It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A couple of days ago me and my husband both heard what we thought was a missile go over our house. Seriously.
It was in the early morning, and it was not an airplane.
Scared the crap out of us we really thought it was a war starting up.
BTW we have extensive experience with aircraft/war. It was nothing we have ever heard before............

CENTRAL OREGON.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe this is what is causing some of the odd noises:

Seattle Times
By Sandi Doughton

Seattle Times science reporter

In Native American lore, the volcanoes of the Cascade Mountains chatted with each other like girlfriends.

Scientists, however, have long held that Mounts Rainier, Baker and their snow-capped sisters don't really communicate in a geologic sense.

Now, a group of researchers say they've found evidence that some of the explosive peaks are connected via a massive body of partially-molten rock that stretches between Mount St. Helens, Mount Adams and Mount Rainier.

If they're right, the magma chamber would be one of the biggest ever discovered, on a par with the pool of molten rock that underlies the Yellowstone basin. But the presence of a large magma chamber under the Cascades wouldn't mean the region is sitting atop a "supervolcano" like the one that blew Wyoming sky high in the distant past.

"It doesn't suggest there's a giant volcano waiting to pop," said hydrologist Matt Burgess, co-author of the study published online Sunday by the journal Nature Geoscience. "The significance is that it's given us a kind of a window on what's going on at depth."

seattletimes.nwsource.com... 5468_volcano26m.html?syndication=rss

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I heard/felt the "rumble" (for lack of a better descriptive word) yesterday before I went to work at around 11:30 am. Lasted longer this time - probably a full minute. I am in the Portland, OR area. Its been nearly a week since the last one.

For those that post that they've heard something, it would be helpful if you post your location (if you do not have it in your user data already) so we can see if there's any similarity in when/where sounds are heard.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok, people keep asking that but apparently they're not reading. I think almost everyone that has claimed to hear the noise has posted their city/state by now (if not, MOST have). People from every corner are hearing this rumbling. I've read the entire thread, it's not a mountain range, because ALL over the U.S. people are hearing it and even some people from other countries.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looking through the MUFON case files there is a report on 10/24/09 in Cheyenne Wyo Of a loud boom that shook the house and all the people in the erea are looking out of there windows to see nothing. Case #20131.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My hubby called me from work @ 1:20pm today and said it happened again. He works in Vancouver, Washington. He heard a loud rumbling noise that lasted for about 25 sec. Others from his work wondered what that loud rumbling was too. Usually, people would say it was just another jet flying by, but since my hubby was in the US air force and worked around Jets most of the time, he told me that it wasn't the usual jet engine sound he was used of hearing.
So, I'm wondering..anyone else hear anything today?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It was 8:15am on Sunday morning, Nov. 15th, and I was in our first floor home office unpacking from a business trip that I had returned from the night prior. My wife and daughter were upstairs (second floor), both sleeping deeply, when all of sudden, an extremely loud (>100 decibels) whirring noise erupted from within our home office. I had never heard this sound before in the 2 months that we have been living in this house and frantically ran upstairs to see if the noise was emanating from the second floor living room above our office. It was not – there was nothing going on in the living room. I screamed at my wife to get out of bed and come downstairs, and I said to her, “something is happening, do you hear that? What is that noise? I can’t tell where it is coming from!!”

Next, with the scary, loud vibrating, centrifugal (spinning) noise still filling our home office, I ran into the laundry room nearby to open up the door to the crawlspace to check the furnace and water heater. Nothing. The sound was NOT coming from this location either. I went back into the office, still yelling at my wife to come downstairs “quickly and NOW!” and I determined that the sound was truly coming from one particular wall in our office. The wall was vibrating violently and the noise appeared to be getting louder and/or the spinning sound of it becoming faster. The noise was deafening, like the engine of a jet airplane was stuck inside this wall.

Next, I opened up the front door, which is located very near where this sound was coming from in our office. Nothing. Instead, I experienced the usual calm that is associated with a quiet Sunday morning in our neighborhood – no construction, no airplanes, no loud cars or trucks driving by, just people walking the dogs. Apparently those people could NOT hear what we are hearing at all! I came back inside and the sound continued. The sound had been going for at least 60 seconds now. My wife finally ran down the stairs and crossed the threshold of the doorway into our office. The sound stopped in that instant. Silence. My heart was beating through my chest and my face was pale as a ghost. I said to my wife, voice waivering, “did you hear that? It’s coming from right here (gesturing to the wall in our office). I don’t know what it was.” My wife was about to respond to me when the noise abruptly started again, this time seemingly louder. I immediately decided that our lives were possibly in danger and we needed to get the hell out of the house before it exploded, collapsed, who knows!?! All I knew is that this was a very scary, loud, mechanical rotating sound that was making the walls and floor in our office vibrate with such violence I thought the house was going to collapse. We ran upstairs, grabbed our sleeping daughter out of her crib and ran out the back door only wearing our underwear and pajamas and carrying one cell phone and car keys. We got in our car and quickly drove a safe distance away from our house, in case it was going to explode. We pulled over and called the police first, and then the gas/electric company.

