It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I heard/saw a video today that brought tears to my eyes, and thought I would like to share it with other Believers. I put it in Global Meltdown because the battle between good and evil is the very thing behind the global meltdown.

Admin Edit:
Changed the title to be less exclusive.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am unable to type such text, but I will take your word for it.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but I don't think that you're going to get a very positive response by trying to limit the type of viewers/posters on this thread with that title.

Two more things:

1) I didn't watch the video.

2) I'm not Christian.

Might want to try and re-think how you approach people.

Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
haha for christian viewers only. take your religious crap elsewhere, here on ATS we use our brains to think for ourselves, we are not told how to think (like a religion).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No christian here either/nor will I watch the vid!
Religious profiling has got to be one of the biggest problems in the USA

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a Christian, more a deist, but the responses are disturbing to me also.

The anti-Christian crowd are all cowards. They don't do the same with Islam, Buddhism, Hindus, or Judaism. Those followers will kick their butts, and they know it. The paradox is that their anti-Christian response is almost religious in, and of itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So, if I post on this thread, oops. Does that mean that my name will be added to the list of those to be rounded up for having a religion?

I think I might watch the video anyway, just to see if your supporting, or OPPOSING religious beliefs....what the hay....call me curious. Back after I watched it.

Ok. I did as I would say I would do. After all, that's all a man really has, right...his word?

I remained open-minded and there was a lot of reading involved. I like my videos to require a little less reading. The whole thing was reading with some really emotionally praying or preaching in the background.

I think it's wrong to assume that someone who blieves in Christ is going to subscribe to what any other person who believes in Christ might believe....think of the Crusades, or the Inquisisition.

This person who made the video complained and complained annd complained about how they were a victim of 'bashing' because someone would keep 'flagging down' their posts and then their channels and that they had made seven channels, all flagged down and that we should send the video to others. Kind of like youtube chain mail.

I have a couple issues. Yeah, I think Christ told his people to go out and spread the Good News. The Bible doesn't really talk about Jesus walking around reading out of a bible does it? Or making a youtube channel, reading out of the bible?

There will ALWAYS be haters on youtube. I thought everyone KNEW that. It doesn't matter if it's about your religion, your race or just a stupid video. Hate is rampant on that site. I applaud a missionary throwing themselves into that lion's den, but I would think that for a person intent on spreading the Good News, there would be other ways.

Set up a Website for nine dollars....you know, like about thirty minutes worth of the countless hours it has taken to make seven channels and have them all flagged down, and put your message there. If it is meant to reach someone, it will.

Get advertising from Christian supporting organizations and seed the search engines so that whenever someone searches for something you think is 'offensive' like the words mentioned in the video, you can have them go to your site, telling them the good news.

God hasn't told me this, but I think he doesn't want me to whine. He wants me to take action. Even Jesus damned a tree that bore no fruit. If your tree is not bearing fruit, you might think about putting it someplace with a little more sun.

Peace.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
haha for christian viewers only. take your religious crap elsewhere, here on ATS we use our brains to think for ourselves, we are not told how to think (like a religion).

Thank you, I will, I will take it anywhere and everywhere that a lost soul might exist.

I'm real glad you know how to use your brain. You have it all figured out, you are your own God, I presume. Lots of luck with that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomiser

1) I didn't watch the video.

Oh I bet you had a little peek.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I am Christian and watched this video. However, I do have to tell you, I think it is wrong to try to make it a Christian only thread. Discussion and dissent is fine, exclusion is not.

This video is very telling about the double standard in America today. As many have said, in American we are guaranteed Freedom of Religion, not Freedom from Religion. Freedom of Speech includes religious beliefs as well.

In my opinion, none of those YouTube channels should have been taken down, but also neither should those videos against the videos unless they include swear words or other violations of YouTube's terms of service.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Ok I wasn't really serious about non-believers not allowed to look. It's a free country, but, if I wasn't a Christian why would I want to even look at a Christian thread? It would be nice though to have a thread w/o the hate, just once. The fact that so many non-believers ARE looking is proof that reverse psychology is alive and well.

But actually, the main point of me posting the video WAS because I feel it may bolster Christians when they are feeling persecuted for their belief, sort of a pep rally video. And it would be nice if once awhile there could be a Christian thread not riddled with blasphemy.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Ok I wasn't really serious about non-believers not allowed to look. It's reverse psychology. Ok so I admit it I can be pretty sneaky at times.

