It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Government shows its True Colours

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Israel is very hated in this forum and he US in general. I personnally don't understand why all the hate.

Wow... have you really missed all this stuff about war crimes, cluster-bombing towns full of innocent people.... ?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I see a nation defending itself from those that attack it with unguided missiles and suicide (sp) bombers.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by john124

Say someone kills 10 people; you don't think justice is served until someone points a finger at a man who killed 1 person too?

Israel is obviously the bigger issue when it comes to war crimes, indiscriminate killing, murder.

Not unless you prefer to be biased on the issue. Are you suggesting the UN should be biased? You're just proving that the average Israel-hater is too biased to provide an objective opinion.

For your simple example, it does not serve justice.

For the reality of the gazan war, the situation is obviously more complicated. Try elaborating if it's not too difficult to at least an analogy where someone shoots at your town using simple rockets that may often miss whilst intending to kill every single time. Of course these rockets destroy infrastructure most of the time, so it's not really missing!

Do you wait until 100 people have been killed before you initiate retaliation, or do you retaliate now to prevent that from happening. Do you use more modern weapons to quicken the job, or mess around with sub-standard rockets as a retaliation? Which one saves more Israeli lives!? It's quite a simple concept, along with the other basic concept of human shields used by hamas, that the ATS hate mobs deny over and over again.

War just isn't supposed to be fair. If anyone wants fair, then don't provoke a war, simple as that.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wouldu
All said and done, those who stand against israel will be judged

... as truth seekers and hero's of peace!

Those who stand with Israel are going straight to hell! Do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200!

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Its not a question of warmongering but rather a question of understanding that there are some fights you cannot walk away from. War is to be avoided when possible, but when your very existence is threatened and there is no choice but to fight then you must fight not just to win but to devestate, to totally destroy the enemies ability to kill your own troops or civilians. The job of the military is to make the very thought of attacking you so terrorizing as to make it something to ve avoided at all cost. This is what war is. Ask any soldier and he will be glad to tell you that his life and the life of those men in his unit are worth far more to him than those trying to kill them. War is not the place to go looking for moral and ethical truths; war blurs those lines sometimes daily. You dont announce yourself you ambush, you attack from the back, you use every sneaky trick you can think of to kill him so he cannot kill you. If you have a mortar site zeroed in on your towns or your hospital or even just the men in your squad and that site is situated in a housing complex then you do your best to minimize the damage to or the possible death to civilians but you take out that mortar site. THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPECIFILLY TARGETING CIVILIANS. While 99% of all soldiers will do their best to act honorable when it comes to pivate citizens and will treat them repectfully, as within society itself you will have those whos actions are not so noble or honest. The test is not if you have them but what you do when you find them. Both Isreal and the US have both avidly prosecuted those it find guilty of misconduct. I guess all this brings us down to the basic premise. As a civilized and honorable nation of the world

Isreal does not and has not called for any arab state to be wipe from the earth.

Israel does not and has not had a policy of specificilly targeting civilians .

Israel as a nation and a people do not condone or sustain a policy of havings it women and children strap bombs to themselves and then go and target other women and children.

Isreal's soldiers do not place their rocket launchers in civilian areas because they know the other side does not willingly wish to kill civilians.\

The Arabs living in Israel have more rights under Israeli law than they do in their own countries.

At one time Israel ceded the west bank, the gaza strip, half the city of Jerusulam, and control of all the holy sites to Yasser Arraphat, he walked away.

After looking at the overall record it is apparent to any reasoned free man that Israel holds the high ground and has proven itself to be worthy of our support and friendship.
The Palestinians, Hamas, Hezbolla, the gov. of Iran, have shown us nothing but a disregard of basic human rights, a repressive govenment , a total absent of moral or ethical policy or behavior, and a threat to the stability of the region as welll as to other nations of the world.
It is well past time that Israel inflict upon the middle east a war which will not soon be forgotten. the time is past for reasoned measured reponses. It is time to utterly demolish the putrid refugee camp that houses the arab refugees kicked out by Jordan and Iraq, and Syria.
It is time to destroy the ability of Iran to produce even the basic infrastucture of a nuclear program.

