Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

In Christianity, Why is Satan Evil, and God Good? What is Evil?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Good and Evil are relative. what I am commisioned to do may seem evil to some, but its leading to a fine point of catastrophic proportions, abortions, retortions. retracts the facts, and make new stacks, just not paper, CHIPS, and dipped into a like a fire, come on, come one, my desire!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Satan will lie! God will only give you YOUR truth! and thats what each of you must seek, your own truth, whether it be christ, muhammed, ghandi, dhali lama, barack obama, the list goes on

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanuel

Give one example where Lucifer has told a lie.

I'm still having trouble with these bigoted lies against the guy.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

And talking about bigotry
, why do you use the name Lucifer? Lucifer is an astrological demi-god from the Greco-Roman pantheon. as a word "luciferus" or simply "lucifer" is translated morningstar, or planet Venus as it rise in the morning every 584th day in the East just before the Sun, so it is sometimes seen together with the Sun. As a name it should be read "(Roman) god of the morningstar".

The Devil, however, is not Gr Phosphoros, the Greek equivalent of Lucifer. It is Diablos. Satan was named Sataniel and ultimately Samael back when he was a Cherubim and Arch Angel. These days he works as God's atteurney and head of trials, where he investigates and accuse people who are accused of breaking God's covenants. And he will unfortunately loose his job now that technology takes over. Samael is a lucifer and to many The Lucifer, but when I write in Latin the greatest words I can find to discribe Jesju, Luciferus Filii Dei is the highest.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

simply "lucifer" is translated morningstar,

The bible makes numerous references describing Satan *whom goes by many other names* as being just that; The morning star, the bearer of light; describing the very concept of the name Lucifer.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

There are many mythologies and religions with stories of heroes similar to Jesju, but I would never call him Osiris, Krsna or Promethevs for that reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The god who resembles the biblical Satan the most would be Gr. Zeus or Lat. Jupiter. The Book of Revelation refers to Pergamon as the throne of Satan. At the hill overlooking Pergamon is a Zeus temple built as a blueprint of the Solomonian Temple. Zeus sentanced Prometeus to somethiing similar to crusifiction for having brought salvation (fire/light/knowledge) to common men and women which would fit both Pythagoras and Jesju.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, why not? Considering the monotheistic religion essentially stole most of every story from other religion and rewrote them slightly to call their own.

The god who resembles the biblical Satan the most would be Gr. Zeus or Lat. Jupiter. The Book of Revelation refers to Pergamon as the throne of Satan. At the hill overlooking Pergamon is a Zeus temple built as a blueprint of the Solomonian Temple. Zeus sentanced Prometeus to somethiing similar to crusifiction for having brought salvation (fire/light/knowledge) to common men and women which would fit both Pythagoras and Jesju.

Resembles Zeus? Don't you mean Satan resembles Prometheus? He didn't punish himself for dispensing knowledge to mankind.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Resembles Zeus? Don't you mean Satan resembles Prometheus? He didn't punish himself for dispensing knowledge to mankind.

Oh, yes, the prototype for Satan is OBviously Zeus in my opinion. The Greek Bel god of heaven, the competing morningstar to Venus - Jupiter together with Saturn and Mars showing hexagonal 666 patterns in conjunction with eachother and with the Sun, while Lucifer and Venus would be symbolic of the Creator and His Son in that it together with the Earth and the Sun draws a pentagonal golden phi patterns recognisable in all life, the universe and so on.

Samael fell from heaven after he stole "the Spark of Heaven" from Adam, which Raziel by God's command had given Adam after Lilith, a slave of Samael, had found an opening in the Law, allowing Man to aquire divine knowledge, if she sacrificed her offspring to be adopted or aborted. Sad story, how great her soul is in Heaven!

[edit on 1/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wow... I have never heard of anything like this before in my life. Where do you get all that information from?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Look up the Zohar and related Kabalistic entries to Jewish mysticism. Also study the Talmud and get inside the tent of the Oral Torah, probably the greatest resource of ancient wisdom the Bible (which is actually a seminal work of Judaism, like a compendium or synopsis of their total library). Satan was Samael before he became Sataniel and ended up as Satan, since he refuted God as his father (El would be his Family Name).

