It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Christian are welcome but his thread is intended for Christian viewers.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
When it comes to religious channels and videos, You Tube is a cesspool. Unlike other sites that moderate 'threads' for civility and decorum, YT does no such thing so you'll easily encounter some of the nuttiest people on the planet that use internet anonymity to their advantage. In the end, it simply became too pointless to participate there. Even limiting myself to innocent Christian interaction brought the weirdos to me. Innocent fellowship with like-minded believers became impossible.
(ashley)

you know what Ashley this is so true. I have seen athiest in the UK with sites on youtube that have videos of 9/11

and then say..

" I LULZ at their deaths "

and videos of animals being beaten and laughing at that as well. Along with a video of a down syndrome kid.

" I LULZ at this down syndrome kid "

not only are they nuts. they are pure evil, what i like to call souless, graceless, sociopaths...

It's sickening. Not only that but they kept coming into videos like awesome God, a simple christian song, and spammed it and made the owner of the video close the comments.

But yea it's still popular. And I do recieve comments in my inbox too, but I own them so bad they cry home to momma.

can't let them walk all over you sometimes.

why don't enough people get together to write to youtube about these problems?

peace

[edit on 3-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Wasn't going for the "tit-for-tat" or one upsmanship. That sort of brings Christians to the same level of thinking and response that we're complaining about. When Christians argue with atheists using the same methods and tactics that the atheists use, eventually you can't tell the difference between the two.

No, the idea was to point out that there's no NEED for that sort of behavior. It's pointless.

As for YT, it's a cesspool, as you say. If you want to avoid the fruit of sin, stay out of the orchard. Godtube has some good stuff on it. Kind of "religious" for my tastes but, occasionally someone puts out something truly uplifting.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"one upsmanship "

I agree, it has to do with a hidden pride. But if it's all in good humor it's fine.

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i am a christian,but not a fanatic one,i just believe in god and thats pretty much it. i think alot of the bible and teachings were edited to be used as a tool to control the masses,as alot more religions are being twisted.
the difference is christians are smart enough to question and look for answers,yet muslims believe and kill in the name of theyr religion.
you have a star a flag and my respect,and let me know how can i help this man and you,im all about equality,everyone should believe what they want,but they should NOT enforce theyr religion on others.
any day i prefer being a christian then to be converted to THE STINKY muslim.
the muslim just want to spread marry other women and to control the world...
thats not wright.
im making a site,i will be equal,but dammit i will say all the truth about those nonebelievers and stupid turkey monks,let them try to hack me,let them.
i will enjoy chaning theyr wallpapers to "PRAISE JESUS U INFIDEL" remotely (:
its so sad to see the poor man get harrased and flaged.
but allah videos not so much couse all are scared..well screw them

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Hey there Whitewave, thanks for the uplifting and very "Christian-like" reply!!

Of course, having been at ats for more than a year I am used to the blasphemy. I thought maybe we could have a thread to discuss what we as Christians deal with, and just whatever struck our fancy. (Once in awhile, I'm just not up for listening to the devil's mouthpiece.) But sure enough, the athiests came rolling in like flies at a July picnic.

When I scan the various threads, the ones that catch my eye are the ones in which I have an interest. Is that a far stretch, or something? Does it take rocket science to figure that out? No, it doesn't. Therefore, everytime I see "Christian" threads bombarded by SO-CALLED athiests, I must assume they have an interest in Christianity, so from now on:

COME ATHIESTS, ONE AND ALL! COME AND LET US TALK ABOUT THE MIRACLE OF JESUS CHRIST AND OF WHAT HE DID FOR YOU AND ME.

Ok, I've had my second cup of coffee and the floor is open.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If that be the case then any atheist 'blasphemy' threads that draw Christians are the same. The Christians must be going there to learn about Atheism and perhaps witness the miracles of man untethered by some fatherly need to perform good acts.

Sorry but it sound dumb no matter how you phrase it and your Christians are just as guilty on ATS of invading other threads

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
well when jesus ressurects his gonna come and kick your ass infideels

"but peter christianity and jewdiism are the same thing"
-so i guess is the muslim tradition
jesus: aaa lets not get so acceptive...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Personal Bombeni I think your a blessing for youtube. LYour not the only one that get haters from Youtube non christians. You ever hear of Venomfangx he use to be a hard fighting and proving Christian who use to be athesis. Now I believe he has quit youtube because he use to get threats from people . Personal I think it would be better to get strong knowledgeable people to post christiantiy on youtube. God bless. If I had the stuff to do it. I would think I would post to. Anyway God bless and let his spirit go with you.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This thread made one thing as plain as the nose on my face.

Many athiests rant about Christians shoving Christianity down their throats. But when you start a thread with a title that plainly states it is a thread for Christians to debate, the athiests can't stay away. I find that funny as all get out.

