It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

why do they need to blast at the moon to uncover the presence of water? the Indian Chandrayaan had already taken ample pictures to show its presence. are they trying to hide/destroy some evidence etc?

if the indian chandrayaan had reached the moon, additional information could have been obtained. maybe it was stopped by nasa or by the aliens, who knows.

as regards blasting it, what sort of missiles are they using? moon is already been hit by numerous meoterites. it has 1/6 the gravity as compared to earth and is smaller too, hope they do not blast it out of it's orbit around the earth as it is the moon is slowly going away. i could not bear to see a night sky with stars and no moon.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by goldenlight]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
why would nasa bomb the moon, 57 million dollars down the drain, did america run out of arab countries to bomb. i read that this is actually a cover story and the real target is an alien underground bunker 150 miles from the blast site. This "target" was picked and made public so sensitive russian satellites would detect the seismic waves created by this blast and at the same time cover the true targets blastwaves. Apparently this strike is meant to be a warning to the aliens that america now has the capability to target their secrets bases and that anymore alien intrusions on american airspace will be met with retaliatory missile strikes. The aliens desperately want to remain secret to avoid a war of the world type scenario, where humanity rallies together to defeat them. their main mission is not colonizing a primitive society in their eyes, but to continue studying and collecting genetic material for unknown reasons. the aliens could be using this genetic material as a scientific base for biological weapons testing where they infect humanity with altered viruses, previously harmless to humans. The new nasa orion project which replaces the space shuttle program, makes manned missions to the moon more economically feasible and reliable since it is using proven technology and theories, but with 21 century hardware, computers and alloys. These rockets would be able to travel to the moon safely, but more importantly would be able to be launched clandestinely and be fitted with low yield nuclear war heads with an above average reliability that they would hit their targets. This has been an ongoing struggle between aliens and a select few in the american government to try to disrupt the aliens ongoing agenda and to harass them enough that they either find the situation to hostile to carry out their mission safely and effectively with minimum to zero casualties on their part or to state their purpose on earth and start negotiations beneficial to america.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Or are we suggesting that ancient ruins on the moon left there by the ancient martians who came to earth thousands of years ago to breed with the neanderthals and create modern humans, might get damaged in this process?????

There ya go

That must have been the secret knowledge in my DNA showing..

We all know that DNA stands for Don't No Anyfink!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I couldn't find where it says they will deliver a Centaur Missile other than in the OP. It's no surprise that none of the major players in space exploration have to this day ratified the 1979 Moon Treaty, which:

"Bans any military use of celestial bodies, including weapon testing or as military bases."

"Bans altering the environment of celestial bodies."

Shame because some rules and regulations need to be applied for these imbeciles who think the entire Universe is ours to do with as we please. I'm all for space exploration, but bombing and next mining the moon and other asteroids/planetoids (some believe this is already happening, it was certainly discussed at top level www.moonbase-italia.org... here amongst other places) is crazy. We've raped and pillaged the Earth, enough. Leave the rest of the solar system alone.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

How are those soul catchers btw?

Don't know you would have to ask John and Sleeper about that one

John never wanted to get too informative when I had the chance to U2U him...

I just assumed the story was better told than revealed..

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It's NOT a missile, it's the booster stage that propels the satellite into it's final orbit in space, it will have NO fuel in it, and will have the mass of a sports car.

It IS a missile.... it is a guided rocket with a kenetic impactor aimed at a target

MISSILE

Fair enough - that works by definition..

But firstly it is the LRO launch vehicle’s spent upper stage !! To forget or ignore that and consider it a missile specific for one purpose, is misleading.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
The date will be:

9 / 10 / 2009

This translates numerologically as:

9 / 1 / 11

Same old....Same Old.....anyone?

I thought you always added the numbers together, making it 9/1/2

Or has numberomologistics changed on me?? Which I never really followed anyhoo..

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oh. I didn't know the USA owned the moon.

I'm native american, and this doesn't sit well with me. ::shrug::

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

They bomb the Moon and it causes it to break up.

It's not going to happen. First, it's not a bomb. It's a satellite without explosives. It's being crashed into the Moon to see whether water is present.

We've spent $500 million on this project. They're not going to abort it.

The effect of this thing on the Moon will be less than a particle of dust hitting a large human. No one's going to get hurt. The Moon won't break up. A bunch of dust will spew out of the impact site, and eventually fall back down onto the Moon.

The Moon is constantly being bombarded by meteorites, often much larger than the piddling little thing we're using. The Moon has survived just fine, so far. We couldn't damage the Moon significantly even if we wanted to, using all our nukes. The nukes that would wipe out the entire human race wouldn't do much more than create some new craters on the Moon.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
"We forever watch for the surreal to happen, while not realising it is happening all the time" We as a speices have changed to the effect that this only bumps our interest. Whereas we should be up in arms at the stupidity of such a plan based on lets bash it and see what happens !!!!

I understand the reasoning behind a rod hitting the moons surface, creating a dust explosion and then seeing what if anything is in the dust.......BUT.....if by chance there are non-humans watching what is going on would they see this as an experiment or as a weapon. Im sure the latter would be the outcome.

My own personal CT off the wall (maybe) thoughts are that there is a connection between Fridays show and bluebeam.

Respects

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Don't go throwing your ancestry into this, the two things are entirely separate. The moon is uninhabited, nothing there unless some hardy bacteria are hanging out somewhere and if they are, they're bacteria! Doubtful there are any though.

