It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The military tested the Stealth bomber over the desert area near the Nevada/California border for years. No one in the government or in the military would ever admit that it even existed. The sonic booms kept breaking the windows of people's homes, but it was in small towns near the Nevada/California border, so the media really did not cover it.

The home owners were very unhappy, because they were not being reimbursed for their cracked swimming pools, broken windows and other damage to their property.

Once Desert Storm started, they were forced to admit that the plane existed. I'm not really sure if the government or military ever did reimburse the people for the damage to thier windows and other property.

www.scribd.com...

Maybe the government does not want to be liable for any ill effects or damage that may be caused by planes or other sky related testing.

The best way to avoid being liable is to deny involvement. If something does not exist, then you do not have to pay for any damages.

Many people would not want planes or anything else being tested near their homes. Maybe the rumblings in the sky are from something that supposedly does not exist, and everything is just denied or explained away as meteors or weather, so people do not get upset.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I just read your thread too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that what is being heard is a low, rumbling noise. And that noise is rattling windows and shaking things off of shelves and so forth. My point above is that a sonic boom is not low and rumbling, it is sudden and loud like a bomb going off and then over just as quickly. That's all I as saying is that I don't believe it is sonic booms causing this.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Isn't there some sort of environmental impact study being done by the Naval Command in WA, CA and a couple other states. Thought I saw it here on ats. Anyway, here are a few links. Hope it helps.

www.environmentors.org...

www.setonresourcecenter.com...

www.sciencedirect.com... rId=1048343515&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000031558&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=1193445&md5=ddcc644260127e266dda55a07658e266

www.sciencedirect.com... rId=1048342862&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000031558&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=1193445&md5=4630669fb2cbb4b1272e968f2dfba66d

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I know i wasn't disagreeing with you. It sounds exactly like the sound in the video "strange sound" on page three of this thread.I never said there were any boom sounds. you had said your wife was wondering if people were feeling it too. Thats what i was getting at.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
unlike james bond i do not care for shakin

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the only thing i like to shake is my girlfrieds bum

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Seems like we have a lot of people paying attention to these sounds now.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I HAVE HEARD/EXPERIENCED THIS!!!

I live in the Pacific Northwest, actually about right in the middle of those arrows on the map in the original post. I am glad that I came across this thread, (or maybe not!) because I have experienced some similar 'sounds' lately.

It started this summer. Wierd how you get used to something and then dismiss it when no one else makes an issue out of it.

The times that I have heard it have been when sitting out in my backyard in the hot tub at night. I live almost right in the middle of Mount Baker, Mount Raineer and Mount Saint Helens. The first time I heard the 'Rumblings', it was to the south of me, so I honestly thought Helens was errupting. So much so, that I ran inside and pulled up the shake maps for the region. While Baker and Helens had some mild vibrations, nothing else of note was there. By the time I went back outside, it was gone.

Another time is was to my East, so I thought it might have been coming from Baker. This was around the time that Yellowstone was so active, so I think that's why I was immediately attributing it to a possible erruption.

I need to also point out that I went through both of Helen's erruptions and have a VERY clear memory of our house shaking and the rumbling. I have been through several earthquakes from low mags up to the 6 mag both in california and here in washington state. I have been through many, many powerful storms. I used to live near an airport and have been to military bases. I am familiar with all of these sounds, and I don't know what the hell it is that I have been hearing and feeling.

The most recent was about 2 weeks ago. My husband and I were out in the hot tub, around 11 at night. (seems the most common time) It was again coming from the south of our location. It sounded like thunder, but from a distance and longer in duration. We just kept looking at each other and saying..."thunder?" but we both knew it wasn't thunder. It went on for probably 20-30 minutes (again, seems typical) and then was gone. We never saw anyting in the sky to indicate a storm and I again checked USGS for quake activity, and nothing.

I am going to start documenting the times/description of the sounds. I will try to record it, but I think it might be to faint to record very well. I have listened to the recordings on page three of this thread. There are some similarities, but those recordings are much louder and longer in duration...but it could be what I am hearing also but only at a further distance.

I have to say that my instincts tell me it is something tectonic in nature. Something BIG resonating at a very low frequency that can be felt as well as heard. I think it sounds like it's coming from the sky because of distance and resonance/the sound waves/vibrations bouncing back.