IT IS TIME THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GOT BEHIND ISRAEL AND SUPPORT THEM IN THESE ENDEVORS. \
IT IS TIME TO SHOW THE REST REST OF THE WORLD WHAT IT MEANS TO BE CONSIDERED A NATION WORTHY OF BE BEING CALLED ALLY AND FRIEND TO THE US.
IS TIME TO DO WHAT MUST BE DONE.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Respectively kind sir, you live in a fantasy world of fairy floss and unicorns!

... and shouting your words doesn't make it any less so!

IRM

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by bsbray11

I see a nation defending itself from those that attack it with unguided missiles and suicide (sp) bombers.

Well that is why I can't understand your obvious pro-Israel bigotry. When they kill Palestinians 10 to 1 and you think that is just, and to call the Israelis out on it is "hatred," then there is something wrong with you.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Those who stand with Israel are going straight to hell! Do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200!

IRM

Hmmm.. I think I'm starting to realize where all this bigotry and hatred is really stemming from.....

[edit on 17-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I had posted this on another thread just earlier
"I was going to make a thread on the report earlier today, but jeesh I'm still reading it, I guess I'm a slow reader I'm on page 375 of the report.

Yes, I am reading it all and YES you should too before anyone starts in with well they we defending "blah blah puke" READ the report.

I almost responded to another thread about somewhat of this today but mainly how Israel was pulling out of peace talks and such and I didn't want to jump the gun about the report.

" I cut in to say this thread "

Till I read most of it. Yes what I read so far is most of it and it is very sad of what happened. It's sad that things happened to people and these freaking "arrrgle baaargle" can say well look what happened to us almost a life time ago yet don't look at what we are doing now.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN LET THE MISSION IN TO THE COUNTRY TO DO THEIR INVESTIGATION , what does that say
1.they are making it up or
B. they are trying to hide what was going on and
after reading I choose B.

Sorry I'm so angry, read the report and then make your minds up before you jump on the Israel is innocent wagon, YES BOTH PARTIES HAVE DONE SHTUFF, but what israel has done was ... just read the report

Now after saying that I still see alot of replys that say well the report is wrong and blah blah no I never even touched it cause I know all righ and mighty that ______ Just read it before you post stop pretending your all that and read it
at least have some ammo for your argument beside's the same crap that was scrapped form the bottom of a barrel

READ the REPORT

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm not gonna read 8 pages, but on topic Israel have been doing this for along time, they have been condemned many times, and they have received many vetoes from the American part, to keep them safe while they continue their biblical vision of occupying the whole land of Israel as it was 2000 years ago, destroying anything which comes in their way, literally, they bulldoze them

That being said, this won't change much, America will make sure Israel is safe from all prosecution, if people think other wise then you are tooo optimistic, is it wrong? No, but you are going against 40 years of historical loop hole.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
Time and time again I have seen threads like this go down the plug hole because people like you shout ANTI-SEMITIC and engage in moronic name calling that is completely illogical.

Its amazing how quiet threads about Israel are when the trolls can't come along and accuse you of being Anti-semitic. Nothing kills a troll like cold hard facts!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

reply to post by john124

Say someone kills 10 people; you don't think justice is served until someone points a finger at a man who killed 1 person too?

Israel is obviously the bigger issue when it comes to war crimes, indiscriminate killing, murder.

Do you wait until 100 people have been killed before you initiate retaliation, or do you retaliate now to prevent that from happening. Do you use more modern weapons to quicken the job, or mess around with sub-standard rockets as a retaliation? Which one saves more Israeli lives!? It's quite a simple concept, along with the other basic concept of human shields used by hamas, that the ATS hate mobs deny over and over again.

War just isn't supposed to be fair. If anyone wants fair, then don't provoke a war, simple as that.

Or do you look at the cause of the conflict see why the conflict is there and work on a solution? Seems like you are saying the palestinians provoked the war and got everything they deserved? As for ATS hate mobs maybe you should go back and read some of your own posts!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by nepafogo

It is time to destroy the ability of Iran to produce even the basic infrastucture of a nuclear program.

