It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Remember the article not too long ago about the strange roar in space? Kinda reminds me of that.
www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I live just north of Toronto, Canada and noticed this type of noise sporadically at night also recently. I haven't paid much attention to it since it hasn't been reported in the local paper or news channel. A lot of helicopter activity recently also - just yesterday night, there were two of them going round in the same area for 30mins. Of course, all of this could be nothing, but just thought I'd share.

As for the underground noises in the West coast, my guess is that they're just drilling away and constructing their underground bases as usual.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Would I be able to hear the sonic boom or the jets after the rumble?

That's because I just felt and heard the rumble, but I didn't hear any jets.

If it was a sonic boom then this is the first time it passed by my house with me inside.

I think the seismic monitor shows from a magnitude of 4 to 8.

I would give the one I felt around a 2.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Venetian

We have noticed a surge in military activity in the sky around S.W. Iowa too,even black unmarked choppers flying low. I personally think something is going on,but very classified. Just too much weird stuff going on lately.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, I lived in WA all my life except just this last year while I was in Maryland. I just got back to the North West on friday, currently living in Kent with trips up to whidbey island semi regularly so I'll let you know If I hear/feel anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i seen another thread about this last night except it was in Minnesota

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

That would be a strange coincidence but I would think it would be heard world wide if it were the same sounds no?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Things resonate at different frequencies by means of a certain pitch,say higher concentrations of certain mineral deposits in certain areas may react differently than other areas. Possible?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I have felt and heard sonic booms without hearing the aircraft that made it. It just means that the aircraft is too far away to hear it's engine noise, but not far enough away to hear the percussion of the sonic boom.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, I haven't heard any rumbling, but it's been raining over here non-stop since I woke up at 9 am with winds in excess of 30 mph. Then again, I haven't seen rain since early June, so maybe I've just forgotten how rain works.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Something weird occurred here in Michigan around April or May during a thunderstorm. Each time the lightning would strike the Earth would quake causing the houses to shake.
Also the rumbling sounded like a giant bowling ball was being rolled through the land. The rumbling and the shaking seemed to spread throughout the land and would last for about 30 seconds. I thought it was an Earthquake but it would only happen following a lightning strike. It was not the normal Thunder sounds that follow a lightning strike. Everyone was truly disturbed by it.

I thought it was the end of the world like that "War of The Worlds".

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Teeky]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
Would I be able to hear the sonic boom or the jets after the rumble?

There are air corridors that allow them to break the sound barrier, but outside of them, during peacetime, they are not allowed to do so unless its an emergency:

American military aircraft are never allowed to fly supersonically over the US, under normal peacetime conditions, except in specially designated areas. One such area is the High Altitude Supersonic Corridor (HASSC) in southern California. This corridor extends from northwest of Los Angeles to the Colorado River near Las Vegas, Nevada. A portion of the HASSC passes through the R-2508 Special Use Airspace Complex that includes Edwards Air Force Base, the China Lake Naval Air Warfare Center, and the Army's Fort Irwin. The HASSC is one of several special supersonic zones in the region, and is used by the Air Force, Navy, and foreign militaries for training and flight testing. The aircraft operating in this restricted area are responsible for the many odd rumbling noises and mysterious sounds often reported as secret, exotic, cutting-edge new airplanes supposedly developed at the infamous "Area 51."

Other special supersonic corridors exist througout the United States. Unlike the HASSC, most of these are not part of any Restricted Area, Prohibited Area or MOA (Military Operating Area). An example is a corridor in northeastern New York state near Saranac Lake. While the military controls access to and grants permission to fly supersonically through the HASSC, these other corridors are instead controlled by the FAA.

Nonetheless, there are special circumstances that do allow pilots to exceed Mach 1 over populated areas. US pilots are allowed to do so over South Korea due to the unique defense issues that nation faces. In addition, fighters performing combat air patrols over the US as part of Operation Noble Eagle in the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks have broken the sound barrier on occassion to catch up to airliners during air-rage incidents. One such incident occurred over the suburbs of Chicago in October 2001 when two F-16 fighters intercepted an American Airlines flight from LA to Chicago after a passenger began threatening to crash the plane into the Sears Tower.

