It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Government shows its True Colours

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

What hole are you living in, seriously?
You don't sound very mature right now!

It's a regular news feature that Israel is threatening to invade any number of neighboring Muslim countries. I guess you only pop your head out of the sand on occasion to read us a Bible verse, then right back it goes?

What news agency are you referring to?

You are a zealot no different than a Muslim jihadist. Put your toilet paper book down and look at the hundreds of REAL people that are being murdered. Or even read your own ten commandments again and see if it says anything in there about killing people being a sin, because I'm pretty damned sure that it does.

You really don't sound like a mature adult at all,notice,I never used foul
language while posting.

Actually there is no foul language in the post that I can see. Please stay on topic. Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by bsbray11

I will repeat slowly,people who use foul language are PROVING they
lack character and maturity.

That could be one reason, or it could have to do with being emotionally attached to a subject, people also use foul language out of frustration etc this is no proof of anything you are just ASSUMING! Also please see previous post. I do not see any foul language been used. Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
There are 100 times (literally) more injuries caused each year by vehicle accidents in Isreal than by these rockets. And this was at it's peak!

Only because towns like Sderot have the infrastructure to protect civilians, like bomb shelters and early warning systems.

To underplay the damage inflicted on those people, physical and psychological, is disingenuous in the extreme.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Abbby

Sorry again,God gave Israel that land,they lost it and now they have it
back again.Nice try,better luck next time.

So God condones the Israeli Government killing innocent women and children all for a piece of land, on a tiny planet, which is a spec of dust compared to all the planets in this universe! Please tell me why you joined a site whose motto is Deny Ignorance!?
Please........ That kind of God you can keep my friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
There are 100 times (literally) more injuries caused each year by vehicle accidents in Isreal than by these rockets. And this was at it's peak!

Only because towns like Sderot have the infrastructure to protect civilians, like bomb shelters and early warning systems.

To underplay the damage inflicted on those people, physical and psychological, is disingenuous in the extreme.

I forgot about the double standard for a moment there - stating facts about Jewish citizens being disingenuous?

Allow me to clarify my point. All human beings are equal. One Jew aint worth any more than one Palestinian and visa versa. Abhorrently I feel many Jews believe this not to be true.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
reply to post by mamabeth

Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been putting together a religious book about how God wants you to give me all of your belongings. He told me. So cough it up.
In my book, I also prophesize that you won't think I'm telling the truth. But my book also says that since you don't believe me, you're a sinner and going to Hell.

That would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary...

Scary because that thought process actually controls our foreign policy...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Abbby

Sorry,The land belongs to Israel.Israel doesn't try to wipe their enemies
off the globe.
Psalms 83:3-5 King James Version
They have taken crafty counsel against Thy people,and consulted against
Thy hidden ones.
They have said,Come,and let us cut them off from being a nation;that
the name of Israel may be no more in rememberance.
For they have consulted together with one consent:they are confederate
against Thee:
Does this sound familiar?

That is totally and completely besides the point, reciting the bible about this is exactly the same as reciting the koran, and somehow i'm guessing you won't listen to that.... Eh?

If your argument is valid then so is this:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster commands Israel to give back all the land it stole from the Palestines now.
His Saucyness has spoken.

RAMEN

So you see, I am right because some invisible entity I believe in has told me so

Does this make sense to you mamabeth?
Or is the bible old, and that gives it validity over some other invisible entities?

Allow me to remind you that there are a lot of religions to choose from and that just because you have made a choice about yours doesn't make you right in any way.
It's a reason it's called a belief and not a know.....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

No, mamabeth is so frightened by those words that I said "damn" about 3 or 4 posts ago and she is still complaining about it.

Still no sympathy for what is being done to Palestinians, though. Nothing I couldn't expect honestly. This is your modern world.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Watch the BBC interview with Col.Richard Kemp on the topic of Israels
"war crimes".I dare you all to watch it,but I doubt that you will.You people,
don't want the truth,you only want your concept of the truth.

The Hamas have been trained by, Iran and the Hezbollah, to fight among
the population and use civilians as shields.
The IDF gave notice,using leaflets and phone calls,they were attacking.
They,IDF,also allowed aide to Gaza.Would the Hamas have done that?
We know that the answer is no!

I'm not wasting any more time on this thread.Quite a few of you are too
blind to see the truth.
I got my information from IBA news from Israel and you tube.BYE!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

blind to see the truth.

