It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by whatukno
It is starting to look as if he was quite the radical Muslim. But who knows if this is a fact or planted evidence to further an agenda. His family and friends all said he was a friendly guy. So the radical Islam angle is looking suspicious.

Ok, let's stop this other myth right away. There is no such thing as a radical muslim. This guy was the normal muslim just like all the others.
There was nothing strange about him. He did exactly what he intended to do and what the plan of Islam is to do.

They are not like us. They are not plural (believing that all religions are good and equal and nice nice). They are obligated to kill non-muslims. It's their duty. Why is this so hard to understand?

JJ you are the terrorist expert. Why didn't you prevent this happening.
You jump right on the Muslims with out hesitation don't cha.
No trial, no defense GUILTY in your opinion. I quess that is what you and your kind are all about.
Did I hear you Shout lets REINVESTIGATE 911 while we are at it.
Let's have some honest trials. Not BS opinions.
When is your deployment ? You show your colors every time you post.
Very biased opinion is all ya got here.
When you say not like us ,please do not include this American veteran.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Why do people say that he would have to 'fight' against Islam. If he was a psychiatrist then why would he be fighting? Wouldn't he just be over them helping soldiers?

I don't know much about the way things work in the military so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Look at it from his point of view. He is a muslim. He got a job in America. His beliefs are still Islamic. If he were deployed to one of the 57 OIC countries then he is being asked to "fight" by America because according to his religion that is what is being asked of him.
For muslims Islam is superior to anything. That's an important step to understanding this theology.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here's a good interview

Titled: Fort Hood Suspect: 'Allahu Akbar'

[edit on 11/6/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"We shall let no good crisis go to waste" Rham Emanuell.

Yesterday I went to sleep and there was 1 shooter killed, and 2 in custody and 1 at large.

Today the shooter that was killed is alive! He is a Muslim, the other 2 known and unaccounted for shooters all fallen off the planet?

Why because they aren't Muslims?

Now I don't know what happened and I am sure with our media and government that I never will, but come on people, lets be realistic here.

How in the midst of a secure military base a story fueled by the top brass at the base change so much in an environment that because it is secure presumably getting to the facts would be easy and in short order.

What happened to the other three shooters? Why was this man reported killed? Why is the story radically changing in short order for religious/political purposes as critical parts of the initial story put out just fall by the wayside?

A U.S. Army General reporting events isn't a six year old child. It's obvious we have been lied to.

Now I don't know about the rest of you but once it's been proven there is a lie involved all credibility goes out the window.

I feel horrible for the people who have lost their lives as a result of this but I have a funny feeling a whole lot more people are going to be loosing their lives needlessly if we don't start holding our government and press accountable for their lies and stop playing into them.

Yesterday it was 13 people who lost their lives due to government and media lies. Tomorrow it might be you or me because of government and media lies.

I think Islam is the least of our worries and the lesser of our enemies in that regard.

"We shall let no good crisis go to waste" equals emotional manipulation.

Thinking with your emotions and trying to rationalize it then in your head is not the same thing as thinking with your mind and then trying to rationalize it in your heart.

What ever happened one thing is very clear, the accounts of what happened are being tailored to emotionally manipulate us!

Shame on these criminals, shame on us for allowing this kind of government and media that breeds these kinds of criminal acts.

[edit on 6/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I didn't call you anything. But to say that "Muslims are like that" and "they are not like us" are gross, inaccurate over-generalizations. The fact that you think all Muslims are like this is bigotry. Sorry. This guy is obviously a radical if the reports are true, which we don't know yet. And I'm not joining your "all Muslims are bad" club. Just reporting what I find.

The Associated Press reported that Hasan attracted the attention of law enforcement authorities in recent months after an Internet posting under the screen name "NidalHasan" compared Islamic suicide bombers to Japanese kamikaze pilots. "To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate," the posting read. "It's more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause."

Washington Post

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

He didn't want to fight against muslims because that's illegal in Islam. He followed Islamic rules before US law. This is common with muslims.

I have studied Islam for over 40 years and teach counter terrorism. This incident is textbook. Too bad the common American is un-educated.
Then when an incident like this happens everyone is all shocked and wonders why... well, you have been told.

You might have studied islam but you fail to understand this guy's situation.

Since 2001 he wanted out because he knew what was coming after 9/11.He knew the US would attack muslim countries and he didn't want to get involved in any of it.

Im just tryna figure out what made him go berzerk because if he really wanted to kill troops he would have planned it in a better way and do more damage.

And yes for a muslim his faith is more important than the flag.

