It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok so, I watched the video, and I'm not a christian. The only thing I got from this was a bitter youtube poster upset that a free thinking society doesn't submit to his religous views. I see this on a daily basis by the thousands. Why is this so special?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Hello, and thank you for your respectfulness.

But help me understand HOW Christians "push" anything off on you? Was a gun held to your head to read this thread, or any other thread pertaiing to Christianity? Are you cuffed and gagged and forced to go to a church? Does someone tie you in a chair at home and make you watch Christian programming? You don't have Christianity "pushed" on you anymore than I have Islam pushed on me. If I had an interest in Islam I would start reading and watching and listening to everything I could find on the subject, which I won't be doing soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So many things to say here.

1). You Tube. I abandoned my Christian channel there because it was simply too ridiculous. I never even posted any videos so no one could accuse me of 'shoving my beliefs down their throat.' I simply used it to associate and learn from other Christians and eventually befriended dozens. Some of the messages I received in my inbox and profile were disgusting and antagonistic from unbelievers.

2). What are flags? I know you can flag inappropriate channels and videos but does it mean the video or channel is automatically deleted? If not, why did the member continually kill and restart his account seven times? If it's just an alert but doesn't carry any immediate action against his account, I would think he'd just keep on keeping on.

3). As to the video he points out that is critical of the Bible. Honestly, just like he has every right to post his opinions, that other person has the right to post their opinions. I might not like the content of the other video or the title but just like he didn't like others trying to get his material deleted, he should not be trying to censor others.

4). When it comes to religious channels and videos, You Tube is a cesspool. Unlike other sites that moderate 'threads' for civility and decorum, YT does no such thing so you'll easily encounter some of the nuttiest people on the planet that use internet anonymity to their advantage. In the end, it simply became too pointless to participate there. Even limiting myself to innocent Christian interaction brought the weirdos to me. Innocent fellowship with like-minded believers became impossible.

God Tube is pretty cool, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

..same as believers don't want to hear what I believe.

your wrong abouit this, because I am very interested to hear what it is you do believe?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

lol.

Yeah. It's hard to admit, but I was young. I was seriously a hardcore troll. But it helps me understand them now.

Were they satan worshippers? Maybe some. But mostly it's kids that enjoy causing havoc.

It's like when I played WoW. I loved to sit around for hours and kill low level players. I didn't gain anything from it, I didn't hate them (Well except in a few cases!), it was just fun to cause them problems. I still don't understand it now that I am older. Maybe they feel a power rush from it?

I just don't believe it's a group of satanists.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
I know it's hard to express feelings or manner of speaking in a forum so because of that before I type my response I wanted to make it clear that I'm not bashing or trying to start an argument even though it'll seem that way, just expressing how I feel.

My belief for the bashing of Christians is due to Christians pushing their beliefs on the world or onto anyone that doesn't believe what they believe. I'm not religious, don't believe in any higher power, and don't want to hear it..same as believers don't want to hear what I believe.

I'm tired of having to deal with the hypocrisy of Christians telling me my soul is lost and I need to be saved but yet they are the ones I have to drag out of the bar I work in for starting fights. I'm tired of religious thinking laws and the country should be run by their beliefs and the rest of us should be forced to follow them. I'm tired of ALL religions believing theirs is the best and only right religion and waging wars over it, or strapping bombs to their chest and blowing up innocent people in the name of their god. You see, I don't just hate Christians, I hate all religions.

If believers of all religions want to stop being felt like they are being bashed against then perhaps they should stop doing the very things to us non believers that are being done to them. I don't ask for any of you to come to my house and try to "save" me and I don't go to your house telling you to stop believing in your god. I don't want your beliefs nor do I want you to wake me up to tell me about your god. The only thing any of us really need to be saved from is religion itself. You want the feeling of being persecuted to stop? Leave us alone. Keep your religious values and beliefs to yourself and we'll keep ours to ourselves. It's that simple.

Again, I'm not bashing just expressing my beliefs, same as all of you.