They remind me of dogs chasing their tails. Nothing against dogs btw.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
haha for christian viewers only. take your religious crap elsewhere, here on ATS we use our brains to think for ourselves, we are not told how to think (like a religion).

Oh but the environment in-itself builds the foundations of how to think! Just because people aren't in a religion doesn't mean they absolutely posses free-will. People simply act independently based of how their environments allows them to. NOT because they are independent of their environment.

Ironically, humans can't master nature any more than they can master their own brain. We are not as almighty as people think we are.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by GambitVII]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hi Bombeni. I know it's frustrating but I notice several encouraging trends that keep me from being seriously upset by the nay-sayers.

Anne Rice, a very popular writer who wrote about vampires and BDSM has converted to Christianity.

Can't remember the guys name but he was the editor for the top male gay magazine. He became a Christian.

Conspicuously absent on our own forum is MIMS. (MadnessInMySoul).
MIMS never missed an opportunity to blast Christians and anything remotely related to Christianity on the threads. Very intelligent and passionate young man.

Such a seeker of truth was he that he admitted one day on a thread that he had sincerely, genuinely asked God to forgive him any sins and to come into his heart. He claimed that he felt nothing and that feeling nothing was proof that God did not exist. I smiled to myself and waited.

Where is MIMS? He may still be around lurking. He may still ardently believe there is no God. When you open the door of your heart to God, you may have doubts but God does not.

You wanted to discuss Christian issues? Discuss them. Let the detractors come. You don't have to acknowledge them. When my daughters and I get together for coffee and conversation, there's always a house full of kids making noise. They occasionally disrupt the adult conversation but we politely address the children's issues then go back to our conversation unruffled. Sometimes we just put them outside and watch their mayhem from the comfort of our deck chairs. Sometimes we just ignore their little tantrums and carry on as though the noise level isn't hovering at 150 db.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Haha, I hadn't thought of them like that, a bunch of rambunctious kids underfoot. Some may think I am taunting them when I say they are here for more than just to complain, but I believe that. They cannot be very comfortable in their supposed claim of athiesm, when they are hanging out in Christian threads. I am not really bothered by them, I like the fact they may read something that flips the switch. I just don't want them saying we chase them and try to force our beliefs on them when they come into these threads of their own free will. If they come to church they better expect to hear some preaching.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I don't go into the reptilian threads and try to convert anyone into being a non-believer of reptilians. I just don't care.

Of course if they came to my door passing out literature on becoming a reptilian believer, I might have to dress like a komodo dragon and chase them away. LOL.

There's a gay group (can't remember their name) that has a similar tactic. You get on their mailing list and when they've picked a straight bar to "attack" they send you info via email the day of the planned attack. Then they gather en masse at the "straight" bar of choice, dressed in drag and start drinking and making out in front of the "straights".

When the regular customers get disgusted and leave the invaders consider that some sort of victory. :shk: Sounds kind of childish and petty to me.

If the unbelievers want to remain unbelievers then so be it. The peace found in Christ prevents any true feather ruffling on the part of the believers. If I find myself getting ruffled I just have to remember that we fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.

THAT enemy is already defeated and those that the enemy controls (or influences) are still deeply loved by the Father.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
haha for christian viewers only. take your religious crap elsewhere, here on ATS we use our brains to think for ourselves, we are not told how to think (like a religion).

Tempesilliet,
This type of promotion of self thinking is often called 'Gnosticism" or the "religion" of reason and logic. It is not new and has its origins in paganism. Many of the pagan religions and nations were heavily steeped in gnosticism, reason, and logic. Gnosticism is also the religion of the body politic. It is also what is being taught in our public schools and colleges.

When you have to stoop to the use of the word "crap" to make a point to denigrate someone else's position...it shows that you can easily be turned into an emotional train wreck. That is also a gnostic wise man position in that many of their esoteric books will tell you that one of the purposes of this belief,discipline,logic and reason system is to teach you how to properly give in or cede to your emotions or passions.

Beware of wise man philosophy.

open-eyeballs,

While this looks very good and reasonable..it is not so.

Going back to the 'persecutions' (for lack of a better word, in regards to Americas Christianity) of today, you will find it more of a rebellion against Christianity because of its widespread acceptance..where at one time Christianity was the rebellion... So in that rebellious attitude is where you find much of where the anti- Christian rhetoric comes from... The small minded belief that none of it is true and therefore all Christians are stupid and dumb. Which (in the arguers mind) gives room for personal insults, flagging down posts on youtube and other fledgling attempts at ridicule...

People who know history know that the Church of Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins was never rebellious or in rebellion. This quote above looks logical and reasonable but it is a falsehood.
The Doctrine of Christianity has always been "come out from amongst them and be ye separate..and touch not the unclean thing."