It should be a stark reminder to the muslims living in the West that joining the army is no joke.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by JJay55

I didn't call you anything. But to say that "Muslims are like that" and "they are not like us" are gross, inaccurate over-generalizations. The fact that you think all Muslims are like this is bigotry. Sorry. This guy is obviously a radical if the reports are true, which we don't know yet. And I'm not joining your "all Muslims are bad" club. Just reporting what I find.

The Associated Press reported that Hasan attracted the attention of law enforcement authorities in recent months after an Internet posting under the screen name "NidalHasan" compared Islamic suicide bombers to Japanese kamikaze pilots. "To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate," the posting read. "It's more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause."

Washington Post

Please don't put words in my mouth or try to accuse me of actions that I'm not doing to support your racism angle. This isn't about racism, I"m not a racist. btfo.

Yeah, let's take quotes from the Associated Press and other scared media sources who won't speak the truth about Islam because CAIR will throw a lawsuit in their face.

This guy handed out Korans, dressed in ME clothing, finalized his peronal affairs and was on the road to suicide. This is an Islamic practice carried out by muslim pregnant women, engineers, doctors and will happen again and again while Westerners are all shocked and amazed that it's happening and can't believe it and rationalize while apologizing for the action of muslims. That's disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
You might have studied islam but you fail to understand this guy's situation.

Since 2001 he wanted out because he knew what was coming after 9/11.He knew the US would attack muslim countries and he didn't want to get involved in any of it.

Im just tryna figure out what made him go berzerk because if he really wanted to kill troops he would have planned it in a better way and do more damage.

And yes for a muslim his faith is more important than the flag.

It should be a stark reminder to the muslims living in the West that joining the army is no joke.

No, I understand this guys situation perfectly, I have seen it many times, in person and otherwise. He is doing something completely normal. Not normal in your terms, but normal in his.

In 2001 the US has already has involvement in Islamic countries... there was no change. Fard ayn is a struggle like jihad and it is a muslims duty to fight non-muslims, that is very simple to him.

He didn't go bezerk. Why must a crime like this be psycho? It's not according to his belief. We always try to put our will into these people and it doesn't even make sense. He wasn't insane, he didn't snap, he didn't do anything Western that we see in movies or imagine. He was a normal muslim doing his duty according to his belief. He inflicted alot of damage and is being praised by other muslims as we speak.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
wow, what a mess of a thread
this thread desperately needs moderation

too much mindless bigotry on every page it's disgusting

You know on threads where they found out that Eric Prince was a christian crusader you didn't see muslims trolling in the thread did you?

To say that all muslims are terroists is extremism.
You guys are posting extremists posts.

And it also shows you lack of knowledge of how similar islam is to christianity and judaism.

All abrahamic religions say kill and plummage the non-believers.

Get a clue people!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Please don't bring racism into this thread. It's not about racism.
There are simple Islamic beliefs that this shooter followed. That has nothing to do with racism and we should be able to identify that and talk about it freely without criticism or fear.

Look up fard ayn. Look up other homegrown Islamic terrorism attacks on US soil and the pattern is clear. Let's not get into circular arguments that don't educate the American public about Islamic terrorism and tell us clearly the dangers we face. This incident is one of many. This action will continue. Please support education and understand Islam and it's theology.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You may say that many troops are stable people, but why not mention the truth that while in the warzone many troops are on anti-depressants.

I remember reading in Time Magazine how many soldiers are on prozac, even time magazine said on the magazine cover "Is this the way to fight war?"

Wow, now there is something the American people should wake up to. All the military training to make them sharp, alert, able to defend themselves in an instant and then they put them on prozac. Prozac is fluoride, but it's addictive and hard to get off of.
The American people should demand that municipalities stop putting that rat poison in our water, it decreases IQ by 20%, causes bone damage and liver damage and ruins your thyroid. It also causes sterility and cancer.
How can soldiers on prozac possibly function effectively?
This war is rediculous.
Bring them home NOW

They can't possible function on prozac. Is this Vietnam all over? Only on prozac. The founding fathers did not want a standing army, but this is ridiculous.
Is this the all volunteer army? Do they allow the soldiers to say no to prozac. When you join the army you really do sell your soul. Good grief, this means we'll probably have the draft pretty soon.
Maybe the NWO will let the military age vaccine refusers out of the fema camps if they join the army. This is what America has come to.
End the WAR now, End the FED, throw the bums out, nationalize the
FED, get of the United Nations and throw all the foreign troops off of American soil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by m khan]

link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Why do people say that he would have to 'fight' against Islam. If he was a psychiatrist then why would he be fighting? Wouldn't he just be over them helping soldiers?

