It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is almost amusing to imagine the world you all are trying to create. Marriage of any sort. What about a gay adult male and his father, should theybe allowed to marry, and if not, why not?

We will have the most confused kids on earth running around. They will be like this is my mom, mom, dad, dad, dad, uncle, cousine, friend, aunt... they are all married and they all have sex with each other. Sounds like a great place to be a kid. NOT!

They can all sing I am my own Grandpa.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just so you know, the logic you are using to continually redefine marriage is exaclty why many peope are against gay marriage. Once you begin to redifine it to the whims of certain minority groups pretty soon you will have all kinds of odd marriage configurations.

Like is it alright for a 12 yr old girl to marry a 40 yrs old man as long as they both consent and the girls parents consent?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

What about a gay adult male and his father, should theybe allowed to marry, and if not, why not?

Because it would be ridiculous.

Gay relationships and polygamous relationships are both about establishing a new family outside of the one in which you are/were the child. You don't have to get married to remain in the family into which you were born.

Are you being silly intentionally to disrupt the thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I am not trying to disrupt. I am trying to expand the logic. Who are you to say it is ridiculous and who are you to limit the definition of marriage because you think its purpose is to start a new family. If they two are in love and want that type of relationship shouldn't theyhave the same rights you want afforded to homosexual couples? Isn't your post hypocrisy?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist

No because of all the benefits I posted above. If a husband dies should 16 different wives all receive social security? I don't have any problem with someone having an open relationship with multiple spouses but being legally married would be a huge strain on the system.

Obviously some laws etc will have to be adjusted.

What really happened in California - was the Mormon church launched a million dollar campaign the week before the voting date - - - focusing on children & schools - - - saying homosexual education will be forced on your children.

If you read the demographic of the voters - - - the highest vote against gay marriage - - - was Black & Hispanic women in the age range of 25 to 40 (not sure that is exact but close).

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have two solutions:

1. Allow them to be married by law but let the churches do as they wish. This way they can achieve the same financial status as a hetero couple.

2. Only allow a gay couple to adopt, but not use a seregate. I mean, a gay family is better than a parent-less child and since nature says that a gay can't reproduce, we shouldn't let them use seregates anyways.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

2. Only allow a gay couple to adopt, but not use a seregate. I mean, a gay family is better than a parent-less child and since nature says that a gay can't reproduce, we shouldn't let them use seregates anyways.

Um.. Why shouldn't they be able to use seregates? Because someone is gay, they shouldn't be able to reproduce? As a gay man with a child, I find that very offensive.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Obviously some laws etc will have to be adjusted.

What really happened in California - was the Mormon church launched a million dollar campaign the week before the voting date - - - focusing on children & schools - - - saying homosexual education will be forced on your children.

If you read the demographic of the voters - - - the highest vote against gay marriage - - - was Black & Hispanic women in the age range of 25 to 40 (not sure that is exact but close).

It's interesting also that almost all of the gay marriages you talk about where the voting public was concerned about gays involvement in public schools was said to be un-founded. That they really didn't have a stake in what went on in public schools since they had no children.

The fact is however, that once same sex marriage was approved in every state that did it, the Gay activists moved quickly to get classroom homosexual education into the schools where only Gay teachers were approved to teach them. Everything the parents feared would happen, DID happen.

These classes were supposed to be about "tolerance". Yet in every case they were busted for not only teaching kids the fundamentals of homosexual sex and how to's of gay sex, but encouraged to try it to find out if it was something they are and to show them ways to enjoy it.

This is none of the gay communities business and NO, it will NOT be tolerated and neither will they for teaching it.

The whole politically correct tolerance bit has become the broken record along with the words "bigotry and hatred" where just two years ago Gays were accepted without resistance unless they were putting on one of their many drama shows talking like they often do being something they are not. Now however, they are fast becoming the most disliked most untrustworthy segment of society. More and more people have had enough of their constant whining and despicable over the top outward public displays of affection and their in your face militant activism.

Gays simply don't understand that when people read posts like these, where this idea that we are homophobes and bigots etc, cause more people to dislike gays. Gays would have much more success at the voting booths if people weren't reminded of how hard headed and vitriolic they actually are. I know for me, I was once a proponent of gay marriage. It has been threads like this one I have seen all over the internet that I found myself disliking them.