I got my information from IBA news from Israel

Oh... the irony!

IRM

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

blind to see the truth.

Excuse me but your ignorance astounds me!!! I have stated already that Hamas is inexcusable in their actions. However you of course are blind to the UN report. Oh of course you know more about what happened than an investigation into the atrocities of Israels Government by the UN!! And your answer to the fact that white phosphorous was used is........??? By the way not youtube but facts from the UN council! Idiot!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Back on topic (and back in the world of human beings) can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what "peace process" is being endangered by the UNHRC vote?

I didn't know there was a peace process. Last time I checked Abbas was refusing to re-enter negotiations?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

blind to see the truth.

Give us a link to the interview. I'll watch it.

Hamas may be trained like that, but who trained the IDF to shoot pregnant women and children ?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Using foul language shows lack of character and maturity.

Using white phosphur to murder women and children shows a lack of morals and brutality

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Colonel Richard Kemp addresses the UNHRC on behalf of UN Watch:

So either he's lying, or he doesn't know what he's talking about, OR this whole thing is a sham and a political attack against Israel from it's enemies.

Interested to hear which you think is the case.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

blind to see the truth.

So you got this information from Israel? That explains why it's so incredibly lopsided and wrong, doesn't it?

You want to go over the stats again, of events like a Palestinian terrorist shooting a rocket at Israel, and then Israel bombing a residential area and killing 800 people in response? We can look at case after case.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well where do you suggest people get information about Israel from for crying out loud?

If I wanted to find out what was going on in the States I would look at a US newspaper.

If I wanted to find out what was going on in Russia I'd look at a Russian newspaper.

But with Israel it's different right, because they're all liars? Is that the assumption you're making here?

Would you prefer people trusted Palestinian websites? Because Hamas and Fatah have SUCH a good reputation for operating an open and free press right?

Or maybe we should all trust websites operated by people that don't even live in Israel or the disputed territories but get all their news second, third hand?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well where do you suggest people get information about Israel from for crying out loud?

If I wanted to find out what was going on in the States I would look at a US newspaper.

That would be an equally bad idea, seriously.

The mass media is a military asset. If you want to really have a fair look at ANYTHING you have to go to independent media sources, grassroots reporting, things like that. The mass media is ALWAYS trying to SELL YOU SOMETHING! Whether it's the Iraq War or a ShamWow, someone is making money from everything you see on mainstream TV or there would not be the funding to put it there in the first place!

If I wanted to find out what was going on in Russia I'd look at a Russian newspaper.

Like Pravda? Again, not the best idea to turn to mass media when you want to blindly accept something as fact, unless you like being lied to habitually.

But with Israel it's different right, because they're all liars? Is that the assumption you're making here?

Obviously not, as I'm sure you can tell by now...

Would you prefer people trusted Palestinian websites? Because Hamas and Fatah have SUCH a good reputation for operating an open and free press right?

I already have no trouble gathering information about what Israel does to Palestine. It's not as if the whole world isn't already watching them anyway. It's hard to miss bombing 800 people to death after all, after a single rocket is fired at Israel.

Or maybe we should all trust websites operated by people that don't even live in Israel or the disputed territories but get all their news second, third hand?

Maybe you can take a 10 minute break to reflect on what I'm saying before you respond to me with another knee-jerk post to endorse more ignorant ideas?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Unlike some people, it seems, I am capable of taking in information from a news source and compensating for the writer's inherent bias. JPost for example tends to have a slightly right wing / pro-authority stance as far as I can tell, whereas Haaretz tends to be slightly more to the left of Israeli politics.

I even read PressTV on occasions to see what's going on in Iran. Government controlled, biased as hell, but provided I understand that before reading I can make allowances. Then I can cross-check that with, say, BBC news or JPost and form my own opinion.

Perhaps you could share some of these balanced, agenda free news sources that you've managed to find? I'd love to read them, really. I assume they feature both sides of the argument, give both a pro-Israel and a pro-Palestinian perspective, and allow the reader to make their own mind up on important issues?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Unlike some people, it seems, I am capable of taking in information from a news source and compensating for the writer's inherent bias.

You must have a lot of faith in yourself, be a psychological genius, to think you're already one-up on military psychological tactics. Where did you acquire your expertise?

A lot of the time, just paying attention to any news story is already damage done. Because realistically a lot of what's in the news isn't even news-worthy and is only there to stir a certain sentiment in you.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join