It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The death toll just rose to 13 this morning as one of the injured died overnight.

The death toll from a horrific shooting on a U.S. army base has risen to 13 after one of the wounded died from their injuries overnight.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

toronto.ctv.ca...

Let's get one thing straight. This was an American Soldier. He was Muslim, but he was born right here in the United States. This guy snapped. I don't know if this had been building for a long time, or what his motives were. But due to his actions 13 people now have died. There are 30 people injured.

As far as those that think he should be among the dead. I think that will happen in short order after his conviction when he gets to a military prison. I doubt he will last a week.

Seriously, do you believe that if a muslim sets foot on US soil that he automatically becomes Westernized? His motives were Islamic theology, this is very simple.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here is what is going on locally.

www.wacotrib.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
reply to post by sos37

Why would a psychiatrist go ballistic like this? Psychiatry is supposed to keep people sane, and rational. Being stuck in the military and having no way out though I could see. Also being deployed in a situation where you are going to be forced to do things you consider immoral, like killing innocent people, which is more and more what our troops are complaining about, and having no way out could drive a person over the edge.

Fard ayn is the answer. This is a very simple concept of Islam that many Westerners don't understand.
He didn't snap. He committed a conscious act according to his firm belief. That's very common and accepted in Islam.

If we don't educate the American public about Islam then more incidents like this will happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well! my condolences to all families who were affected by this awful tragedy!

But I find it very strange that they put a muslim guy who is a psychiatrist to handle soldiers with PTSD caused by their experiences in MUSLIM COUNTRIES!

Look I'm not defending this guy's insane actions - I am just trying to understand what a heck could have happened in his head prior, to do this awful killings.

This guy could have finally snapped and apparently turned into a radical extremist after hearing terrible stories day in and day out, from soldiers who were fighting there and where he surley must ALSO have heard a lot of awful stories about collateral damages etc against muslim innocents as well - (women and children which sadly happens in war) from many of the affected and now sick soldiers of PTSD who could have been involved in such events such as misguided bombings/fire or saw the effects of enemy suicide bombings and injured buddies - or of all these combinations and got sick of all this constant stress and emotions of it!

And this man would listen to their stories every day, which could have worked as a constant reminder that this happened on muslim soil and finally got to much for him?

( I have some experience from the battlefield so I have seen grown up men cry when they saw the effects in the Balkan War after seeing to much dead women & children and OF COURSE seeing to much of your own buddies injured or killed and the combination of all that experiences get to much for some people - this is only natural! we are all human beings and not machines!)

I think this man should not had been appointed to that position to handle cases of PTSD from the beginning! - especially not from events that happened in muslim countries - that would be just asking for trouble!

Well! as I said! I'm not in any way defending this man's insane act of killing his fellow soldiers - I'm trying to understand what a heck happened before he came to that insane conclusion to finally go all out radical - in this case! and in his head! - what made him tip over and finally snap?

(besides being deployed to Afghanistan and "maybe" fight fellow muslims)

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

He was born in the US. He was raised here. He was of Arabic decent but he was born in Virginia. Yes he was a Muslim, but he was still an American.

On a form filled out by those seeking spouses through a program at the mosque, Hasan listed his birthplace as Arlington, Va., but his nationality as Palestinian, Khan said.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...&cp

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is starting to look as if he was quite the radical Muslim. But who knows if this is a fact or planted evidence to further an agenda. His family and friends all said he was a friendly guy. So the radical Islam angle is looking suspicious.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

He was born in the US. He was raised here. He was of Arabic decent but he was born in Virginia. Yes he was a Muslim, but he was still an American.

What? So he's an American. His motivation was from Islam.

And there are plenty more like him. Here's one:
"mujahid_moonsighter Junior Member Muslim Male Join Date: Aug 2007 Location: Riyadh, Saudia Arabia
Re: As many as 9 killed in Fort Hood shootings, officials say
reports now are saying that the shooter was a convert(revert) to Islam, a Major(officer) in the army

Allahu akbar insha Allah he be shaheed, what a brave mujahid"

Please wake up people.

"Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a U.S. Army psychiatrist, murdered twelve people and wounded twenty-one inside Fort Hood in Texas yesterday, while, according to eyewitnesses, "shouting something in Arabic while he was shooting." Investigators are scratching their heads and expressing puzzlement about why he did it. According to NPR [1], "the motive behind the shootings was not immediately clear, officials said." The Washington Post [2] agreed: "The motive remains unclear, although some sources reported the suspect is opposed to U.S. involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq and upset about an imminent deployment." The Huffington Post spun faster, asserting that "there is no concrete reporting as to whether Nidal Malik Hasan was in fact a Muslim or an Arab."
Yet there was, and what's more, Major Hasan's motive was perfectly clear -- but it was one that the forces of political correctness and the Islamic advocacy groups in the United States have been working for years to obscure. So it is that now that another major jihad terror attack has taken place on American soil, authorities and the mainstream media are at a loss to explain why it happened - and the abundant evidence that it was a jihad attack is ignored."

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yes muslims are laughing at us, they are praising this guy for killing Americans. The shooter infiltrated an American military base and did his job for Islam. Islam is collectively high-fiving over this, they are proud and accomplished.

"Bell County SWAT teams barricaded and evacuated a downtown Killeen apartment complex where Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan lived before authorities say he killed 13 people and injured 30 more during a massacre at Fort Hood Thursday....
In the morning, neighbors said Hasan handed Qurans and donated his furniture to anyone who would take it.

Neighbors described Hasan as a quiet man who began wearing "Arabic clothing" in recent weeks."

It was right in front of our faces and we did'nt (refused) to see it. Just like many on this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It is starting to look as if he was quite the radical Muslim. But who knows if this is a fact or planted evidence to further an agenda. His family and friends all said he was a friendly guy. So the radical Islam angle is looking suspicious.

Ok, let's stop this other myth right away. There is no such thing as a radical muslim. This guy was the normal muslim just like all the others.
There was nothing strange about him. He did exactly what he intended to do and what the plan of Islam is to do.

They are not like us. They are not plural (believing that all religions are good and equal and nice nice). They are obligated to kill non-muslims. It's their duty. Why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Well! my condolences to all families who were affected by this awful tragedy!

But I find it very strange that they put a muslim guy who is a psychiatrist to handle soldiers with PTSD from their experiences in MUSLIM COUNTRIES!

Look I'm not defending this guy's insane actions - I just try to understand what a heck could have happened in his head prior, to do this awful killings.

He didn't snap. He simply followed his belief. Why is this so hard to understand? Have we become so loving and accepting of others that we think they are all sweet and loving too? WTF?

It is their duty to do this. This is normal for Islam. Muslim countries didn't cause him PTS, they gave him theology that is normal and good in their eyes. They are not like us.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

I certainly hope this is sarcasm, this is once again turning the screws on gun control and banning guns. These types of events are sad for the innocent people but it is clearly government sponsored terrorism.

I look at all the school shootings and mall shootings and the like and if every citizen were armed this wouldn't be happening I can guaranty you that. I realize this is a military base and that may be the jist of the arfuement here, "there were dozens of armed people around and they were all shot first". I can see it now. What a sad day, when will the Elite give it up, we will NEVER surrender our guns period.

This is something people really tend to overlook. Everyone in the country should inform himself on MKUltra and what they did at Jonestown, Pt Arthur and elsewhere. America is under attack and has been since WWII

[edit on 6-11-2009 by m khan]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He was born in the US. He was raised here.

For a second there, I thought I had stumbled into another birth certificate thread! Anyway... I don't know if this has been reported in this thread:

Source

The gunman behind the carnage at a Texas military base hollered "Allahu Akbar!" before unleashing a bloody rampage that left more than a dozen dead, an onlooker told investigators.

"We do have a witness who reported that," Col. John Rossi said Friday morning from Fort Hood.
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tex.) said Hasan - who had worked with the wounded for years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center - was angry about being sent to war and tried to get his orders changed.

The people in the building Hasan shot up were mostly soldiers preparing for their deployment.

This motive would make sense... He didn't want to fight against other Muslims and didn't want those who were being deployed to have a chance to, either.

Terrible...

