It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

The impression you give is important when you aren't giving an accurate one. We, as Christians, cannot look down on or talk down to others. We cannot exclude because we don't want to hear their comments. Christ would not avoid his critics, neither should we.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

very very well said .
nothing further.
ok. one more thing
This is kinda cool, I just realised hanging out here for a while,
would be like watching a large pot hole on the street somewhere.
You want to warn people, but how? So you keep watching hoping no one
gets hurt. After a while you realise people will only suffer a nice jolt and from there the comedy of it just gets better. Until it finally becomes hysterical.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

As an agnostic, I find this very disturbing. The youtube poster should be proud of himself for hanging in there.

There are people sincerely fearful of being wrong in their antagonistic hatred of religion. So they bash, bash and bash some more. There is no reason for it. What purpose does it honestly serve?

Maybe we all have our different conclusions. I would appreciate it if I didnt have preachers trying to jam their conclusions down my throat and I am positive they would be greatful for not having anti-religious hatred jammed down there throat.

I personally do not believe in the addage "If you have nothing good to say then dont say anything at all," but when someone has dedicated their life to a certain lifestyle, that you disagree with, what good is it going to do to preach to that aperson about how wrong they are? It will only strengthen their fortitude.

Star and flag. Hopefully it wil wake some people up...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

What is so wrong with wanting just one thread without hate mail? Practically every other subject at ATS and anywhere on the internet for that matter, is not open for being rudely criticized and put down in droves. Any other thread where people would do that, the posters would be warned and their comments removed, but not where the Christians are hanging out. Would it make you happy if I changed the title to This thread is positively of Christian viewers and their haters ONLY?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I heard/saw a video today that brought tears to my eyes, and thought I would like to share it with other Believers. I put it in Global Meltdown because the battle between good and evil is the very thing behind the global meltdown.

Just like a Christian.

You're a good little puppet, aren't you?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well I looked at their account and I dont see why anyone would be so mean or hateful to this person. Like I said sticks and stones
I think everyone has a right to believe in what they want and shouldnt be judged by it. I dont care if you believe the toaster in your kitchen is your God. Whatever you want to believe, it you are happy with it then so be it. People should leave this guy alone IMO, he is just reading for heavens sake!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Im sorry. you are mistaken. I have no belief that jesus Christ was anymore divine than Buddha was. Yet I was taught respect and humility by my father.

Ones respect has little to do with their beliefs in 'God'...unless it is respect demanded by those who use "hell" as a tool of manipulation and punishment.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MIMRblazin

Oh, nooooooo, you called me a Christian!!

Somehow I think I'm going to be able to pull myself back together.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by Revealation

The impression you give is important when you aren't giving an accurate one. We, as Christians, cannot look down on or talk down to others. We cannot exclude because we don't want to hear their comments. Christ would not avoid his critics, neither should we.

I understand this point and I'm not saying to exclude anyone...All I'm saying is that regardless of what you show them there are multitudes who have been trying to discredit Christ from the beginning and it doesn't or ever will matter what image you try to present them with because all they are and want is hate.

What more perfect example can you give than a faultless man willfully dying for people who hate him?

A totally selfless act harmful to only the man who allowed it to occur yet people try to act as if his dying is somehow a ttributed to them being violated.

I don't want to hear they're being forced to be indoctrinated because they have the choice to listen and accept it or not. There's plenty of nonsense spewed daily that I could say is a violation of my rights and beliefs but as long as they aren't an act of physical nature against me, I choose to listen and see if there's anything which can help me benefit from it.Take the good and leave the bad.

The anti Christians also have this choice but choose to blow it out of proportion as if Christians are committing some physical, violant terrorist act against them they are unable to fight off.It's an melodromatic overexaggeration and infintile gesture and agenda specifically designed to spread hate.

What's any different than if you substituted the word Christian for black or Muslim, Jew or any other race or religion?

The difference is that those would be considered a hate crime.

Here's my personal analysis and Quote:

Christian, American, Caucasian.....The worlds most hated Species

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by johnny2127

What is so wrong with wanting just one thread without hate mail? Practically every other subject at ATS and anywhere on the internet for that matter, is not open for being rudely criticized and put down in droves. Any other thread where people would do that, the posters would be warned and their comments removed, but not where the Christians are hanging out. Would it make you happy if I changed the title to This thread is positively of Christian viewers and their haters ONLY?

Actually, I think it's the same mentality that evokes a "hate mail" response that evokes your separatist thoughts from other religions. Once you've decided to draw a line stating the differences between two people, including something so abstract and personal as thoughts/beliefs, you're only going to attract that which you oppose.

Christian haters will flock to the devout and both will try to convince the other that they are wrong.