I don't know much about the way things work in the military so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes! but the problem for him could be on the philosofical and spirtual level, going to Afghanistan or Iraq on muslim soil against fellow muslims?

link   
This is an extremely unfortunate tragedy. An extremely unfortunate tragedy that isn't even 24hr old. So theories and opinions abound. But that is all they are. This is the military folks. A totally different animal. The press that got out about this is no more than exactly what they wanted to. ESPECIALLY WITHIN MINUTES of the attack. I gotta say, the denial of ignorance on this thread is completely absent in most of you. Most of you, it seems, have been waiting in the weeds for something exactly like this to happen. When, in fact, coming to this site you should KNOW not to trust the MSM or status quo. This is too tidy a package. And every detail that we are being spoon fed here is being lapped up by those of you who that have been waiting to say "See?! I told you them muslims was tryin to kill us!!" Unfortunate truth is, you people represent a huge cross-section of americans that feel that same way. That is the only way the military and the media would be able to get away with spinning this so easily. And it WAS EASY. And continues to be because of those of you with a one-track bullet train mindedness who have to believe we always have to fight someone. We always have to have an enemy. Our government will always provide that to you because that is what you ask for.

I don't know what happened for sure in Ft. Hood. Could be it went down exactly as they say it did. But how often is that really the case? The truth on things is so rarely evident early. Especially this early. Give it some time. Take a step back and a deep breath and let this thing unfold.

link   
For those of you who think you know this man personally or think he snapped:
"Nidal Malik Hasan was born in Virginia but didn't think of himself as an American: on a form he filled out at the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring, Maryland, he gave his nationality not as "American" but as "Palestinian." A mosque official found that curious, saying: "I don't know why he listed Palestinian. He was not born in Palestine."

He is a graduate of Virginia Tech and has a doctorate in psychiatry from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. While there, NPR reports, Hasan was "put on probation early in his postgraduate work" and was "disciplined for proselytizing about his Muslim faith with patients and colleagues."

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yea there is a lot of jumping on the terrorism bandwagon here. The suspect is still in the hospital. He may just be insane. (which is my theory)

It could be radical Islam. But I don't think that there is some huge grand conspiracy to infiltrate our armed forces to plant Radical spies and saboteurs.

Many positions in the military call for something called an application for national security positions. This small booklet lets the military interview your friends and family in order to get a clear picture about a person joining up with the military.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Enough of this pointless bickering. This is going against everything ATS stands for. Denying ignorance is what we're here to do. We are not here to trade insults and degrade other beliefs.

Debate the topic not each other.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This will happen again and again until we recognize the symptoms of Islamic jihad and theology:
"And Hasan's murderous rampage resembles one that five Muslim men in New Jersey tried to carry out at Fort Dix in New Jersey in 2007, when they plotted to enter the U.S. Army base and murder as many soldiers as they could.

That was a jihad plot. One of the plotters, Serdar Tatar, told an FBI informant late in 2006: "I'm gonna do it....It doesn't matter to me, whether I get locked up, arrested, or get taken away, it doesn't matter. Or I die, doesn't matter, I'm doing it in the name of Allah." Another plotter, Mohamad Shnewer, was caught on tape saying, "They are the ones, we are going to put bullets in their heads, Allah willing."

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Someone said this on another forum, muslims come to America and take advantage of what we have here to wage jihad. Just like 911 used our own plane against us. Muslims will take advantage of our:
Good education
Clean environment to live in
Enlisting in the army, getting paid and being promoted despite reservations about his efficiency
Higher studies on army expenses
Freedom to practice his religion
Access to arms
Belief of the Americans that all religions and cultures are equal

Most importantly is that Americans believe that we should open our arms and extend friendship at all costs, we open our hearts and doors and let these people in not knowing their intent. We can't imagine that any religion isn't like Christianity and someone would consciously want to harm us... this is our mistake and at some point this shooter took advantage of us.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This guy was an extremist. There are extremists in every religion. The man who shot George Tiller, the abortion doctor, was the same kind of guy as Hasan here. An extremist Christian. There are Christians singing his praises, too, giving him money and supporting him all the way, laughing at it all, laughing at us... It's the SAME THING.

ProtoplasmicTraveler - I don't think there were ever "other shooters". Some other people were arrested, but were let go.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but found this bit of info.

Evidently he lived below his means, gave away his furnishings and Qurans that morning and many of his neighbors didn't even know he was in the military.

In the morning, neighbors said Hasan handed Qurans and donated his furniture to anyone who would take it.

Neighbors described Hasan as a quiet man who began wearing "Arabic clothing" in recent weeks. Edward Windsor, a neighbor, never suspected Hasan was in the Army. Hasan's rank surprised Windsor who would never have imagined an officer with a rank of major would have lived in an apartment that rents for $350 and houses soldiers ranked as private first class.

"For his rank structure, it'd be highly unlikely for him to live here," Windsor said.

From a TX news source describing the raid on his appratment.

Police raid shooting suspect's Killeen apartment

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join