It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I hesitated to write this - as I'm not at all sure what it is I am hearing.
I have gotten up 3 times in the last month to see what is flying over us -
nothing there. Last night was one of the nights. I am in Southern Ca.
It isn't a shaking - it's a loud rumbling -
like a helicopter, jet that is too close or a large truck.
It doesn't happen during the day - only at night.
Just putting it out there.
It is likely not what you are all experiencing there -
but it is strange and unusual for here.

I am so happy to see this post! I live in Southern California. About 2 months ago my entire family was awaken by a horrible sound. I thought it was an earthquake at first then realized the earth was not shaking. The sound was so loud like something I have never heard. It was a cross between the sound of an Earthquake, A Jet, Heavy Wind, and a large Explosion. The following day I spoke to about 5 people in a 8 mile radius that heard the same excact sound. It was so scary sounding it affected several people to the point they had trouble sleeping at night since the incident. I work in Law Enforcement and spoke to two friends whom heard the same noise and both were very concerned about it. The local newspaper/tv never reported anything about it. I was so happy to see I am not the only one hearing noises on the West Coast!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

I'm also in S.W Iowa and over the past few weeks have heard an intermittent low frequency noise that I can't pinpoint the source of.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I live in Tacoma, Wa, very very close to Fort Lewis (Army) and McChord Air Force Bases. We hear loud booms and feel vibrations throughout the year from drills and tests they perform and the military usually notifies the local media to avoid any alarm.

On Saturday night (10/10) around 7-8pm, I heard many loud booms and felt "thunder-like" noises/vibrations. It almost sounded as if there was a professional fireworks show going on in the skies above. My whole family just stopped talking and stared blankly at each other as this went on. It lasted no more than 15 mins but nobody in the room recalled hearing an announcement on the local news. Then again, we could have just missed it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
ok ive uploaded it onto ATS media.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this works

Dont forget to block out the slow voices (listen for background noises)

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Muckster]

The youtube video of the sound is very interesting.

The last part of your recording (3/4 to the end) is truly strange, almost voice like?

Great work Muckster.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I live in Auburn Washington and a few neighbors and myself can feel light vibrations lasting for a few seconds. It's been off and on for months, we thought it was just us because none of the other neighbors say they can feel it. I hope Mt. Rainer isn't waking up, on a side note we have a dam thats slowly starting to fail so I really hope it doesn't ramp up around here.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnSmit
projectcamelot.org...

Not sure of validity, but found it while researching this...

I never saw that before, thanks for sharing the link. It definitely makes you wonder, what truly is going on with the world? Who knows other than the elite...?

On topic, I think this is pretty interesting and should be continued to be in question until an answer that sizes up to these sounds is given to us all. But, I doubt that will ever happen.

Maybe it is something as simple as some sort of aircraft, or, maybe it's something more. We here on ATS would rather think the latter, including myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I live in s helens, Oregon and couple of years ago there was a loud roar like jet aircraft overhead only the roar lasted for almost 20 minutes. People shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. One guy I know even went so far to explain that it was a refueling plane but I'm not so sure as he didn't acually see anything. I just know that there are stars that behave funny and alot of mysterious lights flying around at night in odd formations. I even got a skeptic to acknowledge something wierd one night as we seemed to be in a flap that lasted about 3 weeks. At any rate, the Pac Northwest is an interesting place and needs to be watched bit more thoroughly by ufo hunters.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
I remember living on an AF base in high school and not far from my house (2 miles?) they would tie the jets down, full throttle and off/on the afterburner...wow was that something, you couldn't hear your self think and you felt like your chest was going to explode (if you were closer).

Sounds kinda like that as the above poster noted, but it would have to be stationary or just engine testing. I think if it was flying over the area the sound would be moving around more.

I have lived on Air Force bases for 6 years (and always about a mile or so from the flightline) and the 2nd video that was linked www.youtube.com...
sounds like when they do engine runs, as you described.

I have to admit, if I heard whatever the sounds people are hearing, I would not even think about it - I'm so used to hearing these type of sounds (jets). Even in Alaska, we would get earthquakes almost every week. They always sounded like rumbles or huge booms. I never got used to that. And the sound would come from all around - not just below. Now that I do not live on a base - the silence is deafening.

The first video "strange sounds #3, if that is what people are hearing - I have no flippn clue. Doesn't sound like anything I ever heard while living on AF bases.

I'm with the side that believes it is testing of some jet. Reason no one sees it, because its just too fast....and sound is heard after the fact. I'm sure other reports are actually earthquakes. After the ones I experienced in Alaska, some of the reports sound like this.

