It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were The Terrorists Right All Along?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have thought about this several times as well. When the word "terrorist" is used we are preconditioned to automatically go into hate mode. We are close minded. The media has done a fantastic job of accomplishing that. But the thing that always resonates in my mind is these people speak facts. Its not always radicalism. A lot of the time they are saying the same stuff we are. From Ahmadinejad to Kim Jung-Ill to the common Iraqi who we label a terrorist. They have stated things that you will find discussed on this site everyday. They are very afraid of Zionists and they believe (as do many of us) our country and soon the world will be run by them.

What exactly is a terrorist? They werent involved in 9/11 or imo any other claimed "terrorist attack" except as puppets. Lets remember- we really had no enemies before 9/11. Everything we were told by our government about the middle east was fabricated. Operation desert storm was originally called operation desert shield. We were only there to protect royalty who we were interested in later exploiting. Our government didnt care about kuwait. I think these men and women are doing what anybody would do if their homeland was being invaded and their families being slaughtered. What we are doing over there is a continuation of something we started a LONG time ago. Most likely securing every last drop of oil because TPTB's very safety depends on it. Whatever it is, we needed more troops, and we needed to push a couple other regimes out of power because they were becoming increasingly difficult and werent letting us pay them off like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia did.

I feel like TPTB knew that carrying out an attack as colossal as 9/11 was the only way they could keep playing that card everytime we want justification for us being at war for soooo long. They knew that the common person would NEVER suspect their govt of something THAT big. They knew that Americans, with a little help from the media and hollywood, would react exactly like we have to arabs.

sounds crazy, but its my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by jd140

Are you such a government cheerleader, that the point of that person's post went completely over your head? Some of you are such hypocrites, if one were to browse a few of the million anti-obama threads on this board, they would see you, dooper, and a few others puffing your chests against the corrupt government, then you come to a thread like this and you guys have your pom poms out for them, are they corrupt liars or aren't they? And since you obviously didn't get it, that post was stating that many in those countries aren't islamic terrorists, and are just locals defending their homes against what they see as INVADERS. If the russians and chinese ever invaded this country and installed a government that was friendly to them and allowed them to "police" us, would YOU be friendly to them as they rolled through YOUR neighborhood and busted in and searched YOUR home in the middle of the night? I'm guessing not. I know I wouldn't be.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by 27jd]

No, my point goes against their agendas so they have nothing else to do but bash me like always.

Disinfo directives:

Do not engage in constructive debate.

Mock poster and continue avoiding the subject.

And like always, it's pretty funny

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head
This is by far the most rediculous post I have ever read. Were the terrorists right?, are you serious? Trying to rationalize their point of view is just stupid. Extremeists in the middle east are not people, I would call them animals but that is not fair to animals. That part of the world is run by poverty and ignorance not rational thinking. The middle east is at war with everyone, everywhere, all the time.

For each war there is a different explanation, but is all means the same, hate. They hate just to hate, it doesnt matter who, what or where. They will never be happy. They even kill each other over disagreeances in beliefs, currently!

And to me you have just laid out the problem with this war, Tzun Tzu the art of war know thy enemy. For you to say to "try and rationalize their viewpoint is stupid" it just shines a light on the stupidity you posses. I mean of course it is stupid to try and understand why a person would hate you so blindly, because maybe if you understood that you could try and change that persons way of thinking. Nooo thats retarted lets just keep killing them and hopefully we do it faster than they can reproduce and eventually we will win. I got news for ya bud the second America starts trying to understand the reasons people are willing to blow themselves up a real change in the war can occur.
People in the midlle east arent some uneducated zombie going around and hating anything they see, by your account i should be seeing clips of Arabs on the side of the road yelling at rocks.
It is amazing to see that 8 years after this war started you can so obtusly object to anyother way of thinking, you really think your strategy is winning this war? Let me see so according to you people from the middle east are, stupid, poor, unrational, unobjectional hating CREATURES LOWER THAN HUMANS??????????
and you wonder why they dont like people like you? I DONT LIKE YOU!!!!!!!! and im Canadian, please barrage me with racist comments about my country now!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
turns out i dont know how to use the quote function yet, his opinion ends second paragraph mine begins at "and youve proven......

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Breakingdradles is a terrorist!

I thought you knew, that majority of you ATS'ers are terrorists.... Many posts and threads were indicating something like 80% of ATS members qualifying for being a terrorist.

Many of you have never killed, would never kill or harm anyone, and yet you're terrorists.

I don't trust statistics and don't like actually contributing to meaningless debates. However, some don't comprehend the scale of actual terror inflicted by someone or something without numbers, so here's the terror in numbers:

A (suspected?) terrorist attack on 9/11 deaths:
2,995 [1]

War on terrorism total deaths (Iraq War):
1,339,711 [2]

1. en.wikipedia.org...
2. en.wikipedia.org...

