It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Its because we bombed the moon.
Joking..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ok, these are obviously not jets. Listen to the youtube link "strange noises" that was posted back towards the bottom of page 3, and tell me that's not an underground boring machine going about 5 mph or so deep underneath. Look up underground boring or BTM on youtube and you start to get the idea. I'm just sad I'm not invited to the party. Think I can gain access if I join up now?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Is this also the phenomenon that I have experienced where I live in the UK ?

A single repetitive hum / buzz / vibration with what can only be described as having a timing to it like a diesel engine ticking over. I usually only here it late at night after 10.30pm and anywhere me going to sleep give or 01.30 to 02.00am.

I live on a main arterial road into Town so distinguishing it between the traffic going by is quite hard if it occurs in the daytime.

I forget which thread I discussed it in and no doubt it is buried here somewhere but of late I haven't heard it at night for sometime now so maybe its seasonal ?

This may sound silly but at times it can be quite unerving to listen to it especially laid in bed feel the house tremor slightly or in the very least the immediate bed area and be laid there thinking "I'm not imagining this" or "Am I the only one noticing this".

I also do suffer on occasion from sleep disorders i.e hear bangs as I fall alsleep or the sound of white noise / electric and have experienced other things when in the state between being awake and in the sleep state.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Look up H.A.A.R.P. on internet search.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The Cascades are a very eerie place. Definitely something supernatural going on in those mountains.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Here in Wales i have been hearing now for a number of weeks what i brushed off as low flying craft from a nearby military base, but there is nothing in the sky when the noise happens, and i can see quite a ways in the sky in this part of the country..so that made me assume it was one of the 'special' jets that are able to hit incredible speeds (and thus not be seen) as there werent even clouds for them to be behind.. this may or may not be related to the other posts here but reading it, the past few weeks came to mind..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and something else strange the past month or so.. at least 4 or 5 times recently, in various places of the house and garden, my partner and i have seen a very quick, very bright led like light, coming from too high up to be a camera flash, it wasnt reflections from windows or cars as there was no sun at the times this happened.. it was such a quick flash that we both stopped talking and asked each other if we had seen it too.. checking around outside we could find no explanation. just thought i'd share

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The amount of crazy theories in this thread cracks me up.. we've had everything from God to aliens to secret government operations..

It might be Chuck Norris.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The throbbing sound from first video reminds me of the sound coming from the "stars", as was pictured in Zemeckis "Contact", picked up by a SETI faciliry.

The other roaring sounds are very likely from jet engines. It is also possible that there is some facility with turbines (power plant or heating plant), or an air tunnel. The sound of jet engines creates so many echoes it is very difficult to decide about direction it comes from, especially if the aircraft is moving.

I've never heard an earthquake rumbling, but that is also a possibility.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CowboyQuantum

The airspace above your place could be a window or portal for hyperspace travel. I don't think it's a stretch that our air forces are involved.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Not a stretch at all!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I'm interested in what you have to say about the Cascades. Can you elaborate a little? Please u2u me if you want to keep it off the boards. I was in Seattle a few years ago, and definitely felt there was something going on. I won't go into it here, cos we'll just get all off topic, but it was all about the energy of the place.

Talk soon, I hope.

Cait x

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am actually British, but I was visiting a friend in the states a few months ago and experienced something very much like this while camping at Lake Tahoe.

It sounded just like a supersonic jet and even shook the ground, but there was nothing to be seen in the sky. It also happened at night.

I've also noticed a long, throbbing, repetative sound at home, again only at night. I live in the West Midlands, about 10 miles from Birmingham. Up until recently, I dismissed it as Motorway traffic, but it does gradually seem to be getting stronger.

Maybe with the problems with Iran arming with nukes, the US and british governments are working together to prepare underground bunkers. Just a theory though.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by nik1halo]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny5?
Listen to the youtube link "strange noises" that was posted back towards the bottom of page 3, and tell me that's not an underground boring machine going about 5 mph or so deep underneath.

I'll tell you it isn't, because there is not a TBM that can bore at "miles per hour", they bore at "feet per hour". That plus, TBM's don't make sounds of hissing and such as is in that audio/video, a TBM is all mechanical.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

I'm interested in what you have to say about the Cascades. Can you elaborate a little? Please u2u me if you want to keep it off the boards. I was in Seattle a few years ago, and definitely felt there was something going on. I won't go into it here, cos we'll just get all off topic, but it was all about the energy of the place.

Talk soon, I hope.

Cait x

Hmmmmm ... I haven't really had any experiences in the Cascades ... but the mountain range is just kinda supernatural feeling.

