It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yea there is a lot of jumping on the terrorism bandwagon here. The suspect is still in the hospital. He may just be insane. (which is my theory)

It could be radical Islam. But I don't think that there is some huge grand conspiracy to infiltrate our armed forces to plant Radical spies and saboteurs.

Many positions in the military call for something called an application for national security positions. This small booklet lets the military interview your friends and family in order to get a clear picture about a person joining up with the military.

Please look up incidents of islamic terrorism since 911. There have been many. They will continue no matter what your diagnosis is because muslims have a duty. This is a fact.

To that i'd simply answer: look up instances of american terrorism(not that you'll find it labeled as such) over the last 250 years.

It aint just muslims.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Where was the islamic terroism before 9/11?
How come it only exploded only after 911?
Explain me that?

Just some of the highlights. As has been posted earlier in the thread. It goes back a few decades. Welcome to the real world.

1982–1991

Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.

April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.
Dec. 12, Kuwait City, Kuwait: Shiite truck bombers attacked the U.S. embassy and other targets, killing 5 and injuring 80.

Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.

April 12, Madrid, Spain: Bombing at restaurant frequented by U.S. soldiers, killed 18 Spaniards and injured 82.
June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.
Oct. 7, Mediterranean Sea: gunmen attack Italian cruise ship, Achille Lauro. One U.S. tourist killed. Hijacking linked to Libya.
Dec. 18, Rome, Italy, and Vienna, Austria: airports in Rome and Vienna were bombed, killing 20 people, 5 of whom were Americans. Bombing linked to Libya.

April 2, Athens, Greece:A bomb exploded aboard TWA flight 840 en route from Rome to Athens, killing 4 Americans and injuring 9.
April 5, West Berlin, Germany: Libyans bombed a disco frequented by U.S. servicemen, killing 2 and injuring hundreds.

Dec. 21, Lockerbie, Scotland: N.Y.-bound Pan-Am Boeing 747 exploded in flight from a terrorist bomb and crashed into Scottish village, killing all 259 aboard and 11 on the ground. Passengers included 35 Syracuse University students and many U.S. military personnel. Libya formally admitted responsibility 15 years later (Aug. 2003) and offered $2.7 billion compensation to victims' families.

Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.

Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.

June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.

Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.

Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.

Edit to ADD: Source

[edit on 6-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
here is what I want to know, is Major Malik Nidal Hasan conscious?

I was watching CNN last night and they said he was in stable condition and he didn't want to talk...... so that would make him conscious.....

FOXNews conflicts with this report.... with:

Hasan was shot four times during the Thursday attack and remained unconscious early Friday.

So here's the deal... he's either conscious or unconscious?
who is telling the truth?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by imitator]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Has someone sure fooled you? Do you have memory problems, or are are you purposely ignoring history when making the ridiculous statements above?

Naa no one has fooled him. Its you that’s being fooled.

As modern pointed out in his post that before 9/11 you never hear the scale of attacks compare to what’s taking place now.

It’s easy to pick 1 or 2 odd attacks which I could easily do regarding US aggression.

From dropping nukes to bombing the crap out of nations, US’s history is not very good either.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

For those of you who still question the shooters motivation be assured that he was carrying out fard ayn. There are interesting books by Emerson and others about how deeply our military and government is infiltrated and how vulnerable we are. Be alert, protect each other.

I have tried to come in terms with your posts but the amount of ignorance you have displayed is kinda hard for me to digest.

IF he wanted to perform his ‘fard ayn’ properly he would have turned the whole military base into an ash tray.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Where was the islamic terroism before 9/11?
How come it only exploded only after 911?
Explain me that?

Actually there seems to be less after 9/11.

June 14, Karachi, Pakistan: bomb explodes outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.

May 12, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: suicide bombers kill 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners. Al-Qaeda suspected.

May 29–31, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists attack the offices of a Saudi oil company in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, take foreign oil workers hostage in a nearby residential compound, leaving 22 people dead including one American.
June 11–19, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2 other Americans and BBC cameraman killed by gun attacks.
Dec. 6, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.

