It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major water find on the Moon!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is nothing to be afraid.. IT IS WHAT IT IS....

I hope no one on earth, still believes we are alone in the Universe... There is a GOD... there is life everywhere...

bomshell of water in the moon, might be a schoker for some, but for the ones in the UFO research... is a micro truth out...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
For you guys that don't what ice is =it's frozen water=..
This is a massive discovery!
This will allow future explorers to launch Mars expeditions using the Moon as a spring board.
Mars is even closer than ever!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Amazing!
I watched the live feed on Fox News and after I was like wow, ...nothing!
Prior to, I was like "We're shooting at the moon?"
Carzy world we live in these days.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Cydonia2012

They detected the spectrographic signature of water. It may have been ice particles or water vapor.

Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of the Moon.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Phage]

Now I respect you Phage because you dig Buckaroo Bonsai (too bad they never made the second movie) But I am a non scientist. Can you please explain to me why there can't be liquid water on the moon ?

Could it be that theory is incorrect also.. Just as the theory saying there was no type of water at all on the moon and that the moon must be dead and lifeless?

Also folks you know they say significant water. This means where there is water there can be LIFE!

And, the moon may have a small atmosphere. Many moon pics show whats looks to be plumes of 'whatever' rising from the surface. This can only happen in an atmosphere.

There is even NASA footage of the flag waving by itself.. not manipulated by the astronauts. Perhaps we really did land on the moon and since there were no good explanation for these things it was easy to think the landings were faked. My jury is still out on that.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Take a look at this phase diagram for water. When the temperature and pressure are too low there can be no liquid water.

user.uni-frankfurt.de...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
And as far as life on the Moon......I would not get your hopes up.

There are organisms on Earth that can survive in rather extreme environments (aptly named extremophiles) but these organisms probably only evolved after a "normal" organism got isolated in an extreme environment and was forced to adapt to its new surroundings

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cowboys703

There are organisms on Earth that can survive in rather extreme environments (aptly named extremophiles) but these organisms probably only evolved after a "normal" organism got isolated in an extreme environment and was forced to adapt to its new surroundings

Thank you for the link for the phase diagram.

You say," probably only evolved after a "normal" organism got isolated in an extreme environment."

Is that the current theory?

If so, whats to suggest that this hasn't happened on the Moon under the ice?

Even if it's a plant based life, it's still life. I have seen pics of objects on the moon that look like trees. People suggest these objects are green. I am not saying I believe this.. I think we need better pictures of those objects. Granted if there is microscopic plant life under the ice it will not be plant life as we know it.

Mars is by far a much more hostile place than our moon and yet people speculate there could be life there if water is found.

I have seen a really clear picture of what looks to be an alien on the moon. I am trying to locate the place I saw the picture and try to identify exactly where the picture came from. Ice in the Moon can be melted in an aliens laboratory. (assuming aliens are real) This water can be used for fuel.

Check out Klien's HHO process www.hydrogencarsnow.com... and here too:hytechapps.com...

So whether there is life on the Moon currently or not it's possible that life can be sustained on the Moon. Of course there are other obstacles that need to be addresses like radiation and the lethal solar wind.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I really cant believe it took them this long to find it. After having man on the moon during the 60's and 70's now its 2009 and theyve just found this out???

Im no expert on any of the past moon missions, but surely if you were the boss you would have had those guys digging back in the 60's, or cetainly searched for it with some kind of probe.

Its great news, dont get me wrong. Just seems funny how its taken so long!

[edit on 13-11-2009 by grantbeed]

They just put out this info because its another huge step to disclosure.

I am really getting the idea the US Government wants to disclose alien life but thought it was nessecary to prepare people. People always say "where there is water, there is life".

So, this is a huge preparation for "the common folks".

Because it is like you said, 50 years ago they put a man on the moon, and only now they found water? No way Jose, they knew this decades ago. If not, they should all be fired because that would mean NASA is not doing even 1 percent of a good job for over the last 5 decades

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Fifty years ago the plans were set in motion for the Moon landings.
Knowing water was there was any ones guess at the time. I'm sure if they new water was there,why would they play that card?
Maybe to get the Soviets to claim their stake? I think at the time this information would not benefit our efforts in the space race.
But now in our time, acknowledging water on the Moon is good move for any explorer.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
surprise surprise Hasnt NASA been looking into and researching the moon how long and they didnt see it? it took Indias first time to the moon to find it, i feel like all these conspiracies about U.S drilling and mining the moon could hold some water, like what if they were bringing the water there.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think we ought to go to this "moon" and see for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by diakrite
You DO realize, that NASA is still, basically a governmental/military organisation?. Hardly "independant" to say the least.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by diakrite]

Nasa is a civilian space agency, though it does do some work for the military on a contractual basis. They have no interest in hiding or "classifying" any scientific knowledge for the sake of conspiracies etc. And why would they ?? They have to provide results or they'd have no way to justify their expenses!

