It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think aliens are having a bachelor party and have invited other aliens from other unknown galaxy's. As for entertainment there shooting there terra forming weapons underground and getting blind drunk on fluoride enhanced water. Lets not forget as music they listen to A.J. live over the internet.

On a serious note, simple mother nature tossing and turning the ground.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I live in Duncan, just north of Victoria, and I go there pretty often.

There has been no noises like that, and no ground vibrations either.

:/

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Found these two vids on youtube because I wanted to see if anyone else had recorded what you all are reporting.

Are these good examples of what everyone is talking about?

Strange Sounds #3

Strange Sounds from the sky

These are the same noises being reported in my area. As i have stated before i got a thread about it, with a news report.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Getting the noise here.

We've got a training exercise and RAF Lossiemouth.

Maybe it is training exercises as well for you guys

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdychemist

USAF doesnt train over here, no where near.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
hey all, I live in South Africa, i know thats FAR away from where this is all happening, and I don't have time to read all posts right now to see if others around the world have also experienced this. It sounds very much like something my cousin and I experienced about a week or two ago. Standing outside in the afternoon having a beer at home after work, clear,clear skies, sunshine and all, and we heard this rumble akin to thunder for about 5 seconds or so. We looked at eachother with raised eyebrows, a clear statement of WTF. It sounded above us although a little to the west.

Anybody else anywhere other than the US hearing this?

Could it be that 'hum' that people hear sometimes getting a little more violent?
(Which I have also heard at my house at least 3 times at night over the past few years, when I'm silent for long enough

Wiki Hum
I know, its wiki. Deal with it.
Have fun

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

If you haven't already, listen to the strange sound you tube video. Link is on page 3 towards the bottom. That's the sound we are getting.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jdmjam

It seems the entire Midlands area is affected by this and further north too. I've spoken to 2 friends, one in Northampton and one in Liverpool, making me pretty much bang in the middle and we've all experienced the same thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sonic booms can be picked up on seismic equipment but you wont see them because the USGS will never post them. I think your hearing MT Rainer's lava moving up. Does it sound like this?

www.youtube.com...

If it does, Get the hell out of town.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I'm guessing that its this "Blackswift" aircraft that Intelgurl made a thread about

I think you may be right. If it is not "Blackswift" then maybe some other classified plane.

-E-

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Johnny5?
Listen to the youtube link "strange noises" that was posted back towards the bottom of page 3, and tell me that's not an underground boring machine going about 5 mph or so deep underneath.

I'll tell you it isn't, because there is not a TBM that can bore at "miles per hour", they bore at "feet per hour". That plus, TBM's don't make sounds of hissing and such as is in that audio/video, a TBM is all mechanical.

Oh I'm sorry, do you have first hand experience with a tunnel boring machine? Well I don't either...but I can tell you this was my first thought of what it may be. Especially after hearing the strange noise link. Is this what everyone is hearing? No, maybe some people are experiencing aircraft sounds or somekind of tremors. But after reading all the posts, it seems like some/most are convinced it is indeed underground.
Now as I have said if you looked up TBM's you would get an idea of their sound and speed. So the "mph" reference may have not been correct O' Measured One. So let's say that it was going at a rate of 10 meters per hour>translating to what? I guess nearly 33 feet. And as for the hissing sound how about water or steam?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm leaning towards Volcanic activity. Check out this article of yesterday.

www.mnn.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Reporting from Michigan.
The past 2 1/2 months there have been similar incidents we (family) have heard a loud, deep pitched, sound.

Eleven, night incidence's, occurring between 9:00pm to 1:30am.
A three-peat the 16th, 17th and 18th of Sept.
A two-peat Aug. 27th and 28th.
A two-peat Oct 4th and 5th.
Some clear sky nights some overcast.
The rest of the 11, were on nights separated by several days.

There have been 2 separate daytime occurrences. One day was clear and the other was very cloudy.

Each time someone went outside, checked the sky in all directions, and saw nothing.

The consensus here is:
It sounds and feels similar to about 5 "Huey"'s.
Only a pulsation effect combined and blended with the regular chopping noise of the roter blades, in a very deep tone.

There is a physical vibration that causes one to feel a heaviness all over
the body, with the sensation being stronger in the chest and stomach area.

All vibration is coming through the atmosphere causing the ground and buildings to tremble with the same pulsing.

The sound does not travel horizontally nor does it oscillate,
Rather it seems to descend through the sky from a moderate altitude to a low one, sending its vibration for approximately 5 to 15 minutes.
As it fades out, the vibe. seems to move upward, much like the vertical maneuvers of a helicopter.

