It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I always find it interesting that people of religious faiths choose places like conspiracy sites to preach the "word". You'd think they would fit in more at places like RaptureReady, where they will not meet the same hostility as they do here. I'm guessing the faithful choose places like this because they are trying to "save" people and trust me, you aren't going to get far. On the contrary, you'll just incite more hate towards whatever you may be preaching.

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Well, I'm not a Christian, more a deist, but the responses are disturbing to me also.

The anti-Christian crowd are all cowards. They don't do the same with Islam, Buddhism, Hindus, or Judaism. Those followers will kick their butts, and they know it. The paradox is that their anti-Christian response is almost religious in, and of itself.

Well this is because we don't have Allah's Witnesses knocking at our door at 3 o'clock in the morning tossing scripture in our face or telling us we will go to hell for not believing. If a Muslim/Buddhist/whatever pulled the same stunt they would get the same treatment I reserve for Christians which is smile, followed by some demonic-like chanting. They don't come back after that

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's not a joke, it's a cultural observance!

=================================
reply to post by open_eyeballs

You are absolutely correct; that is my belief. Yet, for some strange reason, I do not feel the need to spend every waking moment trying to convince people who are doing well in their lives that they need to attend a particular church.

I know, I know, there are those 'Christians' who do... There are abuses on both sides. But just as saying "all atheists hate Christians" is false, so is saying "all Christians are intolerant".

My belief. My right to believe. Leave it be, and I promise you I won't attack your beliefs.

Continually trying to conspire to take down Christian themed videos is an attack. Continually making senseless inaccurate generalizations about my beliefs is an attack. Continually trying to legislate against my beliefs is an attack. Telling me you believe differently? That's an opinion.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow,

I found the feller ranting in the background quite disturbing.

Kind of detracted from what you were attempting to covey.

Of course, I'm not a christian and there fore had no business reading your post anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

My belief for the bashing of Christians is due to Christians pushing their beliefs on the world or onto anyone that doesn't believe what they believe.

So, how exactly are Christians forcing their beliefs onto you? No one is forcing you to be Christian. We don't like in Rome after Theodosius made Christianity the forced, state religion.

A Christian going out and following their faith, which includes spreading the Gospel of Christ, is far from forcing their beliefs onto you. You may not like it but, at the end of the day, if 100 Christians shared the Gospel with you, you still have the choice of not believing it.

I've always found it funny that people always complain about Christians not really following their faith and then complain more when a Christian actually is obeying the words of Christ, which include to go into all the world and preach the Gospel!

I'm tired of having to deal with the hypocrisy of Christians telling me my soul is lost and I need to be saved but yet they are the ones I have to drag out of the bar I work in for starting fights.

To this, all I can say is, no one is perfect; including us Christians. We have our faults, all of us. That a Christian sins isn't hypocrisy; it's human nature.

I'm tired of religious thinking laws and the country should be run by their beliefs and the rest of us should be forced to follow them.

Apart from the fringes of any group, I don't know any religion that actually thinks that people should be forced to follow their religion. [In fact, I've never even heard ultra-fundie Christians say that people should be forced to be Christian. Forced Christianity defeats the purpose. Rome showed us that.] Yes, there are Christians that believe that their perspective on things is a better way to live. Just as there are those with opposing views that think their way to run the nation is better. Put yourself in the shoes of a religious person in a country where they see the politics going in a way that is 180° opposite what you believe is right. That should shed some light on why some Christians try to "force" their beliefs on the country.

I don't ask for any of you to come to my house and try to "save" me and I don't go to your house telling you to stop believing in your god. I don't want your beliefs nor do I want you to wake me up to tell me about your god.

Or, instead of hating a religion because they're obeying what their faith calls them to do, you could just turn them away and go on your way. They're probably used to it.

Keep your religious values and beliefs to yourself and we'll keep ours to ourselves. It's that simple.

No, it's not. In the end, someone's values are going to end up being law.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

I always find it interesting that people of religious faiths choose places like conspiracy sites to preach the "word".