Both links provide additional sources. Those numbers and information relating to them are infinitely debatable, but to no point.

I am trying to make you look from another perspective, not thinking for you. If you're afraid of your neighbor you don't go assassinate him asap and if someone has been murdered you don't just randomly kill someone who might look suspicious.

Look bellow, is this normal?

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are YOU a Terrorist? Take the quiz

Would JESUS be a Terrorist?

Anti-terrorist gadgets

Is ISRAEL a Terrorist State?

Is RUSSIA an Official Terrorist Nation?

Barak Hussein Obama, Terrorist friend!

Obama's Website: Disagree With Health Care, You're a "Domestic Terrorist"

Did aliens try to stop the terrorist on 9/11?

Cops and Government ARE the Terrorists

What do words mean?

BBC Refuses to call the London attackers "Terrorists"! Shocking!

You are a terrorist

Are alien terrorists planning on nuking the polar ice caps?

All Americans Unite and Destroy Terrorism

US Military Veterans, Domestic Terrorists?

Those are just results with a "terrorist" key word. People of America are slowly creating their own Inquisition by abusing vague but insulting words such as "terrorist" or "conspirator".

Besides, para-military groups in middle east have actual names, they're not simply "terrorists", who would want to be called like that? All of them have different agendas and ideologies.

I would not try to label anyone or myself as a "terrorist" and then showing how good being a terrorist is through my appealing ideology.

What I can tell you is to search within yourself in order to become more aware and detect lies and frauds yourself through your own intuition - question yourself and question god himself. Holy texts are only tools to help you find yourself - but take care as too heavy tools can slow you down and even be destructive.

I'm off to eat some cat food now.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Use some common sense instead of political correctness! That is such a weak argument, calling me names. I have spent time in the middle east, I know what the people are like Mr. cultured Canadian, the are not ALL obviously evil, but niether were the all the German and Japaneses in WWII. But when a majority of people support a government whose bent on extermination they have to be gouped together. When that bomber was released from scottland was released he recieved a heros welcome, by the PEOPLE! When a suicide bomber blows civilians up in Isreal, the PEOPE chan in the street and call him a martyr.

It is not just a few people responsible for this violence it is a culture. The only way to change a culture is to make the people fear you more than their government or their leadership.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Communists in 1920s said exactly the same things.
www.iisg.nl...
Nazis in 1930s said exactly the same things.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liberators-Kultur-Terror-Anti-Americanism-1944-Nazi-Propaganda-Poster.jpg
Soviet Union during cold war said the same things.
Because they all were interested in weakening their enemies.
Now there is another conflict and the same stuff gets repeated over and over again. Plus depopulation idiocy.
So i am glad that they all were right all along,it is a proud company to be a part of.
As for why it now reaches mass media, empty lies that are in abundance - do not. Some of the real problems - do.
By the way, about dis-info techniques - i can add another one:
Then just ctrl-c, ctrl - v. Hope it is not off topic.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pyramid head

How is it you have spent time in the Middle East but are completely oblivious to the Isreal situation?? The reason that they call him a Martyr is because the Palestinian people are being occupied by a foreign army, Isreal is murdering Palestinians in their own country and they have no defence, they dont have weapons, they have rocks, the reason they are being praised is because being a martyr is the only weapon against the Isreals that they have. But you dont get that side of the story your feed your pro Isreali news and you think ohh those poor Israelis. Why is it Isreal is always said in the media to be defending itself or retalliating against? they are occupying forgeign land!!!!! Seems to me someone whose been to the middle east would understand this. All these poeple have is land, crops, and livestock. Israel tears down their homes, burns their crops, and steals their livestock. Research it and tell me i am wrong, challenge for extra points, dont quote Fox or CNN.
ohh and common Lockerbie Bomber as a justification for your hatred, Libya is directly below Greece and Italy Libya is closer to them than Iraq and Afghanistan you saying all Italians and Greeks are terrorists?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In these situations there is the American government side, the "terrorist" side, and the right side. Sometimes you must remove yourself from either side to see the full story. You must go by reputation rather then what you hear because everyone has their own agendas.

I personally believe no side is correct because they are both at war. In a war you must drag your enemies names through the mud, so that your people will be with you %100 of the way.

The terrorists know that speaking with the American people directly is much better then speaking with government officials only. They can get through to you and implant a lot of propaganda. At the same time, the government officials are trying t butter you up by blaming everything wrong on the "terrorists". This tactic is used to keep you in check so that the majority of the people will fear these people.

My personal belief is that both sides are wrong and should be executed. The government has committed treason against the American people, yet no one is doing anything about it. The terrorists are attacking their own people and no one is doing anything about it.

