It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

And you are calling Gays militant and violent? They aren't some monolithic group. You can't make sweeping generalizations about how violent a group is and then suggest that they should be put on an openly preudice organizations hit list.

Yes I am calling them militant and violent and inspite of your ignorance of this fact, let me clue you in on a few things about "gays".

They have a lobby, various organizations in the hundreds of locations all across the country but more than that is the class distinction that gives me the right to "classify them" as a group for the many common denominators they all share. Denominators Gays themselves have pushed for legislation making them a class distinction requiring "special protection" for anyone that happens to hate them and beats the crap out of one of them is subject to extra punishment because of the hate crimes bill. They have an agenda and violence or acts to incite violence are the types of instructions given to them and instructions most of them feel perfectly justified in carrying out.

So don't talk to me about making sweeping statements and stereotypes until I see you use the same self rigteous indignation toward all those who have made sweeping broad generalizations regarding religion or the most abused form of this is when gays decide anyone, anyone at all who disagrees with them is either a "latent homosexual" or is displaying homophobic bigotry without ever once considereiing the fact that the problem may just be the Gays themselves.

The problem may just be their corrupt understanding of the 14th ammendment. That the parades you say where a few ruin it for everyone else. A few? You're kidding right? I will suggest to you that you have never seen one of these parades. So please don't speak on subjects you have no idea about

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How does that make "them" militant and violent? You still haven't given me any evidence for that. So they have a lobby and special interest group. Gays are capable of thinking critically for themselves just like any other individual. You think every liberal or conservative thinks the same way? You think all black people think the same way? You think everyone that celebrates their individuality in a gay pride parade is a jackass? You have exposed your arrogant, moronic, bigoted thoughts to the entire internet. Congratulations.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You might want to remove the padlock from that lock box mindset.

If I ever find myself seeing the world as you so often do, I hope someone has me comitted until come out of my delusional state.

What you are doing is taking incidences (whether true or not) and generalizing them as a systematic national campaign.

That's because it IS a general and systematic campaign anne.

Children are maturing faster these days.

No they're not, what you see as children maturing faster is a lack of common sense and more hands off parental guidance while progressives are promoting classes on gay and transgenderism K-12, that if monkeys do it we should do it and that their parents are out of the loop ignoramus lame dorks who just don't know what is current and cool anymore.

I don't know if is TV or just a natural evolvement. My daughter has a 9 year old daughter and a gay roommate. Her daughter asked "what is gay". We simply said when same sex is attracted to each other. That it is no different then when a girl is attracted to a boy. It is just the way they were made.

Gee, aren't you current and all that. If it had been me, and a kid came up and aske me what gay means.

I'd have said it means "happy"

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Actually he is trying to make a very valid point! Something you cant see apparently!

If homosexual unions are going to be condoned then are homosexual incestuous relationships going to be condoned by the state as well ??

The point is how FAR is our tolerance supposed to stretch to accommodate and sanction all the depravity that humanity has to offer ? If as a society you want people to redefine a core concept of "marriage" then at what point does that definition stop ?
In the near future are you going to advocate that marriage be allowed amongst people, dogs, cats, computers, plants, etc as well ? Is there no such concept of perversion and boundaries that shall not be crossed in the social anarchy you want to impose on the rest of us ??

Are heterosexual incestuous relationships going to be condoned by the state as well ??

Here we go again - - how far can you reach into absurdity?

CONSENTING ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't really care if a father and son - IF THEY ARE BOTH CONSENTING ADULTS - do whatever they do. Why should I care?

The reasons against marrying (or having offspring) with a close blood relative is well known. If they aren't going to reproduce - - who cares.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist
How does that make "them" militant and violent? You still haven't given me any evidence for that. So they have a lobby and special interest group. Gays are capable of thinking critically for themselves just like any other individual. You think every liberal or conservative thinks the same way? You think all black people think the same way? You think everyone that celebrates their individuality in a gay pride parade is a jackass? You have exposed your arrogant, moronic, bigoted thoughts to the entire internet. Congratulations.

You ever watch the news? Do they single out each and every person by name in a protest with the disclaimer that these are the ones ruining it for the rest of gays? NO! The fact is pal they FiT the Profile! They wanted this attention on all of them. They wanted to be known as a minority group who are defined by their sexual proclivity!

If you haven't noticed the violent protests where literally thousands of gays were interupting church services beatiing old ladies in the castro district for carrying a cross, these weren't a handful of gays, these are the kinds of numbers one could easily call a CONCENSUS!

So get off your sanctimonious suggestions about celebrating gay individuality when what they do in those parades is anything BUT respectable and the bigotry you think you see happens to be your delicate sensitivity to the FACTS!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I taught my daughter to accept people.

She is doing the same with her daughter to accept people/beliefs etc who may be different then her.

Are you saying that you told your daughter to accept people who believe in Nazism, Apartheid and misogyny as well ? Those are all "beliefs" that are different from what we practice in America.

How about cannibalism ? It is a sacred ritual amongst many tribes in the Amazon and in Africa. Does she "accept" them and their beliefs as well ?? If she doesn't, then you are teachings aren't without prejudice are they ?

