It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

They could all merely be perverts!

They could all be perverts; just like every homophobe could be a closet case.

On the other hand they both could just be people -- with differences, differences that do not justify demeaning terms.

The need to demean another has been analyzed to death in psychological circles, and the results do not flatter those that resort to it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
What is your rationale for putting all these things together? Prostitution is probably a victimless crime;

If so why do you think our society and almost every society, both developed and barbaric alike consider it illegal ??

Prostitution is only victimless to you because you cannot fathom the real victim; which is society as a whole!

but drug abuse, suicide and cannibalism are obviously acts of violence (against oneself or others).

They were just examples of "consenting adults" doing what they wished with no respect or regard for the society that they lived or for those around them while merely selfishly concerned with only their own selves.

There is no comparison with being gay, which is about love.

Pedophilia and necrophilia are also only about "love" to those who practice such activities. In their cases, the false emotions of "love" is used to mask a deeper mental disturbance with those people ?
I am not comparing gays with necrophiliacs but rather pointing out the flaw in your reasoning that just because two consenting adults practice what they "consider" to be love doesnt mean society sees it as such or that their actions dont have ramifications on society as a whole.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

They could all merely be perverts!

They could all be perverts; just like every homophobe could be a closet case.

On the other hand they both could just be people -- with differences, differences that do not justify demeaning terms.

The need to demean another has been analyzed to death in psychological circles, and the results do not flatter those that resort to it.

My usage of the term "perverts" is not due to any personal animosity but rather used dispassionately to refer to a character type convention. It should NOT be mistaken for anything else.

Your argument that they could be "just people-with differences" is absolutely absurd because I could very well say that pedophiles or cannibals are also "just people -with differences"! What rational distinction exactly do you have to defend your argument ?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I remember that incident.
Some woman branding a cross deliberately and intentionally invaded a gay event.
She was not some poor little old lady who was attacked.

Invaded ?? Are you a heterosexual woman who doesnt subscribe to the "gay" philosophy has committed an "invasion" by merely being there ? As an American citizen is she to be prevented from assembling in protest peacefully in her own country just because her she is a pro-heterosexual ?

I thoughts the Gays were fighting AGAINST discrimination ? Funny how they have no problem dishing out the same treatment they condemn when it suits them!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

If so why do you think our society and almost every society, both developed and barbaric alike consider it illegal ??

I am not well versed on this, but I am pretty sure at least in Amsterdam (and probably other places too) prostitution is legal and controlled. There are areas set aside for it. It has been taken out of the world of crime and disease.

I think that is pretty civilized, and also very smart.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

that just because two consenting adults practice what they "consider" to be love doesnt mean society sees it as such or that their actions dont have ramifications on society as a whole.

I am relieved you are not putting gayness in the same bag as necrophilia and pedophilia. I gotta wonder tho how you can suggest, with "consider" in quotes, that people who are gay cannot really be in love? That is an amazing conclusion, to really know how someone else feels. How were you able to do that anyway?

Also, can you explain how this love, imagined or otherwise, harms society as a whole?

I would of thought that love is pretty much just a positive thing with positive ramifications -- at least for those experiencing it; if not for everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wow I am amazed at the lack of morals some people have. Is there nothing you people find immoral other than setting some form of acceptable limit on people behavior for the sake of a better society.

Now you want to promote prostitution where women are abused and used. That is just sad. Whatever happened to protecting the women and children of a society?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

My usage of the term "perverts" is not due to any personal animosity...

In that case, I would hate to experience how you talk about people who you really dislike. Whew! Would I need earplugs?

Your argument that they could be "just people-with differences" is absolutely absurd because I could very well say that pedophiles or cannibals are also "just people -with differences"! What rational distinction exactly do you have to defend your argument ?

Yes, bring up those pedophiles and cannibals again. They are so relevant to the conversation.
I mean, I like fish, but not when its rotten, and your posts are full of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

As an American citizen is she to be prevented from assembling in protest peacefully in her own country just because her she is a pro-heterosexual ?