Why can't someone just sit them down in a nice big table to talk it out, while in the middle of negotiations lock the door and fill the room with zyklon B.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Pretty decent post on the subject of terrorism on ATS

The term 'terrorist' is devalued, misbegotten and inaccurate when applied by 9 out of ten users that expressed a preference*

An act of terrorism can be a tool of last resort when political, diplomatic and democratic channels are redundant or self-defeating. The terrorists in question (afaik) didn't represent a majority political consensus. Their support is implied by the reactionary media response. That the nation/s they are focused against are also without 'majority political consensus' should not imply they are 'right' either. They are all wrong, but practicalities and rationalization make fools of us all and dictate action.

IMO we can play 'historical leapfrog' and alternate responsibility for the current threat felt by the general public of all countries. As usual, we all fall into disagreements and cultural allegiances.

The reality (as I understand it) is that the domestic and foreign policies of various Governments result in the hardships of the vast majority of average people. From this dissatisfaction, terrorists/freedom fighters are born. Human nature (as it stands) is the engine that drives this mayhem.

*Statistic made up on the spot

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
here's a thought... could it be, that people all over the world, no matter where the hail from, are good decent people?

yes there are always going to be evil people, and unfortunately there ruthlessness is what gets them into a seat of power.

however i believe that people all over the world, generally have some degree of care about people from other countries.

is there a single country out there that doesn't have some form of extremist living in there mist?

people don't want to destroy one another, TPTB want us to, and are doing a great job of guiding us in that direction.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Your position makes a little more sense now, you are a "sympathizer" with the poor plight of the palistinians. Before I adress this, lybia is not european, visit Italy or Greece then visit lybia, lybias culture is similar to the middle east not Europe.

This is not about Isreal, it is about a culture, and you are rationalizing hatered. If the only problem in the middle east was palistine vs Isreal you might have a leg to stand on, but it is not. According to the middle east it is India, America, Britan, Isreal, Spain, Western sympathizers in Pakistan, the list can go on. If you have a culture that can rationalize stoning a woman to death because she was raped you do not have a rational culture, by human standards. Please dont argue that palistinian propaganda it is fueled only by ignorance and bigotry.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The reason why the terrorists say these things is to make people believe they are sympathetic to the american people. It is just one mechanism used to recruit and convert non-muslims to Islam. Saying they will kill us until we make the changes they want us to make is to increase fear. Fear is the best weapon terrorists have. The terrorists are not RIGHT in an stretch of the imagination.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

To be honest, I don't remember but, did they say these things to us 8 years ago? I don't think so. I think they have some people in their ranks with their fingers on the pulse of the American people and they are just feeding us what they want to hear. I really doubt any of these guys give two #s for us. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pyramid head

"According to the middle east it is India, America, Britan, Isreal, Spain, Western sympathizers in Pakistan, the list can go on."

Don't forget China and Australia.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not to mention the thousands of eye witnesses who lied about it as well.

Pesky eye witnesses.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
In these situations there is the American government side, the "terrorist" side, and the right side. Sometimes you must remove yourself from either side to see the full story. You must go by reputation rather then what you hear because everyone has their own agendas.

Exactly.

Pick one of the thread bashers here, click on their name, look at the posts and threads started by them, and they do agree with 75% of what is being said in the video and have said it themselves.

There are so many hypocrites in this thread it is astounding.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

Not to mention the thousands of eye witnesses who lied about it as well.

Pesky eye witnesses.

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN:

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT 9/11, ISLAM VS WESTERN WORLD, OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE FACT THAT THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, ATS, AND A LARGE NUMBER OF AMERICANS NOW BRING UP THE EXACT SAME GRIPES THAT THE "TERRORISTS" HAVE HAD WITH THE US GOVERNMENT ALL ALONG.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

"Exactly.

Pick one of the thread bashers here, click on their name, look at the posts and threads started by them, and they do agree with 75% of what is being said in the video and have said it themselves.

There are so many hypocrites in this thread it is astounding."

I can't speak for anyone else, but just because they agree with what people have said here doesn't mean they are on their side. They might be saying these things to curry favor for their OWN cause not anyone else's.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

"Exactly.

There are so many hypocrites in this thread it is astounding."

I can't speak for anyone else, but just because they agree with what people have said here doesn't mean they are on their side. They might be saying these things to curry favor for their OWN cause not anyone else's.

NO ONE IS CHOOSING SIDES HERE!!!!

JESUS PEOPLE, THIS THREAD MERELY COMPARES HOW THE POPULAR VOICING OF PROBLEMS WITH THE GOVERNMENT BY US CITIZENS MIRRORS WHAT THE "TERRORISTS" HAVE BEEN TELLING THE WORLD SINCE THE START OF THE WARS.

PLEASE READ THE OP AND SEE IF YOU CAN SEE SIMILARITIES TO THREADS BROUGHT UP HERE, THE NEWS AT NIGHT, NEWS WEBSITES ECT.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by breakingdradles]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join