You can keep hankering on to the "consenting adults so its all okay" slogan but "consenting adults" can engage in prostitution, drug abuse, suicide, self mutilation and even cannibalism. The problem is, just because two "consenting adults" think what they are doing is "okay" doesnt mean society at large thinks its "okay" as well! If not, there'd be prostitutes at every corner and heroin in every 7-Eleven!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are heterosexual incestuous relationships going to be condoned by the state as well ?? if a father and son ARE BOTH CONSENTING ADULTS - Why should I care? - anne

OMG, if that needs to be explained to you, then you need more help than anyone here is qualified to offer.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mason

these are the kinds of numbers one could easily call a CONCENSUS!

If it was a consensus it would have been only a consensus of those there; not every gay person in America.

In reality, while many might have been upset at the woman with the cross, it certainly was not unanimous. There is no way you could say that.

With your typical hysterical approach you turned one insulting old lady falling or getting knocked over into "beating old ladies". Do you believe your own propaganda?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Are heterosexual incestuous relationships going to be condoned by the state as well ??

Here we go again - - how far can you reach into absurdity?

CONSENTING ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are talking about "consenting adults" here. "Consenting" incestuous "Adults" !!

And I don't really care if a father and son - IF THEY ARE BOTH CONSENTING ADULTS - do whatever they do. Why should I care?

You should! Anybody who is part of a civil society should care because it involves the whole society!

For one, its illegal in most states in the USA and illegal almost all over the world! Even for "consenting adults"!

Incest laws around the world

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

You can keep hankering on to the "consenting adults so its all okay" slogan but "consenting adults" can engage in prostitution, drug abuse, suicide, self mutilation and even cannibalism. The problem is, just because two "consenting adults" think what they are doing is "okay" doesnt mean society at large thinks its "okay" as well! If not, there'd be prostitutes at every corner and heroin in every 7-Eleven!

What is your rationale for putting all these things together? Prostitution is probably a victimless crime; but drug abuse, suicide and cannibalism are obviously acts of violence (against oneself or others).

There is no comparison with being gay, which is about love. I think this is what is called a "red herring", no? It smells but has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Cut the chase people!
The gays need everyone to believe what they are doing is OK.
Why?
Because if what they are doing is OK then there would be nothing wrong.
Right?
Wrong..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You should! Anybody who is part of a civil society should care because it involves the whole society!

For one, its illegal in most states in the USA and illegal almost all over the world! Even for "consenting adults"!

Do No Harm - Consenting Adults

Incestual relationships do happen - they always have - and always will.

It is illegal mostly for scientific reasons. Even tribes in the Amazon don't marry blood relations because of hereditary weaknesses.

Why do you think Toulouse-Lautrec was so short? He was not a dwarf - but had weak bones because he was the product of a first cousin marriage.

Might as well throw in Polyamory while we're at it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Cut the chase people!
The gays need everyone to believe what they are doing is OK.
Why?
Because if what they are doing is OK then there would be nothing wrong.
Right?
Wrong..

Gays are being who they were born to be. Just as God made them.

Just like you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Maybe we can get back on track:

Aravosis v. Tobias on AmericaBlog
By Neal Broverman

John Aravosis of AmericaBlog was not happy with how the Democrats handled — or didn't handle — the unsuccessful effort to preserve marriage equality in Maine. So the blogger wrote a post about it and ended up launching a mini war with a high-ranking gay member of Obama's party.

advocate.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If God made us born to be gay no one would be.
No God would allow such a thing.
We are to be joined.
Two square pegs will never fit.
Sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Gays go around beating up old ladies just for carrying crosses? First of all I'm gonna need to see some evidence before I even believe that and even if it did happen...so what? If you see a black guy selling drugs do you condemn the whole race? No you condemn the individual. Look around buddy it's the 21st century. Your idiotic prejudicial arguments won't fly here too much longer.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Two square pegs will never fit.
Sorry.

Sorry, we are not talking about pegs. This about people -- very much not like pegs, and people are not square either.

People who are gay get along just fine thank you; about the same as people who are straight.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Just like you.

THAT is just platitudes. There is absolutely no proof what so ever that "God" made them so. They could all merely be perverts!

Is there any DNA test to determine "gayness" or is there a homosexual gene ? And if so should be test all the "gays" to find out which of them are "real" and which of them are "perverts" ???

Your reasoning is absurd!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Just like you.

THAT is just platitudes. There is absolutely no proof what so ever that "God" made them so. They could all merely be perverts!

Is there any DNA test to determine "gayness" or is there a homosexual gene ? And if so should be test all the "gays" to find out which of them are "real" and which of them are "perverts" ???

Your reasoning is absurd!

I really don't care what you think. And I am not even going to tell you what I think of your long arm reach into absurdity.

Maybe you could try to get back on topic.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist
Gays go around beating up old ladies just for carrying crosses? First of all I'm gonna need to see some evidence before I even believe that and even if it did happen...so what? If you see a black guy selling drugs do you condemn the whole race? No you condemn the individual. Look around buddy it's the 21st century. Your idiotic prejudicial arguments won't fly here too much longer.

I remember that incident.

Some woman branding a cross deliberately and intentionally invaded a gay event.

She was not some poor little old lady who was attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join