Her action, of carrying a cross into the midst of (in the faces of) the gay rally, is not too far from the group of gays taking their message into the churches.

Both took their "actions" into the "enemy's" territory. Both of these actions resulted in a hoopla. About the same in my book.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by sos37

So what about gays? You can argue that SOME gays are born that way, but can you prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Can you prove it scientifically? What about those in the gay population that used to be straight and turned gay or those who were gay and turned straight? How can you argue that someone like this was born straight when they turn out to be gay halfway through their lives?

Can you prove scientifically that they are not?

The fact that a gay man might turn straight at some point in his life or a straight man might turn gay at point in his life generates enough reasonable doubt.

Show me a certain type of man that can into a woman or a certain race of person that can change into another race and then the comparisons would be on the same lines.

This is about equality under the law.

That's my point exactly. When you write law you must define everything! The legislature hasn't adequately defined gays or gay unions yet!

My point is, if they want to make headway on the issue they need the legislature to start changing the definitions of current laws and quit being so generalized with the wording. Generalization leads to misinterpretation!

When you come down to it, what it really boils down to is this: It is not about being gay or straight or man or woman or black or red or white or christian or anything else. It's about being a human being. That's right, a human being. Can you honestly say that you, personally, feel some human beings deserve different rights than others? To say that is a perversity of the Constitution. Who cares if someone does one thing and later does something else? Such arrogance to stand and point your finger and say "I deserve these rights, but she does not." Such shocking arrogance and ignorance based in fear and hatred and anger.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Now you want to promote prostitution where women are abused and used. That is just sad. Whatever happened to protecting the women and children of a society?

I am not promoting prostitution. It doesn't need promoting. It has been around since the beginning of time, and it will never go away. All of the laws against it have only meant that the women involved had to ply their trade on the streets. It made them subservient to criminal pimps. Making it legal, and controlled, means no pimps. It means proper precautions for safety and health.

It is an immeasurably better alternative than having women on the streets and in dark alleys. That is where they are getting abused.

It isn't going to go away no matter how you moralize about it. We can only reduce the risks by legalizing a practice that is otherwise inevitable.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

So you don't consider it a form of abuse for a woman to have sex with 10 or 20 or more random fat, ugly, sweaty guys every night in order for her to make a living? Do you realize that most prostitutes, legal or illegal, are either addicts supporting a habit or will become addicts to deal with the psychological trauma of their jobs?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

The reason is "Homosexuality is A Pschologically Diagnosed Mental Disorder" whether you like it or not, H.S. is classified as "Aberant BEHAVIOR", and should be treated with the same Modalities as any other form/state of abhorant behavior.

Now!, I know you will now freak out and say/type "IT IS NOT CLASSIFIED AS SUCH!", Yes, I know it is not "NOW" classified as such, BUT, IT USED TO BE!
The U.S. declassified in 1977 by the A.P.A., (American Psychological Association) because of RAMPANT PROTESTING/INFILTRATION.
The W.H.O. in 1992 because of RAMPANT PROTESTING/INFILTRATION.
Europe the same, etc....
(Ya notice that this tactic doesn't work in muslim countries...hmmmm, I wonder why?)(you tell me)

It is no longer classified as such is because of the infiltration of the psychological fields by Mentally Deranged Personages (psycholgists/phychiatrists) trained by Mentally Deranged Personages (professors/instructoers) in Mentally Deranged Colleges and Universities ALL ACROSS AMERICA AND THE WESTERN WORLD!

The Reason this is happening is a Program called PSYCHOPOLITICS, it is a system of WARFARE whereas a country (hmmmm, could it be RUSSIA, lets see, hmmmm, COLD WAR? hmmmmm, maybe.) DESTROYS another country by turning everything GOOD into BAD, and everything BAD into GOOD! Therefore Winning the WAR without firing a SHOT! Through manipulating entire societies into CHAOS/COLLAPSE (sound familiar).

