It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Sorry for replying late...

Star and flag all over this thread.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

So far it has just been rubber bullets, pepper spray, tear gas and sonic weapons used on the good citizens of the nation trying to protest.

Because after all this is no Iran here
we are a kinder gentler more technological advanced military dictatorship!

I have been listening to the police scanners in the area and for the most part there concern seems to be securing mororcade routes and check points and keeping the citizens of Pittsburgh from accessing the new "Security Zone" in their city.

Nothing to see here folks move along or non lethal munitiuns will be used on you!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was just watching a a video excerpt on cnn.com and heard the following from the Pittsburgh police: "we declare this an unlawful assembly. No matter what your intent, you must leave". Did the City of Pittsburgh just stomp on the First Amendment? Now THIS is troubling to me.

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2009/09/24/tsr.todd.g20.tear.gas.cnn

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks Slayer my friend, I have been working this story almost non-stop all day long trying to put as much information in one place for those who have an interest.

Hopefully all ends peacefully for the people of Pittsburgh, citizens, protestors and visiting dignitaries alike.

I was born in Pittsburgh, and while it's been decades since I have lived or spent time there, it's troubling to see this kind of thing happening back home.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great thread.

I wish I was there to experience this.
Alas for shame, I have sold my soul to the devil (government)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This poster is questioning whether these might be military forces dressed as police and a precursor to Martial Law

My first question that came to mind is when the reporter spoke of these protests being illegal because no one had permits. We're already #ed people, protesting in this country, be it violent or peaceful will always end the same way as it has for the last 50 years. The only way anything can change is if we stop obeying them, stop paying taxes, just plain stop complying with their laws of extortion. Henry David Thoreau said it best;

Unjust laws exist; shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to be on the alert to point out its faults, and do better than it would have them? Why does it always crucify Christ, and excommunicate Copernicus and Luther, and pronounce Washington and Franklin rebels?

We need to simply stop playing by their rules and then simply watch their house of cards fall in their own desperation to save it.

link   

Great link. I discovered that Pittsburgh is just as horked up as my city. Over heard on the scanner there: Rescue was dispatched to assist "a man knocked over by a dog"... and "that there is paint all over"

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I was just watching a a video excerpt on cnn.com and heard the following from the Pittsburgh police: "we declare this an unlawful assembly. No matter what your intent, you must leave". Did the City of Pittsburgh just stomp on the First Amendment? Now THIS is troubling to me.

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2009/09/24/tsr.todd.g20.tear.gas.cnn

I watched CNN Reporter Brian Todd get tear gassed on that video earlier with the police firing off rubber bullets at the crowds and using sonic dispersal weapons all at the same time.

The videos I saw of the Tehran election protests honestly looked safer and friendlier.

It's not just the Pittsburgh police but the State Police and dozens of other law enforcement agencies from around the country that sent officers in to help police the gathering.

Pretty disturbing to say the least. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey

Great link. I discovered that Pittsburgh is just as horked up as my city. Over heard on the scanner there: Rescue was dispatched to assist "a man knocked over by a dog"... and "that there is paint all over"

Correction an anarchist dog!

I have to give some of the officers credit some of them were saying the "So called Anarchists" meaning they don't really believe they are anarchists but just demonstrators.

The poor cops sadly don't have much choice on days like this but to listen to who signs their paychecks! Especially in this economy.

Still it's a pretty sad thing to see here in America, anarchist dogs delberately knocking people over to spill their paint!

Bad fido, bad fido!

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ludaChris

I could not agree with you more my friend and have written similiar here earlier in the thread that it's only when we stop feeding their system through paying for it with our labor and taxes and obeying it's draconian rules will we ever truly know freedom or a better world.

Don't feed the beast!

Great post friend, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ok, so I heard that the protest crowd was dispersed because they didn't have a permit. Is this oversight on behalf of the protest coordinators? Or were the permits denied?

If the permits were denied, then how is one supposed to practice their 1st amendment right?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I live here, have all my life basically. Not much to see, and I have all local media. I also have a close relative doing security. He has told me nothing (as he has been working for the last 2 days). I will post what he tells me after this all dies down as I dont want to compromise his safety in any way. What i have seen on local media is the sonic dispersal thingy, which I do not like to see on our streets.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I put it on VOX capture and will let it run all night just in case something funky happens while I'm asleep. I don't feel so weirded out by capping this comm channel... in the past I accidentally captured the EMS dispatch to the death of a friend of mines wife.

I sat on that audio for a week before I had got the courage to break it to him. (That I had the audio, not the death)

Oddly enough, he wanted it.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af8487c421de.jpg[/atsimg]

Just another glorius fall day here in America.

Thank goodness the Iranian President was not invited to attend, for some reason I have a funny feeling pictures like this would just break the poor man's heart.

Not only doesn't he have nuclear weapons he isn't even winning in the repressive dictatorship category!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Last time they had a great plan to 'just remove, or pluck out the leaders' we ended up with the Black Hawk Down incident......LOL

Sounds just like the Military Industrial Complex to me......

S+F...thanks for the insight and updates.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Ok, so I heard that the protest crowd was dispersed because they didn't have a permit. Is this oversight on behalf of the protest coordinators? Or were the permits denied?

If the permits were denied, then how is one supposed to practice their 1st amendment right?

One group of protestors I posted pictures and articles about earlier in the thread did not apply for a permit citing A: they shouldn't have to since the Constitution grants citizens the right, and B: where they wanted to ultimately march to and end up at protesting no one was allowed a permit to access.

A few permits were turned down, and none were issued until the last minute but there is a three square mile 'Security Zone' where the meetings are taking place and the dignitaries staying that no protests or protesters are allowed in to.

Whether you have a permit or not CNN is reporting that the Police don't care and are using their own discretion to move crowds away from areas they do not want them in, and keeping them from assembling to long in any one place and filling their ranks in the process.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yes Aggie Man, it is very troubling. It's amazing how the police decided that it was an unlawful assembly.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
I live here, have all my life basically. Not much to see, and I have all local media. I also have a close relative doing security. He has told me nothing (as he has been working for the last 2 days). I will post what he tells me after this all dies down as I dont want to compromise his safety in any way. What i have seen on local media is the sonic dispersal thingy, which I do not like to see on our streets.

I find the sonic dispersal weapons use to be the most troubling of all. The reality is that with these kinds of VIP present that much of the town would be inconvenienced even if there were no protests taking place as they secure certain vital areas of the city for them.

The temptation to blame the distruption on day to day life on the protestors as a result is kind of an unfair one but a natural one as you basically get to see the protestors running and demonstrating and the dignitaries are only seen getting off their airplanes and behind bullet proof tinted glass of their motorcades because if dignitaries are one thing it's dignified, well until they get the microphone at the Podium anyway!

I was born in Shady Side hospital many years ago when real rock bands were still young!

(a long time ago)

I hate to think they are using sonic weapons on the streets of Pittsburgh.

I truly do.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Technology and up to the minute information sure can be a double edged sword sometimes that's for sure my friend.

It's funny, some days when there is nothing happening in the world I keep jumping from one news site to the next saying...why isn't something happening?

All the information can be addictive at times.

Ignorance is bliss we here on ATS must be masochists to want to so actively deny it!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer

Last time they had a great plan to 'just remove, or pluck out the leaders' we ended up with the Black Hawk Down incident......LOL

Sounds just like the Military Industrial Complex to me......

That is basically what all this fuss is about today, protecting the military industrial complexes errand boys as they get to gether to put on a happy face for the manipulated masses.

Oh what tangled webs we weave when we at first practice to decieve.

Thanks for posting my friend.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join