I think the mountains function as some kind of energy portal, and there seems to be an extraterrestrial presence there. Bigfoot is apparently commonly cited in the Cascades too.

When you're in the Cascades, life seems more mysterious, more deep. Does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Not commented until now - this has been a bit of an obsession of mine in recent years though - surely people remember the skyquakes in Cali from a few years back that may have been attributable to "Aurora"? I have my own thoughts on what happened to Aurora, but I'll keep that to myself for now.

I picked up on this from 08 in Maine, and also this from New York State this year.

Interestingly, there is also this report from Stornoway in Scotland last year, and then there is this motley collection of booms across the US (not all of them related, but theres alot of them) (Stornorway is north of Macrihanish - the UK's "spooky" Area-51 type airfield btw)

I'm guessing that its this "Blackswift" aircraft that Intelgurl made a thread about - looking at the areas the booms are in most are fairly out of the way, and I'm wondering if there is a flight track down off the Pacific coast north of Vancouver and into Idaho, and possibly another track heading out west across the great lakes and into the Atlantic exiting over NY State.

Admittedly, its piecemeal - a bit of web detectiveness - but I'm convinced its there. Sooner or later someones going to snap it
I've been keeping an eye on the "boom" locations for about a year now as I've come across them - if anyone else has more info please let me know.

It should be possible to pick out a track for this if its flying into and out of Area 51 if someone with more time than me can plot "soundings" on Google Maps. I imagine its intended recon targets would be Iran and NK, and if its operational it may have staging points globally, of which Macrihanish is one, and there may be somewhere in Iraq, possibly Diego Garcia and possibly somewhere in Australia.

Its worth a collaborative effort, and its worth keeping this thread running to see what comes up in the near future.

[edit on 14/10/09 by neformore]

[edit on 14/10/09 by neformore]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grbypackers
Look up H.A.A.R.P. on internet search.

Weather station.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Damn, I'm on a computer at college, and I can't find the link, but I live in the Cairngorms in Scotland. We have similar theories running around here, and I read a very interesting article recently that talks about beings who live in *under* the mountains here. I've felt for a long time that the hills and mountains around where we are act as portals. Will link to the page later today when I'm at home. We also get the buzzing, droning, vibrating noise here from time to time, and I've never been able to place it. Recently, it's been *very* strong, and we have no neighbours, no dryers, no generator, nothing that would explain it. It drvies me nuts actually, cos i can't get away from it.

What I felt in Seattle was a strong awareness of massive energy under the surface of the earth, very close to the surface, as if it was ready to pop. It felt dangerous....I would never live there. Where I am in Scotland feels totally different...much older and more stable, and colder, not in terms of temperature, but in terms of energy, even although there are mountains here too.

Apologies for this being so esoteric...it's a bit woowoo for a lot of people, but there it is...that's who I am.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Damn, I'm on a computer at college, and I can't find the link, but I live in the Cairngorms in Scotland. We have similar theories running around here, and I read a very interesting article recently that talks about beings who live in *under* the mountains here. I've felt for a long time that the hills and mountains around where we are act as portals. Will link to the page later today when I'm at home. We also get the buzzing, droning, vibrating noise here from time to time, and I've never been able to place it. Recently, it's been *very* strong, and we have no neighbours, no dryers, no generator, nothing that would explain it. It drvies me nuts actually, cos i can't get away from it.

What I felt in Seattle was a strong awareness of massive energy under the surface of the earth, very close to the surface, as if it was ready to pop. It felt dangerous....I would never live there. Where I am in Scotland feels totally different...much older and more stable, and colder, not in terms of temperature, but in terms of energy, even although there are mountains here too.

Apologies for this being so esoteric...it's a bit woowoo for a lot of people, but there it is...that's who I am.

Being woo is epic coolness. =)

But yeah, the Pacific Northwest is very geologically active! I live in Oregon, about 200 miles south of Seattle, and it seems that way here too, though I'm closer to the Oregon Coast which doesn't seem too bad (well the coast ITSELF would be because of tsunamis, etc, but i'm high above it and over the mountains).

But yeah - I definitely believe there are aliens and possibly even other hominids living under the Earth's surface, and the Cascades (especially Mt Shasta, I've heard, and also south-central Washington) have a lot of weird stuff going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I live in the Northampton in the UK, and i heard these noises late one evening about 2 days ago!

My and my girlfiend (who was in the kitchen at the time) gave each other a "wtf" look, I thought it was something over the house, but when i opened the window the noise stopped...

Possibly something causing the house(s) to resonate?

It came back a few mins later... but we couldnt figure out what the hell was causing it...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join