Nov. 9, Amman, Jordan: suicide bombers hit 3 American hotels, Radisson, Grand Hyatt, and Days Inn, in Amman, Jordan, killing 57. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.

Sept. 13, Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy is foiled.

Jan. 12, Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy is fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.
Dec. 11, Algeria: more than 60 people are killed, including 11 United Nations staff members, when Al Qaeda terrorists detonate two car bombs near Algeria's Constitutional Council and the United Nations offices.

Sept. 16, Yemen: a car bomb and a rocket strike the U.S. embassy in Yemen as staff arrived to work, killing 16 people, including 4 civilians. At least 25 suspected al-Qaeda militants are arrested for the attack.
Nov. 26, India: in a series of attacks on several of Mumbai's landmarks and commercial hubs that are popular with Americans and other foreign tourists, including at least two five-star hotels, a hospital, a train station, and a cinema. About 300 people are wounded and nearly 190 people die, including at least 5 Americans.

Feb. 9, Iraq:A suicide bomber kills four American soldiers and their Iraqi translator near a police checkpoint.
April 10, Iraq:A suicide attack kills five American soldiers and two Iraqi policemen.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
WoW people. I see you all have managed to create one heck of a story line of a imagination.
From all the News and all other media i have seen so far. I only hear what we claim this to be. But the only fact so far is that some have died and the person responsible is in hospital. And not yet questioned.

Do we even have to question the Doctor at all in this matter. Its seams like we have already figured out everything. Plus the solution.

And people wonder why we can't trust the news. Well the news is. We create the news. Much in the same way we all spin up this imaginary story to what it has become.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We are amazed that people in foreign countries want to defend their women and children against a murderous army. There is nothing civilized about the American occupation of Iraq or Afghanistan or the drone targeting of Pakistanis. There is nothing to gain for America by these wars, except for kissing up to the Rockefeller Empire which is certainly not in our best interests. The stronger the Rockefeller led UN becomes, the worse things become for America. War is bad. War is not inevitable. We have been brainwashed by our entertainment media to consider war to be inevitable. Human beings are so wicked that they CANNOT live peaceably, they are not capable of decent behavior. There for we always have to have wars. This is the BIG LIE of the last century. If our government is not bent on war, we can avoid it. Terrorist acts resulted in our being drawn into war. A lot of us believe that those terrorist acts were committed by our own government to get us into war. A lot of you don't seem to think so.
The point I am trying to make is that this particular presumed terrorist (he might not have done it, or he might have been hypnotized or brainwashed into doing it) (He does come from Virginia tech, possibly from MKUltra) The point I am trying to make is that if we weren't at war, we wouldn't be in this mess. Any WHY are we at war. Because some Rockefellers think it will help them in world domination. And that's all. It is ruining our country. It is killing our soldiers. It is wrecking our children's future. We don't need this war.
I don't think this is off topic because it is pertenant to this thread. We would not be here if we were not at war. We are supposed to be fighting terrorists that you might think exist, other than just the people who are defending their people from being killed by us. YOU may think we are threatened by terrorists. I don't happen to think so. But even if there were terrorists out there, this incompetent government is unable to deal with them. So this war is going to ruin us regardless. Except of course for the Rockefellers/Rothschilds/military industrial complex who will obviously benefit.
END THIS WAR. PLEASE END THIS WAR. So many people think this war should continue. They think we should send more troops to defend the troops we already have there. If we withdraw, short of being defeated like Vietnam, we can simply bring them home. Declare a victory, declare that we don't care what kind of govt takes over, its' none of our business and bring our troops home. So what if we don't leave a democratically elected government in place. Whatever is there beats more years of war and will end up there anyway.
This war is what causes this kind of incident (unless it is caused by MKUltra in which case allowing them to get their way using this kind of manipulation only causes them to do it again. 911 was enough. If Murrah had been properly investigated, 911 would never have happened. If we want our country back we have to stop MKUltra type activities and false flag attacks by bringing the perpetrators to justice.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by m khan]