This is true both in the Olde Testament and to the Christians in the New Testament.

This is simply because the rest of the world was and still is in Rebellion to God's Word..both Old and New Testaments. Nothing new or changed here.
What astonishes me here is how many Christians and their Preachers/Pastors both miss out on this very important and telling point. Preachers/pastors are selling their congregations short here.

The Hebrews were told because of this rebellion of the nations surrounding them ..not to do as they did. Not to be like the nations surrounding them. For these peoples, nations, and lands were defiled.

What Christians have in the Old Testament is a record of the Hebrews in obedience and then some of them in rebellion/disobedience to the Word of God in taking on ....often secretly and privily ...the customs and traditions...by logic and reason ..of the nations surrounding them.
The record also shows that this resulted in open warfare amongst them...destruction of their nation....captivity...etc etc.
All very logical and very reasonable in how it was done. It was however ...disobedient and in rebellion.

Christians and Hebrews..work best when in Exodus from the world and the worlds ways. They are to be in this world but not of this world.
The Christians were never rebellious..they have no instructions to be rebellious.
They are not to join in the customs and traditions of this world.

It is the world which is in rebellion and trying to seduce the Christians and Hebrews into the world's ways...by logic and reason...gnosticism...ie...politics. To those who can think it through under discipline...politics is indeed a religion and become the religion of rebellion while trying to paint politics as holy. Those who know the discipline of spotting counterfeits will know this automatically and instinctively.

To those of you reading this under Discipline...be warned... of this logic and reason ..it is not true. It is a counterfeit. It just initially looks good on paper. Teach yourself to spot the counterfeits...they are all around you. Be well versed in His Word..and you will spot most of the counterfeits.
Once you understand this concept of spotting counterfeits..learn the name of the counterfeiter...by name.

This is just a cover for a return to the olde religions and olde ways..before the Hebrews and Christianity. A return to the ways before the flood when wise men tried to rule the world.

Be Warned of logic and reason. Also know some history. Christians and Believers are often sorely remiss in this...and often to their undoing.

Bombeni,

Like White Wave..I too dont go into the reptilian or UFO threads. No interest in them.

As to them coming to my door...I have a system here for dealing with such. If people know me they know here to come to the back door. If you come to the front you are selling something or I dont want to speak with you nonetheless.

There's a gay group (can't remember their name) that has a similar tactic. You get on their mailing list and when they've picked a straight bar to "attack" they send you info via email the day of the planned attack. Then they gather en masse at the "straight" bar of choice, dressed in drag and start drinking and making out in front of the "straights".

When the regular customers get disgusted and leave the invaders consider that some sort of victory. Sounds kind of childish and petty to me.

I have to chuckle at this though it is a serious thing done here if you know the pattern.

Is this not the very bullying that so many in this community protest? Is this tolerance or bullying and intimidation if true??

This is not intelligence or smart..if true. It is however..giving into emotions and passions and doing so publicly...expecting a default by others. It is also textbook of politics today.
While it is childish ..is it not also the pattern to which much of politics is degenerating to day ..in default while claiming excellence and moral/ethical high ground??

I agree with Whitewave..if unbelievers want to remain unbelievers..no problem with me. I am not going to convert them. Not going to happen.
And White Wave is correct again..we are not here to fight against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.

To do this you have to know the history and patterns of operations...to know about counterfeits and their attempts at substitution.... by subtlety.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 7-10-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Interesting reading, we can't star the posts here but I would if I could.

Where you been keeping yourself? How many times I could have used someone like you to bring up the rear.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Nice post, orangetom and good to see you again. It is indeed strange to unbelievers that the believers should have "peace that passes understanding". If it's any consolation to the unbelievers, such peace sometimes passes our understanding, too.

I've been in many situations that would have others in an uproar or emotional upheaval but I remain strangely calm. For some people, remaining calm in a crisis is just their nature (or "natural man") and no real grace is needed; they have a measure of their own. Christ eventually brings ALL of our natural man into subjection. Even those aspects that are good in the eyes of the world.

I don't know if you are aware of how silver is refined but it's an interesting process. God says we are being refined like silver.

To refine silver, the base metal with all the impurities is put into the very center of an intense heat. It must be personally tended by the smith purifying it. If it stays in too long or is not properly tended, the refining process is ruined. It takes a personal, attentive touch.

The smith can tell the silver is refined and all the impurities (dross) removed when he can see his reflection in the metal.

Isn't that a lovely analogy? Yahweh personally puts us in situations that are "intensely hot" to us so that all our natural ways are burned off. He doesn't give us more than we can handle because He's interested in having a pure work wrought in us and won't let us "roast" too long.