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Simple, to TEST your faith and through the good and the bad in our lives we learn to trust His Word and personal leading. Now notice I said, personal leading . If one has a one on one, everyday, talking and listening to the Creator, kind of relationship then you would understand His great love and mercy that he has given us to help fight against the enemy, and believe me satan is as Peter said, He is a roaring lion out to devour all mankind, not just believers

Peace.
Grandma

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by CHA0S

Simple, to TEST your faith and through the good and the bad in our lives we learn to trust His Word and personal leading. Now notice I said, personal leading . If one has a one on one, everyday, talking and listening to the Creator, kind of relationship then you would understand His great love and mercy that he has given us to help fight against the enemy, and believe me satan is as Peter said, He is a roaring lion out to devour all mankind, not just believers

Peace.
Grandma

Crappery crap crap. Satan has not been shown to do any of the thing's God has admitted to doing. Bigoted BS lies against Satan for what purpose? Just so God doesn't punish you? Seriously folks, since when was tyrannical genocide worthy of worship? Saddam was really a good guy?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
When you come to think of it, Satan didn't ask for much and he didn't make his riddles too difficult. The seance where Jesju is taken in Satan's custody and tested after having walked and fasted long (40: fourty in Shemittic tradition means many, Moses didn't walk 40 years in the desert. Ali Baba didn't have fourty thieves, Jesju didn't faste for fourty days). All he wanted was a bit of humiliation. I'd make a frekking musical for the dude. Jesju basically gave him the world. How can Satan make up for that one? Who among the gods can give the greatest gift? But 40 is a human generation in years. Calculated as 1/3rd of the species' potential lifespan. It's frutility age according to it's cycle. In human world, woman is connected to Jupiter (12 years, menstruation), the menstruation cycle (the moon, 13 months in a solar year) and at 40 or so woman can no longer produce healthy offspring. How dark it may sound. Though many healthy kids have been born way after this, Sara would be as old as me granny!

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Satan is rather the higher power than God, and is just using God as an example to show certain of you the true side about God.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Saddam was really a good guy?

No, but he died with dignity, few people can do that. No fear at all while the rope was hanging around his neck. That should tell you something about the character of each individual. Few people have strong character.

Saddam in the end he thought he did the right thing, bad in other people's view good in his own perception and in some other few people.

Same for god and what is his name ? Stan, I can't get his name right.
Flip things around and they seem right from an angle and bad from another angle.

The white hair dude and the double horn guy is just mithology, as religion describes them, they do exist but not like described I think. There is good an there is bad, good force and bad force at work, that I'm sure of.

The point is sometimes good seems bad and bad seems good viewed from diferent corners, but in esence good is creativity and bad is exposure and demolition. United States did some good by taking out Sadam while killing a whole bunch of kids, women and old people?

Viewed from difrent angles it's all good all bad and good & bad.

Good aspects:
Something that creates the universe has alot of creativity of building things, since the universe is infinite I'll say that this entity named god has alot of creativity, that is always positive aspect, it's goooooood!!!

Bad aspects:
Creativity can do bad things, you can create a big gun and with one pull of the triger you can kill all. Very bad.

Esence:
God did not create guns or objects to harm directly when being used.

Truth:
People twisted thigs around and used energy to kill milions at the single push of the buton by nuclear warfare.Nuclear power can kill or it can serve, the esence is what you do with something, not what that somthing is.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Esence:
God did not create guns or objects to harm directly when being used.

God using guns? Hell no, he'll just use God's Finger, which is to be interpreted as a ray of light that can cut letters into rocks (in the story of Mosjeh in Ex 31:18) and destroy great towers (in the story of the Tower of Babel in Ge 11). A Powerful Laser anyone?

[edit on 16/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think Satan is best personified in all the rubbish rationalizations that I have heard freely spout for the mouths of zealous Christians, attempting 'personal Work' for the benefit of their churches over the years; when answers to questions cannot be logically satisfied.....if you don't know, don't pretend you do!!!

This is the most DIABOLICAL and BLASPHEMOUS thing within their own doctrines; to be playing GOD, with people that are searching for answers.
There is nothing more EVIL than the lie perpetuated en-mass.

That is truly SATANIC........

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
There is nothing more EVIL than the lie perpetuated en-mass.

Napoleon Bonaparte once said that "History is the lies we have agreed uppon". History is basically war and conspiracies where the History is always dictated by the winning part. If nazis had written about the war, it would stay in contrast to what we learn in school.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Consider the following: The Earth has been criminally occupied by an alien species. Humankind has been manipulated, enslaved, worked to death, and effectively divided and "conquered" again and again - throughout history. The unwelcome alien species has used the concept of "God" as a tool, a tool to control humankind. Consider further that the concept of "Satan" is the INDIVIDUAL human (not just a single entity, but representative of multiple individual humans) who - perhaps rarely - stand up to the manipulation, enslavement, etc. etc. The alien species, technologically superior, have manipulated our own history, our own stories, our own legacy, in an effort to command and conquer.

But why? Consider that the soul of a living being is also a "fuel source". Consider that a complex alien species seeks to justify its own selfish consumption of the souls of living beings in existence by observing those same beings engage in war and mass tragedies of the human existence over its own pursuit of "fuel" (i.e., oil, resources, etc.)

What can we do about this? Do NOT give up the fight. Emancipation of the Earth is the TRUE quest - the Holy Grail of the Good.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join