It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
I thought you always added the numbers together, making it 9/1/2
Or has numberomologistics changed on me?? Which I never really followed anyhoo..

Well if you never followed it....

A date is reduced to one number
9 / 10 / 2009 would be 9+1+0+2+0+0+9 =21 = 3

If the total is 11, 22, or 33 then those are prime numbers and do not get reduced
People like Jesus, Buddha, Dalai Lama would be a 33

Ahh
You just made me recall that now, had forgotten all about it!!

I did look into it about 20 years ago, my memory from those days is a bit hazy !

As to he soul tower... the Hopi and other natives also believe the soul goes to the moon first. The reason John cannot give more detail is simply because he has no more details. Read the works of Ingo Swann, Joe McMoneagle and Sleeper and you can find out where the idea originated

Oh I think I'll prefer to leave it as Hopi lore. Makes more sense that way. Much the same as most of the Aborigine dreamtime stories I know of, there's not point looking for scientific evidence for it.

PS LCross and LRO are two separate missions

Yep, the LCROSS was on board the same Launch vehicle as the LRO, and the Centaur was the upper stage for that vehicle. The LCROSS and Centaur have separated and the LRO is off on it's own business.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I will be watching this, as I hope many others will. I personally hope nothing bad comes of this but due to things I have seen either something bad is going to happen with the moon, possibly Nibiru will be coming around soon, or some unforeseen danger is upon us. I say all this because of the visions I have had since I was a child. Which I had posted on ATS but was of course moved to BTS. Check it out.
belowtopsecret
I would like to hear everyones personal thoughts and interpretations on what I have seen and of course everything can be explained in better detail. All one must do is ask.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
and so this is how it begins.... the war... between Humans & ET!

Thank you USofA! NASA is NOT a civilian space research organization, they are a part of "Military Department" and are owned by them, what they say is what they'll do! Bombing our moon to destroy "evidence" of ET or starting a Galactic war!

NASA is violating the International Space Treaty.

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject. The U.N. Outer Space Treaty, which the U.S. has ratified, requires that “ The moon and other celestial bodies shall be used by all States Parties to the Treaty exclusively for peaceful purposes. The establishment of military bases, installations and fortifications, the testing of any type of weapons and the conduct of military manoeuvres on celestial bodies shall be forbidden.” 98 nations have ratified and 125 nations have signed the U.N. Outer Space Treaty.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
blowing up the moon even a piece of it is the most moronic thing they could do in space considering the fact that the moon controls our oceans currents ect. in my opinion they should not mess with something that wasnt meant to be. this may sound a little exaggerated on my part but to me it seems like the way things are going now we are going to end up destroying ourselves with more of these "brilliant" ideas.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Darkhunter008]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkhunter008

Were we "meant" to wear clothes? Build shelters? Grow crops? Raise animals? Travel faster than we can walk? Fly?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkhunter008
blowing up the moon even a piece of it is the most moronic thing they could do in space considering the fact that the moon controls our oceans currents ect. in my opinion they should not mess with something that wasnt meant to be. this may sound a little exaggerated on my part but to me it seems like the way things are going now we are going to end up destroying ourselves with more of these "brilliant" ideas.

I guess I'll have to repeat a simple point again to let it soak in, hopefully:

Moon has been bombarded, and will be in the future, by objects much larger than what will be dropped on Friday, with a lot more energy.

The panic looks just silly.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkhunter008

I am really beginning to get tired and confused. I understand completely that people have different viewpoints and i support that ideal. However i am failing to see the mental cut off so many people have here. Many of you are willfully ignorant and even when the facts, indisputable as they be are put forward, you still choose to ignore them. So lets try and do a recap and all the people who have posted saying this should be stoppped, please come up with a logical argument against them. Don't just say "it's dangerous" please explain exactly why by countering these points.

1. Through time the Moon has been bombarded by massive objects, objects far larger than the one we're going to fire into them. These objects have often been travelling far faster as well and therefore have more energy when they collide with the Moon.

The Moon has some truly wonderful craters. One of my favorites (yes i have a favorite i'm a geek) is Clavius. Wiki link here

en.wikipedia.org...

This thing is 225 KM in diameter and 3.5 KM deep. LCROSS is going to makea crater with a diameter of approx 22 m. For those not familiar with the metric system there are 1,000 m in a KM. That should give you some idea of the size of past impacts.

2. The moon today is still bombarded by objects, including space junk that we have launched. Many of our objects have been far larger than the LCROSS mission.

3. Considering points 1 and 2, why do you think that the moon will suddenly split and somehow effect our tides or the general interaction of the Moon with the Earth?

4. Considering ponit 3. If the Moon has some kind of structural instability, a fault line that is weak for example. Don't you think that the gravitational interaction between the Earth, Sun and Moon, would have ripped the Moon apart by now? Simply saying that it may only need one final blow before it cracks is ridiculous when you consider that this impact will be tiny and only effect a small proportion of the surface.

Further if this impact is that dangerous in your minds then why are you not pertitioning NASA and indeed the governments of the world to create some kind of defense system to destroy any incoming meteorites that may hit the Moon? After all these meteors regularly impact the Moon.

