It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major water find on the Moon!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No mate.

The Indian mission discovered, confirmed and immediately announced the water unlike NASA, who kept coming out with "Yes, we found water in the returned samples, but thought it was a sample return container seal leak, and the water was just ingress"...

Perfectly reasonable hypothesis until we factor in there was SIX sample returns, all containing water. Are we to believe they used the same sample return containers on all SIX return missions? Without modification to the 'leaky' seals?

Sure.

NASA may have known about water on the moon for decades, but never made any confirmation to the public who pay for NASA, conversely, India send up their first probe on a shoestring, discover water and immediately announce it to the world.

Let's not pat NASA on the back too much eh.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanx for the response. I guess we can put that one to rest before it even starts.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
They knew for a very long time.. I wonder why they are releasing this info now.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

And your point is?

India announced the discovery of water as soon as they had confirmation from another part of the mission hardware...how is this in any way a negative?

You make it sound like they were holding on to and covering the information...you are thinking of NASA mate...they knew from the 60's about the water...40 years Vs. a few days to tell the world about the water...hmmmm.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

The water originally found in the Apollo samples was extremely scant, showing at levels of a few parts per billion. Not unreasonable to attribute it to contamination. But more recent studies of some of the volcanic glass samples, using very sensitive techniques, have shown much higher levels.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Russians also found water in the samples returned by Luna 24 in 1976. They didn't make a big deal about it either.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
the Indian probe let the cat out of the bag a few weeks back, this is just Nasa way of saving face,

The real question should be if Nasa has know about water on the moon for many years what reason is there to keep it hidden from the public?

peace&hope

SM

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Breaking news: major find of water on the moon:

www.ktvu.com...

It's the first step towards the "Disclosure". NASA always knew that there was water (and more!) on the Moon. But this "discovery" is very imperative to the "Disclosure" that will soon follow.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OhZone

Have you read the book Magnificent Desolation?
Have you read the book Moonshot?
Have you read the book Rocket Men?
Have you read the book Carrying the Fire?

There is no atmosphere worth talking about on the Moon. There can be no liquid water on the Moon. I don't have to go there, I can see it with my own eyes and with a telescope. No clouds, no atmosphere.

Did you look at the LCROSS impact and saw the plummet with your wonderful telescope ? Or are you just basing this on the pictures NASA give you ?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Awesome, I know the Indian probe detected tenuous amounts of water on the surface, only a very thin molecular layer of water ice, But it's nice to see it's been confirmed that there is significant amouns of water ice inside these craters. Cool stuff.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by 29083010384959]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by sentinel2107

And your point is?

India announced the discovery of water as soon as they had confirmation from another part of the mission hardware...how is this in any way a negative?

You make it sound like they were holding on to and covering the information...you are thinking of NASA mate...they knew from the 60's about the water...40 years Vs. a few days to tell the world about the water...hmmmm.

Nope, I was just clarifying that the Indian instrument (Moon Impact Probe) got a wiff of water even before the NASA instrument was switched on, but ISRO played it safe and waited for confirmation from the NASA device before coming out with the news.

ISRO just doesn't know that there is more to the big brother NASA than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
50 years later, they admit to the possibility of life.

Is anyone fumed over the fact that their disclosure time-line seems to be meant for 1950's christian america? I think we can all handle the truth at this point.

Obviously there is plenty going on on the moon, mars, and even on our own planet.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here is a question.

Barely anyone here believes in the pictures/video etc.. nasa releases. (especially because there are never any stars *hi PHAGE*) haha.

However, now everyone believes the data they've "released"?

I find this timing of info being released very reactionary to this story:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What ever one's slant the fact now is that the Moon indeed contains some water-- whatever maybe its concentration. This is definitely positive news!!

Its a shame that the Chinese mission and the Japanese missions to the Moon didnt reveal the same findings as the Indian mission and now LCROSS.

They probably will have to construct a giant mining and processing facility on the moon somewhere in the distant future to separate the water and the H3 from the Moon's soil to use in powering and life support of any manned space colony on the Moon. That would no doubt be a multi-trillion dollar project and involve pretty much all the space faring nation's resources to make it happen.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
As Demoncreeper already, very concise, stated:

Isn't it a little too convenient that all those "revolutionary discoveries" (water on Mars, water on the moon, working plasma-drives -supercooling the exhaust coils being the last hurdle- etc etc.) come just after the congress has made clear that NASA's budget for manned spaceflight will be severely cut back????

Let's be clear: I most indubitably do not doubt the claims NASA makes about water on other planets, but I have the vague inkling, they knew all along, but ,in lieu with their masters, ordering fiddling about with facts and pics, weren't going do divulge anything, unless it had no direct use for the military. You DO realize, that NASA is still, basically a governmental/military organisation?. Hardly "independant" to say the least.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by diakrite]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
You DO realize, that NASA is still, basically a governmental/military organisation?. Hardly "independant" to say the least.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by diakrite]

Nasa is a civilian space agency, though it does do some work for the military on a contractual basis. They have no interest in hiding or "classifying" any scientific knowledge for the sake of conspiracies etc. And why would they ?? They have to provide results or they'd have no way to justify their expenses!

The US military has its own launch facilities at Vandenberg AFB and its own design houses and research institutions to develop space vehicles and satellites and NORAD to monitor space vehicles and instruments.

Both the military and NASA might use some of the same facilities but that is not to say they are one and the same, just like the military and the CIA might use the same helicopters but they do not follow the same chain of command or principles.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am probably in the wrong thread..to post this..
but NASA is a lie... they always knew there was water there.. Hoagland and all the other whistle blowers in the UFO community have ssaid for the longest that there is an atmosphere and water on the moon.

get ready for disclosure.. this is just a cover to come out and say btw we also found ruins and bases on the moon and some of those are not ours....

extraterrestial life is about to be disclose

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
NASA is supposed to be civilian.. but IT ISN'T......
let's get the research out....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
so, at a cost of tens of millions of dollars, they have found water on the moon. Well there is oceans of the stuff right here on earth! What a load of bloody nonsense. As far as "oh we might be able to colonise the moon now" is concerned, well once we have learned to live peacefully on this planet, maybe then think about elsewhere.We can't even get it right on
earth.
Just as in the sixties, at a cost of billions, they brought back...... some moon dust. Great.

What are you afraid of?
How does having water here on earth have to do with this? Bringing water from earth to the moon would be too troublesome as it weighs a lot and would have to be constantly replaced. Now by your posting it seems like you fear human expansion/exploration. Answer me, why is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join