If people simply let 'well enough' alone, and kept their relationship with God to themselves, you may be surprised at how well everyone gets along with each other.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I would be willing to bet that gay atheists and extremist Mus***s are mostly behind the thousands and thousands of utterly hate-filled venomous comments made about Christian-related videos on YouTube.

I starred your post, but found this probably to be untrue.

Actually, quite contrary to be honest. I would be willing to assume that the more hate the posts contain are from more moderate athiests who may feel "insecure" about their atheism and "non- beliefs." Just as when Christians become very defensive; it is because their faith is not based on much. Their foundation of belief may not be cemented...just indoctrinated when they are young. The ones who are secure in what they believe dont usually resort to the hate speech...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randomiser

Indeed. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all preach that ones belief is a personal relationship with their respective Gods. God resides in the 'heart'...which in reality is the mind, and it is not incumbant on the believer to force others to believe as they do.

Posting a youtube video is not forcing anyone to do anything, and the responses the youtuber got are nothing short of bullying and using the system in place to shoot down someone with different beliefs of their own. It is definitely being used for something other than what it was intended for. Kind of reminds you of politics, eh?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Im sorry. you are mistaken. I have no belief that jesus Christ was anymore divine than Buddha was. Yet I was taught respect and humility by my father.

I'm even more sorry, because I'm not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So, your saying the belief in God somehow has to do with peoples respect??
Shall i give multiple examples of disrespectful religious leaders?

Easily done...

and lets not go into the followers...

so, yes you are mistaken...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm not Christian. I'm a practicing witch.

I watched the video.
I understand the depth of religious feeling.
I understand the fear.

The video seems pleading and even hysterical. The person talking seems quite scared.

Why be so afraid? I do not understand the fear.
Don't misunderstand - I like to engage in the discussions of doom and gloom myself. The world is changing for the worst. The planet itself may be in peril.
Yet my domain is a small one, and all I can do is care for my own allotted land and the creatures on it. So I do what I can.

What will be, will be. The Christian religion teaches us that there is an everlasting eternal life. So why be so very, very afraid?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

so, yes you are mistaken...

Well I disagree with you because I was only refering to those who had posted a negative response
before you even made your first post. No where did I say anything about all people being a certain way on iether side of the fence, nor would I ever make such a sweeping iresponsible statement. copy?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I didn't really read fear from the video. I identified with an indescribable sadness knowing that your fellow man is dooming his eternal soul unless he gets to the true and simple message of Christ. Now see, I know that certainly will anger you because you feel I am judging you and predicting what will happen to you unless you believe as I do. I'm sorry that is one reason I made the title a sort of warning, you came in with your eyes wide open.

I appreciated your respectful manner in posting as a non-believer w/o calling me every name in the book, or w/o blaspheming the Lord.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well. I think the guy who posted this video is delusional.

He confused internet trolls with demons. Trolls will go after ANYBODY.

I used to be a troll, and a some points we would harass the people on live webcam sites, then we would harass people in chat rooms. We would flood websites causing them to go over their bandwidth and their site either slow down by quite a bit or just plain crash. Hell, we did it to ebaumsworld!

I guarantee if that same man made videos against the bible, then the trolls would gather, post as christians and attack him some more.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You used to be a troll, haha that cracked me up when I read that. I have never seen anyone admit they were or used to be a troll.

I can assure you plenty of satan worshippers were in on the fun.

I don't think anyone has a clue as to the enormity of videos comprised of pure evil on Youtube.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know it's hard to express feelings or manner of speaking in a forum so because of that before I type my response I wanted to make it clear that I'm not bashing or trying to start an argument even though it'll seem that way, just expressing how I feel.

My belief for the bashing of Christians is due to Christians pushing their beliefs on the world or onto anyone that doesn't believe what they believe. I'm not religious, don't believe in any higher power, and don't want to hear it..same as believers don't want to hear what I believe.

I'm tired of having to deal with the hypocrisy of Christians telling me my soul is lost and I need to be saved but yet they are the ones I have to drag out of the bar I work in for starting fights. I'm tired of religious thinking laws and the country should be run by their beliefs and the rest of us should be forced to follow them. I'm tired of ALL religions believing theirs is the best and only right religion and waging wars over it, or strapping bombs to their chest and blowing up innocent people in the name of their god. You see, I don't just hate Christians, I hate all religions.

If believers of all religions want to stop being felt like they are being bashed against then perhaps they should stop doing the very things to us non believers that are being done to them. I don't ask for any of you to come to my house and try to "save" me and I don't go to your house telling you to stop believing in your god. I don't want your beliefs nor do I want you to wake me up to tell me about your god. The only thing any of us really need to be saved from is religion itself. You want the feeling of being persecuted to stop? Leave us alone. Keep your religious values and beliefs to yourself and we'll keep ours to ourselves. It's that simple.

Again, I'm not bashing just expressing my beliefs, same as all of you.

It's my opinion that religion will be the downfall of man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join