It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't trust 16 year old nerds debunking evidence that was pulled of a poor quality youtube video. Also no1 mentions the fact that fisherman points into the direction of nothiness?
If you are not 16 post your picture.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
They'll make a lot more money making a film like District 9, than they will posting this crap.

It looked good though. I'd like to have it on my demo reel!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Look sherlock, here is the difference channel obtained by inverting the phase of the left channel and then mixing the results in mono. You could have done this in like 15 minutes, if you weren't spending all your time showing how "much you know"

As can be heard from this recording the helicopter and speech are at an extremely low volume, consistent with a recording that originated as mono. The jets did not cancel out, consistent with a recording that was in stereo. Compression artifacts are also more audible since the codec used for the video probably uses joint stereo, where the signal is first turned into an M+S (mid plus side) type signal and then the "mid" channel is encoded with higher resolution than the "side" channel. Since I have uploaded a raw wave file, you can be confident that the compression artifacts are not a result of my processing.

For anybody who does not have a digital audio workstation, just pull the plug of your headphones slightly out. You will find a sweet spot where the voice and helicopter nearly disappear, but not the jets. It's basically the same result.

This is CONCLUSIVE evidence that this recording was put together from two layers: One mono layer which likely came straight from the camcorder, and one stereo layer, which came from a library of sound effects.

www....(nolink)/?sharekey=5b3a82e9f208d5a30dec85adfe0a530ae04e75f6e8ebb871

Are we done now?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I would have to agree that this video seems more legitimate than most other UFO-related videos. Not saying it is irrefutably genuine footage, but it just seems real and convincing.

The decision to blur their faces would suggest that they do not want to be identified for releasing this footage - which suggests it might be true. However, it could be done on purpose in an attempt to make it seem more realistic. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the former.

P.S.: Big thank you to the translator who took the time to write what was being said (if you visit ATS
)

[edit on 1/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Oh very good.. and who taught you that one?? took you a while didn't it to find someone to explain it to you? Well congratulations, problem is, you haven't proved a thing as the Helicopter on the original clip is actually very loud. All you've proved is that, as i suggested earlier on, that it has been edited by the broad cast company to alter the levels for broadcasting.

Still, I'm sure given a few more hours you'll be able to dig up someone else to help you dig the hole you constructing a little deeper.. Good look old chap..

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sorry to spoil every one's imagination but this has already been debunked.

For those interested in how I made it: I shot the background video on a 1/3-chip DV camera (TRV25). The Star Wars vehicles are either 2D stills found on the internet, or video I roto-scoped out of the movies, which I then motion-tracked and composited in After FX. I used the trapcode particular plug-in for some steam and smoke effects, and did basic sound design and assembly in Final Cut.

forums.randi.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Good video. The splash did appear to be cgi , but I am no expert just a hunch. My mai n question that may have been answered ,was this a mil helicopter or police chopper? If it is a rental chopper than yes it is probably cgi. The planes do turn around very fast. The owner of the chopper is the key.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
would love to find out who owns the chopper, thats something that 'should' be able to be tracked down.

but theres nothing strange about the jets making a tight turn

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

Ta muchly for that... confirms what i suspected... they might want to learn not mix dual mono files with stereo interleaved files when doing the final audio bounce, whoever did the audio rendering made a slip up there.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Without the ID number, you can't.

You don't know if that helicopter exists in some hangar in Portugal or Spain. You simply can't.

Yes, there is. That F-15 is going slow, and makes a fast turn. Because he is going slow, he can make such a turn. If he was going the speed the imaginary jets were in the video, he couldn't make that turn.

...turning a plane is like making a turn in a car. The more speed you have, the wider the angle will be.

...but, since someone already took credity for making this video, it doesn't matter.

Anyway, provably we'll still have people around here saying "no! It's a lie! It's real"...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by krystalice

Ta muchly for that... confirms what i suspected... they might want to learn not mix dual mono files with stereo interleaved files when doing the final audio bounce, whoever did the audio rendering made a slip up there.

yeah yeah... you suspected that all along. Boy, you really think ATS members are THAT stupid.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Oh very good.. and who taught you that one?? took you a while didn't it to find someone to explain it to you? Well congratulations, problem is, you haven't proved a thing as the Helicopter on the original clip is actually very loud. All you've proved is that, as i suggested earlier on, that it has been edited by the broad cast company to alter the levels for broadcasting.

Still, I'm sure given a few more hours you'll be able to dig up someone else to help you dig the hole you constructing a little deeper.. Good look old chap..

I think that this clip says it all. both you and I know that you lost the argument and you are trying to save face by trying to discredit the results I posted, which, you can't. All you can do is bank on the illusion you've created that you're actually a knowledgeable audio professional.

The sad part is that, you probably are, except that you have the definition of doppler mixed up, forgivable mistake there, as doppler does not really come up in a studio situation.

What is not forgivable is that you will stop at nothing to win an argument, even if it requires making patently false claims. And that you are driven by outright arrogance. You probably are extremely good at mixing records, but not much else, which would explain why you must defend your status so vehemently.

Perhaps you think most forum readers are too stupid to tell the difference. But you know, in your heart that you goofed about Doppler, and every ATS member who is worthy of any consideration can see that.

Go get a girlfriend, learn how to dance or cook, expand your horizons, do some yoga or tai chi., it will do you good.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yes yes yes..cos i did... You haven't a clue what i am talking about.. ie two stereo sources of a brad frequency range causing constantly shifting phase angles that can produce a *wide stereo effect*. That's not a surprise because you have probably never used such a tool and haven't a clue what different phase angles actually do. Yes you are brilliant you have learned that, if you sum two mono files the phase , more often than not, means they cancel each other out leading to perceived drop in the level of the bass. Ward yourself a silver star for learning the absolute basics.

trouble is, in the real world phase shifts come at any angle you care to imagine. Whole movie sound tracks have had to be re-recorded because of such artifacts not being apparent at the original recording stage..

