It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Spain

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That looks like it might be the actual video there looking at ) Good find , and thanks for the translation although thats just strange as hell.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Good find.
unfortunately the experts are seeing the same video we are at 1:02 you can see that he is watching it on youtube, so i doubt that they are not saying anything that has not been said here 40 times.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Here is a translation, hastily done, but probably clearly enough that you can figure it out:

Anchor: ... helicopters from the Spanish Army.

Anchor: too much to be true?

Anchor: But this is what's shown on a video put on the internet with thousands of visits.

Anchor: On the "Sixth news" we've talked to experts who've helped us know how this was hoaxed:

Anchor: Some "gallego" fishermen were sailing peacefully when they suddenly saw various fighters chasing a UFO.

Anchor: An army helicopter orders them to return to port.

Anchor: This video is "impacting" but let's freeze the frame: The helicopter has no defense markings. And why is it using a megaphone?

David Martinez: "what's normal is to do this via radio, since vessels have a radio channel tuned to the coast guard"

Anchor: Besides the helicopter would have drenched the sailors and would raise waves.

Txabi Mira: We can observe as the helicopter does not make any kind of marks on the water with its blades. Another thing, that very clearly tells us that, of course, the helicopter wasn't really there.

Anchor: In "Galicia" we are terrified before this [threat] of martian invasion. Although the Gallego language of the sailors has shocked us a bit:

Anchor: They clearly didn't live in the south coast [inaudible]... but "I take a sh*t on diola"

Anchor: We are also relieved to know that the UFO does not exist:
Txabi Mira: They have cut the sky and have dropped in the water what looks like the UFO. Besides, at this precise moment It can be seen as they withdraw what's supposed to be the helicopter, they move it aside, and then drop the UFO.

Anchor: Notice how the UFO moves to the right. What is dropped is another object pasted on. Could this be an ad campaign to promote the "gallego" [inaudible, maybe some food product?] Since in the end, they are nothing but extra-terrestrial.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Since this clip was taken off the coast of Spain, it makes sense
to have fisherman from Portugal.
Sure, it makes sense, and they can even be from the Philippines or Mars, the fact is that they are not speaking Portuguese, so talking of translations "for the Portuguese spoken" makes no sense.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean.

PS: as apparently we have to be experts to state something on this thread, my expertise is limited to a 46 years practice in speaking Portuguese and some 40 years in occasionally hearing Spanish and Galician maybe once every three or four months.

PPS: for those that do not know it, Galician is closer to Portuguese than to Spanish (Castilian).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The thread is long but does this helicopter relate to any of this?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good point. All we know is that they are on a boat and they are not speaking english. For all we know they could be off the coast of california. This video has so many audio and video errors i do not know how people still think this is real

reply to post by talisman

As far as the other helicopter video that has come up. Couldn't i slap the same video title on this one and say that they are trasporting the UFO?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I like your style FM,
I'm a mad musician too, and I know what you are saying from a sound point of view is quite true. I'm listening to this vid through a Studiomaster 1208 and two RCF's, (stuff I use on the road) but the most notable thing i'm hearing by panning is the difference in sound equalization left and right, (it's the same through the earphones) the left channel is broader with more bass imput, the right channel is more harsh treble with some tinkleing and a slight hiss. It sounds as if the camera mike/s? are two different pickups.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Thanks for the translation, it sounds as if they are confused as I am. They are hitting all the wrong buttons in regard to so many posts here, while coming to the same conclusion as many posts here!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by julugu

As I said before, the man that speaks the most is the one that sounds less Galician, but they do sound close enough to the Galician I am used to listen.

I know that you said that you are from Spain, but as that does not show what your knowledge is I have to ask you, do you know Galician or are you used to listen to Galician?

PS: If you are in Barcelona than I am closer to Galicia than you, although that means little, it's just more of a curiosity.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Originally posted by rickyrrr

You do not need to clarify for me polar patterns, I know all that. You are describing the effects that vary the loudness and inter aural (or intermicrophone) delay aspects of perceiving a sound as coming from a given position...

I get all that.

Yes, you know what you are talking about when it comes to that... happy now?

That is not the Doppler effect.

Are you aware that the Doppler effect is used in police radar to measure the speed of cars?

Did you know that the Doppler effect is not exclusively an acoustic effect? it's not even related to the polar sensitivity of the transducer used (be it a microphone or an antenna)

And it does not depend on the plurality of transducers used. I know you're smart enough to look up Doppler radar once you get it through your head that you don't know what Doppler really is.