Seeing how violent they are and how many of them have been the cause of violence against Gays themselves, I wonder if they shouoldn't be put on some kind of hater list like the KKK or homegrown terrorists.

Sure their are those that don't act like that, but they sure don't care if the others do. I mean just think about it. We have a group of people in our society who have a unique sexual practice that no one should know about yet they make it a point we do when we never asked. Then, define themselves according to that sexual practice which doesn't tell us what race they are what color what gender etc, but only how they choose to have sex! WHO CARES!

When it comes to Gay pride, again what is it they are most proud of? What is it they choose to "show off" during every gay pride parade?

I would like to show you but it is next to impossible to show a photograph from a gay pride parade without offending people and that is the core of the real issue regarding these individuals.

The fact that they are so vulgar, so spiteful and violent, that laws have to be made just to tolerate them, to force us to put up with them and their constant attempts to impose their specialness and their sexual bent on the rest of us while we are supposed to "grin and bear it"

Gays would have more success if they weren't so busy making themselves so difficult to be around pissing everyone off

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

What about a gay adult male and his father, should theybe allowed to marry, and if not, why not?

Gay relationships and polygamous relationships are both about establishing a new family outside of the one in which you are/were the child. You don't have to get married to remain in the family into which you were born.

How do YOU know what all gay relationships are about? You call it ridiculous? Welcome to our world pal, for that is exactly what we says about gays wanting to get married in an oxymoronic same sex marriage.

The fact is however, those situations many have offered as the slippery slope to many more exotic types of marriages have already filed law suits using the same mis-understanding of the 14th amendment, that gays continue to refuse to understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
The real laughter is gonna be history laughing at you, you don't get it...
These kids are gonna get this world, you seem to have NO clue as to the popular attitudes, they don't care what color you are or what type of tail you are after.

Not even mentioning that being gay is considered "cool" these days.

That's funny, the entire motivation for the hate crimes bill and the reason Gay sex education is being forced on all these kids is because gays are so "bullied" so hated and their is so much bigotry of them at school.

Which is it guy? Are they victims or are they cool with all of those kids willing to pounce on any of us for disparaging their ultra coolness?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mason

Seeing how violent they are and how many of them have been the cause of violence against Gays themselves, I wonder if they shouoldn't be put on some kind of hater list like the KKK or homegrown terrorists.

And you are calling Gays militant and violent? They aren't some monolithic group. You can't make sweeping generalizations about how violent a group is and then suggest that they should be put on an openly preudice organizations hit list.

Sure there is always a few that ruin it for the many. You could say the same about the tea party protests. A lot of people with legitimate arguments but the ones that made the news were the idiots who couldn't even explain why they were there. Same thing with gay pride parades. A lot of respectable intelligent gays get together to celebrate being themselves and a few jackasses have to simulate sex acts in public and tarnish the image for the rest.

The fact that they are so vulgar, so spiteful and violent, that laws have to be made just to tolerate them, to force us to put up with them and their constant attempts to impose their specialness and their sexual bent on the rest of us while we are supposed to "grin and bear it"

Again with the stereotypes and broad sweeping generalizations. As a matter of fact I have never seen any evidence of Gay activists being either militant or violent. Perhaps passionate is a better word? Care to provide any evidence of militant activists? Not that there aren't any but they certainly aren't the majority by any means.

Say what you will about the jackasses but keep the stereotypes out of ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

So you go to gay pride parades?

Gays usually try to have them, where they will get the most exposure of their over exposed participants. It's pretty hard to go downtown to work or to walk to the deli during one without having to be accosted by the site of some clown wearing chaps and nothing under them. Then they wonder why they get no respect. The have no self respect so why would anyone else.

I would think as a parent you could change the channel on your TV and take your family elsewhere when the gay parades you attend turn into orgies.

Yeah, Ill remember this answer the next time some mouthy atheist or gaytheist whines and crys about having had a glimpse of baby jesus in a manger of a nativity scene or when a president says "so help me god" during his swearing in as POTUS.

