It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

NASA may abandon plans for moon base 29 April 2009
www.newscientist.com...

NASA to Abandon Plan for Moon Base? April 30, 2009
www.skyandtelescope.com...

Even on Discovery's Bad Astronomy...

NASA May Scrap Plans for a Permanent Moon Base
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

So what's up with all that eh?

So what's up with all that eh?

Plasma Rocket Could Travel to Mars in 39 Days
www.physorg.com...

But Ad Astra has bigger plans for VASIMR, such as high-speed missions to Mars. A 10- to 20-megawatt VASIMR engine could propel human missions to Mars in just 39 days, whereas conventional rockets would take six months or more. The shorter the trip, the less time astronauts would be exposed to space radiation, which is a significant hurdle for Mars missions. VASIMR could also be adapted to handle the high payloads of robotic missions, though at slower speeds than lighter human missions.

Chang-Diaz has been working on the development of the VASIMR concept since 1979, before founding Ad Astra in 2005 to further develop the project. The technology uses radio waves to heat gases such as hydrogen, argon, and neon, creating hot plasma. Magnetic fields force the charged plasma out the back of the engine, producing thrust in the opposite direction. Due to the high velocity that this method achieves, less fuel is required than in conventional engines. In addition, VASIMR has no physical electrodes in contact with the plasma, prolonging the engine's lifetime and enabling a higher power density than in other designs.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 013131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by YoungGod88
have any of you seen or heard of any object impacting the moon since you were alive?

Yuppers...

Each red dot denotes a meteoroid impact observed since Nov. 2005 by members of the NASA Meteoroid Environment Office. Credit: NASA

Meteoroids are smashing into the Moon a lot more often than anyone expected. That's the tentative conclusion of Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, after his team observed two Leonids hitting the Moon on Nov. 17, 2006. "We've now seen 11 and possibly 12 lunar impacts since we started monitoring the Moon one year ago," says Cooke. "That's about four times more hits than our computer models predicted."

www.physorg.com...

how can any object impact the side of the moon we see if earth is in the way?

Earth is only in the way from one direction... there is a lot of space between Earth and the Moon and anything coming at an angle can hit it on Near side

OH and the Moon DOES rotate on its axis... one rotation per orbit

umm no it doesn't if it did i wouldn't be able to see the same side every night

and i know theres alot of space between earth and the moon but if there is objects in between they wouldn't be able to hit the moon head on unless they came from earth

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Let's see if the aliens that live there allow it or if they disable it like last time lol

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
nasa moon war with aliens huh?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88
umm no it doesn't if it did i wouldn't be able to see the same side every night

ummm yes it does or we would see all sides of the moon...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungGod88

Umm yes it does.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

Be a little careful . . . the Moon does rotate. If you stood on the Moon, the stars would rise and set, just like they do on Earth, except that a lunar day is a month long, the same as the Moon's orbital period. The Moon rotates at just the right speed so that it always keeps one face pointed toward the Earth, which seems like a pretty big coincidence, doesn't it?

Read the whole article, you might learn something.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
nasa moon war with aliens huh?

Israel's Final Warning to the Moon?

Source

It was hard, listening to Binyamin Netanyahu excoriating NASA on Thursday, to avoid the impression that this speech -- in all its righteous, angry, victimized fury -- could one day be seen as a milestone in the Mideast’s march toward lunar destruction.

Here was the Israeli prime minister, standing in Houston, TX before the very body that had condemned the Jewish state so many times, evoking Winston Churchill, offering documentary proof that the Holocaust really happened and warning the world of its blindness to the gathering storm. The danger in Netanyahu’s view, of course, is the Moon and its nuclear ambitions.

And even as Netanyahu delivered his admonition, the Moon was preparing to confirm to the world that it was operating a second, illegal uranium enrichment plant. “I believe...peace can be achieved,” said Netanyahu. “But only if we roll back the forces of terror, led by the Moon, that seek to destroy peace, eliminate Israel and overthrow the world order. The question facing the international community is whether it is prepared to confront those forces or accommodate them.”

When I was The Post’s correspondent in Israel 10 years ago, there was urgency in the Jewish state’s warnings of the peril posed by the Moon. That urgency has now reached a fever pitch inside Israel, as the Moon draws closer to nuclear capability -- a fever reflected in the nearly apocalyptic shades of Netanyahu's rhetoric. Will his speech in Houston be the Jewish state’s final warning to the Moon?