When I joined ATS, my sole purpose wasn't to "preach the word". I joined for the conspiracy talk. Yes, I hoped that I would get opportunities to share Christ, or at the very least, show a side to my beliefs that many don't see, due to preconceived notions, so that some could see Christ. I may be wrong, but I would suppose that that was the case for many.

It is my wish that all would come to Christ. Thus, I will talk about the gospel as much as I can. In doing so, I need to be sure that I'm not doing it in such a way that my actions infuriate people. It defeats the purpose, gives the wrong impression, and is often no use.

You'd think they would fit in more at places like RaptureReady, where they will not meet the same hostility as they do here.

At many religious themed boards, you still encounter the hostility. Though, in a different way that you would here on ATS. For example, there is a debate in Christian circles about the timing of the rapture. Those that believe in a post-, as opposed to, pre-tribulation rapture often take it upon themselves to "convert" those to their view. Then there is the classic, "Calvinists are heretics! You best repent now Calvinissssssssts," people.

trust me, you aren't going to get far. On the contrary, you'll just incite more hate towards whatever you may be preaching.

This goes with what I said about how the person carries themselves in giving the Gospel message. I've seen people come to know Christ via message boards. Tis a beautiful thing in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just thought I'd let anyone interested in this thread know that the name of the thread is being changed by executive decision, I am not sure what it will be but just so you know.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

Well I always find it interesting that people "interested in conspiracy" CHOOSE to read the word, lol.

Some dirty lowdown Christian standing there next to you huh, forcing you to click on religious threads?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So the token Pagan is gonna chime in

You gotta understand OP that title like the one you chose is going to come off very aggressive and offensive no matter how you meant it. I certainly respect that you can believe whatever you want so long as you allow me to do the same. What upsets me about all groups is the inability to rise above hatred and move on. For goodness sake people we are all or mostly adults. Let us behave that way.

Also...do you have proof that many of these members were muslims or satanists or is it just a guess?

And if you really think Christians don't attack people I would suggest silently moving through the internet and watching Christians who come into gay forums and telling them they are all worthless and evil. Pretty screwed up if you ask me

We're all innocent and we're all guilty. The sooner we all accept it the sooner we can move on

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
So the token Pagan is gonna chime in

You gotta understand OP that title like the one you chose is going to come off very aggressive and offensive no matter how you meant it. I certainly respect that you can believe whatever you want so long as you allow me to do the same. What upsets me about all groups is the inability to rise above hatred and move on. For goodness sake people we are all or mostly adults. Let us behave that way.

Also...do you have proof that many of these members were muslims or satanists or is it just a guess?

And if you really think Christians don't attack people I would suggest silently moving through the internet and watching Christians who come into gay forums and telling them they are all worthless and evil. Pretty screwed up if you ask me

We're all innocent and we're all guilty. The sooner we all accept it the sooner we can move on

-Kyo

Frankly I don't bite at the "aggressive and offensive" accusation anymore, doesn't raise my temp one degree. I don't cram my faith down anyone's throat, and I don't spread hatred. Posting comments that may play even some small role down the road in someone giving their heart to Christ is well if that bothers you, I'm sorry. Somehow I'll try to pick up the pieces and move on with my life.

If I have become bolder in my faith it is likely due to the blasphemy I have read here for a man who did nothing but preach love, then was savagely beaten and hammered to a cross to die in agony, for me and you. I have to imagine the Spirit lead me into these very situations here to strengthen my faith and fortitude. He works in mysterious ways.

P.S. Christians would never tell gays they are evil and worthless. People posing as Christians, maybe. I can see those of an antichrist spirit doing such things just to foster ill feelings towards Christians.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well then in this humble man's opinion...there are a boat load of false Christians out there.

Oh and don't worry, I've never lost a wink of sleep towards the blasphemy towards the goddess either. Faith is only real if it isn't shaky and clearly yours is not

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
P.S. Christians would never tell gays they are evil and worthless. People posing as Christians, maybe.

