It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Believe me I agree with you a 100% that it is the police that turn these events confrontational and violent.

It's amazing when they draw a line that no one has tried to cross they just go look for the people and keep drawing lines and trying to box them in until they get the confontation they want.

I was listening to the police scanners earlier today, and if it's any consolation some of them used the term 'so called anarchist' like they really did not believe or feel confortable having to proclaim the protestors something deragatory.

They are part of a machine though, and sadly the way the machine is designed to work in mass like it did today doesn't even slow down if it's just a dissenting or unsure voice here or there, it takes on a life and a momentum of it's own, in the typical us against them mentallity that all confrontations ultimately boil down too.

It's a crazy world friend, thanks for doing what you can and trying to make it a better one!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
God im tired of this, no one listens when u try and explain it to them.
Ive been called alittle of each...

i myself found out about 9/11 conspiracy from a friend...
in the beginning i was abit unsure about this but i thought
that the accusation was big enough to investigate...

Now all of the # i and my close friends have known for 2 years is happening...
We found about they were gonna invade iran 4-5 months b4 the media went
focus on iran.... (thrust me they will invade)...

We knew that the next president was going to get mass attention from the international media...

its a silly world we live it... all of theese conspiracy theories and facts
have made me depressed, my life is on a hold ive lost 15kg...
ive shown proof to friends and family numerous times...
YET all still think that its impossible that a society could exploit everyone so much... There is proof in the economics and bank history through the last 400-500 years...

Most even thought that the chip implant would be a good idea!
So much easyer then cash / Visa / atm's....

I dont understand people...
2012 wont be the end of the world unless we let it... 8 years have gone by...
thats far to long

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
srys for the whine. Had to blow out some steam

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d37bb44086c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Police quickly put on their gas masks after the canister they threw into the crowd blew back on them as protesters gathered on Schenley Drive in Oakland protesting the gathering of leaders at Phipps Conservatory for the G-20 Summit.

I have to be honest when I look at these pictures and then think of all the members here on ATS that are so quick to criticize other nations for pictures like this on their streets but then fall completely silent when it happens on our own I really, really, really have to wonder...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My brother just sent an email. He just got home from a 14 hr day as security front lines . He reports all quiet, and the incidents were isolated and small. Protestors disorganized and friendly. Random lunatics have caused the problems and face arrest. I dont think he'd be home if there was a reason for him to be there.

[edit on 9/24/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
National Guard makes arrest. not sure why

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spankenstein

Believe me friend I understand. I can't personally imagine how anyone could turn a blind eye to these things happening on our own streets and not be upset about it.

But also as you look at the picture above what the government does if and when at all possible is to use overwhelming force for the specific purpose of making it seem hopeless.

Its not hopeless and we can all hope there will come a day when enough people stand up and speak up and our fed up to where we realize that as impressive as their numbers of force might be, they are nothing in comparisson to what ours the people are.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
My brother just sent an email. He just got home from a 14 hr day as security front lines . He reports all quiet, and the incidents were isolated and small. Protestors disorganized and friendly. Random lunatics have caused the problems and face arrest. I dont think he'd be home if there was a reason for him to be there.

[edit on 9/24/09 by scooterstrats]

Thanks for sharing that. They did work to shut it down early and put things to bed and lock things down for the day.

They just have to get through one more day and probably hope they got most of the ring leaders today and have crushed the will of the rest in the process (there is a good chance they did too).

I guess we will know more tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
not working in protest, effecting the finances of other nations and the big money folks, would be construed as an act of war and the USA would be turned into a smoking ruin

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Demonstrators opposed to policies of the G-20 nations confronted police in sometimes violent clashes in several locations around the city today and tonight.

A total of 19 people were arrested in the various protests, according to a police briefing at 9 p.m.

Pepper spray and smoke canisters were used to halt a march to Downtown by anarchists and others this afternoon in Lawrenceville, although some of the demonstrators regrouped and again faced off with police. One of those confrontations involved protesters throwing rocks at police and police firing rubber bullets at them near the landmark Ritter's Diner on Baum Boulevard

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Vic Walczak, legal director for the local ACLU, told reporters, "I don't think this is an unlawful assembly. Everybody is peaceful. This is as close as they'll get to the world's 20 biggest leaders." He also said that when a police car needed to get through, the crowd moved out of the way.

Some in the crowd chanted, "Whose street? Our street" before police fired the gas. The crowd spread out and then returned, and then police, including 12 on horses, advanced on them, forcing them back.