[edit on 7-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thought this was about 'bombing' the pole to see if water exists...If my memory serves me well wasn;t this discovered in last two weeks or so anyways...so this seems futile???
Really don't get the 'need' for this....seems totally out of order to me...Why?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The date will be:

9 / 10 / 2009

This translates numerologically as:

9 / 1 / 11

Same old....Same Old.....anyone?

Friday will tell whether there is another 'reason' for this bombing!

But the bombing is being carried out by the very same people who wage war in Afghanistan against the Taliban who carried out the 'outrage' of bombing the Bunyan Buddha!

Yet they are to bomb the much loved face of our friend, 'the Moon'!

The crazies have taken over the asylum!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This thing's been headed toward the moon since June. Clearly, after spending money to get it there, you don't expect them to suddenly say, "screw it, let's not do this." I don't know if they even have the ability to redirect it now. And if they did, what a waste of money. I'm sure NASA scientists would like a chance to look at whatever data they can get from this rather than asking India to see their notes on their own mission results.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
There may be another reason for bombing the moon. The water story? does hold water anymore (pardon the pun) Last month the Indian Space probe confirmed that there was water on the moon. Nasa could very well cancell this event unless they have another reason on their agenda.
No good asking them though, as you well know NASA stands for Never A Straight Answer.

There has been a lot of discussions and interesting information about possible intelligent life on the moon. If it is the case they would be far far more advanced than we are. Lets hope that if yhis is the case they are intelligent enough Not to shoot someting much more powerful back at the earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
NASA WILL KILL US ALL NEVER MIND THE NWO killing us off with forced sterilizing flu-vaccines.

Why does NASA want to bomb the Moon all of a sudden? What purpose and whose agenda does that serve? Where is the debris from the explosion going to end up at? I wonder if the inhabitants of the Moon will put a stop to this destruction, I certainly hope so. Wipe NASA off the face of the planet and the NWO with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
More American insanity! And yet not a voice raised in a whisper against it? I am dumbfounded by the ignorance of American corporations/government who believe bombing a pristine environment is the way to go?!
Shame on you all for not demanding this be stopped!

yea.. ?? !!! and how exactally do you suppose to stop it!!!?? Try looking at the DNC & RNC conventions, Tea Parties that went bad, COUNTLESS times congress (men and women) TURN their backs on hot issues, etc, etc ..

What? We just going to $#)$* STORM INTO NASA and take it over??!!!

SHAME ON YOU FOR SPOUTING OFF WITHOUT A SHRED OF CONCERN FOR COMING UP WITH A SOILD PLAN~!!!

If you haven't noticed, USA is already under attack, and it aint from AL-kiDUH!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
It's NOT a missile, it's the booster stage that propels the satellite into it's final orbit in space, it will have NO fuel in it, and will have the mass of a sports car.

It IS a missile.... it is a guided rocket with a kenetic impactor aimed at a target

MISSILE

It's a missile in the same way the aircraft on 9/11 were missiles. Guided? It's about as guided as a Katyusha rocket.

Let's bomb the moon.

[edit on 7/10/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Having read all posts...there's obviously a need for scientific research...I do not think 'bombing the Moon is going to have an impact on our infrastucture...and i think it's more than likely an investigation for building a colony on the moon and seeing what things might be beneficial and sustainable in such a hostile climate-
After all, the Mercury/Apollo research did begin 20 yrs before man finally walked on the moon...so let's see what the moon has to offer...
I really think this is the follow up in our future exploration of space...and also what could be mined on the moon?.....sustainable energy for a few years or so?...who knows...but maybe we also need to remain postive for our future.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
ATS-Deny Ignorance......

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
thats about 9:30 PM AEST for those in Brisbane
Hopefully should be a interesting sight!

God knows why they would bomb the moon though.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just one thing comes to my mind. The masonic programming that has been done on us to accept this crap.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7ed9f59c0ae.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
thats about 9:30 PM AEST for those in Brisbane
Hopefully should be a interesting sight!

God knows why they would bomb the moon though.

bin Laden is hiding in a crater.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Just one thing comes to my mind. The masonic programming that has been done on us to accept this crap.
members.cox.net...

The Time Machine is one such movie if I remember the movie correctly? I believe the moon is cracked in that one.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by PenandSword]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join