It's my opinion that religion will be the downfall of man.

I understand your post. I am a Christian, and I can attest to the hypocrisy of many Christians. I don't think that is a attribute of Christians, but human nature in general. Christians like anyone else, are human and flawed. But I would say that those you are kicking out of bars for starting fights are not a good representation of what Christianity stands for.

To the same extent, Christians, or any other religion for that matter should not push beliefs down other peoples' throats. And this has been a tremendous mistake throughout a large part of history. God does not want people forced into Christianity..... people need to make their own choice. In my opinion, when people try to force it down peoples' throats, they just end up pushing them further away.

Additionally, it is positively not Christian for any of us to judge others. It is not the place of any Christian to judge anyone, that is God's place. As they say, love the sinner, hate the sin. In other words, never judge someone for what they have done. You can choose to not support their behavior, or stay away from them because of it, but it is not for us to judge them.

Yet, when you remove these mistakes that I maintain are not Christian in nature, Christianity is a very positive force in the world. What you have described is not indicative of what Christianity stands for the world over. I apologize and hope that in the end you have a different perspective on us. We are supposed to love all others, help those in need, teach moral and ethical ways to live, and enrich people's lives. When it comes down to it, your religious beliefs will be your own choice. And regardless of what you choose I wish you well and hope you find happiness and salvation at some point in your life.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
Ok so, I watched the video, and I'm not a christian. The only thing I got from this was a bitter youtube poster upset that a free thinking society doesn't submit to his religous views. I see this on a daily basis by the thousands. Why is this so special?

You must have not watched the video very closely. The "bitter youtube poster" as you erroneously referred to was talking to other Christians about their Christianity, and telling them to not let this present evil world to tempt them or lure them from the true Gospel.

Oh, and, you see this daily by the thousands? You make me feel ashamed, I AM a Christian but can't claim numbers anywhere close to that! I probably only see these things in the hundreds, and that's cause I'm looking.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

The only thing I got from this was a bitter youtube poster upset that a free thinking society doesn't submit to his religous views

excuse me for saying so but your powers of observation seem to have taken flight.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I probably should have mentioned that I live in a small town, a very religious small town at that. I see and hear it everywhere. We have more churches here than anything else. We have billboards that say things about us non believers and that we are going to hell. we have groups that go door to door on the weekends trying to get people to come to their church, we have a local forum that is filled with so much religious talk and love for Jesus that many times you have to go through pages of it to get to any other topics. So yes, I would say they are trying to force it on those of us in this town. I made it known long ago what I felt of religion and lost a job because of it.

I admit I have been known to bash religion and Christians. Am I proud of that? No, I'm not. but your thread isn't about the religious and non religious. In a way the video is but the poster of the YT video to me is just trying to get what he feels is discrimination of his videos and YT account, so no bashing by either side is needed in this thread. That's how I see it anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Okey dokey. Maybe I took you out of context. I dont wish to split hairs with you, so i will take your word on the intentions of your post. But for future reference statements like this:

Just the few people with their negative posts here on
ats prove that a people with out God are a people with out respect.

give the feeling of generalization. That is why I responded to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Starred. Flagged.

Bombeni, you and I do not always agree on everything, I know. I also know we do agree on what is truly important, that Jesus Christ is Lord. I have to say I admire your bravery and devotion in posting this thread.

For those who still don't 'get it', imagine that thousands of people, even millions of people, spent the majority of their lives trying to demand that 'Little Red Riding Hood' be banned and never mentioned again. It would happen in the span of a few months. But the Bible has withstood that kind of assault for 2000 years. If it's really just a fairy tale, then why won't it die?

If it's just a 'book of lies', then why has it taken this long and this much work to try and debunk it, only to have its following grow rather than decline?

Because, despite your best efforts, despite all the time and energy devoted to trying to make it something it is not, it still is what it is: TRUTH.

You just earned more of my respect, Bombeni.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have been on the net when I was Christian.

