It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Why is it that the one side looks so much more dangerous to society and life, liberty and happiness than the other?

Uniform conformity is just what I am looking for in a universal destination!

NOT

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Whats messed up is alot of these people now are residents of these streets and theyre upset that this is going on, its not visitors protesting, its people living there, they brought alot of outside forces in for this. i dont know if KDKA streams but thats the local tv.

link   
One of the local news teams is filming. The van pulls up and issues the standard "disperse" message, you know, the one that suggests riot-dispersal agents will be used.

Cut back to the studio, \

to paraphrase, "Well you heard that, our reporter and camera man are sensibly moving back as instructed... whatever you purpose is... I suppose that means reporting the news as well.."

Never a truer word spoken.

link   

By Dennis B. Roddy

Police effectively splintered a crowd of 500 protesters as they attempted to make their way through Lawrenceville to Downtown, firing multiple rounds of tear gas and unleashing a long-range sonic device to splinter the group.

The march, which began around 2:30 at Arsenal Park, put black-clad anarchists face-to-face with riot-helmeted police who blocked the march as it made its way down Liberty Avenue.

After repeated orders over a loudspeaker to disperse, police set off a sonic blast. Protesters worked their ways through side streets, overturning six dumpsters along Denny Street, effectively barricading the street against police vehicles, before they moved to 37th.
Police responded with three rounds of CS gas, which sent a caustic cloud that choked protesters and drove residents from their front stoops to the safety of indoors.

"They took out the whole neighborhood, man," said Dylan Wilcox, a demonstrator who was treated by street "medics" who carried milk, water and antacids to wash the gas from his eyes.

"I was astonished. I'm actually kind of overwhelmed," he said.

Demonstrators moved on to other side streets where, at one point, they confronted police in a shoving match near 38th and Mintwood.
"They tried to surround this group," said Alex Bradley, one of the anarchist leaders. "All we know is the rest of the group that was not able to break free were trapped."

There you have it, confirmation of sonic weapons being used on the crowd even though they represent the same basic danger to the normal citizens living in the neighborhood they were deployed and used in.

Just incredible.

Disgusting that this could happen in America

Pittsburgh Post Gazette

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I wonder if this was the sonic weapon that broke this glass or if it was the protesters.

Hard to believe that the bank couldn't afford to board up as many businesses did in the area.

Sonic weapons used on Americans for protesting because of a broken bank window?

It boggles the imagination.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OC gas, not CS gas, as reported by Channel 11 Pittsburgh.

Russian motorcade held in a holding pattern.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
BTW, this is what America thinks of those fighting for their freedom:

From Twitter:

siyuz Getting a drink at Starbucks to protest the #g20 protesters. #fb

barkerbell If people feel the need to protest during the G-20 I wish they'd do so lawfully and quit destroying property and breaking the law.

fjvargasfsu I think I'm gonna head downtown to the G20 protest and hang out... the area around the airport is too quiet.

ajszalla Dear G20 protesters, please protest in front of Bruegger's so I can close the store down. That will be all.

rleejr79 Is this really a G20 protest or is everyone really protesting the fall of the Pirates over the years?

nunca433 "we will never be able to do our #teaparty protests ever again after this #G20 protest" well, there's always a silver lining, neocons

Yup, these are the Apathetic, Ignorant twits you want to save. It's all a joke to them, a comedy, something to break up the monotony of their daily lives. And, sadly enough, this small slice most likely represents the vast majority of the American Populace.

Good night, sweet freedom, too bad I never knew you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
OC gas, not CS gas, as reported by Channel 11 Pittsburgh.

Russian motorcade held in a holding pattern.

To funny a visiting Russian delegation delayed on the streets of America while a tyranical U.S.A. Government and Police force puts down peaceful protests.

They have to be laughing in Moscow today.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Beautifully put my friend, the sad truth is that most of these people have no clue what freedom means as they never have been free to taste it's sweet virtues.

Oh what the Oligarchs have done to this once thriving nation.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are now twitter reports of a protester with two bombs strapped to him in the crowd. Unknown if it is a real protester, a provocateur, or even real and not a lie.

also, more ignorance:

Bigjaunt Oh no... some protesters got sprayed with pepper spray at a G20 protest... big deal...

Jon_TWR 1/2 The #G20 protest drinking game: drink when 1)Police advance 2)Any protester gets arrested 3)Any mention of Nazis

Bring the paddy wagon, good sirs. #g20

#g20 #protesters stop being d-bags.

Le Sigh.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
When I heard on the news that riot police had used tear gas I thought they were talking abiut Iran, I am shocked that this happened in the USA the home of free speech. People must have the right to protest without asking permission, lets face it the powers that be will refuse one if it will represent people who disagree strongly with their agenda.
Having SWAT teams and armoured vehicles is incitment imo.

If tear gas was used in the UK there would be a public outcry as there was at the police kettling.

Yahoo news mentions the police used pepper spray, the BBC and guardian say tear gas,.

news.yahoo.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Bank lady just said a guy came out of the crowd and broke it with a hammer and then started hitting the atm

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
There are now twitter reports of a protester with two bombs strapped to him in the crowd. Unknown if it is a real protester, a provocateur, or even real and not a lie.

For all we know it's water bombs or cherry bombs!

Lets hope not, I would hate to see any one die because this criminal band of G-20 miscreants chose to come to town to encite the locals.

What they United Nations wasn't big enough for them to have their meeting when they were all there yesterday I suppose?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

How can we be certain then that this was simply not the God Thor looking to use the bank and then when he realized it was closed the ATM?

To blame this on the protestors when it has all the tell tale signs of divine intervention is just wrong!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Baum Avenue is the latest location of one of the teams, I doubt a bomb is in play, these televison reports are showing kids and residents.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yep, Liberty Ave and Baum, kid grabbed a cop and they threw him down and shot rubber bullets, theyre going there live with cameras now.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

The authorities are no doubt going to push hard to shut this down before the sun sets.

Lets hope it ends peacefully and no one gets hurt.

I wonder if it was actually Loki who smashed the bank's door and was just trying to make it look like it was Thor?

Loki is usually the trouble maker!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

From Twitter:

rleejr79 Is this really a G20 protest or is everyone really protesting the fall of the Pirates over the years?

Seeing as how my wife is from Pittsburgh and all of my inlaws live there, that comment is actually more astute and clever than blind and apathetic. The Pirates really, REALLY suck, man.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

From Twitter:

Seeing as how my wife is from Pittsburgh and all of my inlaws live there, that comment is actually more astute and clever than blind and apathetic. The Pirates really, REALLY suck, man.

Of course the great conspiracy yet to be tackled was the plane crash that took Roberto Clementes life.

This plot against the Pirates goes way back and it's perpetrators know no bounds. I suspect Cleveland to be behind this!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And with a ferry range of 1280 miles, chinook can quickly get those segregated leaders well outside of the United States and any relevent laws. Chinooks are big enough that they are actually less than ideal for rapid local transport. This is a strong indicator that they would be looking to take incarcerated protestors FAR away.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join