My 10 year old Grandson says:
"Feels and sounds like a lot of, real loud hearts beating kind of fast"

Added:
No sonic boom with our experiences.

Also:
It is quiet for about 30 seconds afterwards then the dogs, for miles around, start barking, accompanied by coyotes. Don't know if the dogs and coyotes respond before it starts as we have always been inside when it first comes.

And:
I seem to hear and/or feel this abnormal event before anyone else in the household does.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
HellOoOoOo everyone. Noobie here.

We live in Oregon, but my hubby works in Vancouver, Washington.
I showed him this post and he says he can relate to the sounds he has been hearing in Vancouver. Loud rumbling jet sounds coming from?????
He didn't see anything in the sky, but that doesn't mean it's not up there whatever it is.

Wondering if they are doing this kind of thing all over the world?
Did anyone see the weird cloud formation over Russia? Wondering if this has anything to do with the weird rumblings in the sky??

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maximus_Prime
I'm leaning towards Volcanic activity. Check out this article of yesterday.

www.mnn.com...

Yep. To me, that one videos sound (at night) reminds me of out-gassing of magma... but it was so loud on that video, you'd think it was in the air.. odd indeed. Maybe all the pressure from the Pac Plate is waking up the volcanoes on the subduction zone? (god, I hope not).

The energy is moving in that direction, and north too. Alaska is now awake (more so than normal), and after it calms down, the Pac NW could be next.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by Pharyax]

[edit on 10/14/2009 by Pharyax]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
yes indeed, the Cascades are full of volcanos - both active and inactive (Mt Rainier, Mt Hood, Mt St Helen etc) and that could certainly be the cause - but after listening to the Mt Redoubt noises, I'd have to say that's not what I've been hearing. My sounds are much deeper and grumbly-er.

Strange fact - there is an active volcano smack in the middle of Portland - called Mt Tabor. It started leaking sulfer and nasty stuff at some point (in the 60s I believe...before my time) and the Army Corp of Engineers capped that stinky nasty volcano with concrete so it would not disturb the neighborhood. I just don't think that is going to stop Mt Tabor from being a volcano if it so chooses.

Wonder if the sounds I'm hearing have anything to do with Mt Tabors discontent?

Hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have no idea what information these graphs convey, nor do I really believe them to an accurate representation as to what is really going on with HAARP, but check out the spikes in the graphs on HAARP's On-Line Data page.

I've looked at these graphs in the past and they have always been flat and showed nothing of interest to note. Maybe you all who are hearing these noises in the northwest can check against these graphs next time they occur. In the meantime, I'll be doing some research as to what they represent. Something strange is indeed going on in these interesting times.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maximus_Prime

Man this is going on in MN too, Check out my thread I'm tryin to make connections but nobody in this thread has even checked mine out, i even got the news report from the local news here in MN.

Once again for everybody else also here is a link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I mentioned this post to my wife yesterday and she asked me if this was something people are feeling. I told her that most people are hearing a roaring aircraft type of sound, but some have reported feeling it. She said that the other day she was stopped at a red light and she felt like the car was shaking somewhat like an earthquake even though there were no reported quakes in our area. This all has made me want to pay more attention now since I am used to the flights from McChord AFB over my house and probably subconsciously dismiss any unusual noises as the C-17's constantly overhead.

As for the sonic boom theory, I was stationed at Camp Casey in South Korea from July 84 to July 85. Camp Casey is, I believe, about 10 miles south of the DMZ between North and South Korea. We would hear the sonic booms of our airplanes returning from their reconnaissance flights over the north. The first time I heard a sonic boom, I thought the North was attacking. For those who have never actually heard a sonic boom, it does not sound like an aircraft flying - it sounds like a huge bomb going off and actually shakes things off of the shelves and walls. It is not a slow rumbling sound. So, IMHO it most likely is not sonic booms people are hearing.

Also, I live about 26 miles from Mt. Rainier. Seattle is roughly 60 miles from Mt Rainier. My kids go to school in Orting, WA and they somewhat regularly have eruption/lahar drills since we would have roughly 43 minutes to evacuate a 60 mph mudflow. Having said that, I am not in the least concerned about Mt Rainier becoming active. We would have heard about it by now. 29 years ago when St Helens went off, we had weeks of warning for people in that area to evacuate. That was 29 years ago and Mt Rainier is one of the most heavily monitored mountains on the planet. If it was rumbling at all, it would be a major news story.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

In my area the people that reported it are reporting feeling it and, it shakes there houses, rattles the windows and whatever knickknacks they have on shelves and whatnot.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join