It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this is really a loaded question...... but I would have to say it is about the same

I believe in God for countless reasons...

and aliens, it is just logical so...... yea

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
God has a plan for everyone yet not everyone always realizes what God wants for them in their lives. God may want you to do something but you still have the choice and free will to reject God. Like Jonah who was rebelious to God suffered until in the belly of the whale when it took that kind of event for him to realize and bring God back into his life. If you reject God he won't punish you but he will do what he can to bring you back to him which may include misfortune. When you have God in your life and allow yourself to be a part of his plan the greatest of things will happen for you in your life.

Jonah is a story of grace. Jonah completely rejected God�s guidance and ran the other way. When God stopped him, Jonah prayed and asked for another chance. �What I have vowed I will make good,� he said. And God gave him a second chance. Like Jonah, sometimes we make huge mistakes. We do the ex�act opposite of what God wants for us. And when we do, Jonah has something else to show us about guidance. Jonah had been through the wringer. But while he was lying there on the beach covered in whale vomit, he heard God again. �Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time.�

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Raphael]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
God is harder to believe in than aliens, because the only way to really know God requires us passing through some disappointments and trials.

Secondly, in a world in rebellion against God, you have to swim against the tide, both of popular opinion, and your own impulses, to have a friendship with God.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Screw popular opinion. I've never been a crowd follower, as I'm sure most here aren't, which is why we're all here. I don't pay any real attention to what the mainstream people say because most of them are full of crap. They're just saying whatever they can to try to get me to follow them. Aint gonna work. I have my own opinions, and will keep them until either I change them or God does.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
TQP
Isn't anything really worth having worth the cost? Have you found when things come too easy they're not as satisfying?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Isn't anything really worth having worth the cost? Have you found when things come too easy they're not as satisfying?

CS, what you are saying is very true. I would add that whatever it costs us it always cost Him more.

A friend shared with me that there are two kinds of faith. One is believing in God and holding Him in the highest regard, and the other is the ability to keep loving God in spite of great disappointments, adversity or seemingly pointless suffering. I'm starting to believe that you can't have the first kind genuinely until you have the second kind.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I generally agree with that but, I do think it's possible to have the first kind without the trials. I know that the trials make us appreciate Him more.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The answer is quite clear to me...it is not even a matter of faith or "belief", rather a knowing with a peace beyond all understanding.
If one third of the "Angels" or citizens of the universe rebelled against God and joined Lucifer in revolt, that leaves two thirds loyal to the supreme being/creator and the earth in the balance and who knows, perhaps other planets like ours in
contention as well, in a battle for the hearts and minds (souls), with the prime directive being "free will" and minimum interference until final adjudication.
It is easy for me to take the writings of the bible out of its "Middle Ages" language and instead, with a modern mind, project it into more of a "StarWars" concept.
I could elaborate for hours, but instead, I will simply plant this seed....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well said flight-crew.
Similar thoughts crossed my mind, the world, laws and systems of Middle Earth are exactly like our world if you translate it correctly. Most have no clue what's going on in the unseen world.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i spoke to god last night - he said a lot of weird stuff which i cant post on here as i promised not to

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the valuable contribution, acidhead.

Activity seems to be dying down on your record-breaking thread, CS, so I thought I'd ask if you'd formed any lasting impressions regarding the original question.

I would observe that almost everyone who has posted has said that they believe in aliens. Only half the people - roughly - have said that they believe in God. Does that mean, officially, that God is harder to believe in than aliens?

And if that is true, what does it say about the nature of reality and perception?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is a hard topic for me. I tend to not believe in a kind of God who would plan a life for his children, as I would not want to plan a life for my children. We should all be able to make our own way and when someone plans something for you it is bound to backfire on them.

I would also be surprised, very surprised if aliens did not exist. But that is just me.

I wish I could express what my beliefs are as eloquently as most of you all. I just know deep in my heart that all of us will be allright. If we could stop wasting time arguing and fighting and dying for myths or creations of someone's deluded imaginations.

This earth, our lives, our families, our intelligence is so magnificent- but greed and power and ego messes it all up. So I am steering clear of organized religion and I won't commit to memory silly verses that can be interpreted to be this or that.

If the aliens arrive, they better not try to tell me to do anything. I will die fighting!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Accidentally double-posted, so this space is for rent, lol. J/K

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by TheBorg]

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by TheBorg]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlightCrew_
The answer is quite clear to me...it is not even a matter of faith or "belief", rather a knowing with a peace beyond all understanding.
If one third of the "Angels" or citizens of the universe rebelled against God and joined Lucifer in revolt, that leaves two thirds loyal to the supreme being/creator and the earth in the balance and who knows, perhaps other planets like ours in
contention as well, in a battle for the hearts and minds (souls), with the prime directive being "free will" and minimum interference until final adjudication.
It is easy for me to take the writings of the bible out of its "Middle Ages" language and instead, with a modern mind, project it into more of a "StarWars" concept.
I could elaborate for hours, but instead, I will simply plant this seed....

Ok, here I go again..

Lucifer is NOT SATAN!!! Lucifer was mentioned ONLY ONCE in the ENTIRE Bible, and only then was it referring to the planet Venus. VENUS!!! NOT SATAN. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you've believed that Lucifer was Satan all of your life because the old people told you to? Well, they were wrong! And I know it sounds cornier than hell(pardon the pun, lol), but Venus is Lucifer!! Case closed. Please pass this nugget of info around. If anyone can show me otherwise, I'd be greatly interested.

"Isaiah: Chapter 14, Verse 12: How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

If you read the rest of that chapter, it becomes obvious that he's speaking about Venus, and not Satan. Look!!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What I think God is:

God is in everything, everything is energy, energy vibrates thus has a frequency, frequency is sound/light (sound is a lower form of light), but there's a difference between the light of the sun and THE light, in the light of the sun, there's also THE light, I think God is that light, that light that is in everything. Without that light no thing can be created cause all things are based on that light. And because that light is in everything it connects all things with eachother, so it is allknowing, it's a conciousness. God is a conciousness, the highest frequency, wich is not the light of the sun, but higher. Now you can say we haven't got any proof of a frequency higher than that of the light of the sun, but hey, do we know everything allready.
That's my view of God. That's why you can ask everything to God, cause he knows everything.

It's no man, no alien, those are half-gods. It's in man, in aliens, in everything.

Everything is conciousness, from rocks to your hair, if you can 'talk' to a rock (psychometry) you will be amazed of what it can say to you, where it has been, what happened in the area around the rock, in the hands of which person the rock has been once.

God is, I guess, the 90% 'emptyness' in atoms.

This is what I think about God.

(haven't read the whole thread, so I just wanted to give you my thoughts.)

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
while god and i where talking last night , he mentioned how fed up he was with people getting the wrong idea on what he is !

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think it's dangerous to to equate God with the things of His creation. While we can marvel at aspects of creation, creation is not God. In fact if we view it that way, we actually limit what or who God is. God is God. There is no way we can fully understand or describe God until we meet Him.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
CS is right that we can't fully define God by what he's done but AA makes a good point that we are all connected through God.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Any new thoughts on this one since many have predicted cataclysmic events starting, well maybe tomorrow. Who are you putting your faith in, God or aliens?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How many sightings of God has there been?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join