I used to think that way but when recently I discovered that 60' Nasa was full of free masons, I realised that they are hidding stuff, what ? at which degree I don t know though. I don t think it s about Alien though.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I am no big expert on on propulsion engines but with the moons gravity being 1/6 of earths i would imagine that water when properly compressed can be used in internal combustion engines, So to take your theory further
the moon can be used as a staging post for lunar exploration...

Suck squeeze bang blow so to speak....

Apolz if posted earlier,
posted this on DJs thread thought it had relevance to your thread..
Cheers.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by verastyle
surprise surprise Hasnt NASA been looking into and researching the moon how long and they didnt see it? it took Indias first time to the moon to find it, i feel like all these conspiracies about U.S drilling and mining the moon could hold some water, like what if they were bringing the water there.

Indians did not find ice in major quantities on the Moon. They found only thin molecular layer of it, comparable to moisture on Sahara.

NASA didnt see it because it was in a dark crater, thats why the need to blow it up into sunlight.

No evidence of a conspiracy here...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
I am no big expert on on propulsion engines but with the moons gravity being 1/6 of earths i would imagine that water when properly compressed can be used in internal combustion engines, So to take your theory further
the moon can be used as a staging post for lunar exploration...

Suck squeeze bang blow so to speak....

Apolz if posted earlier,
posted this on DJs thread thought it had relevance to your thread..
Cheers.

I dont think this water compressed rocket will be powerful enough. But you can split this water to oxygen and hydrogen using solar energy and power your rocket with these. But it would be such a waste of resources.
Even better, you can use oxygen and aluminium from lunar soil to power your rocket.

With lunar rocket fuel, lunar water and solar energy, proposed human base on the moon can now be almost self-sufficient, not requiring resupply for years!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
so many self-absorbed experts here.

anonymity [and ignorance ] is bliss.

so, nasa can discover [methane] ice on moons millions of kilometers farther the our own,
yet it took them a little less them a few months to 'discover' and disclose there is ice on our own after it was made public by the Chandrayaan-1 probe.... [some 50 years after we actually landed on the extra terrestrial body; *laugh out loud*]

tsk tsk tsk... you guys are so smart, by that i mean puppets. now after nasa says there's ice, they allow you to have this argument and hence the birth of this very thread.

- and when they allow you to know about the moons atmosphere and vegetation, only then, you the experts can come forward and have a 'thread' about it. and im sure many of the physicists here will have already known about the vegetation and atmosphere and climate on the moon.... you just didnt want to talk about it yet.

preach on savvy augurs [and experimental physicists: buddhasystem (those damn indian, heh ? ) ] of ATS, preach on.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's about time... but they are way too late anyway. Chandrayaan-1 already found water there. The data also suggested that water may still be forming on the surface - so I find it rather difficult to get excited about the LCROSS 'news'.

IRM

Agreed, and if not for chandrayaan we would have never heard about water. It was exposed by India...suddenly NASA wants to talk about water. Screw them.

This is what happens when you lie and play dumb.
You get exposed.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I heard this awhile ago in a lecture from our good friend William Cooper. Said it was carried up there with help(via "outside" friends). Not trying to debate his sayings, just saying it's interesting he talks about water being on the moon and then boom we "find" water on the moon. So, I'm just interested to see if anything more interesting will turn up from this...Also, why terrafarm the moon, when we can't even handle the planet were on now? We shouldn't even be allowed space travel until issues on earth are settled, if you ask me...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you have never seen the movie "Moon Rising" by Jose Escamilla, I highly reccomend you watch it. The movie talks about the huge cover up the government has been doing for years and about the possible existence of an advanced race of sentinent beings on the moon. Sounds crazy and I was a daoubter at first too. The movie brings together some serious facts that you can confirm on your own.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by cowboys703

Thank you for the link for the phase diagram.

You say," probably only evolved after a "normal" organism got isolated in an extreme environment."

Is that the current theory?

If so, whats to suggest that this hasn't happened on the Moon under the ice?

Even if it's a plant based life, it's still life. I have seen pics of objects on the moon that look like trees. People suggest these objects are green. I am not saying I believe this.. I think we need better pictures of those objects. Granted if there is microscopic plant life under the ice it will not be plant life as we know it.

Mars is by far a much more hostile place than our moon and yet people speculate there could be life there if water is found.

I have seen a really clear picture of what looks to be an alien on the moon. I am trying to locate the place I saw the picture and try to identify exactly where the picture came from. Ice in the Moon can be melted in an aliens laboratory. (assuming aliens are real) This water can be used for fuel.

Check out Klien's HHO process www.hydrogencarsnow.com... and here too:hytechapps.com...

So whether there is life on the Moon currently or not it's possible that life can be sustained on the Moon. Of course there are other obstacles that need to be addresses like radiation and the lethal solar wind.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

Its one of the theories I've heard and its one that makes a lot of sense to me.

The only problem with that is so far life seems to be a fairly rare occurrence which suggests life needs certain things to evolve, such as a stable climate, oxygen, water, etc.

This is one of the reasons why I doubt there is any life on Mars. There is plenty of evidence that Mars was once an active planet but it seems that it "died" early in its history.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join