The shuttles do it regularly on their return for landing here in Florida. The booms are sudden, and very loud (depending on the atmospheric conditions), but they do not cause an extended rumbling noise in my experience.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

About an hour ago, I was getting out of my car and gathering up my shopping bags when it sounded and felt like a train going by behind my house. My first thought was, "I love the sound of trains!". My second was "There isn't a train track within 5 miles of my house. What the heck?". I scanned the sky in case it might be a plane, but no. I've lived in this house for four years and have heard loud noises, but not a loud noise accompanied by vibration like today. There are so many strange things going on in the world. I shrugged my shoulders and thought "Add it to the list."

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Each time the lightning would strike the Earth would quake causing the houses to shake.
Also the rumbling sounded like a giant bowling ball was being rolled through the land. The rumbling and the shaking seemed to spread throughout the land and would last for about 30 seconds.

That just means that you were much closer to the storm then you are used to. If you lived here in Florida, the lightning capital, none of that would strike you as out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well with regards to

www.youtube.com...

ive speeded it up, slowed it down... passed it through filters... played it backwards and again run it through filters and changed speeds....

The only interesting thing is when played using a high pass filter (cutting off everything below the 220hz range) you get this strange back ground noise that kinda sounds like... er... electric crickets

OK... wait...

While writing this ive been tinkering in the background (alt tabing hehe) and after isolating the 220hz range an above i then slowed it down, i was just messing around so didnt pay attention to exactly how much by, anyway it is REALLY weird... almost like old school modem sounds but without the screachy bits.

I dont normally make assumptions but it sounds almost like a computer language of some kind...

Dam... i wish there was a way to post WAV's on here.

You think im gonna get a knock on the door from the men in black now

Another weird thing... while playing it my mobile phone light came on as if the phone was gonna ring... no txt msg, no ring... just the light... Coincidence???

Hmm... im a bit freaked now

Dam... i should never have started this so late at night, i gotta go to bed thinking about this now

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Well with regards to

www.youtube.com...

ive speeded it up, slowed it down... passed it through filters... played it backwards and again run it through filters and changed speeds....

The only interesting thing is when played using a high pass filter (cutting off everything below the 220hz range) you get this strange back ground noise that kinda sounds like... er... electric crickets

OK... wait...

While writing this ive been tinkering in the background (alt tabing hehe) and after isolating the 220hz range an above i then slowed it down, i was just messing around so didnt pay attention to exactly how much by, anyway it is REALLY weird... almost like old school modem sounds but without the screachy bits.

I dont normally make assumptions but it sounds almost like a computer language of some kind...

Dam... i wish there was a way to post WAV's on here.

You think im gonna get a knock on the door from the men in black now

Another weird thing... while playing it my mobile phone light came on as if the phone was gonna ring... no txt msg, no ring... just the light... Coincidence???

Hmm... im a bit freaked now

Dam... i should never have started this so late at night, i gotta go to bed thinking about this now

thats nuts man all props to you for recording and posting this

[edit on 13-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Haven't read all the posts so maybe it's already been mentioned...

HAARP. (Edit- Well, that is the low frequency version of it I mean.)

And by the storm we're having here in Sacramento right now, I wouldn't doubt that's what it is. And now we central Californians are reaping the 'benefits' from it. Well, that's my conspiritorial perspective anyway. Extremely low frequency mechanical (sound) waves being shot up into the stratosphere in an effort to control weather. ELFs are uni-directional so at that amplitude they would be felt on the earth itself, not just in the air.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WATCH muksters video just above you

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Ive been around underground drilling and blasting before and this sounds nothing like that. I don't even think a nuclear boring device,like the one our government supposedly possesses,would even sound like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join