I am adding this here because it would be off topic to put it by itself. But we fought WWII because Hitler wanted to dominate the world. But it turns out he was just a front for the Rothschilds/Rockefellers. So we really have a continuation of that struggle. Hitler was defeated,but he was just a front. This is why we are fighting, because they want world domination, but we are advancing their cause not opposing them. What is wrong with this picture.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do you want me to start posting about the number of civillians killed by US bombs after 9/11?

I think just the amount of civillian casualities in iraq should be more than enough.

US has also given us an added bonus for making the world much safer now.The number of 'terrorists' have greatly decreased since 9/11.

Can we get back on to the topic, please?

Cheers.

link   
i heard about this late last night and it sickened me. it is very sad as well. but it brings up valid concerns with the military. he is a muslim man who has been harassed for being muslim and middle eastern in the military. he dident beleive in the war, and stated so, or said things that angered other soldiers that heard them. he posted stuff on the net that fbi was looking at six month befor the shooting. it was plain this man ws not stable for deployment or to be in the military any longer. still no action was taken.

like i said this disgusted me not only because of the loss of life. but because. i can see the people playing this off as this man being a terrorist cell or something, and this giving way to fuel more anti-islam hate and bias.

when this could be a non terrorist realted incident but the fact that he is muslim he is suddenly a terrorist. if he was christian, jewish it would be a disgruntled soldiers are soldier suffering from ptsd kills others.

this whole mess sickens me

just so u know i got my info off of cnn last night. so befor u bash me are ask for a link i listened to anderson cooper say those things on cnn

[edit on 6-11-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkava

Do you want me to start posting about the number of civillians killed by US bombs after 9/11?

I think just the amount of civillian casualities in iraq should be more than enough.

You could do whatever you want. As long as it's on topic.
I was simply replying to another posters question. Sorry If I've ruffled your feathers.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

My main point is how can we trust the government and the media to ever truly report to us the truth, when the truth changes so conveniently so quickly?
[edit on 6/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

This is too true and if I felt like betting, I would bet that TPTB want us not to know when we're hearing/reading truth and when we're not. If you don't know what to believe you can never formulate a plan of action.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There is nothing confirmed about this being a case of Islamic terrorism. So far, the allegations that he expressed support for martyrs was from a guy who heard it from a guy.

features.csmonitor.com...

"Terry Lee, a retired Army colonel who knew Hasan, told Fox News about a story he heard secondhand. He said a fellow colleague had told him that Hasan had made “outlandish comments” about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and US involvement in them and that “Muslims had a right to rise up and attack Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

Another thing to point out is that the infamous birther site World Net Daily already has tried to make a connection linking this guy and Obama. Let's avoid links that use that site as sources.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Exactly. Star for you

We have people already ASSUming that. They guy is still alive and we will hear his reasons from his own mouth soon enough.

More speculation here...
Suspect, devout Muslim from Va., wanted Army discharge, aunt said

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Muslims will take advantage of our:
Good education
Clean environment to live in
Enlisting in the army, getting paid and being promoted despite reservations about his efficiency
Higher studies on army expenses
Freedom to practice his religion
Access to arms
Belief of the Americans that all religions and cultures are equal

Most importantly is that Americans believe that we should open our arms and extend friendship at all costs, we open our hearts and doors and let these people in not knowing their intent.

Wow.

Replace the word muslim with jew, and the word American with German and suddenly...well....

How very Nuremberg.

How very 1935.

There are 1.2 billion muslims in the world. You're blaming them all for this?

This is an atrocity. The person who carried it out happens to be muslim.

But, in case you forgot, let me remind you of Columbine.

and

Hungerford

Are you going to tar all non-muslims with the same brush as well?

