It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Muscle Will Show in G-20 City

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I agree with you friend that there is a silver lining in all that has recently transpired.

The corporate government is more and more displaying its paranoia and abuse of its power to protect and ensure their hedgemony.

They are revealing their tactics that they will need to rely on moving forward thus holding them up for disection to those with a mind and an eye towards defeating or circumventing them.

They are continuing to give intelligent and concerned people additional pause for thought and winning far fewer friends in the process than they are loosing.

There are good things in these events and we must always remember it is darkest before the light. How much darker it might become before the light once again shines is anyone's guess but there is no denying that the forces of darkness are gathering and on the march and revealing themselves more and more in the process.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Sancho my good friend I empathize and feel much the same. It was an effort yesterday to remind myself though that anger is self defeating and robs one of balance and the ability to fully annalyze and profit from a full annalysis.

Keeping calm while we disect and learn from the lessons being presented to us by those who would disenfranchise our liberties and quality of life and formulating rational and effective responses versus reacting rashly is a critical part of a succesful effort to grow and evolve to ever changing circumstances and an every changing world.

Ultimately collective wisdom and good must defeat or at least ballance collective evil and greed.

Calm and cool heads that are determined but not angry can do that.

The Powers that Be are able to so effectively do what they do because of the detached manner emotionally in which they undertake their endeavors.

Those on the opposing side of the coin must do the same and not yield to the base temptations of emotion that have been laid at their feet to entrap them with and weaken them by, by a more calculating and less emotional opponent.

Mind over matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Remember when I said people should be more worried about the Police, than the National Guard?

All of these videos and news have confirmed that worry.

The National Guard were not the ones gassing people and using the LRAD. It wasn't the National Guard telling people they were an illegal assembly and had disperse regardless of why they were there.

People shouldn't be paranoid about the National Guard. They are just regular folks who do one weekend a month training. They hold regular jobs and many are college students. They don't have an "Us vs. Them" mentality.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Fair enough MikeboydUS and I shall concede both you stating it and the reality of what transpired, but I will also add...

This is how you begin to expose the National Guard to an Us versus Them mentality.

The Guard seems to have been used primarily as a second line of defense and security inside the 'Security Zone'.

That most secure area was militarized in that fashion.

The Police were used outside the "Security Zone" to keep anyone from drawing to near to the Security Zone but to also sew chaos in the targeted groups of people deemed most likely to 'try' to penetrate the "Security Zone".

Either way you slice it the Government's actions all the way around were/are

Edit to add I gave you a star for being right in regards to that, but by no means to I think how Pittsburgh was handled was right

[edit on 26/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I agree that what happened there with the police was entirely unecessary. There was excessive and unecessary force. I hope there are a ton of lawsuits. Some of the news media should even sue.

My main goal is to get the word out to people that the National Guard are not the ones to be worried about. What happened in Pittsburgh does not represent the National Guard or the US Military.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I agree that what happened there with the police was entirely unecessary. There was excessive and unecessary force. I hope there are a ton of lawsuits. Some of the news media should even sue.

My main goal is to get the word out to people that the National Guard are not the ones to be worried about. What happened in Pittsburgh does not represent the National Guard or the US Military.

I will star you again for the noble effort and the virtue of the thoughts behind it while at the same time suspending judgement on this issue as we do not know how the military would have responded had protestors actually been able to penetrate the security zone, since the protestors were not able to penetrate the security zone.

The thing I honestly find most frustrating, is yes there sure is some great lawsuit material for those who can bear the expense and time of filing one yet we also have to consider this.

Who paid for the police presence to terrorize the citizenry?

The Citizens!

Who paid for the weapons used against the terrorized citizenry?

The Citizens!

Who will pay the costs of any settlements against the government and or law enforcement?

The Citizens!

Every which way you look at it and slice it whether the citizens win or loose the citizen ends up paying for it!

Now that my friend is what I call INSANE!

When all is said and done for 20 jaded dignataries and their enterouges to have a dinner in Pittsburgh and witness a small area of highly militarized city on lock down that was probably not even notable as a cullinary experience or a sight seeing one will cost the tax payers tens of millions of dollars in direct costs, and cost affected businesses and their employees likely tens of millions more and that's before the lawsuits?

Yet we wonder why we are broke.

This whole charade could have been conducted at the U.N. or Washington D.C. both of which are normally better prepared and equipped to handle such functions and honestly if there were true and legitimate security concerns it should have been held on an Air Craft Carrier surrounded by a battle group at little extra cost to the tax payers with no law suits or loss of revenue.

This whole thing was a tremendous waste of money and a burden that was entirely unecessary placed once again on the backs of the citizens so a few chosen people can enjoy a total abuse of their power and privelage.

It is what it is, and what it is, is frankly pretty disgusting and disconcerting Mr. Boyd.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join