IT IS TIME THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GOT BEHIND ISRAEL AND SUPPORT THEM IN THESE ENDEVORS. \
IT IS TIME TO SHOW THE REST REST OF THE WORLD WHAT IT MEANS TO BE CONSIDERED A NATION WORTHY OF BE BEING CALLED ALLY AND FRIEND TO THE US.
IS TIME TO DO WHAT MUST BE DONE.

So its ok for war criminals to have nukes but not Iran

You want to be considered an ally of USA, then why are so many mossad spies active in USA. It is not normal to spy on your friends.

Israel on a self destruct mission. Dont say you weren't warned when the squealing starts.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Time and time again I have seen threads like this go down the plug hole because people like you shout ANTI-SEMITIC and engage in moronic name calling that is completely illogical.

Its amazing how quiet threads about Israel are when the trolls can't come along and accuse you of being Anti-semitic. Nothing kills a troll like cold hard facts!

Sorry Slayer its early here, I dont get what your trying to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

So its ok for war criminals to have nukes but not Iran

You want to be considered an ally of USA, then why are so many mossad spies active in USA. It is not normal to spy on your friends.

Israel on a self destruct mission. Dont say you weren't warned when the squealing starts.

LOL finally we can officially call them terrorists

Terrorizing the Palestinians is as much terrorism as terrorizing Americans, we are all humans, I think, unless M.I.B actually exists

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

He is saying your statements go in two separate directions.

But that doesn't matter because they are two separate statements.

threads like this go down the plug hole because people like you shout ANTI-SEMITIC

then you said:

Its amazing how quiet threads about Israel... Nothing kills a troll like cold hard facts!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Richard Goldstone, the author of the report, said the draft resolution saddened him, “as as it includes only allegations against Israel. There is not a single phrase condemning Hamas, as we have done in the report”.

Even the author is saddened by this - Israel has been treated unfairly, and all day anti-Israel comments have filled this thread, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It was not a fair resolution, and Hamas hasn't been appropriately blamed yet.

ATS hate mobs show true colours should be the accurate title of this thread!

I would suggest that your mob is little more a handful of people. Yes Hamas should be investigated thoroughly as well! I fully agree with you there. However that being said it does not change the fact that the Israeli Government refuses to accept that atrocities were committed. I ask you is this right?? As for been treated unfairly I think the civilians on both sides are the ones been treated unfairly. They are all caught up in a never ending cycle of destruction with no end in sight.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by kcfusion

He is saying your statements go in two separate directions.

But that doesn't matter because they are two separate statements.

threads like this go down the plug hole because people like you shout ANTI-SEMITIC

then you said:

Its amazing how quiet threads about Israel... Nothing kills a troll like cold hard facts!

Ah ok! Thanks! Yes they were both said at different times. The second statement there was when the thread was quiet which surprised me because I was sure I would be subjected to various personal attacks and people attacking each other.

The first statement was when the thread started going the way of what I described above. It is very hard to keep control when dealing with blind emotional logic.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

IRM

Hmmm.. I think I'm starting to realize where all this bigotry and hatred is really stemming from.....

Could you be anymore selective with your quote. So... In true hypocritical Israeli tradition... You failed to acknowledge that your side slung the mud first! see below

Originally posted by wouldu
All said and done, those who stand against israel will be judged

There's your real hatred! Stemming originally from the Israeli crowd! I merely repeated his sentiments back to him... but as usual, you cry babies cannot take what you give. Hypocrites!

I think I just regurgitated in my mouth!

IRM

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

IRM

So,anyone who supports Israel is going to hell?
This is why I added you to my foe/prayer list.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Does any of the Israel haters realise that at all:

The assembly lacks the power to force any war crimes prosecutions without the support of the UN Security Council, and the US has already used its power of veto many times in the past to protect Israel from similar sanction.

The resolution makes no mention of Palestinian violence against Israelis, such as the eight years of rocket attacks from Gaza against southern border communities.

Goldstone - the author of the report was saddened by the bias of the draft resolution.

This biased draft resolution is a farce that will never be supported by the UN security council. This will rightfully be vetoed!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by john124]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join