Over the years I have chosen not to be Christian - - as I simply do not believe man's interpretation of events.

Having experienced verbal abuse from both sides - - I can tell you without question who are the most aggressive.

It is not the non-Christians.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
im not a christian.

however i do respect the bible as a masterful work of literature.

however, after clicking to watch this video i was expecting something more...instead all i got was some guy bolstering and whining. complete waste, learned nothing i already didnt know was happening.

oh, and the name of the thread will bring hate.....just an ats fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe in live and let live Randy. I believe that no matter what we should have the right to believe in what we wish. I don't feel that any two people will ever believe the exact same things and we all have different ways in dealing with the problems life throws at us and we all deal with the thought of our eventual death differently. I believe that we as a species should put more faith in ourselves and each other than putting all or hopes and faith into a religion. I believe in helping my friends, family, and neighbors. Not because a book tells me to but because it makes me feel good to do it.

I do my best to live by that belief but as I'm only human and subject to emotion getting the better of me just as much as the next guy it is hard sometimes. With that said, if Jesus really did exist I believe his message of us loving each other and treating everyone as a brother and sister is right on. but it's my opinion we don't need religion or a church to tell us that. I think deep down we all have that love in us, some of us just need the right things to happen to us to see that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

For those who still don't 'get it', imagine that thousands of people, even millions of people, spent the majority of their lives trying to demand that 'Little Red Riding Hood' be banned and never mentioned again. It would happen in the span of a few months. But the Bible has withstood that kind of assault for 2000 years. If it's really just a fairy tale, then why won't it die?

You want to talk about respect?
Lets talk about how you just got mine.
your post put a lump in my throat.

ok i have a joke for you partner.
What did the Redneck say just before he died?

WATCH THIS!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
The "bitter youtube poster" as you erroneously referred to was talking to other Christians about their Christianity, and telling them to not let this present evil world to tempt them or lure them from the true Gospel.

Why then does he not post his videos here or on some other Christian-themed hosting site? Then his message would go straight to the target audience, and not be viewed by as many immature idiots who enjoy things like bashing other net users.

One could even make an argument that posting his videos on a non-Christian site is, in fact, an attempt to "force it down the throat" of non-believers.

Even assuming that's not the case, a user cannot post things on a public website and expect only like minded people to see it and respond, even if the post is titled "Christans only". The same freedom that lets him post his videos lets others respond to them as they wish.

If his accounts keep getting "flagged down", it would seem that he's not preaching to the right audience, and should look for a more like minded site to host his videos on.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I miss your old avatar.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, but I think you should allow non-Christians to discuss this too. What's a debate if everyone agrees?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Redneck, Howdy!

Good to see you again. You know I respect your input, but I have to chime in. Your interpretation of the Bible being absolute truth doesnt necessarily reflect all believers, nor does it indicate the reason why the Bible has survived 1700 years (since the nicene council) of scrutiny.

It has survived through many means. Many of which are directly contrary to the teachings within its scripts. I believ you know this just as well as anybody...

edit to add:

Can the same not be said for the kuran? Buddhist texts? Hindu texts? or even some of the pagan beliefs that still exist today? Surely the same argument applies to all religions...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I do my best to live by that belief but as I'm only human and subject to emotion getting the better of me just as much as the next guy it is hard sometimes. With that said, if Jesus really did exist I believe his message of us loving each other and treating everyone as a brother and sister is right on. but it's my opinion we don't need religion or a church to tell us that. I think deep down we all have that love in us, some of us just need the right things to happen to us to see that.

My God man, in rebuttal I must say it is so hard for me to think of my belief in Christ as a religion, yet to deny Christianity would be to deny
him. So it can not and will not be. Believe me if I could I would call it
Hero worship.
I feel in my soul as I write this I am treading on very thin ice.
So let me just say that he is my hero.
Secondly without trying to influence you in anyway.You sound so close
and thank you for speaking of him (My Lord) with respect. My hats off to you for coming on this thread and sharing your thoughts on a very passionate and
volitile subject.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join