It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
NASA should be scraped they have done nothing worthwhile since the moon landing's.
You could say they have gone backwards the ISS what a waste of money and no use what so ever to me they are the laughing stock of science.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

Last, but not least, I also learned some new things about the moon:

1. It has a dense tropical jungle with technologically advanced inhabitants.
  2. It has lots of blue oceans, despite the fact it's the coldest place in solar system.
  3. Well, it definitely has SOME water on it anyway.
  4. It's being mined by us and space aliens and has urban structures on it.
  5. It is a space craft which looks like a planet.
  6. It's gonna break up if we fire this object at it and then fall back to earth.

So far, I can find more reliable info on Uncyclopedia

I wish I could star this post a billion times. The amount of unbridled speculation and unabashed stupidity on ATS has grown expenentially since I joined 5 years ago. I've had enough, frankly.

Can anyone recommend a website where we can speculate and investigate in a controlled, intelligent manner?

[edit on 7/10/09 by Smokersroom]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecowgirl

So what's it to you Cowgirl? How can this important scientific experiment on a dead orb cause you so much grief? What is so important at this location on the moon? Are there any endangered species or is the ecosystem in danger? What?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

I'm with you Smoker, where can we find some intelligent conversation?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I though water was already discovered by the Indian satelite, this mission seems unnecesarry I thinkthat nasa is testing weapons that can be used from outer space. Humans are terrible! We dont even understand the moon fully, what if it splits in half or a large chunk breaks off??

I truly am about to cry in utter despair. Please step away from the keyboard and pick up a textbook, or hey even just a history book. Once again, the moon has been impacted by truly massive objects and it is still there. It has been impacted by numerous pieces of space junk, larger than this probe and we have observed the craters. We have a very good idea of the damage this will create.

As for the indian satellite and water, yes it detected it. However we have no clear idea of how much is there and without that, trying to set up a lunar base would be foolhardy. It's like walking into a desert and not knowing where the water holes are.

Yes the moon has been impacted by "truly massive objects" this indicates that the moon could have been damaged underneath it's surface by past impacts, how do we know for certain that this impact would not further the damage? We have "observed" these craters but we are not sure whether they contain water or the amounts of water they copntain, yet we are confident enough to crash probes into the surface... sounds pretty stupid to me?? We dont know what will happen because if we knew the results we wouldn't be doing it now would we???

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

I suspect it probably won't be on the internet

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Yes the moon has been impacted by "truly massive objects" this indicates that the moon could have been damaged underneath it's surface by past impacts, how do we know for certain that this impact would not further the damage? We have "observed" these craters but we are not sure whether they contain water or the amounts of water they copntain, yet we are confident enough to crash probes into the surface... sounds pretty stupid to me?? We dont know what will happen because if we knew the results we wouldn't be doing it now would we???

The Moon is a solid body with a density we have pretty accurately mapped, it shows no signs of having large, gaping holes within it's core. Furthermore if the moon had any serious structural weaknesses then the interaction of the gravitational pull of the Earth and Sun would rip the Moon apart. The Moons gravity manages to strain the oceans into different shapes, the weight of that volume of water alone would rip the thing apart.

The idea that one more, small probe will cause an instability is simply ludicrous and if it is true then we all better start making plans because the Moon gets hit quite often. As for not knowing what will happen, we are quite aware of the size of crater that will appear, the experiment is simply designed to accurately gauge the amount of water in the Moons surface. That is why we are doing it.

Measurments from orbit can only tell us so much about the exact amount of water within the dust. The same orbiting platforms can however tell us a great deal about approximate density and the past impacts we have observed give us a very accurate mathematical model to predict the effect of any body hitting the surface.

We're obviously all doomed

[edit on 7-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yeah I am so against this. Why in the world do they even need to do this? Its not OURS to mess with! Why do we always think we are able to just do what we want to whatever we want whenever we want. NASA should leave the moon alone! I love the moon the way it is. They are just going to mess her all up...

on you NASA

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by spacecowgirl

So what's it to you Cowgirl? How can this important scientific experiment on a dead orb cause you so much grief? What is so important at this location on the moon? Are there any endangered species or is the ecosystem in danger? What?