-rrr

Do yourself a favour mate. Quit before you make a compelte idiot of yourself. The physics of psycho acoustics are so unbelievably convoluted as ot be almost impossible to qunitify on any real constant level. I know, i deal with them day in day out.

We in the recording world have been here time and time again with people like you. You tell us the science says that this is perfect, but the fact is, in the real world it isn't because there are so many variables that cannot be modeled and taken into account. many of the classic albums contain sound effects that were as a result of given set of circumstances on one day for one particular system. because of the billions of variables science has never been able to re create that effect quite the same as it appeared that one time.

Yes the science exsts, in theory to explain all curiosities that appear on recordings but the reality is this. it is , practically, impossible to model the exact circumstances a recording was made in. For one thing, you would need to recreate the exact temperature and humidity the original recording was made in.

Given that, i'd repsectfully suggest you take your physics degree and go shove it, till you actually have some real world experience of what i am talking about The truth is , if recording was anywhere near as predictable in it's outcome as you seem to think it is, I'd have made a million or two out of selling the formula for sounding, just like Jimmy Page.

Give me a band to record in a room i know using gear i know, i can do pretty much, the same job every time, with 98% of the outcome being that which i expect. Stick me with a cheap camcorder on boat in the middle of the Atlantic, not knowing what to expect, whislt i might be able to rpedict much of the outcome with some degree of certainty, but because the overall parameters are both new to me and so unbelievably complex, i doubt there is a computer programme in the world powerful enough to be able to predict every possible scenario and outcome.

Your problem, is typical of many scientists, you have all the facts and figures but are completely unable to conceptualise outside of the box, where your parameters don't have the formula to account for every possible outcome, so you just cry foul and claim it never happened. You find it's called the 8real world* a few more scientists should try it. if they did, they might not be so surprised when another product, scientifically designed, and tested in the lab and proved to be *perfect* is returned time and time again because, in the real world, it is useless..

[edit on 30-9-2009 by FireMoon]

That's ok, we understand you find it embarrassing to admit you were wrong.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
it looked pretty real to me, how would they get the helicopter and jets on video, i know you dont get the best close up but i think that was real, u should try to locate them, great video

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Eurisko2012, I support many cases here on ATS and even gave Billy Meier a chance but since I worked extensively with stock sounds I can indentify them easilly, I agree the jets appear realistic but there are problems.

Even if a directional mic is used, it still does not explain the lack of sound delay, the sound is about as instant as the jets come onto the screen.

I am an artilleryman and I have observed shells impact from the range the jets are at and sound takes several seconds to travel to the observer.

The sounds also don't appear to be peaking out like you would expect from high intensity sound, the sounds are crystal clear and clearly sound like stock sounds to me.

I have seen many jet aircraft in my life and the sound is INCONSISTANT with any jet I have seen, and I have seen/heard most F-series fighters and some B-series bombers.

The sounds are likely from www.findsounds.com

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
To summarise, under normal circumstances the mics on your typical cam corder cannot, by their very nature and positioning produced a pronounced Doppler effect. However, because of the very nature of jet engines and how loud they are, plus, there are two jets in tandem, thus with the possibility of phase cancellation affects,, there is a probability, greater than zero, that the soundtrack is genuine.

Wow you have no clue what you are talking about. I suggest you stop posting because with every word you show a complete lack of understanding of the Doppler effect on sound. It has nothing to do with the microphone, and everything to do with the movement of the jet.

Here is a good example:

Notice the instant pitch and db change when the fire truck passes the camera. This should happen with the jet sounds on the video.

It has NOTHING to do with the microphone or camera direction/angle, it all has to do with the movement of the source of sound and its sound waves, and it's relative position to the camera operator.

When you make sound waves in a direction, and you are moving fast in that direction at the same time, the sound waves are compressed together in that direction.

Think of it this way... pretend you have a machine gun that shoots 5 bullets 1 second apart, and you are standing in one spot shooting.

You - ....5....4....3....2....1 ->

The space between each bullet will be 1 second if you are standing in one spot. However, if you were running really fast in the direction you were shooting, the space between each bullet would be smaller.

You -> ..5..4..3..2..1 ->

This is because you are moving closer to the last bullet shot.