Or maybe, just maybe, you could step back from the single issue vitriol and understand that people all over the world do crazy, stupid, vile, nasty and criminal things, and not just one branch of the worlds population.

Because if you don't, and you start blaming a whole swathe of people for the misdeeds of a few, and you get fanatical about it - well history has taught us that it ends up with genocides.

One man.
One gun.
His beliefs. His actions.
Severely, tragically misguided. Moments of insanity.

But one man.

Not 1.2 billion people.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

thank you i couldent have answered it better

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
"Terry Lee, a retired Army colonel who knew Hasan, told Fox News about a story he heard secondhand. He said a fellow colleague had told him that Hasan had made “outlandish comments” about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and US involvement in them and that “Muslims had a right to rise up and attack Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

The strange thing is many people realised about his unusual behaviour but no one came forward.

The colonel who commented on FOX News should also be questioned about why did he not take any action when a muslim MAJOR in US millitary made comments as he claims.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
this particular presumed terrorist (he might not have done it, or he might have been hypnotized or brainwashed into doing it) (He does come from Virginia tech, possibly from MKUltra) The point I am trying to make is that if we weren't at war, we wouldn't be in this mess. Any WHY are we at war. Because some Rockefellers think it will help them in world domination. And that's all. It is ruining our country. It is killing our soldiers. It is wrecking our children's future. We don't need this war.

He is one of thousands of Muslims who have killed innocent bystanders in public places.

He was a well paid military professional who chose his path with full awareness. There is no ambiguity here this is someone who made a long preparation for a mission of destruction and death in the name of their faith. A faith that repeatedly tells it's followers it is their duty to kill Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc.

No attempts to shift responsibility to the Rockefellers and the Iraq conflict or invoke fairy tales of brainwashing and hypnosis can change that.

There is war going on in the Middle East sparked by a major attack in 2001 that killed 3000 Americans. It is an attempt to prevent this kind of destructiveness from spreading further.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by twinmommy38

I couldn't agree more the "ALL" is very big word. Just look at "ALL" the terrorist attacks over the last 20 years. Can you name more than a couple where Muslim extremists were not involved - NO YOU CAN'T beacuse there aren't many.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Easy to explain
but where's the islamic terroism attacks I asked for?

Ohhhh... you thought that these were it?

Ok let me try to explain it to you ok?
Why are only americans being targeted?
Why are only american embassies targeted?

because americans are infidels???

Sweeden is very christian, so christian to the point of even having many xenophobes there
aren't they therefore even more infidel-ish???
So why aren't they being attacked?

Italy has alot of catholics, why aren't they being attacked?
how come they didn't attack vatican city yet?
aren't the infidels too?

Southern ireland is very catholic, I believe nortern very protestant
why aren't they being attacked, they are infidels too no?
in fact southern ireland is almost a catholic theocracy
so they are one of the biggest infidels no?
but why aren't they being attacked?

Want more examples?

Not infidels, they hate our freedoms?
pshhh ya right, tell me if you follow current events and really value your freedoms are muslims really your primary concern?

Switzerland practices a form of limited govt.
so by definition they are way more free than americans
but they aren't being attacked

ok so we've ruled out infidels and freedom
so... what seperates America from the rest of the world?

Ohh ya... probably the over 800 bases in over 130 countries
probably because america is occupying almost every country on earth
probably the massive "Embassies" with 90% military personel that have so much influence over the country

Do you think?

If not, then please find something else other than the refuted "infidel" or "they hate our freedom" arguments to differentiate U.S. and UK from countries not involved in foreign occupation or war to help explain why they aren't being attacked?

btw, an american embassy in another country doesn't count, it's the same and even more their focal point.

Now that you perhaps understand more tell me this.

Let's say the middle east was america and america the middle east
middle easterns were attacked america and had bases all over
stole any form of natural resources
allowed only their allies and themselves to have nukes
proped up foreign govts. to ensure they act as puppet govts. including your own country
tell me... would America attack them in the same manner these individuals are attacking your soil?

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join