Please address these points.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Although not likly,I cant help but think back to this movie scene.

Go to the 5 min mark..........

It always amazes me to why people feel the need to do something,just cause they can.

Ahhh humanity,gotta love it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well as interesting as bombing the moon may be, I'm sure it isn't for testing to see if there is water.

I know youtube vids may not seem credible, but supposedly Nasa has made the trip and brought samples back from the moon.

www.youtube.com...

That is a vid showing moon dust being turned into water.

In my honest opinion they are bombing the aliens that like to watch humans. Will it effect the aliens in any way, shape, or form, not likely. If aliens really wanted to protect themselves in the moon, i'm sure they could just shoot that rocket down like target practice or they are so far into the moon it wont matter.

If there is anything to be worried about, it would be the moon shifting into a different orbit causing global weather hazards.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The problem is that the samples that they brought back were thought to be contaminated. Even a moments exposure to our atmosphere could have caused them to soak up water vapour which would massively throw off any test. Therefore we have to retest, as science always does to make sure. Otherwise we will be sending a lunar colony to a place without sufficient water. A serious waste of time, money, resources and most importantly a very dangerous scenario for the astronauts.

Trying to create water out of the minerals is a tricky problem, if it were really simple in the constraints of space then they wouldn't have bothered with this test. Extracting water from the soil would be far easier and require less energy. Just think about it for a second, the man in that video had to heat the minerals to 800 degrees celcius. That power output is huge!

Now consider that if the lunar dust has plenty of water you could extract it easily, either by a lower heat or, more interestingly by exploiting a property space has lots of, vacuum.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

jra

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The panic looks just silly.

I find it to be both hilarious and sad at the same time.

The LCROSS impact will be the equivalent of a bug hitting ones car windshield. In other words, it will do nothing to the Moon. I can say this with certainty as I know that there have been at least 47 man made impacts into the Moon previously to LCROSS. Some of those were intentional, some not. Either way, a small rocket stage is going to do nothing to the Moon.

All these over-sensationalized news articles don't help either. Especially with the use of the word "bomb". It's horribly misleading.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yeah, the video in my opinion is speculation. Along with america never landing on the moon either. But who is to say for sure, most info people get is so filtered its sometimes not even worth reading.

Lets see what happens on Friday, i'm sure youtube will have some videos posted. Nasa is going to have a tv thing going to on their website, i'll see if i can find a link.

Edited to add a sentence and a link

there is a link, but it was posted in the 2nd post on this thread. there it is again

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In my opinion it's not the actual event that has to be questioned, since this has been done before and not just by the U.S. but other countries as well. The question I would have would be what is the real reason behind the event, since this is obviously a media event. I mean knowing how these things go this must be a smoke screen for something. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is something else going on, but you know what they say about spin doctoring..the best hiding places are in plain sight just a thought!

ejaylinz

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

My only concern about this mission is that it's estimated the impact will occur at 11:30 UT and i'm in the UK. I won't really be able to see it by simply looking up
Oh well guess i'll stick with the live feed, not the same though.

And yes that was a slight geeky moan

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yeah im guna try and get up early or something so i can see it too, i cant wait to see what happens!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

Yeah im guna try and get up early or something so i can see it too, i cant wait to see what happens!

its not like theyre setting off a nuke lol, anyway where does it say they are going to bomb the moon? All theyre going to do is crash a piece of equipment into it, they dont mention anything about explosives. This thread has gone way over the top due to the false title.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Practice. They need a live target...and since the Moon is close, it's best to be up front with the event. The whole world will notice or be made aware of the disturbance.

Plainly and simply stated, "Practice".

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
its not like theyre setting off a nuke lol, anyway where does it say they are going to bomb the moon? All theyre going to do is crash a piece of equipment into it, they dont mention anything about explosives. This thread has gone way over the top due to the false title.

Erm many of us know they're not setting off a nuke or any explosive material, it will still be fantastic to see. I guess it depends on the person viewing it, to me it's awe inspiring the idea of a massive plume of dust ejecting from the Moon and us examining it with a piece of apparatus floating in space. Something that may just be a once in a lifetime thing as meteors aren't exactly scheduled so hard to try and view a plume that way.

The thread is being kept perfectly on track after some of us kept repeatedly pointing out that no explosives are onboard.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why are they wasting their funds on that? Seems pointless and awesome. Who doesn't like to blow things up? Especially your own moon that could destroy the ecosystem of the world if it throws off the gravitational pole hard enough? Idiots.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Commando717
Why are they wasting their funds on that? Seems pointless and awesome. Who doesn't like to blow things up? Especially your own moon that could destroy the ecosystem of the world if it throws off the gravitational pole hard enough? Idiots.

Ok why didn't you read the thread, all of your ignorant comments have already been addressed. It is far from pointless, there are no explosives onboard and the amount of energy needed to throw off the Moons orbit, even slightly, would be incredibly large.

Getting really tired of people, who have absolutely no clue at all what they're talking about, posting in this thread. Pick up a book. You don't need to be an expert, just have some basic knowledge of physics, a high school level should be enough to see that this experiment is perfectly safe.

Well safe for us, but i do feel extremely sorry for those poor little clangers.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join