The displacement, massacre and enslavement of a people is not at all comparable to firing a small object into an uninhabited moon that is regularly hit by objects the same size and sometimes hit by objects bigger and moving a lot faster.

NASA is doing this experiment to find out how much water is up their, once we have that we can maybe consider lunar bases. That is if there is enough water. The USA will be unable to build a base on the moon solo because if they tried that there would be massive global uproar. Politically they would really damage themselves. Instead it will be more like the ISS, a collaboration of countries.

If you want the world to come together and not have more problems then space exploration is a good way of achieving that goal. The entire world watched a man walking on the moon, whether you believe it happened or not, people crowded round small black and white tv's in every country in the world. Neighbors went into any local house with a tv and were welcomed.

Now imagine we build a base there, how many people will watch that happening? How many kids will be inspired to learn more about space and science in general? If you want peace, support this mission as it is another small step towards a space faring nation.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
I couldn't find where it says they will deliver a Centaur Missile other than in the OP.

I think "Centaur" was the name of the crater it's going to crash into.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Can anyone with facts and sources answer these basic questions:

1. This object they are aiming at the moon has or does not have explosives?
  2. What is the total mass of the object they are firing, and speed?
  3. What's the object made of?

I did a quick go through pages of these discussions, and all I learnt was following:

1. Object has no explosives.
  2. Mass would compare to that of a sports car.
  3. Object will be fired at twice the bullet speed.
  4. Object is a bomb and a missile.
  5. We may be going into undeclared war against space aliens.
  6. Such a war is most important and must be stopped before it's too late.
  7. Numerology says we're all doomed.
  8. Time-wave-zero theory says we're all doomed.
  9. People with simply nothing better to do, say we're all doomed.

Last, but not least, I also learned some new things about the moon:

1. It has a dense tropical jungle with technologically advanced inhabitants.
  2. It has lots of blue oceans, despite the fact it's the coldest place in solar system.
  3. Well, it definitely has SOME water on it anyway.
  4. It's being mined by us and space aliens and has urban structures on it.
  5. It is a space craft which looks like a planet.
  6. It's gonna break up if we fire this object at it and then fall back to earth.

Now jokes aside, I think this thread beats Michael Jackson one. Just answering those 3 basic questions gives us a lot of answers. So far, I can find more reliable info on Uncyclopedia

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
They are really that stupid!

The dices are now rolling...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

That was funny SassyCat ... you have summed up this thread perfectly. In other words some people believe what they believe and no amount of evidence to the contrary can persuade them otherwise, others are actually learning from this thread (investigating the moon colours lead me into some fascinating web site with the most incrediblly awe-inspiring photographs from real scentific expeditions).

Human are afraid of the unknown. That much has always been clear - we are afraid of change and afraid of opening doors.

Yes, we may not always predict what is going to happen when we open certain doors ... but at least some of us have the courage to open those doors.
Discovering FIRE was a huge risk for man - and many people have died from our use of Fire, but the benefits have been incalculable.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

OH MY GOD!

Now this is one small step BACKWARDS for mankind!

We explore an awesome exotic place... then we bomb it. Awesome... the good old barbaric way. No, even with all the tech (that's not so advanced anyways... where are the robot drills!?), we still have'nt learned anything...

Feels like a #ty Michael Bay flick...

BOOM!

[edit on 7/10/09 by Echtelion]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I though water was already discovered by the Indian satelite, this mission seems unnecesarry I thinkthat nasa is testing weapons that can be used from outer space. Humans are terrible! We dont even understand the moon fully, what if it splits in half or a large chunk breaks off??

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
We explore an awesome exotic place... then we bomb it.

It's not an 'awesome exotic place'.
It's a dust covered rock. The 'bombing' is just a little 'poof' of dust.
It's called space exploration.
It doesn't hurt anyone. It expands our understanding of the universe.

OY

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

OH MY GOD!

Now this is one small step BACKWARDS for mankind!

We explore an awesome exotic place... then we bomb it. Awesome... the good old barbaric way. No, even with all the tech (that's not so advanced anyways... where are the robot drills!?), we still have'nt learned anything...

Read the thread, it is not a bomb (how many more times seriously?). The advanced tech would be horrendously expensive to examine what we are looking for. Secondly once again the Moon is REGULARLY impacted by objects larger than this little probe! Don't you get that? Things smash into it all the time, some are truly massive objects and guess what, the Moon is still there!Robot drills won't really work either, we need a large sample not a small one.

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I though water was already discovered by the Indian satelite, this mission seems unnecesarry I thinkthat nasa is testing weapons that can be used from outer space. Humans are terrible! We dont even understand the moon fully, what if it splits in half or a large chunk breaks off??

I truly am about to cry in utter despair. Please step away from the keyboard and pick up a textbook, or hey even just a history book. Once again, the moon has been impacted by truly massive objects and it is still there. It has been impacted by numerous pieces of space junk, larger than this probe and we have observed the craters. We have a very good idea of the damage this will create.

As for the indian satellite and water, yes it detected it. However we have no clear idea of how much is there and without that, trying to set up a lunar base would be foolhardy. It's like walking into a desert and not knowing where the water holes are.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Hopefully it hits the earth and wipes everyone out, because seriously, Im worried that with the level of sheer ignorance in this thread, WE ARE DOOMED ANYWAY...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join