It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Neither, i have faith and i believe in God, im a catholic. And of course their is other life, its logical.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just Like to say..
Most things on this site, you either belive in them or not..
Like religion nothing is set in stone.
AS you point out if god is an alien who created him, but then if god is not an alien, where did god come from..
one of those questions that will never have an answer in this life.. just like the question what come first the chicken or the Egg

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm really looking for are the thoughts of those who view aliens as god. BTW, I'm Catholic too, I believe it is possible that other life exists. I also believe that God created it, if it does exist.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't believe in the religieuse ways but I might say the only posible way that there is a god is it being a ET..
Stay with this because if people believe in superstition and see something they can not explain with the current level of knowledge on that moment will most likely put it in the way of its an act of god or godness.
We can we the current level of knowledge explain a lot of stories and so called 'mirakels' from the old and original text of the bible / koran or what ever religieus book.. sorry but its true. And the relegieus debunkers will stay with it.. even know the vatican has acknowledged the possiblity of the exictance of an ET presence in our galaxy.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great thread...The way I see it (this being a vital sentence), God is a higher form of consciousness, so it's really harder for me to imagine that "somebody" is watching over us and shaking His head when we do a no-no or a thumbs up when we help granny cross the street. And well, Aliens, even Carl Sagan did calculations of the possible number of life forms out there. Anyway, hopefully when we die we'll get more answers.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The God/s that we know and have come to believe in were probably an alien species. If we were to go to another planet with primitive inhabitants, we would certainly be seen as God/s. Most of the bible (old and new testament) sounds like a damn sci-fi novel.

Do I believe in a being that is more powerful than anything in the universe? Yes. Is his/her/it's name God? Who the hell knows? I just call him/her/it the "almighty being." No point in giving something/someone a name if you don't know their name.

Does the "almighty being" influence us? I can't say for sure. It sure as hell doesn't seem like it. And why would he/she/it want to influence us? We're probably entertainment to the "almighty being." Personally, I think we are just another "reality tv" show for the "almighty being."

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah I've definetely have thought of that too, even more so after reading the 12th Planet; although now I've read that it's a hoax text. Anybody know something about that? (Sorry OT I think)

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
EE, Thanks for the reply. If I could, I'd like to ask for clarification on a couple of points.

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
The God/s that we know and have come to believe in were probably an alien species.

why do you believe this? Please help me out, it's a very serious question.

Do I believe in a being that is more powerful than anything in the universe? Yes. Is his/her/it's name God? Who the hell knows? .....

Is your "almighty being" the creator of all things? Is he/she/it all powerful?

Does the "almighty being" influence us? I can't say for sure. It sure as hell doesn't seem like it.......

Are we looking for the "ab" to control us or to allow us to exist given the ability to reason that "ab" gave us?

BTW, I sure hope we're not God's reality show, I hate reality TV, at least of the Survivor genre!

[Edited on 5/15/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
.... point out if god is an alien who created him, but then if god is not an alien, where did god come from....

Well Colec156, What do you believe?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why did something have to create us? Why does their always have to be something there? I don't know if their is a god or almighty being but their is no believing in one. God a term that was made up...a word. Something may have very well planted us here but why would that make it our god? Do you notice other animals on the planet worshipping a god? Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by I See You]

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by I See You]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Personnally i do not believe in God, nor any other form of higher being. Why? I believe in Darwins theory of evolution and i feel religion is a form of control that has lasted through the ages. Humans seem to need someone to tell them that they are okay, they they can be forgiven for doing wrong, that life has some extra meaning. By conrtolling that you can do a degree control the masses.

Personnally i feel worship something that can not be seen nor proven is weird. Jesus may have existed but not in the form that religion wants us to believe.

Do beings exist on other planets? I hope so or its a bloody boring universe. Planet Earth can not be the only planet able to sustain life in the universe, it just doesn't make sense to me.

