It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major water find on the Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Isn't this where we say,

One small step for man......... one giant leap for mankind.

Disclosure is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooow.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That's pretty cool. Pretty significant, too. Whether or not the ethics/honesty of NASA is questionable, at least they are publicly acknowledging the existence of fairly large quantities of water on the Moon.

Off Topic: Hey buddhasystem, is your avatar a 4D "hyper" cube? Tesseract? Don't bash me for my ignorance, but I think I saw that image somewhere a long time ago when I was trying to learn about extra spacial dimensions. Just wondering if that's what it is supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Awesome, but not unexpected for me. After all the moon is made mostly of earthly stuff. Star and Flag from me.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Soooo Mister rational thinking.
Do you think it is normal for human to get more precise pictures of things very very far away than our own satellite ? Than in the last 40 years they were unable to buy a single camera in order to provide us with picture or videos where you can actually SEE something ?
Did you watch the live stream about the LCROSS crash ? Even the guy who talked at the end of it didnt know what he saw.
When all will be finally revealed (i hope so) a lot of people will just fall of their chair. But thats just my opinion. As a stupid guy right?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

For someone who finds themselves important enough in society to find themselves above what information the NASA publishes about a measurement of ice, you would think you'd know how to spell correctly. Yay is not a word. You're thinking of yea. Read a book.

Hey Guy, you're from Pennsylvania.

nuff said

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAH ATS'RS ARE FUNNY!

but i was laughing a bit more for the OP to practically praise NASA and thank them for anything. he obviously doesnt not have much knowledge regarding this organization for himm to say such a ridiculous thing. even if they came out and said "yes its true aliens exist!" i still wouldnt praise em, not only because i already believed that, but because they lied for so long that they became the girl who cried wolf.

PROPS for India!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There was a lot of data gathered by LCROSS. We're going to be learning more details about some things we've known about and suspected for a long time, as well as some stuff that was never thought of.

"The full understanding of the LCROSS data may take some time. The data is that rich," said Colaprete. "Along with the water in Cabeus, there are hints of other intriguing substances. The permanently shadowed regions of the moon are truly cold traps, collecting and preserving material over billions of years."

www.nasa.gov...

Here's the best image yet of the impact plume:

Here's an image of the crater left by the Centaur:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that this announcement comes only after India comes out with their findings on the moon?

NASA is a joke in my opinion and has know about this for quite some time I'm sure.

Sorry for the cynicism but NASA has, is, and will continue to withhold info from the public till countries like India hand out the facts.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
is your avatar a 4D "hyper" cube? Tesseract?

Yes it is. I didn't make it, though. One of the coolest avatars I've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

You understand that the instrument on the Indian spacecraft, the one that detected evidence of water, was provided and operated by NASA. Right?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You understand that the instrument on the Indian spacecraft, the one that detected evidence of water, was provided and operated by NASA. Right?

you also must understand that this was India first crack at it, which left lil confidence for these guys thru NASA's eyes, also, you must understand that it wasnt provided to India for free and that we are in a recession. ANYTHING for a quick buck!

link   
Timing of this is perfect it fits in with the whole "Disclosure before Christmas" prediction..

next will be "NASA confirms Artifical Structures on the Moon!"

Still they finally admitted it after all these years so.. thats good in a way

and 100kg is pretty hefty...

link   
reply to post by Phage

Just about any mission in space is in someway associated to NASA.

It's not about who has the info as much as it is "Who talks" about the info.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If one day NASA should discover a huge pile of alien artifacts on the lunar surface and publish it on CNN, people will start screaming that it's all fake, just like now they complaining about NASA "withholding" information. There is no appeasing conspiracy fans, especially those who lack adequate understanding of the subject.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I guess it's always kinda baffled me that our Moon is so relatively close to us in what we refer to as the 'habitable zone', it consists of the same material as Earth and is of a reasonable size - yet it appears to be completely devoid of any biological development.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

Actually, it was provided at no cost. The M3 instrument rode along as a "Mission of Opportunity", of benefit to both NASA and IRSO.

The participation by M3 on the Chandrayaan-1 Mission is on a "no-exchange-of-funds" basis.

m3.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm not going into who supplied who with tech (Chandra). If the moon has water, be it frozen or not, does that not mean there was possible life on there?

I'm not a John Lear fan, but if the moon "has" water, be it frozen, or possibly liquid, it should escape without an atmosphere?

Just asking the questions - no flames please

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Trruuuue truuee you may be onto something. LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
LOL at NASA... India announced this months ago! Thanks for the old news! Im sure they knew since 1969 but opted not to tell us. WHo knows what else they're hiding from us! Lets hope India sends a probe to Mars ASAP!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Um... Wasn't the press conference about the M3 findings presented by NASA? NASA both had and "talked about" the info.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join