It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Christianity, Why is Satan Evil, and God Good? What is Evil?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
Consider that Satan is "the father of lies". What better lie than to have a book of God transformed into mainly lies? Twisting things around so that it makes God look like evil and Satan look like God. How do we know the God referred to in the Bible isn't actually Satan? Role reversal maybe?

I posted this awhile back,but yeah i agree with ya.

Satan's greatest trick was not making man believe in him. Satan's greatest trick was making man believe he is god. I believe the bible is the so called wool that has been pulled over peoples eyes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And all the satans go: "The Bible's our revenge! They will curse the one they send! They will all die in the end! While we swim around hellbent!"

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
god does some pretty evil things too. like he burned down that one city (i forget the name). anyway he burnt it down because people lost their faith. still thats no reason to burn down a whole city, thats evil.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Babel, Sodom, Gomorrah, Adma and Zebojjim, Jericho and all the other cities and peoples in Deuteronomy and Josshuah.... There's a bunch of cities God has been given the blame for having destroyed....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

And what is keeping this entire country from being destroyed? It's not as if we haven't asked for it.

We destroy cities and entire countries ourselves.

So what is the big deal about God doing that? Do the same people that hate God for doing this hate their own leaders that do these things? No they don't.
Not to the same degree.

No one lives forever. It's not as if those people would still be alive right now.

Learn from it and maybe it won't happen to us for the same reasons it happened to them.

I hope it's not too late, but I believe my hope is in vain. I just hope it is confined to our "leaders", both secular and religious because they got us into this mess, and the common people like us are left alone.

[edit on 22/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

And what is keeping this entire country from being destroyed? It's not as if we haven't asked for it.

Well, how about thinking "out of the box"?

Not all of us are Americans, you know lol. Everything is not about USA, allthough US of A believes so.... And it's not just God who destroys things, people, cities, nations, worlds... Mostly it's our leaders _we_ elect....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Not all of us are Americans, you know lol. Everything is not about USA, allthough US of A believes so....

Well, where are you from? Some loser country, I guess.

Mostly it's our leaders _we_ elect....

This is true. But we tolerate it. Or the majority does anyway. I havent voted since Reagan, and I got suckered. I dont like being forced to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, where are you from? Some loser country, I guess.

Yeah. We just gave Nobel Peace Prize to Obama. Guess we are kindof losers.... All respect to Obama, but I honestly think it was a bit early to hand him the "Saved the World" sticker....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Ye know not whom ye worship".

If people are not in touch with their God, then they do not know when He gives a warning. For example: Satan, will lead you to a spot where God has directed you not to go. Satan, will tell you the why you should, and how come and thus lay an erroneous guilt trip on you. Do not blame God for your being stubborn and stiff-necked.

What part do you think Satan played in the scenarios presented. Learn the difference.

Another point to consider, God instructed Lot (wife, family) to leave Sodom and Gommorah. The others did not serve Him, would not even heed Lot and wanted to have sex with the angels. If they do not belong to God, why didn't they ask their Satan to save them.

If you are not governed by truth, peace, love, charity, etc. Then who do you think you are following?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Siren]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ah, the siren!

Still, the wife of Lot, who turned away from the rest of her family, and was turned into a salt pillar can be witnessed in awe still today, while the ones who survived, Lot and his daughters, only did so to be a disgusting soar that never will heal. Their descendants were eradicated by Mosjeh (Moses) and Josvah (Joshuah), or was it really? God?

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Please remain on topic.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

[edit on 10/22/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Kindly note: there is no "the" in front of this Siren. There are now 2 Sirens because adding "the" constitutes a new screen name.

There has always been, always will be duality. It is the ebb and flow of life just like the ocean. Your response takes another turn from the one I originally addressed. Which can go on and on and on.

I will view the video now.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
There has always been, always will be duality.

Well, normally, me and my enemy agree on what to make out of things. It's more rational and works faster agreements. We have found that sharing what we know and what we feel, think and observe, makes the whole process of kn0wing simpler and more rational, and we all get extra time to reveal the hidden and noone should feel safe where he think he is -- safe -- simply because it's more fun and when we know. The "they" will suffer. And the "they" -- are our enemies. Simple and algoritmic....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by John Matrix
You never answered my question, I will ask you again.....please define what a mystic is?