You have no idea what is really up there. Nasa doesnt own the moon. They already found water so what is their real intention of this? I think the reasons they say they are doing it are complete BS. There is another reason and they wont tell anyone I am sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yeah I am so against this. Why in the world do they even need to do this? Its not OURS to mess with! Why do we always think we are able to just do what we want to whatever we want whenever we want. NASA should leave the moon alone! I love the moon the way it is. They are just going to mess her all up...

on you NASA

Yeah you're right, putting a crater on the Moon when it's so beautiful and blemish free. Oh no wait, the Moon? Isn't that the one with more pot marks than a 14 year old dungeons and dragons player who feasts exclusively on fast food?

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

You have no idea what is really up there. Nasa doesnt own the moon. They already found water so what is their real intention of this? I think the reasons they say they are doing it are complete BS. There is another reason and they wont tell anyone I am sure.

We have a very good idea of what is up there, we're just getting an even more accurate measurment. It's like saying you know there is dust under your table, but only if you examine it under a microscope do you know the exact composition in fine detail.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Okey, I'm gonna take another angle on this as a "What if?" What if, NASA's not bombing the moon to find something but bombing the moon to get rid of something? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I would suggest the JREF forums, the BadAstronomy forums, or the League of Reason forums. Though you're not going to find a whole lot of tolerance and playful imagining about conspiracy theories on those kinds of sites, as they cater more to the skeptic crowd.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You know, people could really make some money from this...

www.paramountzone.com...

Buy an acre of the moon ASAP!

Once they blow it up, sue NASA for the damages.

Only in America would a missile be launched at the moon, only in America could someone sue NASA for moon damages.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
NASA should be scraped they have done nothing worthwhile since the moon landing's.

What a mix of arrogance and ignorance...

To me, the Mars robotic missions alone have been spectacular and rich with new science. There have been plenty others.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Only in America would a missile be launched at the moon, only in America could someone sue NASA for moon damages.

You know what? That's a great idea! I cannot believe i did not think of this, sue NASA and the USA for damaging my moon patch, which i will now buy. Genius of an idea
Although to think of that scheme..............you must be an American!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I am actually Scottish but I had american anchestors in one side of the family

It might actually work

The only thing is, they might miss the Moon and hit Iran by the looks of things.

Always remember though, that every passing moon cycle is a chance to turn it all around.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Slightly off topic but i can't believe people buy those Moon shares. I mean they're just fun for some people but others really believe they own part of the Moon. I wonder what will happen if they ever build a base up there and someone tries to claim land rights?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by XXXN3O

Slightly off topic but i can't believe people buy those Moon shares. I mean they're just fun for some people but others really believe they own part of the Moon. I wonder what will happen if they ever build a base up there and someone tries to claim land rights?

Are you serious, aww thats not good, I just spent my wages on moon shares.

Doh!

Seriously though, I have experienced a man boasting to me in a bar about owning some of the moon. That would be hilarious if there was ever a court case, it would not surprise me though.

I can just picture someone reading this and spitting beer over their monitor screaming, "Those NASA sobs are going to bomb my moon, we shall see about that, HONEY get my moon share certificate to I phone NASA!"

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The reason they are "bombing" the moon even if we have found traces of water is because in permanently shielded craters there could be LOTS of water ice.

If there really are aliens, Im sure they grew past this "omg thats an act of war!" stage, territorial pissings are just primitive human trait.
And until they show their presence oficialy, the moon is no-mans land.

Another reason they do it is that it can reveal the existence of big holes or cavities under moons surface, which are expected due to anomalous gravity field of moon. But surely not as big as those "hollow moon" crackpots think.

No way in hell is this gonna damage our moon.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
I thought you always added the numbers together, making it 9/1/2
Or has numberomologistics changed on me?? Which I never really followed anyhoo..

Well if you never followed it....

A date is reduced to one number
9 / 10 / 2009 would be 9+1+0+2+0+0+9 =21 = 3

If the total is 11, 22, or 33 then those are prime numbers and do not get reduced
People like Jesus, Buddha, Dalai Lama would be a 33

As to he soul tower... the Hopi and other natives also believe the soul goes to the moon first. The reason John cannot give more detail is simply because he has no more details. Read the works of Ingo Swann, Joe McMoneagle and Sleeper and you can find out where the idea originated

PS LCross and LRO are two separate missions

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join