But the crowd didn't leave and seemed by 8:30 to actually be growing despite repeated orders to disperse. One person was arrested for throwing a milkshake into the crowd.

Then at 9:45, a line of police raised their batons and shouted "move back!" at the protesters, and then went forward, forcing the crowd to retreat about 20 feet.

Some students turned and ran.

But a core group of protesters remained standing directly in front of the police line, chanting and banging drums.

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm not saying there wont be sparks tomorrow.
There will ! I'm just trying to describe the current situation without rabble-rousing. As of now, only crickets. I encourage peaceful protest and agree with many of the positions put forth here (other than anarchy). Vandalism should be met with equal force. Otherwise let all protests continue !

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
More smoke/OC just fired. Close to where the folks were meeting. Thats no good.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Police officers in riot gear raised their batons and shouted, "Move back!" at people gathered at Schenley Plaza in Oakland, then moved forward, forcing the crowd to retreat about 20 feet.

Some University of Pittsburgh students turned and ran.

But a core group of protesters is standing directly in front of the police line, chanting and banging drums.

Police want the streets around Phipps Conservatory cleared before G-20 heads of state leave their working dinner their.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Police officers in riot gear raised their batons and shouted, "Move back!" at people gathered at Schenley Plaza in Oakland, then moved forward, forcing the crowd to retreat about 20 feet.

Some University of Pittsburgh students turned and ran.

But a core group of protesters is standing directly in front of the police line, chanting and banging drums.

Police want the streets around Phipps Conservatory cleared before G-20 heads of state leave their working dinner their.

OK, but that was at least 5 hours ago. Please keep up..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

From Bill Schackner

Another group of G-20 protesters has struck in the heart of the Oakland retail district.

While police were trying to remove protesters from Schenley Plaza shortly before 11 p.m., others were overturning a trash bin at the interesection of Forbes and Oakland avenues and setting its contents afire.

When police arrived, they said they found windows smashed in a Subway restaurant, a Bruegger's Bagels shop, a Panera Bread shop and a McDonald's restaurant.

Protesters who had been chased away from Schenley Plaza also went on a destructive spree, breaking the windows of a Quizno's sub shop at South Craig and Filmore streets.

G-20 protesters have communicated to each other that they should strike big corporate targets, such as the establishments targeted in Oakland tonight.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

From Jerome Sherman

Protesters chased away from Schenley Plaza a half hour ago have left a trail of destruction on South Craig Street and Forbes Avenue.

Police and business owners report that windows were broken at a Quiznos sub shop, the Irish Design Center, and PNC, BNY Mellon and Citizens bank buildings.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think it's interesting that these leaders are so frightened. What's the saying? People shouldn't fear their governments. Governments should fear their people. Looks like these guys are truly, sincerely frightened for their lives. You think they don't have people who read these conspiracy sites? They have their own guys here on ATS. They know what is really happening in the hearts of Americans and the world. They know how disturbed everyone is becoming about TPTB. They know that people are opening their eyes and ears to the way things are being run. And they are pissing in their pants for it. But why would they choose to have their summit in a city with a slight history of violent demonstration? Then they bring in their humvees, troops, and helicoptors to protect them. Maybe they want chaos to break out so that this huge snowball we've been waiting on can start rolling.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Then why do you align with adolescents who don't even care? Marg, you know I don't go off often but I'm sick of people defending these violent punks.

Protest yes and I'll stand up with you. If and only if you are peaceful and doing it for a real reason and understand what you are protesting.

We saw these same types during protests of the Vietnam War and yes I'm saying I protested. We knew what we were protesting for and why. We were peaceful and never thought of destroying property to make a point because we knew if we did we were no better than what we protested. These clowns would come along and they pretended to be protesting when in fact what they were doing was causing trouble for a thrill.

These so called Anarchists make it so that when there is genuine protest nobody will pay attention. Don't trust these clowns.

They issued many permits to REAL protesters. The people who protest in peace and do it the right way have my utmost respect. The childish minds who try to force their points of view on people and revel in acts of violence for violence sake deserve no respect.

People like MLK were genuine hero's. I would stand in front of a gun with a man like that but nothing for a bunch of rioting children. These Anarchists are just punks. Change will be slower coming because of them, not faster.

I apologize if I offended. It was not my intent.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanx Blaine ! Thats my point. The amount of broken windows and overturned trash cans are not the result of a protest that accomplishes anything. More like signs of resigned humility, broken spirit, and desperation. I could do the the same in a half hour in Oakland. If broken windows and overturned trash cans are supposed to make a mark on the worlds leaders, then they can look at any small town every day.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join