA.

I found it very entertaining yet at the same time very disturbing to see how many NASA-haters are posting here, yet also ironic that the posts are mostly asking why it took so long to reveal this, instead of claiming it's all lies like some NASA haters have done in other threads.

The reason it took so long is that previous missions didn't perform this same experiment in the same region of the moon, the landing sites for the Apollo missions were in sunlit areas where the water-ice would have likely sublimated. Likewise the polar regions of the moon where this ice was found wouldn't have made good landing sites because they were too dark and cold.

The only possible evidence I've seen on a non-military mission for a coverup is mentioned at the beginning of part 2 of 5 in this UFO Hunters episode, where the astronaut thinks he may have accidentally photographed a secret military satellite, so that's sort of the same thing as the military mission secrecy but it happened on a non-military mission.

Now aside from space missions, we have this post from Jim Oberg about NASA folks hiding something and illegally resisting disclosure, and since he's usually defending NASA's credibility it's unusual to see him post about NASA hiding something.

In the absence of such evidence, I can only conclude that the haters hate NASA for not supporting their pathetic, childish little fantasies about aliens, UFOs, secret military bases on the moon, faked lunar landings and good old Nbiru.

Yes I think you're on the right track and what's so ironic is that while people who believe what NASA publishes are accused of believing the so-called "lies" from NASA, the people who refuse to believe NASA are the ones who are really the victims of lies by less reputable sources. But interestingly, what seems to confirm that conclusion, is that the NASA haters don't claim this announcement of water on the moon is a lie because it must fit into their fantasy or agenda somehow. So apparently the NASA haters must think not everything from NASA is a lie, only what doesn't fit into their fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join