It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Christianity, Why is Satan Evil, and God Good? What is Evil?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I do not have to prove anything to you. Life will show you. It is my hope that you do not find out too late. You can only chew one mouthful at a time.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by timtheyankee

I like your analogy. May I add... that he starts the company with stolen products from his former bosses warehouse.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You have one nature who needs bloodshed for sins....and one who doesnt. This is a great start right here to see where the dark nature dwells.

There is no 'two natures' of God. If you reject worshiping him, he does away with you. The only time we see any good coming from God is when we stroke his ego and kiss the very ground he walks on. It is only towards those that worship him that see good from him. He justifies his atrocities against people because they failed to worship him. That just disgusts me, he claims to be a loving and forgiving God, but the minute you stop kissing hairy buttocks, he does away with you, your not worth his love, your not worth forgiveness.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
reply to post by sirnex

I do not have to prove anything to you. Life will show you. It is my hope that you do not find out too late. You can only chew one mouthful at a time.

I disagree, your making quiet a bold claim there about Lucifer. You sit there and spread BS lies about him and kiss God's feet as if he is the only true good thing while he runs around and kills people. Are you blind or unable to read the bible, have you ever read the bible?

Lucifer has never been shown to do anything wrong except as defined by God alone for the acts of demanding equality and giving mankind knowledge of right and wrong, knowledge your so called loving God wished to keep from us, forbade us from obtaining. Punishment for obtaining that knowledge was banishment from Eden lest we also eat from the tree of life.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Ponder this: "Ashes to ashes and dust to dust."

Everyone must face that one day when they return to their creator.

You have not responded to all I have written, so here are some questions for you:

1) Why do people persecute other people?
2) What statues does Satan live by?
3) The truth will set you free, so what does a lie do?
4) When you argue, you seem to bring up what other Christians have done or said, but, never refer back to what Jesus did and said.
5) You claim that Lucifer told you, how did he do this, through what means?
6) What is Lucifer's aim and or agenda?
7) What has Lucifer promised you?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

1) Why do people persecute other people?

Read the bible, God clearly defines what we can do to others. Slavery being one, stoning being another.

2) What statues does Satan live by?

Equality, giving knowledge. Can you define any evil he has committed? I can't find a single reference other than bigoted lies against him.

3) The truth will set you free, so what does a lie do?

Good question! What was the reasoning behind God lying about the tree of knowledge?

4) When you argue, you seem to bring up what other Christians have done or said, but, never refer back to what Jesus did and said.

Jesus was a false prophet who preached against God's covenant with mankind.

5) You claim that Lucifer told you, how did he do this, through what means?

More bigoted christian BS lies. I never made this claim once online or offline.

6) What is Lucifer's aim and or agenda?

Lucifer demands respect and equality, this is somehow evil to you? Perhaps I should treat you inferior to me since your a woman and God tells us that women are inferior to men.

7) What has Lucifer promised you?

Lucifer promises nothing and demands nothing from us. Never is he quoted as demanding anything other than equality.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Read the bible, God clearly defines what we can do to others. Slavery being one, stoning being another.

So, can others do that to you? and Why, would you do that?

More bigoted christian BS lies. I never made this claim once online or offline.

Then, how do you know him?

Good question! What was the reasoning behind God lying about the tree of knowledge?

You are the one saying he lied, not me.

Equality, giving knowledge.

How, and or in what way has he given you knowledge? Did he write you a letter or send you a book, wire you? How did he impart this knowledge to you?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Siren]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Lucifer promises nothing and demands nothing from us. Never is he quoted as demanding anything other than equality.

What references do you have for this?

Jesus was a false prophet who preached against God's covenant with mankind.

What did Jesus say that was against the covenant?
Lucifer is the covenant breaker.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

What references do you have for this?

The entire bible. He never demands anything from us and never promises us anything.

What did Jesus say that was against the covenant?

Compare the two books.

Lucifer is the covenant breaker.

Honestly now, he hasn't *done* anything. He hasn't brought about a new religion. He hasn't demanded or asked you to worship him. He hasn't threatened to kill you if you don't.

You know what Siren, your so full of BS. You spread blatant bigoted lies against Lucifer and when asked for proof for those accusations against him you do nothing more than spread lies about me, and ask me a bunch of other questions in which I do answer.

Where has Lucifer done anything evil in the whole entire bible. Name just one thing, *just one* and define to me how that is evil.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

If you are knowledgeable of Christ then you know.
Helping others is good.
Harming others is evil.
Everything else is just Bible crap spun by Satan to make you feel guilty and
allow organized religion to have power over you and your wallet.

So if someone is hurting you, and I help this guy, I'm good and if I lock or kill him I am evil? Some biased bovine crap....

[edit on 28/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Where has Lucifer done anything evil in the whole entire bible. Name just one thing, *just one* and define to me how that is evil.

He has deceived you. You have misinterpreted things that you have not experienced first hand because you have sided with Lucifer. If you go after truth, you will find it.

Jesus came so that "we may have life and have it abundantly". God's promise is eternal life.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Are you making up your own scenarios, Satan is in opposition to God, and I am sure that loving Jesus and His way must be at the top of Satan's list. If you got your info from Satan you should know by now that he is "the father of lies".

There is a saying:

In the land of the blind, the one eye is king".

Have you ever read the bible? Satan is on God's payroll. Take Job for instance. God sends Satan to do evil against Job's family, hosehold and property to test him and the rest of us. Since you obviously don't remember the stories I'll quote:

Job 1:12 The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord."

And this one needs a bit of translation to see straight, Bileam with his two horns is tested by Satan also on God's command:

Numbers 22:22 "And God's anger was kindled because he (Bileam) went: So the angel of Jahveh went and stood in his way like a Satan. Now he was riding upon his donkey, and his two servants were with him."