I will start going outside at night for the purpose of listening for this and I will make note of the time/duration/location and correlate that with the local seismic graphs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I live in the area and haven't felt anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It really sounds intimidating what you have described MysterE, and I must say, I am glad that I am not experiencing what you are hearing. The fact that so many people hear similar sounds over a long period of time makes it even more convincing.

I have not read the entire thread, and is not sure whether anyone else mentioned the new advanced acoustic warfare techniques which are aimed and used in scenarios where huge, angry crowds needs to dispersed. It was recently used at the G20 meeting of leaders of nations to keep protesters far away from the international leaders convening in Pittsburgh, USA.

The device, called a Long Range Acoustic Device, concentrates voice commands and a car alarm-like sound in a 30- or 60-degree cone that can be heard nearly two miles away. It is about two feet square and mounted on a swivel such that one person can point it where it's needed. The volume measures 140-150 decibels three feet away — louder than a jet engine — but dissipates with distance.

abcnews.go.com...

What you experienced were definitely not car alarms or voiced instructions, but with the same technology any kind of sounds can be made heard?

I just get the feeling that what you are experiencing there might not be the same as mentioned above, and I must say, I find your accounts of the sounds truly fascinating...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Louwey]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

No need to be sorry. I'm bad at articulating my thoughts, that probably why you got confused...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you for posting your take on this, its very interesting what you say of the feelings and energies when you were in the US and the difference of that energy back here in the UK. i lived in Wales the first time about 10 years ago now when i was 18..i stayed for 2 1/2 years then returned to upstate NY for 3 years (realizing our mistake and high tailing back here lol).. and even though Upstate is very quiet, very rural, i never slept so sound as i did the first nights back here.. i dont overly suffer from jet lag and it was not the same feeling as that anyhow..but i do understand what you mean about the Earth and Earths energies here compared to the US, feeling older, wiser in a way, and much more..stable. absolutely what i have felt since day one here..
As for the feelings you got while in the States about something being closely under the ground, for years, before even moving out of America in the first place, i have been unable to explain it really, but i have been aware of a 'bubble' of sorts forming.. in the atmosphere above us all from what i can tell..and even back then it seemed under some kind of 'stress' as though it was continuing to fill with energy and was getting ready to burst..i have never been able to figure what this is or why its there.. but your post made me think of this..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Louwey

I for one, do not think it is a man-made sound. I can tell that I am hearing something VERY large and resonate from a great distance. A great 'rumbling' and vibration. I know we like to think of ourselves as big, but comapred to mother-nature, we are nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Freak weather to blame for Rush incident july 2007

www.rte.ie...

rush is on the coast, in the end they said it was gas, an explosion under water?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would guess it's probable that more than one thing is going on. I would not be surprised to find out that people are hearing different things at different times and could account for both military training/testing activity and environmental activity. The NW is a volatile area, environmental activity is my first suspicion, as well (for the rumblings)...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know this was asked before but I never did see a response to it ...

Does anyone that lives in these areas have pets that act a little differently when these noises can be heard/felt?

Or has anyone noticed the surrounding wildlife acting strange at all?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just heard "the rumble"! Started at 1:37 pm - lasted for about 20 seconds and when the noise ended, my house popped and snapped like the foundation was settling

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ok but its not only the NW, its in MW also. its all over the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Hey....thank you for the reply, and it's fascinating. I almost never mention the Seattle thing to anyone as it sounds so weird, but I'm intrigued that you've noticed a similar thing. I know I didn't pick up on it when I was in Texas...absolutely not...but in Seattle it was so clear. Definitely underground tho. I've never been aware of the atmosphere bubble you felt.

I'm wondering if this has been felt anywhere else....do you know of anyone who might have experienced it? Spoken to anyone else about it?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ok but its not only the NW, its in MW also. its all over the US.

Agreed. Hence my point that the most probable conclusion is that it's a combination of activities (military, environmental, etc.) that different people are experiencing... I've read the whole thread and it doesn't "seem" to me that everyone is describing "one" activity, the descriptions do vary quite a bit. Just my opinion though and I'm not discounting anything or anybody...

ETA: I'll go find the thread you started on the MW... haven't read it yet.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join