But thats just me.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bible

A lamb in the mist of the Elders of Heavon who Toss their crowns to it,

Similar to a United Nations authorization of a person to represent them ?

Faith, believer for more than that seperates the body, labels in Politics or Religion take sides, but those who have heard his word will follow his voice and not another.

Truths depend on one's mind-set since from birth we are conditioned, a republican will religiously attack a democrate and vice -versa, now if this secular view is found in religion what is faith but following tradition of secular thinking. If God is not of this World and I'm made in his image, then perhaps what I'm reading in the Bible are ways in which he suggest that if I want a World without suffering then I should adopt these understandings as truth's.
My own website deals with the thoughts of 2 Gods but really only 1 true God.
I see something like a Federation of Planets who authorization of sending Jesus Christ as a represenative of the Kingdom of heavon, note that even death was overcome with Christs resurrection, thus a medical knowledge we are no where close too.
Or God is spoken in his own word and will declare himself who or what he is! We all seem to add or take away from his word what we will or won't believe, yet the Bible declares he is our Father! Logical question is that of the flesh or of the spirit? Both? What came first the Spirit or the flesh? like the chicken and the egg. Christ declared to simon while still standing under the tree of life I saw you, so again teachings of what are truths and what are lies. Perhaps God is an alien, or the translation was originally FATHER, in which case I'm a decendent from a being who came from the Heavons. If so then I think we would see artifacts left on this world showing that indeed he was here and walked with Adam in a garden called Eden.
Strangely we do find writings of GODS who flew and came down, but also there are atifacts in the earth strata dating back before we supposedly could make machine parts? So to me I can read the Bible seeing a life force wanting me to understand the past so I can know how to go into the Future. Taking hate, greed, lust will only lead to acts of violence.
Like the beheading of another life in the name of GOD, a false one will want this but the true meaning of life will speak against it.
Could God be an Alien, I (singular ) think there might be a truth to it, the flesh pulls to the spiritual side, believing it did not need a body to exist and will again return to that form it had before entering into the flesh.

What really scares me is the tale of the Tower of Babel, in which "Let US go down" and from that day forward we have had our single lanquage turned into many. That sounds like a prelude to INVASION just as we hit Iraq communication centers our center to talk freely amongst us has been destroyed.

My 2 cents Michael

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Ark-Angel]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Ark-Angel]

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Ark-Angel]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have never seen god but I sure had seen a lot of aliens in this planet.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Why did something have to create us? Why does their always have to be something there?

Whether you call Him God or whatever, there must be something. If it's aliens, fine, where did they come from. If it's reptiles, welllllll oKay! where did they come from?

Look at the palm of your hand, flex your muscles, type on the keyboard. It's absolutely amazing! Two questions, why does that work in such a remarkable way? Even if you believe in Darwin, where did the universe come from in the first place?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
....but I might say the only posible way that there is a god is it being a ET.....
Stay with this because if people believe in superstition and see something they can not explain with the current level of knowledge on that moment will most likely put it in the way of its an act of god or godness.

Well help me out. Why do you say "the only posible way that there is a god is it being a ET.....", this is what I don't understand. Why do you say this?

[Edited on 5/15/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The subject of God has been on many a Ats threads but frankly iam tired of This "God". There was no god who created man, Man created god
. now to the question of other life in the universe yea itz true! the fact is that even if there was other civilizations they would be to far away to even reach us. There is probably a aliean on another planet asking this very question about a god and the answer is no there isnt a god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
The subject of God has been on many a Ats threads but frankly iam tired of This "God".

Then why do you continue to post in these "god" threads. If you are so tired of them DON'T READ or CONTRIBUTE to THEM.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Kinglizard,
What is your opinion on "god"

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Kinglizard, What is your opinion on "god"

Well, that�s a big question to answer but I would say that I have faith however it wavers from time to time. I can�t consider myself a perfect Christian. I try to live my life in accordance with the values found in the bible.

I don't know if that answers your question but it's the best I can do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join