And how David beggs God to send a satan to accuse and trial his enemy (also needs a little translation):

Psalms 109: 6 Appoint an evil man to oppose him; let a Satan stand at his right hand.

Fyi: The translations are in conjecture with the Hebrew text. Where itr might say oppose or accuse etc, Satan would in many cases be the Hebrew word/name it refers to in the Hebrew text. So I'm not making this up. Get an interlinear bible and a good dictionary, do a coarse in Hebrew alef-bet and start aquiring understanding from the inside out under the eyes of God, instead of simply believe what some uneducated pastor might mean or say.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Lucifer demands respect and equality, this is somehow evil to you? Perhaps I should treat you inferior to me since your a woman and God tells us that women are inferior to men.

You have no jurisdiction here. I am under Jesus Christ. Your statement does not sound equal imo. Without women, men would have no life. My God says that women are to be treated respectfully. Within the body of Christ all parts are given respect. The bible says that also.

I know in whom and why I believe.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

He has deceived you.

That statement is so full of bigoted lies. God is the one who lied, he told us we would die if we ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Lucifer told us the *truth*, that we would no die and we didn't die.

You have misinterpreted things that you have not experienced first hand because you have sided with Lucifer.

I can't misinterpret what is not shown to be. You still fail to show a single act of evil committed by Lucifer, you bigoted liar.

If you go after truth, you will find it.

Which is why it's a crying shame in how you denounce the truth and accept being in an abusive relationship with a genocidal maniac.

God's promise is eternal life.

BS! Hello, Eden... remember? We were thrown out of Eden so we *WOULD NOT* obtain immortality along with knowledge of God's tyranny.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

You have one nature who needs bloodshed for sins....and one who doesnt. This is a great start right here to see where the dark nature dwells.

There is no 'two natures' of God. If you reject worshiping him, he does away with you. The only time we see any good coming from God is when we stroke his ego and kiss the very ground he walks on. It is only towards those that worship him that see good from him. He justifies his atrocities against people because they failed to worship him. That just disgusts me, he claims to be a loving and forgiving God, but the minute you stop kissing hairy buttocks, he does away with you, your not worth his love, your not worth forgiveness.

Your right...God does not have two natures. But the God of the Bible does...shoiwng this is not Thee Most High, The Divine and Holy One. This is why natures MUST be discerned.

The God image that you are talking of is not God. Your disgust is rightfully so. The Divine Monad of all does not demand worship and is loving and forgiving. Again, the Bible does not hold true to God's true nature.

It kinda sounds like you were arguing back with me or debating something I said...not sure, maey I read that wrong.

There is a God, and Thee is the true source of all souls and the Holy Spirit. You dont have to spit out ALL things about the idea of 'God' though....just discern what is of the Spirit and the Flesh.

What I was saying about the 2 natures in the Bible teaches how to find the True image of God. This is why it is not all black and white, all the answers laying in our laps....because we are to discern between the two. It might say both natures are of God, but they are not.....one is of man (flesh) and one is of Spirit (God). How does man handle disagreements and anger and jealousy and pride....through killings and wars and stealing. Such human ways are not ways of the Spirit. We are to discern...this discernment will lead us to follow in Earthly ways or Spiritual ways. Many that follow the Bible as the word of God are still living in Earthly ways and have no idea this is what they do. Its still all OK....because God is that great....we will learn, we need the dark past so we have something to compare the 'better' to. We need these times in the past of following in Earthly ways so we can compare what is of spirit and flesh and find a difference between the two.

As much as we may know that these darker natures arent of God but of man....they are sooo needed for the future selves to learn from and discern from.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

For someone arguing about what God would not be...why do you use the Bible as a true source for info. Like the story of the Garden of Eden....read between the lines and dont take it so literal. Just because the stories of the Bible arent holding water....doesnt mean there is not a God.

The 'Satan' you keep supporting is only a image in the minds of carnal men. Discern from the flesh and the spirit and there you will know God. You really dont need a book to do this...but the Bible has both natures (even though it claims god being both natures). Just discern the two natures....find what is Holy and of Spirit.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If God, any God or group of Gods is the creator of everything, then everything man considered to be evil would be a direct causation of the act of creation. If the God of the bible is not the one true God and his defined meaning of evil is the defined meaning of evil as man defines it, then what is true evil? What does the real God say is true evil when we have no written word from the true God? How are we to be sure that his version of Evil is not the same as how we define evil? Perhaps our view of evil is skewed from a speciest angle. We don't consider it evil for an animal to kill another animal and yet us being an animal killing each other is somehow evil? Animals kill over territory, they don't peacefully coexist raping resources from each other.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Do you think that if you call me a bigot many times it will stick? If this is a discussion, discuss it. Why do you sound so angry?

Revelation 2:10
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Oh come on, you know damn well that is an accusatory verse, it does not show Lucifer doing anything at all only makes claim that he will so that you don't side with him against the tyrant God. Use your head for once. Find one verse that shows Lucifer doing something evil. Try genocide, God seems very fond of genocide himself. He did it almost right after creating us and he threatens to do it again. Such a loving little tyrant.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

After having studied the Bible in depth, it strikes me how God seems to be quite a Macciavellian. The result doing anything would justify any means leading to this. If God helped out Hitler in his Jewish genocide, because of some old promise to make up for his earlier genocides so to speak, to Hitler, being able to give the Jewish jobs and fortunes, enterprices, art and so on, down to the golden teeth, to indigenous Germans, the positive results for that people would justify the killing of millions of Jews. Well, to the Nazists that is....

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join