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
This is something people really tend to overlook. Everyone in the country should inform himself on MKUltra and what they did at Jonestown, Pt Arthur and elsewhere. America is under attack and has been since WWII

[edit on 6-11-2009 by m khan]

No, not since WWII and not a result of American anything. This was an Islamic act plain and simple.

It is well documented and in open source material that the 7 phase plan started with "The Awakening" on 911 and there are various steps toward the rest of the phases which include incidents of Islamic terrorism on US soil. This has happened before and will continue. Don't confuse it for any conspiracy or anything different than it is.

America didn't do this act. A muslim man followed his beliefs and killed Americans. Period.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

He was born in the US. He was raised here.

For a second there, I thought I had stumbled into another birth certificate thread! Anyway... I don't know if this has been reported in this thread:

Source

The gunman behind the carnage at a Texas military base hollered "Allahu Akbar!" before unleashing a bloody rampage that left more than a dozen dead, an onlooker told investigators.

"We do have a witness who reported that," Col. John Rossi said Friday morning from Fort Hood.
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tex.) said Hasan - who had worked with the wounded for years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center - was angry about being sent to war and tried to get his orders changed.

The people in the building Hasan shot up were mostly soldiers preparing for their deployment.

This motive would make sense... He didn't want to fight against other Muslims and didn't want those who were being deployed to have a chance to, either.

Terrible...

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

He didn't want to fight against muslims because that's illegal in Islam. He followed Islamic rules before US law. This is common with muslims.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

They are not like us. They are not plural (believing that all religions are good and equal and nice nice). They are obligated to kill non-muslims. It's their duty. Why is this so hard to understand?

Well it's hard to understand because it's simply not true. I live in Michigan, lot's of Muslims here, none of them that I have met have ever wanted to kill me.

So this "They are not like us" bull [snip] is just a bunch of hogwash. Please don't buy into the propaganda.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
He didn't want to fight against muslims because that's illegal in Islam. He followed Islamic rules before US law. This is common with muslims.

Don't mistake my post for one of those who are here to bash Islam. I'm not into that. In fact, the bigotry I see here makes me sick. I was just reporting something that I wasn't sure had been mentioned in this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Wasn't Columbine MKUltra? Could this incident have been also? Maybe they need a diversion to get the 40,000 troops sent to Afghanistan. Port Arthur was for the purpose of gutting Australia's state Constitutions and imposing gun laws. Our govt (U.S.)has no shame or conscience or morality whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why do people say that he would have to 'fight' against Islam. If he was a psychiatrist then why would he be fighting? Wouldn't he just be over them helping soldiers?

I don't know much about the way things work in the military so please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Not that anyone will investigate ,but it is possible that something happened to him in the last few weeks involving work. He shot up a particular place because he had a grugde against the area.

My suspicion is that the Arabs do not care what happens in America as long America keeps its chaos out of Arabia. This will just be a morality tale Arabs tell their children to keep them from immigrating to America.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by JJay55

Don't mistake my post for one of those who are here to bash Islam. I'm not into that. In fact, the bigotry I see here makes me sick. I was just reporting something that I wasn't sure had been mentioned in this thread.

I'm not a bigot. Please refrain from name calling.
I am also reporting something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread and it's fact.
I have studied Islam for over 40 years and teach counter terrorism. This incident is textbook. Too bad the common American is un-educated.
Then when an incident like this happens everyone is all shocked and wonders why... well, you have been told.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by JJay55

Not that anyone will investigate ,but it is possible that something happened to him in the last few weeks involving work. He shot up a particular place because he had a grugde against the area.

My suspicion is that the Arabs do not care what happens in America as long America keeps its chaos out of Arabia. This will just be a morality tale Arabs tell their children to keep them from immigrating to America.

Yes, it's quite possible that something happened to him. He visited his Iman, he told him that he was ready to carry out his duty. The imam blessed him and possibly gathered funding and material to help him.

Yes, there are many Westernized muslims but there are more non-Westernized, and many living in the US and normalizing like Atta and his crew. There are about 30 cells unaccounted for in UK and US. Further, homegrown incidents like Malvo the Beltway sniper, the SUV campus driver, honor killing fathers, and the Buffalo cell are alive and well and will continue with their Islamic duty.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join