This is similar to the Doppler effect with sound. If you are moving at high speeds and making sound waves, you are moving closer to each sound wave you produce. This will raise the frequency of the sound waves in the front, and lower the frequency of the sound waves in the back.

It will lower the frequency in the back because you are moving further away from every sound wave you make. Like shooting the machine gun behind you while you run forward. The bullets will be further than one second apart, because you are moving away from each bullet being shot.

Anyway.... the Doppler effect for some reason is not correct on the video. At all. I say this because when the jets turn around and make their second pass, the sound is not synchronized with the actual position of the visual jet. You can see the jet in the camera, and it already passed the camera, but the Doppler effect on the sound hasn't taken place.

....damn, I wish people had as much knowledge as I so this will be insanely obvious to them as it is to me.

Also, once again, the jet sounds completely shut off at 0:17. Unless they turned of their engines in mid flight, there is no reason for the jet sound to abruptly stop.

This may help you:

[edit on 30-9-2009 by EyeSeeAll]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Eurisko2012, I support many cases here on ATS and even gave Billy Meier a chance but since I worked extensively with stock sounds I can indentify them easilly, I agree the jets appear realistic but there are problems.

Even if a directional mic is used, it still does not explain the lack of sound delay, the sound is about as instant as the jets come onto the screen.

I am an artilleryman and I have observed shells impact from the range the jets are at and sound takes several seconds to travel to the observer.

The sounds also don't appear to be peaking out like you would expect from high intensity sound, the sounds are crystal clear and clearly sound like stock sounds to me.

I have seen many jet aircraft in my life and the sound is INCONSISTANT with any jet I have seen, and I have seen/heard most F-series fighters and some B-series bombers.

The sounds are likely from www.findsounds.com

I was an electrician in the navy. USS Vandegrift FFG-48.
We had aircraft carrier support all the time.
Not that easy. The Officer of the deck would have his hands full
maintaining the right position.
Hard for him but great for us. I would get off watch at around
8 PM and go up to the bridge.
The F-14s and F-18s would fly directly over us to land on the carrier.
- This is where the adventure comes in. -
It sounded exactly like the tape you saw.
My ship also had an SH60 Helicopter that drops torpedoes on subs
if a war ever broke out. I have seen and heard it all.
This tape is real.
Sea story. I was on watch maintaining my 450VAC/60 Hz power
at night when we were on our way to Pearl Harbor, Oahu.
We had a UFO encounter. It stopped right in front of us.
It got very bright and then jumped straight up and out of sight.
I got off watch and i heard the story on the mess deck.
A few guys were shaken. The officer of the watch almost
sounded General Quarters but it took off after a few minutes.
- The aliens are here. -
That was a small scout class spacecraft that dove into the ocean
for cover.
Here is a better version with a zoom on the spacecraft.
Zoom - longer version

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I don't see it explained as I see it. First we see the 2 F117s fly by and away from the boat with a person on the boat pointing to them and they are seen looping back to the right. The camera pans ahead to show a UFO hovering above the water and a hand pointing to it. And while the hand is pointing to the UFO 2 objects shoot by it, and one would assume it's the 2 F117s. The UFO drops to and below the ocean sending up a plume of water. Then we see the 2 F117s again as if they had gone around behind the boat and fly over the area where the UFO was hovering. Whoever is doing the videotaping now videos the person we saw before pointing to the planes and possibly the UFO. While he is talking to the camera a black dot appears over one of the background flags and then we see a helicopter which could have been the black dot.

It has to be CGI because when the guy pointed to the planes they had just flown over the area where the UFO was later seen hovering but the guy in the boat either missed it or whoever created this wasn't thinking. In order for the UFO creating a report which would have sent the jets to investigate, they're there! And so is the helicopter. As if the UFO had been seen in the area and decided to hover near the boat. It takes a while to fire up a helicopter and for coordinates, etc.

Because of all of the above, I vote for CGI though well done but not well thought out. It's in the details.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeSeeAll

[SNIP]l.... Look you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about... you are missing the point so badly, it is actually immensely funny.

Do you know the first thing, in practical terms, about cross talk in a stereo system and what the inherent problems with it are?

Because if you don't you won't have the foggiest clue, scientifically, what i am referring to and what i am trying to explain in plain language to people.

When will people like you actually read what i said about how people drop the term Doppler effect into posts without understanding how it translates in the real world on cheap camcorder?