See it's called having an open mind. I said originally i thought it was fake but in the interests of being open minded i was willing to admit there is a scenario that is wholly feasible why the files should look and sound as they do..

That's because i actually understand a hell of a lot more, being a sound engineer, of the possible parameters and variables in the equipment being used.

For instance, some camcorders stereo mics, in the real world producing audio tracks that are, to all intents and purpose dual mono not actually stereo due to the hideous level of cross talk between channels.

I said it had been edited in a studio and was proved absolutely right... There is phase shift in the Jet engines, a plug in to doe exactly that stereo widening trick has been employed, however, in the real world two sources, ie the jets engines, can also produce exactly the same phase angle effect..

In other words i understood both why it thought it was a fake but was willing to accept i might be proven to be real.. This you would actually understand had you read my posts, rather than, just skimmed thought..oh aha .. and gone off at a wholly irrelevant tangent in order to make yourself look clever..

But hey, that's par for the course on this forum much of the time, don;'t expect it to change any time soon.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

you've lost all credibility. give up already.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
MODS: This thread needs to be moved to the "HOAX" category as it has been conclusively proven multiple times.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

-rrr

You never had any credibility to begin with your cod 101 understanding of sound recording techniques... why don't you just admit you were and are, totally out of your depth?

You are typical on this forum, of the self appointed * experts* in fields they know absolutely nothing about , in the real world, because they touched on a subject on some course..

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My 2 cents.

I live on the opposite side of Spain, on the Mediterranian coast. Gallicia, where this alleged event occurs, is in the north, on the Atlantic/ Bay of Biscay coast. Both areas are very poor, the poorest regions of the country. I assure you, with the high cost of anything technological in this country, hiring a helicopter would be well out of the means of the vast majority of Spainiards, who tend to be pretty damned tight fisted with their cash. Hiring the helicopter for this production seems highly unlikely, and it is mroe than likely this heli is owned by the government, whether the Junta of Gallicia, the military, or other regional entity.

That said, the helicopter's orders could be taken a number of ways. The coasts of Spain tend to be very high trafficing areas for all sorts of less than legal commodities. Down on my coast, it is the boatloads of illegals from northern Africa as well as drug trafficing that are the main problems. In the north, overfishing of fishing quotas, smuggling immigrants into France and the UK, and drug smuggling are problems. Spain is the main port of entry for the vast majority of Europe's coc aine supply, where it gets distributed. Though the Spanish authorities are notoriously lax due to insufficient resources in dealing with the problem, they do send out boats and helicopters on occasion when they receive tip offs or spot suspicious boats and activities. It could be these fishermen were suspected of engaging in suspect activity, and the helicopter was demanding they return to port so that they could be questioned and searched.

Its a possibility. If CGI was used, it would explain the helicopter's presence, and this video could simply be a sort of cover-up on the fisherman's part to turn what might be an ordinary raid into something more.

Of course, I'm not saying the video is real or fake, I'll leave that to video and audio experts. Just pointing out some facts and possibilities.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

-rrr

You never had any credibility to begin with your cod 101 understanding of sound recording techniques... why don't you just admit you were and are, totally out of your depth?

You are typical on this forum, of the self appointed * experts* in fields they know absolutely nothing about , in the real world, because they touched on a subject on some course..

Here I am going to reveal a little bit about myself maybe it will calm you down:

I have worked as a hobbyist since I was about 12, and with actual studio equipment since I was 17.

I've seen the rise and fall of ADATS, I remember when MIDI was new.

I designed the mix engine of a DAW around 2002 2003. It wasn't marketed very well and died out.

I designed one of the plugins that shipped with that DAW.

I worked for 6 years at a major DAW company in the East Coast. It is NOT pro-tools though, or logic. It's a DAW that started very small and grew very steadily. you can figure out which one it is with that description. I designed the surround sound panning law for said DAW. Funny story, there's no "standard" way to pan surround, almost every DAW does something different.

I've designed a mastering plugin licensed to a company in the east coast. It's been selling strong for 8 years.

I produced the opening demo track for the DAW I contributed to (the one that died out), and at least part of this demo song was used on the TV series South Park after David Allen Young used the demo song as a template to make the "gay bar" music in the metrosexual episode (with the "crab people")

I have contributed to 3 major video games as the sole audio software engineer within the last 2 years. The biggest one released very recently.

I do not need your approval nor your admiration.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Funny how you absolutely no idea about how it works in the rwal world then isn't it? And for the record, I've worked on *Foley* for several major films produced by a guy who has made over 5000 TV commercials..

You're prgrammer, I'm an actual sound engineer.. You will remember us, we're the ones constantly telling you programmers that you stuff often doesn't work like it should no matter how much you tell us the amths says it does...

In other words, meet your own personal Reaper..

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Funny how you absolutely no idea about how it works in the rwal world then isn't it? And for the record, I've worked on *Foley* for several major films produced by a guy who has made over 5000 TV commercials..

You're prgrammer, I'm an actual sound engineer.. You will remember us, we're the ones constantly telling you programmers that you stuff often doesn't work like it should no matter how much you tell us the amths says it does...

In other words, meet your own personal Reaper..

Oh, I know. We did that all the time, we had audio engineers test our work and criticize it, which is how we made it better and better.

By the way, thanks for paying my paycheck!

-rrr

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join