No offence intended, but this seems like a major "cop-out". What if I said that the only people who spread hatred towards christians were people posing as athiests?

You have to accept that there are "bad apples" in christianity just and I have to accept that many athiests are more vile than they need to be.

Unfortunately for both of us, the "zealots" of both of our beliefs are the ones that get the most attention, and do not represent the majority of those in our belief system.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Unfortunately for both of us, the "zealots" of both of our beliefs are the ones that get the most attention, and do not represent the majority of those in our belief system.

God, I wish I could star that post!

I wish more people could think like you...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I guess I am referring to a true Christian, one that asks first "what would Jesus do?" Jesus told us to love one another which has nothing to do with any particular religion of course, but it happened to be His favorite subject.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I guess I am referring to a true Christian...

And I knew I'd get that response. Geez. Just suck it up and admit that not all of you are perfect.

Apparently I'm a "true athiest" in my eyes because I am the prefect example of what I think an athiest should be.

Oy vey.

Edit: typo

[edit on 30/9/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator

I guess I am referring to a true Christian...

And I knew I'd get that response. Geez. Just suck it up and admit that not all of you are perfect.

Apparently I'm a "true athiest" in my eyes because I am the prefect example of what I think an athiest should be.

Oy vey.

Edit: typo

[edit on 30/9/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

If I thought I was perfect, maybe I'd be like you and not need God.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

But you do think you're perfect. That's why you tell others they are wrong. How else do you think you have right to judge someone - and that is what you are doing when you tell them their way is the wrong way.

And don't say "cause the bible tell me I can". What makes you - as a person - better than anyone else? "Better" enough that you can judge their choices as the wrong one?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You know, I knew as soon as I clicked this I'd see the most anger and spite coming out of a select few Christian mouths.

"Gay Atheist"... Any inherent hate there? No, but I could feel the undertone.
"Muslim" with letters starred out. Who are you and why can't you type the word muslim?
"Satan worshippers" shows a degree of ignorance. People who belong to the Church of Satan don't even worship Satan himself. Not that I'll defend that camp of loons either.

Now what this has to do with the thread is this. Don't you realize the people posting the hateful messages on youtube are just a bunch of tweenies who think they have the world tied around their little finger? They are probably rich bastard kids who learn respect from this hell hole that is the internet. When you learn how to communicate on such a dirty wavelength, hate is all you know. The internet is 90% vile, 10% any real information.

Having said that, I respect the message, but its just taken too far. I believe people of all religions have been lazy in the last few hundred years in distorting the "message" of their belief system. What would Jesus do? He wouldn't be posting youtube videos or starting threads on ATS. He would be in a third world country bringing love to people who didn't have it. THAT is spreading the message.

As a disclaimer, I also believe that no one should pull their faith or way of life out of a book. It is every souls' job to find their own God and how to live their lives. It comes through tribulation and self-improvement, not just words.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator

But you do think you're perfect. That's why you tell others they are wrong. How else do you think you have right to judge someone - and that is what you are doing when you tell them their way is the wrong way.

And don't say "cause the bible tell me I can". What makes you - as a person - better than anyone else? "Better" enough that you can judge their choices as the wrong one?

You should seriously spend some time on this subject, think it through.

If I thought I was better, if I thought I was perfect, why would I have an innate sense that I need a Redeemer? It may not be even possible to cross this chasm of misunderstanding between you and I, because for someone who has never come to The Cross, it is folly I suppose. But I HAVE come to The Cross and I know now that "I am not perfect just forgiven."

The words of Amazing Grace actually mean something to me, if I could speak to the author I'd tell him the worn-out phrase that he took the words right out of my mouth.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If I thought I was better, if I thought I was perfect, why would I have an innate sense that I need a Redeemer? It may not be even possible to cross this chasm of misunderstanding between you and I, because for someone who has never come to The Cross, it is folly I suppose. But I HAVE come to The Cross and I know now that "I am not perfect just forgiven."

I must ask why you think it is that I have never "come to the cross" as you call it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join