If someone takes a picture of a UFO on a crappy little 1 megapixel phone camera it is hard to make any real quantitative analysis of the that footage without taking into account the inherent weaknesses of the camera.
Well that's exactly what we are trying to discuss here, with regards to the audio recording from some awful little mic built into a camcorder.

You understand that? it's really quite easy when it comes down to it. The whole discussion you are having with your friends on here about Doppler effects it completely and utterly irrelevant, So will you please just quit talking about something that has no real baring on the situation at hand.

I'm sure it makes you feel really clever to give everyone a 101 on Doppler but, that is not the moot point here...

The point being discussed is it possible that the jet audio is real. I think it's been added after, but there is an iota of doubt in my mind, because it's open, that due to some weird phase effect it could be the real thing.

What is actually being discussed here is this...

Under normal circumstances, would one expect to hear on an audio recording from an inbuilt stereo camcorder mic, a sound, travel from 180 degrees right to 180 degrees left in the sound field when played back on a very accurate and revealing system?

Answer ...no

Is it therefore possible due to phase cancellation effects to produce such a recording on such a camcorder.

Answer,,, Not that likely at all, but in the real world the answer is yes as we don't have the raw data to build an exact model of the event and discount the possibility.

Those of us who work with sound know that, on any given day, something will happen that leaves you thinking. How did that occur and how do i do it again?

People constantly carp on about no-one ever picking up a UFO on broad cast quality cameras. Well guess what?. I'd love to hear a UFO incident recorded on Earthworks measurement microphones, through some totally flat preamps, onto a Prism analogue to digital converter, set at the highest possible bit rate, to hard disk.

Funnily enough, I'm not holding my breath on that one. It might be a pain, but i try to work out what I'm hearing within the context of what equipment was to hand when the sighting occurred.

Given that, it means having to have an open mind about any number of curious effects and artifacts that are caused by cheap gear.

One of those artifacts, where two incredibly cheap and nasty mics are pressed together flat, on the surface of camcorder, is any number of strange phasing issues. One of which, can produce the effect heard on this tape with the jet engines.

My own opinion, is that it was added after, but i wouldn't be that surprised if the recording turned out to be real.

You understand that? I hope so, so can you quit with totals waste of bandwidth trying to be oh so clever, about something that is, almost wholly irrelevant?

Personal attack removed

[edit on 30/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Well, the F117 stealth fighters are out of service.
They are subsonic and show up on radar with the right band of
radar. That's how a Russian missile battery shot one down
over Serbia.
The fighters in the video were old but fast French fighters.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You said: "Well that's exactly what we are trying to discuss here, with regards to the audio recording from some awful little mic built into a camcorder."

Name one brand of camcorder and model number that has an "...awful mic built..." I don't think that you will be able to.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
After ALOT of reading on this thread (yes, i've read everyones post), there is a lot of "discussion" about the audio track of the video. Now, I am by no means any sort of expert on analyzing audio. I can't tell you if its real or dubbed in. I do have a knowledge of the doppler effect as it applies to radar (same basic prinicples). With that said...

Someone had said that jet fighters do not have the high pitch whine that is heard in the video between 8 and 9 seconds. If you refer to my sample video, you hear a similar high pitched whine between 5 and 7 seconds and between and 27 and 29 seconds. (same type of jet in both vids F-18c)

Secondly, regarding the doppler effect in my sample video, there are two examples of the doppler effect as the F-18 passes the camera twice. The camera is pointing straight at (as best as the cameraman can) the aircraft and you clearly hear the doppler effect. (Just a sample that, as best i can find, closely resembles the video in question)

In the UFO video, one of the things that bugs me is the sound of the jets goes away when they do a 180 to return to the object. (I am from the point of view that its only two jets in the video) It could be that the sound of the boats engine drowns out the jet engine noise. It is closer and reasonably loud. In the sample video, you hear the jet engine the entire time but there is no other loud or close noise that can drown out the jet engine.

As for the speed of the jets and the affects of their flight on the surface of the water... The jets are not exceeding the speed of sound. If they were, you would hear the sonic boom as they pass the camera. If you couple the fact they they are subsonic and the height they are flying, they would have no affect on the surface of the ocean. Even if they were flying supersonic speeds, the height that they are flying is too high for the pressure wave to affect the surface of the ocean.

Maybe some of the audio experts can analize my sample video (or any of the other numerous jet fighters flybys on youtube) and compare it to the ufo video and post the results.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join