Rather than complaining about our circumstances we can be thankful for such an attentive "smith" who will remove us from the fires when we start reflecting His image.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh that was a lovely post, really enjoyed the info. about the silver.

I feel like I've been tried by fire. But at no time during the low points in my life have I considered that there is no God. I wonder sometimes if those are tests, if God wants to make double sure no one get "up there" and then wants out. Ah well just some of my dumb thoughts; listen you want to talk about someone who has come full circle it's me.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by orangetom1999

Interesting reading, we can't star the posts here but I would if I could.

Where you been keeping yourself? How many times I could have used someone like you to bring up the rear.

Bombeni,

Thanks for your post.

I have been around but certain events transpiring on my end limit the time I have available for posting.

I will tell you a little secret here...Chirstians while they can and should be meek and mild...should also know when and how to be Salty. We are to be the Salt of the earth ...not the sugar.

Actually no secret to it. This is Salt with a capital S...not lower case...His Salt ..not ours. Understand now??

As a Believer...many times will you needs walk alone in and amongst this world. This world is not our home. We are strangers in a strange land.

Christians like the Hebrews of olde are a mnority surrounded by nations who dont like us. This has always been and always will be.

Whitewave is exactly correct in her post above about Peace which passeth all understanding in such a world and world system. For He is Peace...Peace is one of His names among many.

I do not look for peace and order in this world...not going to happen. All these politicians talking about world peace and such gnostic nonsense, I have known for years and years now..that they are lying and counterfeiting in this. They are of the counterfeiter...their system is of the counterfeiter...and I know the name of the counterfeiter ...by name. They lie and deceive in this and so many take a huge bite out of this apple while promoting world peace. Bewarned of this counterfeit as well..including the nonsense and lies of the United Nations for world peace.

For we have Peace in Him...because He is Peace...the Prince of Peace. His very name among many other names. In Him we have Peace or another word for Him is Rest... or Sabbath..meaning Rest/Peace. We rest in Him...everything else is a counterfeit. Simple is it not? The symplicity of the Gospel. The Good News.
For to say "Peace be with you" is to say that Jesus the Christ for remission of sins be with you.
When humans use peace they mean an abscence of strife. Chiristians know this means Jesus the Christ for remission of sins be with you.
A huge difference. A huge gulf.
In Him we have Peace..because He is Peace. Simple is it not??

To know this in ones very soul, as Whitewave aptly states, is to be knowledgable...to be purified by fire. To know of His knowledge and wisdom and how it works in an unfriendly and counterfeiting world.

And I agree with Whitewave again...to be calm when others are in a state of panic or upset.

In the days to come we will need this Salt, this Peace, this Rest much much more. For He is our armour our sword and buckler.
Also to gird ourselves with the whole Armour of God. To know His whole council. It is a lifetime work.

Whitewave,

Good analogy in the silver. Interesting you should use that analogy because as a matter of fact, right next to my computer, I have a envelope with two Engelhard Silver Prospectors .999 fine.

www.silvercoinguide.com...

IT takes a bit of refining to get silver to .999 fine.

In our case ...we are covered by His blood and He does His work in us to refine us to His liking and for His purposes.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 8-10-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think the atheists have somewhat of a point. I mean have you listened to some of the so-called Christians? It seems like the nuttiest, most dysfunctional loons will call themselves Christians. It's embarrassing. Then again, what the atheists call logic, I call self-aggrandizing excuses. They are desperate for there to NOT be a God. They NEED for there to not be a God. They're unreasonably angered that someone might remind them that there is indeed a God. When you consider the source of their unreasonableness then it makes sense that they would respond the way they do. I sometimes have to remind myself of who I'm REALLY talking to and also that the Father is not willing that any should perish but that all should come....

The Israelites made a huge mistake when they insisted on having a king rather than Yahweh to rule them. When people ask me, "where is your God? why does he let this and that happen?" etc., I tell them that Yahweh is letting mankind come to the end of himself. Man wanted to be his own god.....so be it. When we have tried every conceivable way we can think of to rule ourselves (communism, tribalism, and so on) and failed with each and every one of them, maybe then we'll acknowledge that we need a savior. Until we come to the end of ourselves, our wisdom, our knowledge, our science, Yahweh will let us fall and fail almost to the brink of self-annihilation. By then the world should be at the point of repentance.

"Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools." How do you explain the beauty of colors to a blind man or the euphoria of music to a deaf man? You can't and it seems like foolishness to him that you would stare endlessly at a sunset. To them it's just a warm evening. To the deaf man, seeing you sit in rapturous enjoyment of a symphony would look like you're in a quiet room making silly faces for no reason. The unbelievers lack the awakened faculty to be ABLE to understand. That's why they need prayer and not arguments. You can not argue a blind man into sight. It will take a miracle for their eyes to be whole.

Just like it did for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join