If you want PROOF!, Go to FHU.COM and download a copy of the Russian Psychopolitical Manual. And READ/LEARN for yourself, and feel the veil of cradle-to-grave brainwashing your been under your whole life begin to disintegrate more and more after each page you read!

AFTER YOU FINISH READING THIS,(if you got the stones enough to do so) Come back to this forum and tell me if you still "Can't figure out a good reason for this".

Thank you and good luck!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by wayno

So you don't consider it a form of abuse for a woman to have sex with 10 or 20 or more random fat, ugly, sweaty guys every night in order for her to make a living? Do you realize that most prostitutes, legal or illegal, are either addicts supporting a habit or will become addicts to deal with the psychological trauma of their jobs?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

I don't see it as abuse in the context where it is legalized. It would see it as a gross way of making a living; but that is just my opinion. Not everyone feels that way, and I respect that.

Many women on the street are supporting a drug habit -- about that there is no doubt; however how much of that results from prostitution being part of criminal underworld where it has been kept by our laws?

Not all prostitutes are drug addicts. Many are also supporting a family or child at home, in the only way they see available to them. There are many examples of prostitutes who are moms who try as hard as any to be good ones.

Anyway, this subject is not what the thread is about, so ... lets just leave it there.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Perhaps you would like to start a separate thread.

Chaos theory has nothing to do with gays - who are born as natural as anyone else.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I lived in the SF Bay Area for over 15 years. Earlier in this thread I asked a question about something I observed while living there, but I don't recall getting an answer. You seem open about discussing the subject, so I'll try again. I observed many g/l couples where one would assume a masculine role in dress, mannerisms and speech, while the other would assume a feminine role in much the same way. The question is that if having your partner look and act like the opposite sex is what you like, then why not just go with someone that really is the opposite sex? It seems to me that there would be much less hassle and stigma. Honest question ...

I never see gays like that around here, I live in Alabama though, that must me an SF thing.

I'm assuming they don't date the opposite sex because it's the opposite sex, gay means we don't like the opposite sex. Some gay men like there men girly, some gay men (myself included) like there men manly. Thats just the way it works.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt_Mason

You ever watch the news? Do they single out each and every person by name in a protest with the disclaimer that these are the ones ruining it for the rest of gays? NO! The fact is pal they FiT the Profile! They wanted this attention on all of them. They wanted to be known as a minority group who are defined by their sexual proclivity!

If you haven't noticed the violent protests where literally thousands of gays were interupting church services beatiing old ladies in the castro district for carrying a cross, these weren't a handful of gays, these are the kinds of numbers one could easily call a CONCENSUS!

So get off your sanctimonious suggestions about celebrating gay individuality when what they do in those parades is anything BUT respectable and the bigotry you think you see happens to be your delicate sensitivity to the FACTS!

Give me a source that says anything close to a thousand gays were doing this. This WAS a handful of gay people, you want to judge them all by what a few did. That says more about you than it does about gays.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? They are the most contrary people you will meet here! Just look at the times they speak out both sides of their mouths. Is it any wonder why no one bothers to fetch them the referances they demand all the time.

It's not as if this stuff hasn't been on every channel in the MSN for pete's sake. All they can do is come up with silly anecdotes and claim they are outraged at things so inconsistent with normal thinking.

When you said:
"

My usage of the term "perverts" is not due to any personal animosity...

Wayno and I have seen many other gays do this same thing comes back with an answer like this:

In that case, I would hate to experience how you talk about people who you really dislike. Whew! Would I need earplugs?