Great thread - has my interest, for sure!

[edit on October 13th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There's one thing I recently thought of posting. I used to live in Hawaii - for five years or so, and lived one year out in the middle of the rain forest. Occasionally, at around two or three AM when pretty much the entire neighborhood was asleep I would hear what sounded like chanting coming from somewhere towards the ocean. Never really did put much thought to it, except it got creepy at times. I listened to the Weird Sounds video, and those noises sounded almost exactly like the chanting.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in Beaverton Oregon, about a month? ago there were loud booming sounds at about 10:30 at night, sounded to me like a huge fireworks show going on somewhere with alot of mortors being shot off. I went outside and tried to pinpoint where it was coming from but couldnt. It seemed to be coming from all over. It was kind of scary because it didnt really sound like any fireworks show id ever been at. In the end i realized it was coming from down below the ground which freaked me out. It was shaking the glasses in our house everytime the boom happened. i remember i told my wife this must be what its like when those machines from war of the worlds starts walking around. It went away quickly, lasted about 15 minutes but it was really wierd and i havent forgotten it. I saw this thread and now it makes sense.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by saltlick]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ljib777

Please don't use this forum as a means to convert people especially when it is attached to some unknown natural or unnatural event. For God's sake, fear is the worst method possible to try to bring someone to the creator.

Anyway, to remain on topic, I have to say that this is an interesting thread. I wouldn't have known about this unless the OP had put it out there. Its obvious that its not something being covered by the bulk of the MSM. I'm hoping to hear more about this...Thanks!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Really strange that I should find this post tonight. I live in western Pennsylvania and this morning I heard a sound very much like what people on this thread are describing.

At first I was inside my house and heard what sounded like a low-flying jet of some kind. It was unusually loud but sounded very much like a jet. Typically the only planes I see in my rural area are small private ones. I fully expected to go outside and see some kind of military jet passing low over my house.

When I got outside it was very gray and overcast, so I wasn't sure if I would see the plane, but the sound was VERY loud, so I thought the aircraft might be low enough to be below the cloud cover. I stood in my driveway for several minutes looking up. Never saw anything. Even stranger, the sound didn't seem to be moving as it would if a jet were flying through the area. It didn't get louder or softer as I listened and didn't seem to be coming from any particular direction other than 'up.' Super puzzling to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Let's hope that it's a MONSTER!

This world is too real, let's liven things up a bit...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here is a report on it incase it has been missed. Ranchlands has been reporting this since Feb!

calgary.ctv.ca...

ON the page of the link is a news report, some scientists are studying currently.

(the ctv newsplayer will play you the video of the report)

[edit on 14-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It is quit obviously an invisible jet fighter. Some kind of image projection on the underside of the craft. And the best tests they have is scaring the #@4 out of the public and wait for people to start talking about the "invisible noise "

Anyone got Wonder Woman's number to see if hers is missing ?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I noticed this the other morning, I live in NYC so I am used to higher volume then most, it is consistently loud here, 24/7. But the other morning I felt actual shaking and heard rumbling from what I thought was a helicopter, and then it got too loud to be only one so maybe it was multiple helicopters. I went to the window and saw nothing, not even any clouds.

I also often hear a low rumble too, almost like it is in the far distance, but it lasts about 10 minutes.

These noises all seem foreign to me, like I said I am in NY, I know what planes, trains, and automotive thangs sound like.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
sounds like it but not pipes lol

[edit on 14-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What about Haarp. They bounce utra low frequencies off the atmosphere. Signal can travel for long distances.
located somewhere in Alaska.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by grbypackers]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The first article sums up exactly what it is. New Growler jets with new engines that sound different flying around NW. Very fast powerful bad ass jets will cause a massive ruckus.
I live near Vancouver and there is absolutely no seismic activity anywhere near here. Closest activity is thousands of miles away in Alaska.

The Growler is essentially a rewired Super Hornet which has similar accoustics to other fighter aircraft. The Super Hornet has also been around since late 1995. If it is a SH then it would also include all other fighter aircraft. Two possibilities, one, these are not fighter jets, or two, people are only just noticing these. I don't live near any airport, however when an airshow is held >50km away it is possible to hear deep rumbling sounds from the burners that last about 5 seconds.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

But they sound nothing like that. Not aircraft.

BTW, the F/A-18G gets the name Growler not because of any sound it makes. It's designated the F/A-18G and is designed to jam enemy radar, one way it does this is to making huge amounts of RF noise. It replaces the Prowler aircraft.

[edit on 14/10/2009 by C0bzz]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join