The gas/electric company was the first to show up, 1 hour after we called them. We went back inside the house and the sound had stopped. Incredibly, there was no damage to the house nor to our office from where the sound was coming from. The gas/electric technician tested our electricity outlets and they were fine. It is notable that the wall from which this sound appeared to be coming from is a new wall that was put up when the previous owners converted the garage into a bedroom/bathroom about 8 years ago, which we now use as a home office. So, in this wall, there are NO heating vents or ductwork and NO water pipes. There are only 2 electrical outlets which tested perfectly – nothing wrong. This wall is a “hollow” wall, just a fabricated wall put up during the conversion from garage to bedroom.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
(This is my story continued from my previous post)....

After calming down and reviewing the entire event, we now feel confident that the sound HAD to have originated below the wall (beneath the house), as it could not have come from the wall itself, nor from anything above the wall (ie our 2nd floor living room). The wall was simply acting as an amplifier for whatever was causing the sound beneath the ground. So, what is under our house that could create a 100+ decibel rotating, mechanical sounding noise that would make us run out of our house in our underwear, thinking our house was going to explode? We have no idea and have no leads. The gas company has provided us with maps showing that the city gas lines do not run beneath this portion of our home. The only remaining thing we still have to check is the public works water pipes that run beneath our home.

We have spoken with our neighbors and no one heard ANYTHING on that day, at that time. As I said, when I went outside during the event, you could barely hear the noise from outside of our house, so it is not surprising that no neighbors confirmed hearing this sound. One neighbor did tell us that there are many natural water springs in our neighborhood and that he has one in his backyard. Was this a water spring that was about to bust through the earth like the geysers of Yellowstone? We don’t know.

This intense deafening sound coming from a wall in our home definitely had a subterranean origin and we also know that it was NOT an earthquake as no one else in the neighborhood felt or heard anything that morning.

I am posting this detailed story in hope that someone may have had a similar experience and can help us to understand what the hell we experienced that day.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
One final important item: We live in Oakland, CA.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just wondering if anything else has occured since these noises have been taking place? Its gone quiet (excuse the pun) about this phenomenon.

I cant help but wondering if this was somehow a HAARP experiment on Infra/UltraSound waves to test how atmospheric molecules would react to such frequencies.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yes I would also be interested to know if any more sounds have been heard.

This video still rates as one of my top favourite youtube vids.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe the rumbling noise you hear is from the Gov't's giant boring tool making new tunnels for the d.u.m.b.s. bases
preparing for some catastrophic occurrence in the near future.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
North West where? Timbuktu? France? Spain? Oh I see... Silly moi! I should have realised this was just another example of someone thinking everything always has to be about the US.
Hey it's a global forum. Members are from everywhere. So dohhhh - just have the courtesy to say what country you are talking about.
edit on 29-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm wondering if what people are hearing is a wind farm without mitigation measures. Wind cuts across the blades at differing speeds, and this causes the chopping drone you hear. Aboard submarines, we call it cavitation. It makes the same kind of noise.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETSubmariner
I'm wondering if what people are hearing is a wind farm without mitigation measures. Wind cuts across the blades at differing speeds, and this causes the chopping drone you hear. Aboard submarines, we call it cavitation. It makes the same kind of noise.

I very much doubt it. I know what cavitation is, and maybe you get it from wind turbines but unless your standing pretty close to wind turbines you won't hear anything.

Where I stay there are wind turbines in every direction and you never hear them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

The thing is, these sounds are being heard all over the world. I have heard it, and I'm in Louisiana. People in England have been hearing it.....how can it be? That's the mysterious part to me....it's not just the west coast at all....Florida has had a lot of reports as well...How can it be heard by so many people in all these locations?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Yeah...that video creeps me out. I have heard the sounds twice....the first time it was a low rumble with booms every now and then and lasted about 45 minutes. The second rime, it sounded a lot like this video....and it lasted maybe 10 minutes and abruptly stopped.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vampira309

Like this? This is one I have not heard before.

edit on 5/3/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I live here and have never heard anything like it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Reminds me of tuning forks in the movie 'Phantasm'.

Maybe there's a frequency that would trigger objects that resonate at a certain frequency, like hollow walls, trees, pipes, or poles.

Make a bunch of tuning forks, cement them in the ground, and see which tuning frequency starts to resonate. It won't answer the cause of the noise, but it would be proof of some travelling frequency. Or maybe buried low-frequency microphones would work.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join