Does anyone else find this statement just a scandalous bit HARD TO BELIEVE?
Oh yes when it comes to calling them (gays) on the issues many find disgusting or distasteful and many times illegal so much so they are not even welcome at a blood donar drive, they demand we "tolerate" them for it. But when those same gays are defending what they seem to think is their constitutional right to bastardize an institution historically between the only type of sexual relationship that does affect everyone which is that between one man and one woman, they argue using the strawman asking " how does it affect anyone else if homosexuals get married" never ONCE does it occur to them the fact that because it offers NOTHIING to society other than to satisy their own selfish indulgences is the very reason they have not and should not be considered for such Governmental consideration like those types of relationships that DO affect all of us.

Not once does it occur to them to think before they start making all sorts of innuendo's about bigotry and hatred when one look at this thread reading some of the views they claim are so insulting to them as if on one hand, anne posts, she has no problem with a father and son having sex with each other as long as it is consensual yet we are supposed to feel ashamed when they accuse us of comparing them to necrophiliacs. Then they all of a sudden are "outraged"!

Pffft gimme a break.

If finding love is having to insert the male penis in an orifice filled with fecal matter among a segment of society that can have anywhere up to 100 - 1000 sexual partners on average according to the CDC they want to ask us what effect that has on the rest of society while in the same voice don't want to be described in any terms used in what transhumanist says are sweeping broad generalizations.

Aren't gays part of society?

And who among Americas melting pot has been and continues to be the fastest and most affected group of HIV/AIDS victims in our country?

When I speak about these protests and parades where on the one hand they make excuses for the repugant acts and displays they are so proud of, but on the other hand want to shame us for someone comparing them to other extreme perversions while the rest of us are wondering, Gee,, can they even BE offended after seeing one of these parades. Then I have transhumanist thinking he really has me on the sweeping with the broad brush allegation while it never occurs to him the fact that when I am describing the things that are so distasteful among the participants of these parades the FACT they are ALL Gay, seems to escape him!

Yeah, sorry pal, but that isn't generalizing when everyone of them that happen to be doing this, also happen to be gay! Hence the use of the word "Gays"

The double standards they use are such tortureously contrived dichotomies is it any wonder why no one takes them serious anymore whenever they call anyone a bigot or hater while they do everything they possibly can to justify same in all of us.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Matt_Mason]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Because they are in it illegally and are controlled by pimps, who take most of their earnings, and beat them into submission. Or are as a result of sex trafficking, and are slaves.

Make it a legal living and they can work for themselves, under their own conditions, and they can get regular healthcare from the government.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

When you come down to it, what it really boils down to is this: It is not about being gay or straight or man or woman or black or red or white or christian or anything else. It's about being a human being. That's right, a human being. Can you honestly say that you, personally, feel some human beings deserve different rights than others? To say that is a perversity of the Constitution. Who cares if someone does one thing and later does something else? Such arrogance to stand and point your finger and say "I deserve these rights, but she does not." Such shocking arrogance and ignorance based in fear and hatred and anger.

Nobody said they weren't human beings and your understanding of the 14th ammendment has nothing to do with someones equal rights being taken from them, as long as everyone else has to abide by the same rules. The 14th ammendment pertains to only the first eight ammendments of the constitution and applys to what ever the state laws are in each state having nothing to do with equal access in this regard OR equal rights.

No one is saying gays can't marry, they just can't marry the same sex just like I can't. It's about institutions which are well understood and protected by the 14th ammendment which assumes you have common sense to know I can use any public restroom I want as long as it is not one the opposite sex uses. There are practical reasons this kind of thing is protected from those of you who seem to think everyone has a right to use it regardless if it is same sex or not.

If you had any understanding at all as to why the Government made marriage a governmental institution in the first place I can guarantee you would not only NOT understand, you wouldn't care anyway.

Oh and save all the stuff about how shocked and insulted you are, my god man have you seen some of the stuff gays do without being a bit put off by it. If they can stomach that and find nothing distasteful or inappropriate I don't see any reason at all for anyone of us to concern ourselves about your delicate sensitivities

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Matt_Mason]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join