I figured, but didn't want to assume. Although it also riles many of them up for no reason at all and gives an impression of Christians that I would hope you don't want to give.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh anyone here who has a thing against Christians aren't going to be anymore riled than before; there is a paradox about many of them though, which ties into the title of my thread. Why do people who don't believe in a particular thing want to read or comment about it in the first place? I don't have an interest in lizard people or whatever they call them, and I never open a thread about them. Even if the title said DO NOT read this thread unless you believe in lizard people. But that is not the case with non-believers of Christ, many of them eat up everything they can here about Christianity. I wish I understood that phenomena better.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Oh anyone here who has a thing against Christians aren't going to be anymore riled than before; there is a paradox about many of them though, which ties into the title of my thread. Why do people who don't believe in a particular thing want to read or comment about it in the first place? I don't have an interest in lizard people or whatever they call them, and I never open a thread about them. Even if the title said DO NOT read this thread unless you believe in lizard people. But that is not the case with non-believers of Christ, many of them eat up everything they can here about Christianity. I wish I understood that phenomena better.

I understand that. But I also think that it is not for us to say that those that don't believe in Christ will react a certain way or not. Everyone walks a different path in life, and in my opinion, sarcastically or not, no one should be turned away from a Christian message. Some of those that are staunchly anti-Christian right now and in these threads will one day be believers. I just think that we need to always welcome people, welcome their criticism and dissent. We should stay consistent in our openness and never be judgmental about what someone says about us or God, no matter how vile.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what impression you give of Christianity as their will always be people trying to defile it's image and meaning.

One point I always made which I was presently surprised to see as also stated by SpacePunk rings very true

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Well, I'm not a Christian, more a deist, but the responses are disturbing to me also.

The anti-Christian crowd are all cowards. They don't do the same with Islam, Buddhism, Hindus, or Judaism. Those followers will kick their butts, and they know it. The paradox is that their anti-Christian response is almost religious in, and of itself.

Just think about this. Why is/are everyone still trying to debunk and defile Christianity some 2000 plus years later? They're trying to persuade you to deny the truth.

This world is full of lies deceit and manipulation which only worsens daily to imorrality that they accept and dem as apppropriate, even by children.

Philipians 2:5-11

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

7 but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Bravo! my friend Bravo!
Just the few people with their negative posts here on
ats prove that a people with out God are a people with out respect.
Without respect for the beliefs of others, without respect for life.
Without respect for anything.
The absolutly blatent and unwarrented attacks are exactly what God
said would be. So let them be, and check it out, sure enough it is
suddenly everywhere.
We are in that season Christ spoke of partner. The evidence is spread out like items at a yard sale, easy to see for those who will stop and look.
Remember these days will be shortened, so look up^ I'm going to
you=tube. Thank you for posting this.snf

p.s. I got the psychology of the title and even thought it to be a little sneaky as you said.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you. You prove the point of the whole thread, that we as Christians must start bolstering one another.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The reason it was made a Christian-only thread is because of predictable posts made by people who are staunchly anti-Christian. Why make a thread where people are free to to say the worst of things about a certain religion, make its followers out to be idiots and be ridiculed for wanting to show a video with a positive message?

The point of the OP making this thread was to share a POSITIVE message from a video that shouldn't be subjected to such vehement hate and negativity - like they already are on websites such as YouTube. By coming into this thread and posting such silly comments illustrates the actual point being made in the video. Why don't you challenge yourself and just watch the video?

I would be willing to bet that gay atheists and extremist Mus***s are mostly behind the thousands and thousands of utterly hate-filled venomous comments made about Christian-related videos on YouTube.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
All I have to say to this person is this:

"sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

Some people for whatever reason become some sort of target on YT, why I dont know nor do I really care. The ones posting the bible is BS have just as much right to post on YT as this guy who likes to read the bible. Why is he being targeted? I have no idea but he doesnt seem too upset about it if he keeps making new channels. I will check his page out to see if there is another reason why people are flagging him.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thanks a lot for the back up. You know I just assumed that what you understood was as plain as the nose on my face, but, what are we dealing with here, 7 year olds or something?

The hate comments that this garnered just proves again that it is always open season on Christians. The only group I know of that can be screwed blued and tattoed and it is okey dokey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join