Your personal opinions aside, the irony is you and your views WILL dwindle and come to represent the barbarism of the "good old days". Just a box of bones with gayness buried in the same ground and gay weddings be officiated in the land of the living.
I recall reading of a time when inquisitors and witch burners were the good guys too

Dude, you talk as if being Gay and having Gays in society is something new. It has always been around and is nothing new nothing special and certainly nothing worth comparing to the civil rights era. Of the places in history that did embrace it as something mainstream, they didn't last long, Rome, Greece, hell even the state of maine gave them a chance and they decided it wasn't worth the aggravation they are always about.

So how's those gay pride parades workin for ya

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mason

You might want to remove the padlock from that lock box mindset.

There will always be incidents in life. My 3rd grade teacher back in 1953 was a drug addict. Our city counselman molested young girls. The school coach gave a kid a concussion by slamming his head into a wall.

What you are doing is taking incidences (whether true or not) and generalizing them as a systematic national campaign.

Children are maturing faster these days. I don't know if is TV or just a natural evolvement. My daughter has a 9 year old daughter and a gay roommate. Her daughter asked "what is gay". We simply said when same sex is attracted to each other. That it is no different then when a girl is attracted to a boy. It is just the way they were made.

She said OK - and went outside to play.

Children have no problem accepting it as a natural part of life.

The Fear and Prejudice comes from adults.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist

Again with the stereotypes and broad sweeping generalizations. As a matter of fact I have never seen any evidence of Gay activists being either militant or violent. Perhaps passionate is a better word? Care to provide any evidence of militant activists? Not that there aren't any but they certainly aren't the majority by any means.

Say what you will about the jackasses but keep the stereotypes out of ATS.

Neither have I. And I'm originally born and raised in Los Angeles.

I worked at a company that was predominately gay. I was the minority.

They are NOT a GROUP Think. They are just people - - as varied and different as anyone.

FEAR breeds hate. Lack of real knowledge and understanding breeds misconception.

It is only a matter of time. The percentage between acceptance and self-righteousness continues to get less and less.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Actually he is trying to make a very valid point! Something you cant see apparently!

If homosexual unions are going to be condoned then are homosexual incestuous relationships going to be condoned by the state as well ??

The point is how FAR is our tolerance supposed to stretch to accommodate and sanction all the depravity that humanity has to offer ? If as a society you want people to redefine a core concept of "marriage" then at what point does that definition stop ?
In the near future are you going to advocate that marriage be allowed amongst people, dogs, cats, computers, plants, etc as well ? Is there no such concept of perversion and boundaries that shall not be crossed in the social anarchy you want to impose on the rest of us ??

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Children are maturing faster these days. I don't know if is TV or just a natural evolvement. My daughter has a 9 year old daughter and a gay roommate. Her daughter asked "what is gay". We simply said when same sex is attracted to each other. That it is no different then when a girl is attracted to a boy. It is just the way they were made.

She said OK - and went outside to play.

Isnt that actually the whole problem in the first place!! To think that a mature adult can casually accept that a 9 year old girl has the understanding to analyze and fully consider what she is being told!

No, it NOT TV or natural "evolvement" but rather ADULTS who are forcing maturity upon young children at a faster more brutal pace than ever before in history primarily because they are increasingly incapable of dealing with children as children should be dealt with. They want to push the child out of the house as fast as possible and wash their hands off any responsibilities.
That is why you have 9 year old girls say "OKAY" to their introduction to homosexuality!

What would you answer if she were to ask you what was "necrophilia" or incest or pedophilia ? Would your answer be equally jovial ?? If it were, I'm sure she would say "OKAY" to that as well!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Double post...

Deleted

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Give it time and once Gay marriage become legal . . . then pet marriage (bestiality) will become legal . . . after that anything goes. The begging of the end.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowhere
Give it time and once Gay marriage become legal . . . then pet marriage (bestiality) will become legal . . . after that anything goes. The begging of the end.

Does anyone besides me get tired of the pathetic - - bestiality - - when "they" run out repetitive diatribe?

CONSENTING Adults.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Isnt that actually the whole problem in the first place!! To think that a mature adult can casually accept that a 9 year old girl has the understanding to analyze and fully consider what she is being told!

I taught my daughter to accept people.

She is doing the same with her daughter to accept people/beliefs etc who may be different then her.

You are looking for something wrong. There is nothing wrong.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join