If you don't know what a mystic is, look it up, it's in all the dictionaties and lexica. Within Judaism you have the Kabalism, within Islam you have Sufiism and so on, these traditions are often way older than religion and is often the very base of it. Do a Google search for "mysticism def", you should find a bunch of material.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

Never mind Neo Christian Mystic. I had a thought, but you have put an end to it. Your response is condescending since you assume that I do not know what a mystic is....in fact I do....and I doubt you are one.

Thanks anyway.

[edit on 22/10/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
[edit]Post deleted by user[/edit]

[edit on 23/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Consider that Satan is "the father of lies". What better lie than to have a book of God transformed into mainly lies? Twisting things around so that it makes God look like evil and Satan look like God. How do we know the God referred to in the Bible isn't actually Satan? Role reversal maybe?

For all intents and purposes, it appears that it is God whom is the father of lies. For starts, God created everything, including a capacity to lie. God is also the first liar as he lied to mankind in stating that eating the fruit would lead to his death, Lucifer was the bearer of light and truth in teaching us that eating of the fruit would not kill us, but it was God who would kill us for transgressing against his word. We can show many instances where God tells lies in the bible, but never is there a single passage of Lucifer lying, killing, committing genocides, raping virgins or anything we consider as being evil.

It could very well be that the God of the bible is the real evil entity, who knows?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Which was the main view of the gnostics, one of the earliest Christian movements. They said that the God of the bible was evil, well they thought everything he had created was in a sense, evil. Since the material world was evil to them, the creator of everything material would be the ultimate evil. Not that I agree, but I just thought it would be informative for some...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Yea, I don't personally understand how the material world is or can be viewed as inherently evil by some people. I think with all these differing views on what evil is we'll never understand what evil is. Certainly what Lucifer had done was not evil compared to that which the biblical God had done. I tend to think that anything that physically or mentally causes harm is evil or bad and so, with that reasoning, I view the biblical God is the ultimate evil character in all of human history.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Interrestingly enough, the Hebrew adjective discribing evil is Ra, with identical pronounciation as the Egyptian sungod Ra (some English speaking people use Re, which is totally absurd to me) and the Egyptian word for Sun. The adjective diascribing good, is Tob, which as a name refers to the mysterious Land of Tob mentioned in the book of Judges chapter 11:

"And it was so, that when the children of Ammon made war against Israel, the elders of Gilead went to fetch Jephthah out of the land of Tob."

The Ammonites were one of the two tribes to come out of Lot via his daughters. Guess they "got to hear it" back in grammarschool. In Hebrew Ammon means Tribe or Tribal from Am meaning Nation.

However, since I have already brought up how Ra is Evil in Hebrew, but at the same time the name of one of the most prominent Egyptian gods, Ammon in the same line as Tob (good) is quite interresting. For Ammon would be the name of another Egyptian deity and the meaning of the name is "The Hidden One", originally the god of wine and frutility, until the Pharao chose him as the main god of royalty and added Ra to his name, turning him in to a sungod. Ammon-Ra, "The Hidden Sun".

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by Lichter daraus

For all intents and purposes, it appears that it is God whom is the father of lies. For starts, God created everything, including a capacity to lie. God is also the first liar as he lied to mankind in stating that eating the fruit would lead to his death, Lucifer was the bearer of light and truth in teaching us that eating of the fruit would not kill us, but it was God who would kill us for transgressing against his word.

You can attempt to show God Lying, but you will be proven a liar yourself.

Keeping these things in mind, Genesis 2:17 says, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Note the phrases: "in the day" and "thou shalt surely die".
A lot of meaning gets lost in the translation to English.
The statement in Genesis means:

Your be as good as dead,
or
for in the day that you eat thereof your death penalty will begin.

The fact is something died that day. Sin separated us from God and we lost our originally created state. This is why there is a plan of redemption. We can be redeemed from our fallen state by the regeneration(rebirth)of our spirit.

So, God did not lie! He wasn't speaking figuratively.
In the day that Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, the death penalty began.
Because of our own sins (not Adam's or Eve's) we are all subject to that same death penalty.

But through God's grace and mercy he offers everyone redemption. All can receive the gift of eternal life and become partakers in the Divine nature.

That's one big fat lie of yours shot to hell.
I'll deal with one at a time.
Next?

[edit on 23/10/09 by John Matrix]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join